The Rumour Thread

1 hour ago, Snorri Nelriksson said:

Considering we are getting 2 medium to big releases(orruks and stormcasts) i'd say that the chaos tome will be one with not too much models....so Maggotkin or Khorne.
Both  could just get a pair of units and hero and be still fine (Khorne more so), Furnace Kings would need a whole new army so considering the 40k BT and Orks timeframe i'd say it will be too much crowded.
Still they both lack Beastmen so i'd love some canine faced Khorngors or classic pestigors,paving the way to the "1st big wave" of BoC made in Aos.
The real question is....what will get Death after that considering that is the only GA left for the beginning of 3rd edition?
Big wave for FeC?(they need badly new units and some new kits for things that have not a proper kit but are just makeshift from different ones)
Or just Nighthaunt battletome?
@NosThat rumor got both wrong the GK vs TS box and the lack of Krule cavalry, the correct rumor was another though.

Death will either be FEC or Nighthaunt and my monies on FEC. There are a few Rumour Engines that scream FEC to me and will probably be a new Hero model such as Ushoran the Carrion King. That could be the hero in a new Duel Box with another Faction such as the Maggotkin.

15 minutes ago, Chikout said:

As expected is Grey Knights and Thousand Sons next week with no preview. 

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2021/08/01/sunday-preview-thousand-sons-and-grey-knights-galore/

Hoping for a little something on Monday. 

Damnit!! Fingers crossed for next week then I suppose.

6 minutes ago, novakai said:

it should put to bed the rumor that Battleboxes where going to have all refresh models on for one side of the forces

i didn't think GW where all of a sudden changing from the usual each side gets one new model and everything else is old kits format for these boxes

also i didn't really believe that Bullgors of all thing needed a new plastic model when they are plastic to begin with.

Bullgors are probably the least in need of an update, I just know I personally dont like them too much and prefer the older metal Minotaurs.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

Death will either be FEC or Nighthaunt and my monies on FEC. There are a few Rumour Engines that scream FEC to me and will probably be a new Hero model such as Ushoran the Carrion King. That could be the hero in a new Duel Box with another Faction such as the Maggotkin.

FEC vs Nurgle would be amazing... but I hope for the sake of my wallet that it doesn't happen. I am slightly tempted to expand into a monogod faction when I am done my Ogors and SCE -- but only after. My cousin plays death and he is really looking to expand into FEC but again only when he is done his Soulblight. This would probably press both our hands as we don't have terrible impulse control but are both terrible at peer pressuring each other with this hobby.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

Bullgors are probably the least in need of an update, I just know I personally dont like them too much and prefer the older metal Minotaurs.

Aesthetic aside, not really compare to other stuff, the are a functioning modern plastic kit and i am not seeing why GW would needs to update them over other stuff. they just need a Plastic Doombull to replace the resin one

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Neverchosen said:

FEC vs Nurgle would be amazing... but I hope for the sake of my wallet that it doesn't happen. I am slightly tempted to expand into a monogod faction when I am done my Ogors and SCE -- but only after. My cousin plays death and he is really looking to expand into FEC but again only when he is done his Soulblight. This would probably press both our hands as we don't have terrible impulse control but are both terrible at peer pressuring each other with this hobby.

And who knows mate, Mawtribes may have a Firebelly expansion and you'll be drawn straight back into the Maw!!

26 minutes ago, novakai said:

Aesthetic aside, not really compare to other stuff, the are a functioning modern plastic kit and i am not seeing why GW would needs to update them over other stuff. they just need a Plastic Doombull to replace the resin one

100%.

• LOVE IT! 1

3 hours ago, cyrus said:

Furnace Kings/chaos dwarfs 3.0 were both rumored( via Grimdark live) and hinted in Kruleboyz/hobgrot lore.

Important to note that while true, rumours talked about 2023/24 for CD (Although I don't think Grimdark live mentioned any dates). So, don't expect our evil stunty friends to come out soon - as much as I have been conducting unholy sacrifices to Dark Gods, even Dark Gods cower before GW Release Schedule!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

46 minutes ago, novakai said:

They did update both Skeletons and Zombies recently and both were plastic. I do really want new Bullgors as they are my least favourite plastics in the BoC line but they are not the worst offenders in plastic. If any plastic kit needs an update it is Night Runners: 

https://www.games-workshop.com/en-CA/Skaven-Night-Runners

But overall my top hopes for updates for Beasts are plastic Centigors and the Shaggoth. I also feel like we might see the Jabberslythe, Cockatrice and Razorgor get retired in favour of some new chaotic monsters*. I think they will do it in a way that gives old fans the ability to use their resin kits but maybe giving them new identities and updated sculpts in plastic.

*Also I am still confused as to how the Chimera fits into the faction now. I feel like it is maybe going to become more of a general pick for Chaos factions with ties to Warcry.

