The Rumour Thread

2 minutes ago, Mutton said:

Surprising, with how many rumor sources insisted there would be some kind of wolf cavalry unit. Maybe they just saw an Underworlds or Warcry warband or something.

I think that rumour got distorted from the kruleboyz being described as “like lotr wargriders” and also that one mounted boss.

55 minutes ago, jhamslam said:

Well it doesnt help that theres 2 heads for AOS
A fun narrative chill guy

and a former playtester WAAC guy who sneaks in broken stuff as long as hes having fun

Ah yes bin guy and sin guy.

I live on fear of bin guy writing the next idoneth book.

• Confused 1

25 minutes ago, PrimeElectrid said:

Usual 🧂 applies for warcom Facebook responses but this could well be it for the kruleboyz.

image.png.d9bcefd8920a3dfbeee2d4f1b339590a.png

It's funny because they didn't even say the same thing in a comment with the same question just after this one.IMG_20210727_130031.jpg.5d98483d910a415683d1f8533a675432.jpg

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Mutton said:

Surprising, with how many rumor sources insisted there would be some kind of wolf cavalry unit. Maybe they just saw an Underworlds or Warcry warband or something.

Rumors could be leaks out of the design studio, where who knows how many minis have already been designed. 

The Best way to predict what GW will do is look at the recent examples. they always have a formula, and it evolves but you can get a good idea looking at the last two "completely new range" releases... Battle Sisters and Lumineth. Both had an initial wave, and then a second wave some months or even a year later (and in both cases a new Book, right after the previous one...). To some extent i would say Slaneesh was similar, two waves and two books in less than two years. 

Based on the pictures they showed, the fact that they're digging into battletomes, and this comment from the warcom team, Hopefully we're all on the same page now that this was the extent of the SCE/KB releases (for this battletome)

1 hour ago, Neverchosen said:

Not to take away from sea serpents and their prevalence, but the Kraken, Akkorokamui, Hydra and the Lusca would all like a word with you! In fact unnamed giant cephalopods are a staple of countless myths and sea faring traditions, the only reason that they may not seem mythological is simply because they ended up being real! The obsession with giant cephalopods has not waned in contemporary pop culture, ranging from Jules Verne and Lovecraft to Pirates of the Caribbean and Harry Potter, people have always had an absurd interest in the somewhat alien appeal of these underwater invertebrates.

main-qimg-588daea925d271c608330d9f33a8d5

I stands corrected and accept giant octopus as a well-established mythical creature; I'd happily paint both of them.

33 minutes ago, HollowHills said:

Ah yes bin guy and sin guy.

I live on fear of bin guy writing the next idoneth book.

its worse than you think, sin guy actively sneaks in broken stuff so he can abuse it next tournament. He did it at Sheffield Slaughter

1 hour ago, jhamslam said:

Well it doesnt help that theres 2 heads for AOS
A fun narrative chill guy

and a former playtester WAAC guy who sneaks in broken stuff as long as hes having fun

The guy that has you roll a die to potentially get a buff...

And the guy that gives you three buffs for free.

The guy who thinks +1 Bravery is good...

And the guy that wrote the Cathallar.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

53 minutes ago, PrimeElectrid said:

Usual 🧂 applies for warcom Facebook responses but this could well be it for the kruleboyz.

image.png.d9bcefd8920a3dfbeee2d4f1b339590a.png

The sculpts for the Kruelboyz are very well done, but I was hoping to see at least another troop choice, or the rumored calvary unit; the model range is extremely monster-heavy. While a centerpiece monster or two is nice, when there are at least five monsters-esq. units and only 2 troops, it feels burdensome. 

12 minutes ago, AngryPanda said:

The sculpts for the Kruelboyz are very well done, but I was hoping to see at least another troop choice, or the rumored calvary unit; the model range is extremely monster-heavy. While a centerpiece monster or two is nice, when there are at least five monsters-esq. units and only 2 troops, it feels burdensome. 

Perhaps that's why it is not its own faction. I get that it the other troops have a different aesthetic. I mean I am going pure Kruelboyz myself, but you do have to be reasonable in how many new kits you expect them to put out!  

From a Warclans perspective, they got what they needed. There was already plenty of dudes on foot. There's already 2 calvary units. They needed support models, wizards, ranged, artillery, monsters. 

• Like 2

The Sin Guy you are referring to doesn't write the rules. Ben Johnson is a Product Developer. The rules are/were written by Jervis Johnson, Sam Pearson and Luis Aguilar (I think that's the right spelling). As the only genuinely competitive player in the studio as far as I'm aware, Ben's influence has pretty much all been for the good. 

