The Rumour Thread

7 minutes ago, Aeryenn said:

You know it's like with Gordrakk and his stupid nickname cabbage. Everyone used to repeat it over and over again. I don't see Gordrakk anymore. The first thing that comes to my mind when I see him is cabbage. Not that he reminds me of one but because people repeated that beyond anything. It for sure ruined my feeling of the model. Yeah, i get it that for someone out might be funny and so on. Glad I don't have to play Gordrakk.

This post was ghost-written by Gordrakk or his mount

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

45 minutes ago, sandlemad said:

I was trying not to say it but yep, there's a particular visual style going on with Krondys. A 'burly jock anthro-dragon in the gym locker room, catching your eye, smirking and wandering over' style. Godspeed for the folks who are into it.

822020719_Screenshot2021-07-26at18_43_03.png.5df786084fcb1e992bec861edf4d46a9.png

*notices your 2+ save* owo what's this?

Jokes aside, these guys remind me more of DnD Dragonborn as far as their faces go. Which, I think, is what a lot of people currently expect as a look for intelligent dragons.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Aeryenn said:

You know it's like with Gordrakk and his stupid nickname cabbage. Everyone used to repeat it over and over again. I don't see Gordrakk anymore. The first thing that comes to my mind when I see him is cabbage. Not that he reminds me of one but because people repeated that beyond anything. It for sure ruined my feeling of the model. Yeah, i get it that for someone out might be funny and so on. Glad I don't have to play Gordrakk.

The generic mawcrusha is also called a cabbage and yet you see plenty of them on the table. Might have more to do with their rules than funny nicknames imho

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The dragons look huge, and the sculpts are pretty cool, but it I couldn’t stop myself from laughing during the trailer; the voice acting and lack of facial animation reminded me too much of The Frog King’s court from South Park: 

7A3C7756-B48B-4870-AB4E-299A4528CEE7.jpeg

Edited by AngryPanda
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, Beliman said:

I think that both dragons are good. A bit caroon-ish but still, really good overall. Of course, if your thing is realism, this dragons will not be your cup of tee.

Here are some GW/Citadel dragons heads (I ignored some of the old ones like Galrauch or Engrim Van Hortsmann):

Warhammer_Dragons.jpg.b96656e1b2bf0e5a4ea4272aad45c43c.jpg

better%final.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 20

53 minutes ago, sandlemad said:

I was trying not to say it but yep, there's a particular visual style going on with Krondys. A 'burly jock anthro-dragon in the gym locker room, catching your eye, smirking and wandering over' style. Godspeed for the folks who are into it.

822020719_Screenshot2021-07-26at18_43_03.png.5df786084fcb1e992bec861edf4d46a9.png

There are some very funny (and weird) 40k videos for that... search for flashgitz at youtube. But be warned, it's definitely not for children.

4 minutes ago, Marcvs said:

The generic mawcrusha is also called a cabbage and yet you see plenty of them on the table. Might have more to do with their rules than funny nicknames imho

I use them both in my Ironjawz army, and use the actual names given to them by the creative folks who work hard to bring us awesome stuff with which to play games and stimulate our imaginations as we immerse ourselves in a super fun fantasy world.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

29 minutes ago, Scurvydog said:

But hot damn are they dragging this Stormcast/Kruleboyz realease out looooong, sneak peak of 1 thing every week and we still do not have any idea exactly how big the release is going to be, not even an actual battletome announcement or look at the cover, it is a super strange way to market this. Customers have no idea what to really expect, it is just so random and odd, 2 big new dragons revealed and the book is not even really announced? 

You missed the battletome announcement/cover:
https://www.warhammer-community.com/2021/07/03/warhammer-preview-online-dominion-celebration/
And i suspect this was the "grand finale" since the only thing they eluded to in the future was:
"Check back with Warhammer Community in future as we take a closer look at the Draconith princes and their place in the upcoming Stormcast Eternals battletome"

So basically it seems like the next AoS articles will start to go into battletome previews. 

I would love to be a fly on the wall to hear the how these releases are planned, as it is an absolute mystery to me.

Pandemic, Brexit, etc. 

But also, mystery is kind of the point. They want you to be focused on what they are releasing right now, not saving your money for a thing you know is coming out in 87 days. I am sure there are multiple bean counters at GW studying data that we don't have access to and determining exactly the best way to get you to buy as many things as possible.. and you understanding that system is not part of their plans!

40 minutes ago, Scurvydog said:

But hot damn are they dragging this Stormcast/Kruleboyz realease out looooong, sneak peak of 1 thing every week and we still do not have any idea exactly how big the release is going to be, not even an actual battletome announcement or look at the cover, it is a super strange way to market this. Customers have no idea what to really expect, it is just so random and odd, 2 big new dragons revealed and the book is not even really announced? I would love to be a fly on the wall to hear the how these releases are planned, as it is an absolute mystery to me.

their release planning right now probably sounds like a lot of hyperventilating and existential blank stares after covid and brexit tag teamed the entire company. It's definitely annoying, but I don't really blame them. I do hope their normal pace of reveals and releases comes back at some point though.

