The Rumour Thread

1 minute ago, OkayestDM said:

Possibly, but I don't think they'd make one-turn enhancements for an army.

Enhancements are a new system, so I imagine they would want to play around with using them in interesting ways, especially for one of the first books.
I imagine they're formatted to be "pre-game" tricks that give you a benefit once per battle, rather than one-turn effects, so stuff like ambushing units, or laying down traps on objectives/terrain.

We’ve only seen two previews for the new battletomes and a smattering of warscrolls from Dominion. I think it’s safe to say we haven’t seen nearly enough to determine the actual quality of these armies. 

I realize speculation is half of the fun, but we should be careful declaring if something is good or not at this point. There’s some concerns that the Kruleboyz will be lackluster, maybe, or maybe the unseen sub-factions and buffs of the many heroes might make them very strong. Basically it still seems too early to start putting these battletomes on either a pedestal or in the bin.

5 hours ago, Dreddships said:

Warcry is definitely coming back.

I'll bet good money that - following, even by GW's statements in their financials, the massive success of Cursed City and the clear hype for Skirmish considering the new Kill Team finally having some dedicated terrain and killteams - Warcry will become a big player in it's relaunch.

Season 1 was clearly big enough for Kill Team to get an entire rework - rules and models - that looks VERY similar. 

I'd imagine the Shadowstalkers were initally planned as part of this Season 2 - being the only warband not mentioned in the first core book - that got early import to get out Catacombs. 

If I'm a betting man - based around Death Korp appearing and the clear indication from GW that Kill Team will work to bring in some represenation for the 'forgotten' or 'niche' factions (Squats? Tau Auxilleries?) - I'd call that might import to Warcry.

Kurnothi, the Cities 'factions' like the Shyish Crow Worshippers, weird Destruction monsters.

I'm VERY excited for Warcry S2.

Yeah it was seeing what they are doing with Killteam - dedicated model kits and terrain that made me think of Warcry being due a new wave .. probably not soon to clash with Killteam but maybe next year?The scale of both games is perfect for investigating odder elements of factions I can't wait to see what they bring out for both systems!

Edited by silverstu
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, silverstu said:

Yeah it was seeing what they are doing with Killteam - dedicated model kits and terrain that made me think of Warcry being due a new wave .. probably not soon to clash with Killteam but maybe next year?The scale of both games is perfect for investigating odder elements of factions I can't wait to see what they bring out for both systems!

I'm guessing around this time next year as well. Would mean hopefully all of the Warbands from the next Season of Underworlds will be released by then as well.

Really hoping THIS Sunday we get another Preview announcement. I will keep hoping until it happens!!

Unrelated to the recent rules previews but on the subject of book writers:

I believe there are 2 writers/groups of writers. One writes fun, narrative rules that match the lore (Gloomspite Gitz etc), and the other writes the most overpowered game breaking nonsense they can get away with (Slaanesh 2019 etc)

I don’t agree with the sin/bin meme going around because the battletomes from the first category are actually the better books, it’s the second category that are bad

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Joseph Mackay said:

Unrelated to the recent rules previews but on the subject of book writers:

I believe there are 2 writers/groups of writers. One writes fun, narrative rules that match the lore (Gloomspite Gitz etc), and the other writes the most overpowered game breaking nonsense they can get away with (Slaanesh 2019 etc)

I don’t agree with the sin/bin meme going around because the battletomes from the first category are actually the better books, it’s the second category that are bad

I think sin/bin is fine as long as everyone gets a bit of both. 

The previously prevailing theme seems to be that chaos and particularly order get a lot of sin. Destruction consistently gets more "fun " (GW code for bin) content. Fun content normally just means random and thematically named but weak/niche rules. GSG exemplifies thus as well as its awful keyword bingo.

Kragnos also continues all the classic destruction issues. Random MW on massively wordy/overcomplicated charge rule where the highest probability outcome is no MW, niche narrative rule vs drakes, +1 bravery rule in destruction (just why?) and of course... wildly overcosted. Plus narratively also just ****** in this case.

So when I see the third over-complicated/low power -1 to hit rule for Kruleboyz (with thematic name), that throws up the bin red flags.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

Moar monsters confirmed? I'm clutching at straws here we need new Rumours. 