The  actual Sin Guy is probably Jervis. He definitely wrote the Gristlegore rules and the Skaven Vortex. Sam wrote cities and I think Luis wrote Slaves to Darkness. I'm not sure who wrote Lumineth. 

I also think that with just three of them, there's a certain amount of collaboration on everything. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Chikout said:

The  actual Sin Guy is probably Jervis. He definitely wrote the Gristlegore rules and the Skaven Vortex. Sam wrote cities and I think Luis wrote Slaves to Darkness. I'm not sure who wrote Lumineth. 

According to playtesters, JJ wrote both Slaanesh books - considering one is seen as 'sin guy' and one is 'bin guy', I'd say it relies less on the person writing it and more on outside factors like time constraints and reception to past books. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, AngryPanda said:

Too many leaders and not enough "core role" army units. Surprised there was not a single non mounted beast 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Blood0Tiger said:

Too many leaders and not enough "core role" army units. Surprised there was not a single non mounted beast 

That would appear to be the new meta though.

Core units were important in AOS 2 because objectives were everything and only numbers could hold them. Neither is now true.

Theres also masses of advantages to heroes and monsters there wern't in the previous edition, and there's also now the means to get back core troops you've lost for all factions that didnt exist for most. 

So the ratio of core troops to beasties and bosses feels in keeping with the intent of 3rd edition, which makes sense for the first new releases.

57 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

I'd be surprised if Kruelboyz didn't front the next Underworlds season, which might be what's being vaguely alluded to.

Yeah I'm expecting Kruelboyz to be in the next Season for sure.

The last Season had 2 Order, 2 Death and 1 Chaos and 1 Destruction Warband. I'm hoping with it being the Era of the Beast we will see that change to 2 Destruction, 2 Chaos and 1 Order and 1 Death. 

FEC/Nighthaunt for Death.

Khorne and Skaven for Chaos.

Dawnbringer/Grugnis Duardin for Order.

Kruelboyz and Ogor Gluttons for Destruction.

20 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

Yeah I'm expecting Kruelboyz to be in the next Season for sure.

The last Season had 2 Order, 2 Death and 1 Chaos and 1 Destruction Warband. I'm hoping with it being the Era of the Beast we will see that change to 2 Destruction, 2 Chaos and 1 Order and 1 Death. 

FEC/Nighthaunt for Death.

Khorne and Skaven for Chaos.

Dawnbringer/Grugnis Duardin for Order.

Kruelboyz and Ogor Gluttons for Destruction.

Last Season had 3 Order, 2 Death, 2 Chaos and 1 Destruction. You forgot the boxed warbands. :)

We're changing the Realm and we are leaving Ghur so I expect less importance of Destruction.

I expect 3 Order, 2 Chaos, 1 Death and 2 Destruction.

• Thanks 1

I think having lots of different heroes and fewer units has been characteristic of quite a few AoS factions since the start, even if it’s more of a deal in 3.0. Look at Fyreslayers or Idoneth.

If anything the Kruleboys might be better off in that e.g. an Snatcherboss on Sludgeraker presumably fills a very different role to a Killaboss on vulture or a Breakaboss on swamp troll. These are likely to be more distinct than two foot heroes with slightly different buffing auras and probably having heroes riding monsters is no bad thing in 3.0. I do get how it could be a little annoying to have most of the monsters tied to heroes though. 

Also I guess this shows that the cultural divisions mentioned in the Dominion booklet - the slaver tribes, the scrap builders, the beast tamers - are more like parts of the army in the same fashion as Lumineth vanari/stone dudes/wind dudes than actual subfactions.

32 minutes ago, Nos said:

That would appear to be the new meta though.

Core units were important in AOS 2 because objectives were everything and only numbers could hold them. Neither is now true.

Theres also masses of advantages to heroes and monsters there wern't in the previous edition, and there's also now the means to get back core troops you've lost for all factions that didnt exist for most. 

So the ratio of core troops to beasties and bosses feels in keeping with the intent of 3rd edition, which makes sense for the first new releases.

Doesn't make sense for a new army and first wave models especially to get this many heroes. Argument could be strong to defend this many, but you likely will be using the same few heroes. Battalions also have requirements and some are more skewed. Even 3.0 hero hammering has its limits. Not like we have the best defense for them. 

8 minutes ago, Blood0Tiger said:

Doesn't make sense for a new army and first wave models especially to get this many heroes. Argument could be strong to defend this many, but you likely will be using the same few heroes. Battalions also have requirements and some are more skewed. Even 3.0 hero hammering has its limits. Not like we have the best defense for them. 

Why dosent it? For AOS 2 it wouldnt.

As I said though, for AOS 3, it makes plenty sense 

• Confused 1