The Rumour Thread

31 minutes ago, Warboss Gorbolg said:

Really cool models. My only quibble is that I still think that armor and dragons just doesn't look quite right.

not this side of a solamnic knight or dragon highlord anyway.

For me Larry Elmore and Clyde caldwell are the undisputed kings of how a dragon should look.

• Like 2

I do not like the dragons, they are a bit too "chunky" for my taste. That said, I haven't liked any of the many dragons released over time by GW. Hopefully enough people like them to encourage them to keep trying.

That said, I'd very much prefer more gryphons and the like, in the leaner style of past (do not like chunky monsters, as I said).

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Kaleb Daark said:

not this side of a solamnic knight or dragon highlord anyway.

For me Larry Elmore and Clyde caldwell are the undisputed kings of how a dragon should look.

Absolutely, this. I grew up on this and I just can bring myself to like this current iteration.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Loyal Son of Khemri said:

You’re asking for a grudge mate. I mean, I understand the temptation, but all out rejecting our great bullheaded overlord? Shameful.

You're right, what was I thinking? Here, have this as a peace offering while I prostrate myself in front of the Sorcerer-Priests and beg for forgiveness.

Polish_20210726_193000189.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 15
  • LOVE IT! 1

2 minutes ago, Whitefang said:

They are both special, though

xD Okay, the one that doesn't smirk like Pete's dragon.

Different paintjob might also help - at least this means there is hope for a Chaos dragon sooner or later. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, MitGas said:

xD Okay, the one that doesn't smirk like Pete's dragon.

Different paintjob might also help - at least this means there is hope for a Chaos dragon sooner or later. 

2 minutes ago, drcrater said:

Let's pray the Dark Gods that these dragons open the possibility for a badass double-headed chaos dragon in the future, they truly look awesome.

The power of green stuff and a good hobby knife.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, drcrater said:

Let's pray the Dark Gods that these dragons open the possibility for a badass double-headed chaos dragon in the future, they truly look awesome.

Not that I know anything but I believe it's quite safe to assume that one day chaos dragons will make a return.... and if not, I'll build my own out of this kit.... with blackjack and hooke... nah, I'm not gonna indulge Slaanesh. With blackjack and nerd stuff! Can't make Tzeentch angry or I'll get chicken legs.

5 minutes ago, drcrater said:

yes, and looking as brutal as the khorne dragon, and not that inside out covered in eyeballs rubbish that's been going on.

Edited by Kaleb Daark

1 minute ago, Kaleb Daark said:

yes, and looking as brutal as the khorne dragon, and not that inside out covered in eyeballs rubbish that's been going on.

As a fan of Carpenter's The Thing, I'd be quite okay with the eyeball rubbish thingy actually. But a classic CD (DRAGON, NOT DWARF, DON'T SUCK ME INTO THAT DISCUSSION, YOU LUNATICS) like Baudros would be great too. 

1 minute ago, MitGas said:

As a fan of Carpenter's The Thing, I'd be quite okay with the eyeball rubbish thingy actually. But a classic CD (DRAGON, NOT DWARF, DON'T SUCK ME INTO THAT DISCUSSION, YOU LUNATICS) like Baudros would be great too. 

inside out dragon with a big hat worshipping fire doesn't count unless it's a Kdaai Destroyer...

I'm liking the thing vibe, but that can be a tzeentch expansion pack, as can the size zero supermodel snake hip slaanesh dragon with high cheekbones.  Nurgle dragon can have a belly mouth and guts add on, but the khorne dragon must be proper as a proper thing on st Propermas day.  And not inside out.

22 minutes ago, Christopher Rowe said:

Off the topic of dragons for a moment. The FAQ/errata for the Core Rules seems to have disappeared from the Warhammer Community site. Anybody have insight into that?

Could mean the post-release errata is coming. Nothing on the other languages yet (which is what usually happens when something has gone screwy).

• Like 1

I know the art is usually based on the miniatures and not vice versa, but in this case the art was already established... Personally would have been more happy with something like this. If this is daddy I guess mama was a dwarf or something. image.png.5df226545e363504a3c21ccd5be83d14.png

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

30 minutes ago, MitGas said:

The face of the generic dragon looks frikkin stupid unfortunatley. Well, at least the dragon won't be able to make fun of Kragnos' face. The special dragon does have potential though.

they are both named dragons though?

1 minute ago, Enoby said:

I think the two dragons are neat, though I would have much preferred a generic option thrown in there too - named characters are awesome, but being able to make your own is more important imo :) 

It is a bit of a missed opportunity. GW are bigging up these two as the reclusive last of their nearly-extinct kind so it's clearly a deliberate choice in the background but calling them "the two best known of the bare handful of surviving draconith" probably wouldn't have hurt.

It would have meant they could throw in a generic warscroll and open things up to a wider range of people. Something like how Sons of Behemat can slot into every faction (though admittedly they use special characters for that as well).

• Like 1