The Rumour Thread

27 minutes ago, Sigmarusvult said:

So it looks like we are not going to see hobgrots riding wolves alongside the Kruel Boys. Gosh I wonder, which other army could they be released with ? 

300px-ChaosDwarfDaemonsmith.png.587ecccc7a2d22a8e2fc786c78e6dc91.png 

Unless the rumour was false.

What if that means the Chaos Dwarf rumour was false?

PANIC!

58 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

Unless the rumour was false.

What if that means the Chaos Dwarf rumour was false?

PANIC!

IN THE NAME OF LONG LOST NEHEKHARA AND HASHUT I WILL DECLARE WAR IF THAT IS THE CASE!!!

all jokes aside, I would be rather disappointed if GW doesn’t actually release chorfs after all of this build up. 

Edited by Loyal Son of Khemri
  • Like 2

31 minutes ago, Loyal Son of Khemri said:

IN THE NAME OF LONG LOST NEHEKHARA AND HASHUT I WILL DECLARE WAR IF THAT IS THE CASE!!!

all jokes aside, I would be rather disappointed if GW doesn’t actually release chorfs after all of this build up. 

That's make me an idea:

New Nehekhara a Death-Order book with the return of Settra (Order) and Arkhan the Black (Death)

Furnace Kings a Destruction-Chaos book with the Chaos Dwarfs (Chaos) and the Hobgrots (Destruction)

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, sorokyl said:

Perhaps that's why it is not its own faction. I get that it the other troops have a different aesthetic. I mean I am going pure Kruelboyz myself, but you do have to be reasonable in how many new kits you expect them to put out!  

From a Warclans perspective, they got what they needed. There was already plenty of dudes on foot. There's already 2 calvary units. They needed support models, wizards, ranged, artillery, monsters. 

Its clearly a bin guy book so at this point I am just hoping that he hasn't ruined IJ alongside the ongoing lacklustre Kruleboyz rule teases.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Nezzhil said:

Last Season had 3 Order, 2 Death, 2 Chaos and 1 Destruction. You forgot the boxed warbands. :)

We're changing the Realm and we are leaving Ghur so I expect less importance of Destruction.

I expect 3 Order, 2 Chaos, 1 Death and 2 Destruction.

Oh damn you're right mate!! All I want is an Ogor Maneaters Warband.

1 hour ago, Nezzhil said:

That's make me an idea:

New Nehekhara a Death-Order book with the return of Settra (Order) and Arkhan the Black (Death)

Furnace Kings a Destruction-Chaos book with the Chaos Dwarfs (Chaos) and the Hobgrots (Destruction)

As awesome as both of those sound, odds are GW would never do such a thing: why sell two battletomes when you can sell four?

29 minutes ago, Overread said:

Just remember GW has had Eldar Exodites in lore and in artwork and lore articles for decades. Through that entire time they've only produced a tiny handful of models and most of them are decades out of production. 

Shhhh..... This is no place for logic or reason.

We only do hype and self-inflicted delusions.

Anyone want to bet when we're getting the Firebellies expansion? It's bound to be any day now.

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

5 minutes ago, Rachmani said:

I‘d love that. Two/three brothers constantly bickering and infighting.

Yes 3 Ogor Maneater brothers with Gear from 3 separate Realms!! One Ranged, One Heavy and a Leader.

2 minutes ago, KriticalKhan said:

Shhhh..... This is no place for logic or reason.

We only do hype and self-inflicted delusions.

Anyone want to bet when we're getting the Firebellies expansion? It's bound to be any day now.

If Ogors dont get either a refresh or Firebelly Expansion during the Era of the Beast and the current Ghur setting of the narrative I'll have lost faith in Behemat.

2 hours ago, Loyal Son of Khemri said:

As awesome as both of those sound, odds are GW would never do such a thing: why sell two battletomes when you can sell four?

Right its not like they've done any faction consolidation over the last few years... 

They can barely put out battletomes fast enough as is. And it's not like each person buys each battletome, so your math is a bit flawed. 

6 hours ago, Loyal Son of Khemri said:

Well, they did put all the Orruks in one book. And both fairly different Mawtribes in one book. And there are the rumours about unified dwarfs/dwarves. Aaand the looming thread of Daughters losing their identity in an Umbraneth Shadowlords book. 

1 hour ago, Maogrim said:

Well, they did put all the Orruks in one book. And both fairly different Mawtribes in one book. And there are the rumours about unified dwarfs/dwarves. Aaand the looming thread of Daughters losing their identity in an Umbraneth Shadowlords book. 

Honestly I think that would be OK, I'd like there to be less battletomes, but more frequent updates to those we have. Larger "soup" tomes also increases the sales potential of models as a natural consequence. Warclans is an example of this, as new orruk models will be on the radar for any type of orruk player, not just those who would like to start a new Kruleboyz army, but you also open the market to that ironjawz player who would like some ranged support or a cool new monster. 

I could see Fyreslayers and KO getting put into a single book like Warclans, I guess the dawnbreaker crusades in general will open up a narrative of all kinds of new alliances being formed and with the new avatar of Grungni (or the man himself) that is being hinted a lot in the lore right now, he could easily be a rally point for a "soup" duardin book. Then we just need a new flying boat with a catapult launching angry grimwrath berserkers into the face of bloodthirsters and I might just give the duardins a closer look ;)

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, SilentSentinel said:

It's unfortunate that we might not be seeing anything else for the Kruleboyz, feel like they at least need a cavalry unit and an elite unit of some kind.

