The Rumour Thread

5 hours ago, Sowoky said:

Whfb was a good fit for the existing total war genre and engine. It's about strategically moving around big regiments. And the troops were pretty low fantasy for the most part. I mean sure reskin some armies as skeletons and some as orks, bit it's still just a bunch of infantry. 

AoS is about skirmishes, heroes, monsters, magic, and more out there fantasy. How do you put KO, or Idoneth, or SoB, etc?  

Even if they could sort it out, what's the point? It'd be nearly the same game just with AoS shoehorned in..Hard pass, but I do look forward to other genres of AoS games 

Actually AoS has had more massive battles than Old World. Heck the whole setting for the Age of Sigmar starts with vast legions of Stormcast marching to war. The only difference is that on tabletop Old World went rank and file style and AoS has gone free movement skirmish style. Both are grossly under-numbered for real armies and battles. TW fits for both styles and honestly they've done a fantastic job working monsters and heroes into their system. 

• Like 9

2 hours ago, Overread said:

Actually AoS has had more massive battles than Old World. Heck the whole setting for the Age of Sigmar starts with vast legions of Stormcast marching to war. The only difference is that on tabletop Old World went rank and file style and AoS has gone free movement skirmish style. Both are grossly under-numbered for real armies and battles. TW fits for both styles and honestly they've done a fantastic job working monsters and heroes into their system. 

TW gets a bit stale after a while imo.

I would prefer a DoW2 styled game for AoS

• Like 3
  • LOVE IT! 4

I've said it before and I'll say it again, the perfect game genre for AoS would be one of those musou/dynasty warriors things, a playable cast of flashy, over the top heroes ploughing through armies over fantastical battlefields seems like an ideal match.

• Like 18
  • LOVE IT! 6

46 minutes ago, Lucentia said:

I've said it before and I'll say it again, the perfect game genre for AoS would be one of those musou/dynasty warriors things, a playable cast of flashy, over the top heroes ploughing through armies over fantastical battlefields seems like an ideal match.

Being an old musou fan, i really approve this.
They could even uses big characters like Gotrek or Gordrakk.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Lucentia said:

I've always thought a souls like would be perfect, you already have an in universe reason for a stormcast to continue coming back over and over upon death. 

• Like 8
  • Confused 1

33 minutes ago, Mattrulesok said:

I've always thought a souls like would be perfect, you already have an in universe reason for a stormcast to continue coming back over and over upon death. 

Combine it with a nemesis system and it would be amazing

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Snorri Nelriksson said:

Being an old musou fan, i really approve this.
They could even uses big characters like Gotrek or Gordrakk.

Call it Age of Sigmar: Warriors and feature the most iconic humanoids from most of the grand alliances, with a loose campaign for each of the factions a la the Dynasty Warriors games.

• Like 3

Hopefully this evening we get an announcement for an Online Preview next weekend, during which they announce the title of the next Underworlds Season. 

Which Warbands do you think will be present? I think Kruelboyz are a safe bet. I'm hoping for some Kharadron and Skaven alongside Ogor Mawtribes or an updated Mancrusher model!!

• Like 1

Cities of Sigmar seems like a likely bet for an underworlds team.  Spiderfang grots, Gutbuster ogors, and most Skaven clans also haven't had one yet, as well as (obviously) Kruleboyz and Thunderstrike Stormcast.  And then there's outliers like Sons of Behemat or purely demonic chaos warbands which haven't been seen in Underworlds but also might not ever be due to either thematic or practical issues.

Presumably they'll also be changing realm again for this 5th season?  Seems a little strange to be leaving Ghur as AoS 3.0 kicks off, but it's always nice to see parts of other realms.

• Like 1

It'll be certainly very interesting to see the warbands, they might be good indicators about which factions get updates. I'd like to see a clan skryre, zombies/deadwalkers with a necromancer, umbraneth, cities of sigmar, grungni's dwarves and some form of demons, I'd like khorne ones. As an impossible pipe dream, silent ones warband. With kruleboyz and thunderstrike stormcast that would be a nice roster for this season. As a setting, I'd like ulgu, still a lot to discover there and I like shadowy, edgy stuff

56 minutes ago, ian0delond said:

Chaos Daemons are still left untouched in Underworld I believe. 

The Umbraneth can be a nice "surprise" one. 

Khainite Shadowstalkers are basically what Umbraneth were supposed to be. They were even called Umbraneth in an early preview, if I remember correctly.

2 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

Hopefully this evening we get an announcement for an Online Preview next weekend, during which they announce the title of the next Underworlds Season. 

Which Warbands do you think will be present? I think Kruelboyz are a safe bet. I'm hoping for some Kharadron and Skaven alongside Ogor Mawtribes or an updated Mancrusher model!!

They already unintentionally uploaded the next week announcement video yesterday and there wasn't any preview in there 

(Preorders are the missing 40k Sisters stuff and Necromunda)

So unless they change something no preview next weekend

• Sad 1

So I do not see any warscrolls for the new orders or dominion? Are they updating the warscrolls on the site or are free warscrolls going to be no longer available? 

I remember in 2.0 I think there were older Warscrolls for a period that took a while to update so I am still hopeful. 

4 hours ago, Lucentia said:

Cities of Sigmar seems like a likely bet for an underworlds team.  Spiderfang grots, Gutbuster ogors, and most Skaven clans also haven't had one yet, as well as (obviously) Kruleboyz and Thunderstrike Stormcast.  And then there's outliers like Sons of Behemat or purely demonic chaos warbands which haven't been seen in Underworlds but also might not ever be due to either thematic or practical issues.

Presumably they'll also be changing realm again for this 5th season?  Seems a little strange to be leaving Ghur as AoS 3.0 kicks off, but it's always nice to see parts of other realms.

I know in an earlier Season there was the Shadeglass Mad Gargant as an enemy in Underworlds, that's where I'm hoping they update the Mancrusher, though I could see Sons of Behemat being nearly impossible to do in Underworlds outside that.

Fingers crossed for Gutbusters to be a bunch of Maneaters from across the Realms!!

I find it odd as well that 3.0 is mainly in Ghur and Underworlds is leaving there potentially, or maybe it's that Underworlds are giving us a sneak peek at the next narrative location? Ulgu is barely explored at this point so perhaps that's where we are headed next.

• Like 1