The Rumour Thread

1 hour ago, Sleboda said:

I fully expect this to be the case.

Well, locking more essential information behind a paywall in a pretty competitive and complex tabletop game is definetly a direction I would not like a GW to take. All rules related information should have been free by default for a long time already.

Honestly, if they want to sell people warscrolls and rules that badly, there are alternatives. Star wars Legion for example gives everything rule related completely free ( rules are not quite robust though), but you do have to buy official cards for abilities, equipment and other upgrades though. And they at least are quite helpful for tracking down your unit status and which things you have used.

• Thanks 6

I agree with a lot of points raised here.

To me it feels like GW has never changed at its core, it just managed to put up a facade for a few years. However it starts to show its true form again - A hyper capitalist company from the 80s that couldn’t give much of a damn about its fanbase.

And around in circles we go.

Anyways I am sure they‘ll move as much rules as they can behind a paywall, it’s GW afterall. Why become a modern company when the old ways taste so much better?

image.jpeg.d90799d74ab3cbf5984291d81a7b7edf.jpeg

Will the new Drake(s) be revealed today (Mon) or tomorrow (Thue)?

• Thanks 5

13 minutes ago, JackStreicher said:

To me it feels like GW has never changed at its core, it just managed to put up a facade for a few years. However it starts to show its true form again - A hyper capitalist company from the 80s that couldn’t give much of a damn about its fanbase.

Anyways I am sure they‘ll move as much rules as they can behind a paywall, it’s GW afterall. Why become a modern company when the old ways taste so much better?

To me it looks like a wet dream of H.P. Lovecraft. ;)

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Marius au said:

It seems that Underworlds is a bit of predictor for where the focus shifts (Shyish to Ghur), I would suspect/hope next would be the realm of Shadow.

For warbands I would like to see Kruelboyz, Stormcast, Dispossesed, Spiderfang, Mancrusher/Maneater, Unmbraneth, Eshin, Tzeentch (Ogrid Thematurge)

My guess is Ulgu as well as it is the least explored Realm so far and opens that doorway for Malerion.

I had completely forgotten we could have a Dispossessed Warband that would be amazing!! Maybe a prelude to the new Grugni Faction much like the Crimson Court Vamps were? I too would also love an updated Mancrusher or a Warband of Maneaters from different Realms and a Spiderfang Warband would be perfection. 

2 hours ago, JackStreicher said:

Last week the new models were shown on Monday, New Model Mondays are back!!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Marius au said:

It seems that Underworlds is a bit of predictor for where the focus shifts (Shyish to Ghur), I would suspect/hope next would be the realm of Shadow.

For warbands I would like to see Kruelboyz, Stormcast, Dispossesed, Spiderfang, Mancrusher/Maneater, Unmbraneth, Eshin, Tzeentch (Ogrid Thematurge)

I think Ulgu would be the bet to put money on, but I could also see Chamon  or Ghyran as possibilities.

I’d really like to start seeing Cities / Dawn Bringer Crusade war bands introduced in each realm so the artists can explore some of the aesthetics and cultures related to living in those realms.

Other than that I’d completely agree I’d like to see Duardin, Spiderfang and Eshin / Skyre.

2 minutes ago, ArkanautDadmiral said:

I think Ulgu would be the bet to put money on, but I could also see Chamon  or Ghyran as possibilities.

I’d really like to start seeing Cities / Dawn Bringer Crusade war bands introduced in each realm so the artists can explore some of the aesthetics and cultures related to living in those realms.

Other than that I’d completely agree I’d like to see Duardin, Spiderfang and Eshin / Skyre.

So the biggest thing I noticed in the new core book was the massively expanded section on Ulgu with map and description of Malerion's "Legions". I don't see how it won't be Ulgu with such an expansion in info, if you haven't I suggest giving that section a good look over for some nice tidbits.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Malakye said:

So the biggest thing I noticed in the new core book was the massively expanded section on Ulgu with map and description of Malerion's "Legions". I don't see how it won't be Ulgu with such an expansion in info, if you haven't I suggest giving that section a good look over for some nice tidbits.

Oh yeah like I said my money would be on Ulgu. Part of me hopes Malerion is a bit further off though so I can get some other projects done first, because they’re likely going to be an insta buy haha.

GW are just making too much good stuff right now.

I’m excited for the drakes later but maybe it’ll be a good thing if it puts me off doing SCE haha.

25 minutes ago, Malakye said:

I'm pretty certain as well that it will be Ulgu.

29 minutes ago, ArkanautDadmiral said:

I'd hope we see Warbands from some Factions we have seen less of, Cities of Sigmar, Spiderfang, Gutbusters, Skaven clans and Sylvaneth.

On 7/23/2021 at 10:07 PM, EnumaEilish said:

The GW article on TOW has a date marked on it's calendar. It shows a 30 day month that starts on a Tuesday with the 23rd marked. The only days through 2025 that fulfil these criteria are November 23rd, 2022, and April 23rd, 2025, giving us an optimistic release date and a pessimistic one. Unless one is silly enough to believe that GW would just create a stock asset showing a general release date with no deeper meaning.

TOW Release Date.png

Only problem being... this is incorrect.

Looking for coming months that fit this scheme - i.e. 30 days, starting on a Wednesday - you end up with September 2021, June 2022, November 2023... stopping at October 2025. Not April!

While I do not believe for a second this September 23rd will be the release date, it might very well be the date of the next TOW preview - possibly including an actual release date.

June 2022 is pretty too soon in my opinion, it has one major benefit over November or October though: it is a "classical" release month. November in particular is pretty much impossible, since at that point GW has the Christmas bundle boxes up. October is not as unlikely, but would still be a bit odd. It would also be over four years away - while I am not the most optimistic person in general, I'm not that pessimistic here.

To be honest, I consider June 2022 not that unlikely all things considered. It fits as a "major product release slot" and also adds up with the "more than two years off" comment in the original announcement back in November 2019. With the other options being either too soon or unfitting for other reasons - and doubting that GW has dropped this bit without any meaning whatsoever - I guess we are in for either some major news this September or the games release next June.

Edited by Darnok
Fixing some mistakes!

2 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

I had completely forgotten we could have a Dispossessed Warband that would be amazing!! Maybe a prelude to the new Grugni Faction much like the Crimson Court Vamps were?

I would love this! New dwarfs would be ace and getting a sneak peek at how the new Grungni faction might look would be cracking!

• LOVE IT! 1

3 minutes ago, Sigmarusvult said:

I don't expect it to be all entirely true but the 1KSons vs Grey Knight box is a real thing now.   

But we've had very strong hints of that box set since Warhammer fest in May. That rumour is from June. 

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Sigmarusvult said:

I don't expect it to be all entirely true but the 1KSons vs Grey Knight box is a real thing now.   

I think they’re true. Obr archers could be a thing since we saw the model in direchasm. Also gloomspite vs beast of chaos box was confirmed by grimdark live.

Edited by baiardo

Yeah, that 'rumour' post came after we already knew about the 1k Sons vs GK boxed set, and after GW had let slip that the Infernal Master was coming due to the updated points list they released for 1k Sons. So far from showing 4chan getting it right, that now shows that the rumour in question was indeed fake, as the Grey Knights stuff isn't all new.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, baiardo said:

I think they’re true. Obr archers could be a thing since we saw the model in direchasm. Also gloomspite vs beast of chaos box was confirmed by grimdark live.

well no they said it was just a cold rumor and i think they just reiterate the same 4chan rumor we been hearing before. they didn't confirm it from any of their sources