At this stage, unless something changes with hobgrotz, Kruleboyz will only have two units: gutrippaz and boltboyz. That's a pretty terrible selection, I can't think of any other faction that's limited to only 2 units.

It feels like there must be more coming, especially as the stream said that Kruleboyz were a horde style army. They are way to expensive to run as horde without major changes or more units to choose from.

I'm honestly really confused by the kruleboyz right now, love the look of them and still plan to get a lot of them, but even the rules preview was disappointing. Of the few known abilities of the kruleboyz, 3 of them are just giving a -1 to hit which doesn't stack. I hope they give us a better idea of what to expect soon.

• Like 2

I finally got around to reading Broken Realms Kragnos and was surprised to see that Krondys and Karazai get a name check. It was them who made the deal with Kroak and gave up their eggs. 

This means that the dragons in the Seraphon short story are definitely different. Even without the hints from @Whitefang, I'm pretty convinced we still have more dragons to come. They said on Warhammer community that we would get a Stormcast battletome preview this week. Could we see the new dragons that soon?

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Qrow said:

At this stage, unless something changes with hobgrotz, Kruleboyz will only have two units: gutrippaz and boltboyz. That's a pretty terrible selection, I can't think of any other faction that's limited to only 2 units.

Maybe GW were hesitant to encroach on Ironjawz/Bonesplitters territory? But I agree, Kruleboyz could at least use a light cav unit. That's not found anywhere else in Warclans, either.

I think we should count Hobrots, Gutrippers and Boltboys as far as troops go. Still a pretty dismal selection, though. Trash infantry, regular infantry and elite ranged. Even kind of doubling up on battlefield roles. That kind of variety is worse than some of the smallest factions like OBR, on par with Fyreslayers. Even LRL had more variety after only their first wave, and people were already saying that faction felt incomplete at the time.

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, Qrow said:

It feels like there must be more coming, especially as the stream said that Kruleboyz were a horde style army. They are way to expensive to run as horde without major changes or more units to choose from.

I'm honestly really confused by the kruleboyz right now, love the look of them and still plan to get a lot of them, but even the rules preview was disappointing. Of the few known abilities of the kruleboyz, 3 of them are just giving a -1 to hit which doesn't stack. I hope they give us a better idea of what to expect soon.

Yeah I feel much the same, I'll still be buying into them a decent bit but the lack of unit diversity has dulled my enthusiasm somewhat. At this stage it looks like if that if you want to run an army that has a lot of battle line it's going to possibly get rather samey.

I've never really been much of a fan of armies that have a large number of characters to the point where it almost outweighs the basic units, so it's a little disappointing that the Kruleboyz seem to be shaping up to be that way.

That being said I do love the big monster units I just rarely like buying a large amount of monster models for my armies (mostly because at the speed I paint they probably wouldn't be done for another decade or two).

• Like 1

Sadly I think anyone expecting more kruleboyz should consider that they’ve already shown off the centrepiece and you only go up from there, marketing-wise. I doubt they are now going to indulge in bathos by revealing a plain old infantry unit. It’s an anticlimax when you want to finish on a high. Even a light cavalry wolf rider unit is going to feel a little limp after that vulture thing.

They can still pull it off with SCE as dragon cavalry will no doubt be large, elite and pack enough of that wow factor to follow the dragons. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Qrow said:

This isnt correct though. Kruelboyz arent an army. Dont have a book.

They are a faction within Orruk Warclans.

OW have 4 battleline, not including any faction keywords 

If you *want to choose* to limit yourself to the factional subdivision of OW called Kruleboyz and use their models only, you have access to 2 BL (Rippaz and Stabbaz) and a third if you choose a subfaction keyword. 

If you *choose* to limit other armies to their respective factions using the same rules, you likewise tend to have very few models to choose from.

Personally I would rather there were more troops in their aesthetic as I really dig their 80's trad vibe, the monsters dont hit for me so much. Loved paintng these guys.

20210719_165218.jpg

Edited by Nos
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

I'd be pretty disappointed if Kruleboyz don't at least get a cavalry unit - if there are indeed no more units to be revealed they're sadly going to feel a bit lacking for me. Ironjawz and Bonesplitterz already felt lacking for me too, and maybe GW really just want us to soup them all to fill in the gaps, but for me they just don't look good as a mixed force, they're lacking a coherent visual style.

I don't get Hobgrots at all BTW, I'd happily trade those for more Kruleboyz.

Edited by Gareth 🍄
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Nos said:

Sure, being part of a larger book changes things a bit, but at the same time there is a sub-allegiance in there that will presumably restrict you to just Kruleboyz.

I personally feel like how they are organized within the book is of secondary importance. Yes, you can put them into Big Waaagh, but they are also supposed to stand on their own as a new type of ork with their own aesthetic.

25 minutes ago, Nos said:

OW have 4 battleline, not including any faction keywords 

If you are saying that factions with mixed battletomes can't have their full and unique unit rosters, that's another negative point for a mixed dwarf army....

• Like 12