The Rumour Thread

3 hours ago, mystycalchemy said:

Any chance GW posts This Week in Warhammer early for a 3rd week straight? :P i wanna know if SCE/OWC books are going on pre-order first week of august (even though i'm sure it'll be the last week of Aug :( )

They're definitely not going up for preorder until August

14 minutes ago, KriticalKhan said:

Can I be naively optimistic and hope that all the previewed stuff will be out within a 1-ish month timeframe from when the pre-orders start? How long did it take for all the post-Indomitus Necron and Space Marine stuff to drop? I NEED that giant vulture

The 40k stuff tools absolutely ages but AoS releases tend to be more condensed. I think there's a good chance we see it all within a month. 

2 hours ago, PJetski said:

They're definitely not going up for preorder until August

I mean that's what I'm sayin, next sunday (tomorrow, depending on your time zone) is August 1st, so if the battletomes went on preorder, they released in august, like they said they would! I was just hoping the video they usually post would be up early so we'd know 😛

• Like 2

For what it’s worth my money is on August 7th preorder. In the past GW have never published faction & allegiance rule previews until after something has already had the preorder announcement (not the preorder itself). This itself suggests the release is imminent.

I don’t follow 40k closely but as far as I can tell we haven’t seen similar rules articles for Thousand Sons or Grey Knights yet (only the sorcerer, not faction/allegiance stuff or whatever the 40k equivalent is).

On the other hand, they have been pushing Kill Team hard in the last week. They may slip this in between this weeks AoS terrain and the new battletomes the following week. That being said, Stormcast and Kruleboyz previews were before the Kill Team one, which suggests that they come first in the running order.

If the AoS preorder is next weekend this also leaves one more new miniature Monday slot for SCE dragon cavalry before preorders start. Whitefang has hinted at this heavily but I don’t think we’ve had any rumours of further Kruleboyz releases.

If it’s not next weekend then the week after 💯 

Edited by PrimeElectrid
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Loyal Son of Khemri said:

Here’s hoping there’s a preview as well(I need my Chaos Dwarf fix and @KingBrodd needs some ogres).

Heres hoping that there are some more Chaos Duardin rumours coming your way mate. Just imagine a new Battlebox featuring Chaos Duardin and Ogor Gutbusters...

1 hour ago, PrimeElectrid said:

For what it’s worth my money is on August 7th preorder. In the past GW have never published faction & allegiance rule previews until after something has already had the preorder announcement (not the preorder itself). This itself suggests the release is imminent.

I don’t follow 40k closely but as far as I can tell we haven’t seen similar rules articles for Thousand Sons or Grey Knights yet (only the sorcerer, not faction/allegiance stuff or whatever the 40k equivalent is).

On the other hand, they have been pushing Kill Team hard in the last week. They may slip this in between this weeks AoS terrain and the new battletomes the following week. That being said, Stormcast and Kruleboyz previews were before the Kill Team one, which suggests that they come first in the running order.

If the AoS preorder is next weekend this also leaves one more new miniature Monday slot for SCE dragon cavalry before preorders start. Whitefang has hinted at this heavily but I don’t think we’ve had any rumours of further Kruleboyz releases.

If it’s not next weekend then the week after 💯 

I like the way you think mate!! Heres hoping they are announced this weekend for Pre Order alongside an Online Preview next weekend. 

• Like 1

I suspect we'll see preorders later in the month, possibly even the last weekend of August - GW said the battletomes would be up for pre-order in the month, not that they'd be released during August, after all.

And I think we're pretty likely to see more Kruleboy/Warclan releases. If nothing else, I can't believe they'd release the battletome without a set of Warclan endless spells.

1 hour ago, Acrozatarim said:

I suspect we'll see preorders later in the month, possibly even the last weekend of August - GW said the battletomes would be up for pre-order in the month, not that they'd be released during August, after all.

And I think we're pretty likely to see more Kruleboy/Warclan releases. If nothing else, I can't believe they'd release the battletome without a set of Warclan endless spells.

True. I would hope that Warclans and indeed every Faction that doesnt have some, either get a Terrain Piece or Endless Spell this Edition.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, KingBrodd said:

True. I would hope that Warclans and indeed every Faction that doesnt have some, either get a Terrain Piece or Endless Spell this Edition.

I still find it so confusing how about half the available terrain seems like it is designed aesthetically for Stormcast yet they do not have any faction specific terrain. 

• Haha 3

42 minutes ago, Neverchosen said:

I still find it so confusing how about half the available terrain seems like it is designed aesthetically for Stormcast yet they do not have any faction specific terrain. 

That's because all terrain is faction specific terrain for Stormcast. The other factions just don't know it yet.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I don't expect the release date before Warhammer+ is launched, so pre-order the August 21th is the best date to me. You must remember that all the new battletomes are gonna include a code to the new App that is gonna be launched with Warhammer+

23 minutes ago, SunStorm said:

Can anybody remember back to the Necron\SM releases, did everything for them arrive in 1 weekend? Or do you think they'll split the Warclans\SCE book and the kits of a couple of weekends?

they were split into multiple weekends as well as a Kill Team boxset.

29 minutes ago, SunStorm said:

Can anybody remember back to the Necron\SM releases, did everything for them arrive in 1 weekend? Or do you think they'll split the Warclans\SCE book and the kits of a couple of weekends?

You can expect every SCE box to be released in about 6 months. Could be even longer, the heavy intercessors were available as there own box only last May, a good 7 months after the codex.

4 hours ago, Qrow said:

They said that the new app would be available before the new battetomes, so I'm waiting for that to be announced. The tomes will probably be up for preorder the same week the app goes live

Just like with the 40k app, they initially claimed it would be available at one time, then edited that post to remove the claim. Now there's no ETA, it's "soon(TM)". I very much doubt they're going to hold up the release of their battletomes for the app. 

• Like 3

Good point about the Warhammer Plus timing. Even if it ends up delayed, they'll likely have scheduled the battletome release date around the planned Warhammer Plus date. So I guess we'll see preorders on the weekend of the 14th/15th (to release the battletomes just before the Warhammer Plus release) or the weekend of the 21st/22nd (so the battletomes reach peoples' hands a few days after the Plus releease).

26 minutes ago, Mutton said:

Just to let everyone know, I've taken the advice of some members here and created a Warhammer News Thread. Please take a look, and maybe we can create an easier way to access the information and conversations we really want to engage with.

It won't work without your cooperation! Thanks.

Sounds good. This post feels like the super off topic thread. Or well, sometimes there is rumors or discussions about Warhammer news.

Did gw say when the new AoS app will release?

Edited by Howdyhedberg