The Rumour Thread

4 minutes ago, sorokyl said:

Wow that blue one is so ugly. What is up with all the derpy face Order monsters when everyone else gets such great stuff? Tauralon, then Celennar (Teclis), now this. 

And the body is so weird and disproportionate.  Can it even fly? Why are its fore arms so much bigger than its wing muscles?? 

image.png

Because dragons aren’t actually real 

• Like 4
  • Haha 12

6 hours ago, ArkanautDadmiral said:GW are just making too much good stuff right now.

I’m excited for the drakes later but maybe it’ll be a good thing if it puts me off doing SCE haha.

Haha I spoke too soon… 

Not a big fan on first impression, a head swap would have fixed it for me but doesn’t feel right on a named character.

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, PrimeElectrid said:

The blurb is interesting as the first one is part of the formal alliance with Sigmar but the second one suggests he’s off on his own. I wonder if he’ll be an ally for any order army?

It would be a smart move to leave one of them open for any order faction. Would help the factions without monsters and a cool dragon model is always tempting even you already have some monsters!

4 minutes ago, PJetski said:

Now show me the stormcast drake cavalry

I doubt we gonna get anything else after those two centerpieces for each faction. Unless they announce a sneak reveal or a article on a random day with more models, they don't even talk about more models in those articles.

A pleasant surprise that they're intelligent dragons on their own, no riders. Makes them less of a pseudo-replacement for Stardrakes, which is nice to see. Probably they're the kind of thing that can be allied into other Order forces easily enough. Either way, leaving them relatively uncluttered is a good call and will make them handy things to convert for pretty much any faction.

This does explain why BR: Kragnos goes out of its way to mention two specific princes of the Draconith, which did stand out a bit. Good that they have their own respective personalities too.

Interesting look, they're very firmly post-Dragonheart dragons. Four legs, influence of dinosaur paleoart on the head, not particularly serpentine, very muscular, rearing up all majestic-like. The Spyro comparison is a good one, Krondys definitely has a sort of benevolent/non-threatening gaze.

Overall not entirely my jam but for folks who really like dragons and specifically a certain kind of dragon, this is good stuff.

Edited by sandlemad
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, PrimeElectrid said:

Because dragons aren’t actually real 

Neither are Daemons, Orcs, or Squigs, but that doesn't keep GW from sculpting in a way that typically makes sense to us and how we expect to see creatures shaped based on animal evolution and the laws of gravity... 

Looks like he's been bench-pressing since the age of myth. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

15 minutes ago, Chikout said:

Here you go!LNAyvBkjhNgWvLFi.jpg.1f596dc6de2f7f0562a850fa59fe2126.jpg1K4vXOyImqHIfdJ6.jpg.19da79e47b7869fdc31a4dbd6a395160.jpg

They look awesome but not not what I was expecting. No riders!

takes off my 'Hobgrots for Hashut' hat

Chaos, what Chaos? I've always been a loyal Sigmarite!

puts on a new one with the text 'Seeking a DILF'

See? 'Seeking a Dracothion I'd Love to Fly'! Would a Chaos follower do that? I don't think so!

4 minutes ago, Baron Klatz said:

Love the Spyro energy from them. Hopefully the future Covenant Chamber builds on exotic Stormcast allies.

Now that you mention it they do remind me of classic Spyro dragons - brb going to paint one purple.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 12

9 minutes ago, HorticulusTGA said:

Well... Aren't they a bit small ? And no riders ? I guess that's a bit sad, or strange ?

Also, the Hexfire box confirms most of those 4chan rumors were - again - false... But then Grimdark live tends to back some of it (the BOC range update) ?? 

I'm really confused by those two news I confess :P

They aren't small. In fact I'd say they're pretty enormous. Screenshot_20210727-001839.png.9acd173ab1f1b31a8cb670ffe7df671b.png

• Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

6 minutes ago, HCMistborn said:

Krondys reminds me of Draco from Dragonheart in face and personality. Love it!

Couldn't have said it better myself. I absolutely love the design but I honestly didn't expect it. Looking at those designs is giving me nostalgia and I love it. 

Now.... 

I don't suppose this will be the last we hear of the Draconith race? 

• Like 3
  • LOVE IT! 1

1 minute ago, Chikout said:

They aren't small. In fact I'd say they're pretty enormous. Screenshot_20210727-001839.png.9acd173ab1f1b31a8cb670ffe7df671b.png

They are clearly smaller and leaner than the current Star drakes, so no they aren't enormous. 

For the big boss of their races (Star drakes are only cousin I know), that's ridiculously small...

• Confused 3

I have been a liker (not lover) of dragon models for 30+ years, but so very rarely have their aesthetics been to my exact liking.  The last one that was was the GW Red Dragon (shown here) that celebrated some sort of anniversary of TSR. I think that was about 25 years or so ago. Maybe more. Most of the time they are too  serpentine, too 'beastie', too ... whatevs. They are just off somehow.

This glorious creature is perfection. It blows the TSR one away. The proportions, the pose, the regal demeanor without over the top arrogance, the intelligence while still maintaining the ferocity and strength... just fuh-reaking nailed it 100%. 

I'm sure I will get one for my Most Holy and Sacred Order of the Knights of the Jade Griffon Stormcast/Cities army, but if they give me any excuse to add to other armies, I will be getting at least one for each. Hot damn, this is an amazing model - and anyone who says even a minor word to the contrary is clearly both a crazed lunatic and a Cleveland Browns fan (redundant, I suppose). :)

This is draconic perfection.

Edit:

BTW, I really, really like the Sons models, but felt that, even though I could afford them, $195 was just too much to ask for what I was getting. (I've since picked up four at $145 each, which is more l in line with my expectations.) 

These dragons will be, I'm going to guess, $235* each, and I will gladly buy a minimum of two.

* I recently read on this forum (no memory of who posted, sorry) that if you are guessing the price of a new big GW release, make your guess and add $50, so I suppose these will be $285 each ... and I'll still get them.

Edit Edit:

Added the picture (credit to Stuff of Legends) of what was once considered, by GW, to be the pinnacle of plastic dragon tech. It was from the Talisman Dragon expansion and got used for several other kits afterward, including Malekith, if memory serves.

It was curvy and goofy and bad and awful and everything silly about dragons. My goodness is the new one a leap forward.

TSRdragon.jpg

TalD.jpg

Edited by Sleboda
  • Like 9

3 minutes ago, HorticulusTGA said:

They are clearly smaller and leaner than the current Star drakes, so no they aren't enormous. 

For the big boss of their races (Star drakes are only cousin I know), that's ridiculously small...

May be skinnier but I think the wingspan of the model is bigger. And the same base size as a Gargant? 

Not what I expected, I was assuming we would get a mounted smaller drake.

That said, I do think they are amazing, and stack up well next to Dragons from other companies, i.e. WizKids and Mantic. In fact, I suspect GW just wanted to make THE dragon kit, something that has been missing from their warhammer line for a long time (although they did ace it with Smaug). 

Wonder if generic younger ones will follow, given how the Sepharon are raising an army of them in a pocket dimension .,..

• Like 2