9 minutes ago, Sleboda said:

I use them both in my Ironjawz army, and use the actual names given to them by the creative folks who work hard to bring us awesome stuff with which to play games and stimulate our imaginations as we immerse ourselves in a super fun fantasy world.

I am reassured that the fact that other people use their imagination to come up with funny nicknames hasn't stopped you from buying and enjoying your models in the way which you prefer

• Like 8

2 hours ago, sandlemad said:

Good catch, that does look a bit like what you'd get if you were hit by lightning. We know these brothers fought the dragon ogres in ancient times and they're pretty adept at summoning storms, electricity, bolts from heaven. Could be that.

Or... it could be a sign of why Karazai is wandering the realm of beasts while his brother holds court in High Azyr at Sigmar's right hand. Maybe there was a disagreement with the God King, things came to harsh words, then fisticuffs, then lightning bolts.

Yep, I did consider it might have been his brother himself too, don’t they breathe lightening?

It’d be cool if it was a nod to maybe a new Shaggoth incoming but I think it’s probably most likely Sigmar related.

Looking forward to finding out regardless.

12 minutes ago, ArkanautDadmiral said:

Yep, I did consider it might have been his brother himself too, don’t they breathe lightening?

It’d be cool if it was a nod to maybe a new Shaggoth incoming but I think it’s probably most likely Sigmar related.

My current head cannon is that Sigmar gave him a bonk on the head for being a naughty boy!

I'm just happy that now my favourite GW dragon is now actually a dragon and not, well, a big shouty bat.

• Like 1

A lot of the criticism seems to be coming regarding the face, which I completely get.  However it's the wings that I don't understand.   Is he waving?   Why is one folded up, but the other extended?   It looks so awkward.  A little symmetry would have gone a long way, IMO. 

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Marcvs said:

I am reassured that the fact that other people use their imagination to come up with funny nicknames hasn't stopped you from buying and enjoying your models in the way which you prefer

I'm all for individual creativity.

I'm also all for giving respect to those who have created for us.

There is a very popular YouTube host who is a top content creator in the hobby community. What he has contributed can't be dismissed. I like him. I watch him. I look forward to each video he makes, even the ones where he has opinions with which I disagree. Disagreement is good! It exposes people to new ideas and views. Good stuff.

The one thing he does that just seems insanely at odds with everything else about him is how casually he disrespects the works of others ... especially since he recently became a published author of gaming materials himself!

To use an anonymized example: He often refers to one particular game as Bat Hankie Fast Face simply because he never bothered to learn the game's name. I strongly suspect it would bother him if another highly popular outlet referred to his work as Beat 'Em Up Power Punch when its real name was Warrior Lord Arena.

It just baffles me that folks are so willing to look at something that they love, something that was the output of hard work by the person or team who made it, and then mock it, disrespect it, and minimize the efforts of those who made it. It's a real headscratcher for me.

I mean, isn't that something we do to things we hate? I call the Baltimore Ravens the Bawlmer Raisins precisely because I want to publicly degenerate them, not because I think it's a cute name for something I love.

When we call a Maw-krusha a cabbage, there is nothing about that that's endearing. It's pure mockery, and that just seems weird for us to do with something we enjoy.

Edited by Gaz Taylor
Offensive comment removed
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 17

So I did not see the video until now and the dragons are much smaller than I had initially assumed, does anyone have an idea of their base size or the relative size between these dragons and a Stardrake in relationship to a Vindicator?

I was initially concerned that these were in the scale of Smaug or the Khorne Dragon. Now I am thinking they will be somewhat more in line with the price and scale of other big models.

24 minutes ago, Neverchosen said:

So I did not see the video until now and the dragons are much smaller than I had initially assumed, does anyone have an idea of their base size or the relative size between these dragons and a Stardrake in relationship to a Vindicator?

I was initially concerned that these were in the scale of Smaug or the Khorne Dragon. Now I am thinking they will be somewhat more in line with the price and scale of other big models.

My guess is similar to a mega gargant

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Sleboda said:

It just baffles me that folks are so willing to look at something that they love, something that was the output of hard work by the person or team who made it, and then mock it, disrespect it, and minimize the efforts of those who made it. It's a real headscratcher for me.

[...]

When we call a Maw-krusha a cabbage, there is nothing about that that's endearing. It's pure mockery, and that just seems weird for us to do with something we enjoy.

Ok, so we just disagree on what is "affectionate" and what is offensive. We also disagree about how memes, jokes, nicknames and the like are part of what makes a product circulate.

That being said, and concerning you point about the "work by the person or team who made it" I think you got an important aspect here: IF we had to consider the person/team behind the creation I think many would be less inclined to deploy the most scorched earth crtitiques. However, due a deliberate choice of the very successful company that sells this product, we do not know who are the artists and creators behind the art. So we don't feel we're criticising any specific person (who might be offended) but a faceless company (who, by definition, can't and will gladly take our money whether we want to use the dragons for a Lion King diorama or for a Very Serious Game).