Edited by Neverchosen
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Public Universal Duardin said:

Important to note that while true, rumours talked about 2023/24 for CD (Although I don't think Grimdark live mentioned any dates). So, don't expect our evil stunty friends to come out soon - as much as I have been conducting unholy sacrifices to Dark Gods, even Dark Gods cower before GW Release Schedule!

Even if the rumour isn't true, don't forget Malarion was in the Core book for AoS launch and still hasn't got an army and it took Lumineth until last year to appear. So long time lags for armies and races hinted or outright said in the lore is a given thing. 

20 minutes ago, Public Universal Duardin said:
3 hours ago, cyrus said:

I though 2023-2024 was the date for The Old Wolrd, and that Furnace Kings were 2022?

14 minutes ago, Neverchosen said:

They did update both Skeletons and Zombies recently and both were plastic. I do really want new Bullgors as they are my least favourite plastics in the BoC line but they are not the worst offenders in plastic. If any plastic kit needs an update it is Night Runners: 

But overall my top hopes for updates for Beasts are plastic Centigor and Shaggoth. I also feel like we might see the Jabberslythe, Cockatrice and Razorgor get retired in favour of some new chaotic monsters. I think they will do it in a way that gives old fans the ability to use their resin kits but maybe giving them new identities and updated sculpts in plastic.

they probably go by age like the Zombie where like 5th edition models, Skeleton where newer kits but not that new.

i know they finally redo plastic Ork Boyz because they where made in the 90s

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Neverchosen said:

But overall my top hopes for updates for Beasts are plastic Centigors and the Shaggoth. I also feel like we might see the Jabberslythe, Cockatrice and Razorgor get retired in favour of some new chaotic monsters*. I think they will do it in a way that gives old fans the ability to use their resin kits but maybe giving them new identities and updated sculpts in plastic.

*Also I am still confused as to how the Chimera fits into the faction now. I feel like it is maybe going to become more of a general pick for Chaos factions with ties to Warcry.

A new plastic Shaggoth kit would sell gangbusters. Just imagine a Mega Gargant sized Dragon Ogor? Hell I may even pick one up for conversions it would be monumental.

I'd truly love for BOC to be updated, alongside Skaven and Seraphon they're the armies in most need of updates.*

*And Mawtribes.

• Like 3
  • LOVE IT! 2

2 hours ago, Public Universal Duardin said:

Considering that the rumors of the "Whole three years plan" was proved wrong maybe the evil dawis could come back before than expected.

Edited by Snorri Nelriksson

29 minutes ago, Tervindar said:

Please replace saurus, knights, and kroxigors, and some of the finecast heroes..... any year now! of course, skaven too. 

This would put Seraphon in the best place. A new Saurus Oldblood or new named Character and the Faction would be perfect. 

1 hour ago, Tervindar said:

Please replace saurus, knights, and kroxigors, and some of the finecast heroes..... any year now! of course, skaven too. 

They’re the faction I’m most excited to see updated. And not knowing whether it could be another year + away is so frustrating. 

Is this how the slann felt, fumbling their way along The Great Plan?! 

• Like 1

I don't know how many more times we're going to have to see that 4chan rumor debunked for people to stop bringing it up. Half of what it's said has been wrong, and that's for the immediate releases. The only stuff left to it are army releases multiple years out that anyone could guess. Grimdark Live never substantiated it, nor did they say it came from a source they trusted. They were only repeated what was being said by others.

It has absolutely no merit worth discussing.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, KriticalKhan said:

I don't know how many more times we're going to have to see that 4chan rumor debunked for people to stop bringing it up. Half of what it's said has been wrong, and that's for the immediate releases. The only stuff left to it are army releases multiple years out that anyone could guess. Grimdark Live never substantiated it, nor did they say it came from a source they trusted. They were only repeated what was being said by others.

It has absolutely no merit worth discussing.

Also whitefang implied it to be false via reactions when it was first posted.

Literally 99% of rumors from /tg/ are people wishlisting or trolling to spend some time between racist / xphobic ****** posting. 

• Like 4

Just now, HollowHills said:

Also whitefang implied it to be false via reactions when it was first posted.

Literally 99% of rumors from /tg/ are people wishlisting or trolling to spend some time between racist / xphobic ****** posting. 

Sadly most forums and other warhammer community sites are full of this. More common than anyone cares to admit.

We should all be patient & inclusive. Providing constructive and informative assistance so we can all paint the nasty bare plastic and enjoy some games. 

• Like 9

3 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

This would put Seraphon in the best place. A new Saurus Oldblood or new named Character and the Faction would be perfect. 

Totally agreed, the saurus guard poses fit what they do imo. I'm still saving for the day this happens, if it happens, with a new kroak it can only give me hope....