La0jHorBHrnVoAfu-665x665.jpg

I think everyone who gets a book in the next year or so will be getting a monster. They've gone big on monsters in the rules and lore, I'm guessing theres a reason for that. Can foresee a bunch of non faction aligned beasts, maybe even a supplement of 5 or 6 with associated rules and battle plans etc 

GW clearly want AOS as a system to stand as a unique thing. The meta of the development in 2.0 was steering it towards a looser rank and file wargame, I think they're trying to pitch it as a Mythic/Heroic simulation with multiple heroes and Big Things being the most important elements.

Edited by Nos
  • Like 3

White Dwarf 467 also contains a guide to Hysh featuring some lovely maps, and the Tome Celestial focuses on some of the biggest folks in the realms, the Sons of Behemat. Finally for the Mortal Realms, discover fresh core battalions and rules for matched play, as well as some brilliant ways to use your gargants in a Path to Glory campaign.

I sure hope that's not supposed to mean faction exclusive core battalions for SoB. If they are faction exclusive, then it's really a complete farce that they scrapped faction-exclusive battalions only to bring them back again a few months later.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

Interesting, it says core battalions for matched play. Right now the Sons do not really fit well into any core battalions at all. Unlucky this is on preorder the weekend I am taking the sons to a tournament and not the other way around ;) 

It is interesting though to see that White Dwarf will be adding core battalions for matched play though, I did not expect that outside GHBs.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

I sure hope that's not supposed to mean faction exclusive core battalions for SoB. If they are faction exclusive, then it's really a complete farce that they scrapped faction-exclusive battalions only to bring them back again a few months later.

It’s also a complete farce to put them in a white dwarf where I guess they will be dripped out over the next 2 years creating another avenue of haves and have-nots.

42 minutes ago, Nos said:

I think everyone who gets a book in the next year or so will be getting a monster. They've gone big on monsters in the rules and lore, I'm guessing theres a reason for that. Can foresee a bunch of non faction aligned beasts, maybe even a supplement of 5 or 6 with associated rules and battle plans etc 

GW clearly want AOS as a system to stand as a unique thing. The meta of the development in 2.0 was steering it towards a looser rank and file wargame, I think they're trying to pitch it as a Mythic/Heroic simulation with multiple heroes and Big Things being the most important elements.

I'm loving the Monster Mash we are having. Monsters got me into the hobby and now its their time to shine.

I also hope each Faction gets some new Monsters, it gives me hope that the Sons of Behemat may get a new kit or updated Mancrusher this edition as well. I'd also love to see what new Prehistoric Beasties are to come for Ogor Mawtribes!!

10 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

I so hope we get the Matriarch someday!! 

14 minutes ago, PrimeElectrid said:

It’s also a complete farce to put them in a white dwarf where I guess they will be dripped out over the next 2 years creating another avenue of haves and have-nots.

Don't worry mate, when they inevitably bring out "Totally even more Broken Realms: *insert character*", they will conveniently put them all together for you for the bargain price of 49.99. And be valid for like 3 months? If you're lucky. 

Edited by Heijoshin
  • Like 6
  • Confused 1

Yikes, not at all a fan of Core Battalions for Matched Play being in White Dwarf. WD rules have always been a little iffy, usually providing nice small rules for armies (SCE getting warscroll battalions for one of their subfactions amd a minor named character in one of their 4 articles, the rest didn't have points, as well as Gloomspite's subfactions)

But wow, really not a fan of this. Although honestly, if its just battalions that allow Sons to make use of the battalion abilities, it might not be too bad (such as a battalion with 3 commander slots giving one of the free command abilities or magnificent)

Though personally, give me more Anvil of Apotheosis rules gw! Anvil of Destruction with options for Kruleboyz, Troggoth Heroes, Squig-riders, Ogors, Gargants! There's plenty to make here!

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

Captura.JPG.6e8ed5050670f51205a70996ddf33ab8.JPG

That's huge

That’s even worse.

GW recognise some factions need help in 3.0 but they are going to address this through paid updates one month at a time.

Imagine your faction is 6 on the list. Let’s be generous and assume the other 5 ahead of you need more help. You still have to wait 6 months to get that help. And pay for the pleasure!

Now imagine you are 12th on the list. That’s a year into the edition.

And that’s assuming Gw are going in a priority order and not the ones that they like or catch their fancy.

Meanwhile thanks to digitisation GW could make this immediately available. They could even charge for it if they like. That would be bad but at least it would address these supposed issues ASAP.

Completely ****** practice. 

Edited by PrimeElectrid
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1