Incidentally, having just today read a very depressing topic on the salaries awarded to the people who bring to us the game we love, I think there are more insulting things that seing something, which was already (unironically?) called a Maw Krusha, being labelled as a "cabbage" (btw, I always considered this to fall into the "cute" category). Bit of whataboutism here, I know, apologies for that.

Edited by Marcvs
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, wargames101 said:

I'm trying to map out what releases remain through the year's end based on what we know so far. Here's what I can recollect, with some dates being pure speculation.

August

+ Sisters of Battle finale
+ KillTeam starter
+ Thousand Sons/GK dual box
+ Stormcast/Orruk Battletomes

September

+ Stormcast/Kruleboyz releases
+ Ork Codex/Combat Patrol/model wave
+ Beast Snagga general release

October

+ Aeronautica Imerialis: Wrath of Angels/Thunderhawk
+ Chaos Battletome

November

+ Black Templars release

December

+ Battleforces

Did I miss any confirmed products?

Summary:

The next two months seem absolutely packed. Unless they double up some weeks, it seems likely that the Aug/Sep releases will bleed into October.

Beyond the things we know about, there are some logical products we can expect:

- Battletome releases/Combat Patrol Equivalents
- Codex releases/Combat Patrols
- Rumored 30K Starter Box

New Underworlds season

- Rumored AoS Dual Box (GSG vs. BoC)
- Kill Team: They're presumably going to release the rules, and potentially, other teams.
- Necromunda/Bloodbowl/Titanicus/WarCry will all presumably get something.

So somewhere between 4-6 open release weeks not accounted for. Any thoughts on what might fill them? Given the large Stormcast/Kruleboyz releases, seems like remaining time will be 40K focused, but perhaps not?

Fantastic list here mate!! Personally I cannot wait to see the next Season of Underworlds and which Warbands will be joining the fight.

2 hours ago, Neverchosen said:

Umm... if we get Firbellies as a playable faction this is an ideal way to get a themed Frostlord into the faction. Personally I think that I will run my dragon as a proxy for Archaon for Slaves to Darkness, Kragnos for my BCR and as themselves for my SCE. I also assume it will occasionally dress up as a greater demon from time to time.  

I know that these proxies will not be accepted by everyone but with my paltry budget and in my friendly games it will open all of my armies up for some really fun alternate lists and give me my dream of finally owning a GW dragon*. 

*Coldone Knights and Dragon Ogres were the closest I had growing up and I loved them all. I guess the Cold one Knight Champion had a cute little dragon perched on their arm. 😁

Oh sweet Behemat the possibilities if we get Firebellies are limitless!! That has me so hyped!!

1 hour ago, ArkanautDadmiral said:

This has given me massive vibes of an upcoming Shaggoth release!!

2 hours ago, Deakz28 said:

Ah no, looks like the FW Khorne dragon is “sold out no longer available”, literally had a cracking conversion in mind, and I think when FW does this it typically means it’s gone for good :( 

Thanks for the last chance to buy heads up FW.

Thanks..

As it is, they've thinned that AoS range right down.  My feeling is that by the year end only the greater daemons will remain as they'll be 40k and heresy compatible as well.

@Sleboda I think it's really gross that you make such a big deal about the respect that miniatures and their designers deserve and then go out of your way to make light of a Maori man's name in an ugly, racist fashion because he did not offer previous Marvel movies sufficient respect.

It is no different to insulting a Chinese person by saying their name is 'Ching Chong' or something equally vile, and you're doing it because someone on a forum lightheartedly referred to a wyvern model as a cabbage. I don't know why you think this is ok, or a proportionate reaction, or any way relevant to your position.

Stop doing that please, it's really unpleasant.

Edited by sandlemad
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 35

Lmfao of course the Fun Police hated Thor Ragnorok, the most popular and successful of the Thor movies 😂

I’ve literally encountered one person on the whole internet that hates that movie and now I’m convinced they’re the same person.

Edited by PrimeElectrid
  • Like 7
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Neverchosen said:

Khorne dragon was way too awesome for AoS so it seems.  RIP choppy dude.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, sorokyl said:

You missed the battletome announcement/cover:
https://www.warhammer-community.com/2021/07/03/warhammer-preview-online-dominion-celebration/
And i suspect this was the "grand finale" since the only thing they eluded to in the future was:
"Check back with Warhammer Community in future as we take a closer look at the Draconith princes and their place in the upcoming Stormcast Eternals battletome"

So basically it seems like the next AoS articles will start to go into battletome previews. 

Depend, there could actually be more stuff yet reveal since the Kruleboyz harpoon RE has not been solved yet and there a different Killaboss variant on the cover of the tome.

also SCE usually get a monsterous Cav unit in all their releases