The Rumour Thread

When Total War AoS arrives what they are going to do with old world? Because those players are the only base of money they can make, 9th players are known for spending the less possible and some old minis are impossible to buy through GW.

I still don’t know what they are trying to achieve with this.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

I hope Island of Blood is dead and gone and that in its wake GW will instead produce brand new sculpts. Instead of a single mortar weapon team, make a new weapon team set with multiple weapon options so that Skaven can have all variations in plastic. Island of Blood was a great set, but it was a twin set with sprue shared with High Elves and in the end whilst it added some much needed models its was limited in that they couldn't be sold on their own. 

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Neverchosen said:

Is there a preview this weekend? I don't see any indication and otherwise it has been a pretty light week for reveals. Remember on Monday when we got that Amazing Vulture and that cool Thousand Sons Sorcerer...  I was expecting that everyday. 😰

I mean the new Dale models are pretty dope and I am always happy for Middle Earth to get more love... and we got a new old timey space marine guy. But still I had high hopes each day for a new SCE centre piece... but instead we got shovel memes!

Never mind we got this article... all is forgiven
https://www.warhammer-community.com/2021/07/23/turn-duinclaw-into-the-ultimate-killer-crustacean-in-arena-mortis-with-these-cards/

We'll see the SCE centrepiece this Monday as they said at the the end of the vulture article this Monday past. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Rachmani said:

Are they out of print or something? I usually don’t follow Skaven stuff.

Yes, they ran it once as spire of dawn then dropped it. A real shame because it had new rat ogres, packmasters, warpfire thrower, mortar, and clawlord (which I like better than the one they made in 2015)

The GW article on TOW has a date marked on it's calendar. It shows a 30 day month that starts on a Tuesday with the 23rd marked. The only days through 2025 that fulfil these criteria are November 23rd, 2022, and April 23rd, 2025, giving us an optimistic release date and a pessimistic one. Unless one is silly enough to believe that GW would just create a stock asset showing a general release date with no deeper meaning.

TOW Release Date.png

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 20
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Ratboy genius said:

Yes, they ran it once as spire of dawn then dropped it. A real shame because it had new rat ogres, packmasters, warpfire thrower, mortar, and clawlord (which I like better than the one they made in 2015)

Wow, ok, I think I got two skaven halves of isle of blood collecting dust at my parents place. 
I simply didn’t know that there are Skaven players out there who might like them because GW didn’t really bring them back.

36 minutes ago, Rachmani said:

Wow, ok, I think I got two skaven halves of isle of blood collecting dust at my parents place. 
I simply didn’t know that there are Skaven players out there who might like them because GW didn’t really bring them back.

No, nobody wants them, i'll take them off your hands for you, they must be taking up a ton of space 😬

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, MitGas said:

I don't really understand what you're getting at. Sorry, might be a language barrier or I might've used the wrong words. I thought it came out in late 2022 or early 2023? Just saying that I think some minis will be cross-play. I could imagine that many S2D units and generic stuff like daemons will fall into that category.

If you read the article they basically said nothing is done yet and the game is a long way off, so I'm gonna go ahead and bet 2 years from now is not a realistic date at all, specially with the pandemic and stuff

Edited by Benkei

3 hours ago, Ragest said:

When Total War AoS arrives what they are going to do with old world? Because those players are the only base of money they can make, 9th players are known for spending the less possible and some old minis are impossible to buy through GW.

I still don’t know what they are trying to achieve with this.

0 reason to think there will be a TW AoS

I am wondering when will we see Malerion faction and Kurnothi? In next 2-3 years maybe?

I just hope Malerion does not end up merging with DoK or using the old Dark Elf model line. 

Kurnothi would also be better if they were a standalone faction, they are aelven beasts who belong more in Ghur then they are plant people of Ghyran.

18 minutes ago, Sorrow said:

I am wondering when will we see Malerion faction and Kurnothi? In next 2-3 years maybe?

I just hope Malerion does not end up merging with DoK or using the old Dark Elf model line. 

Kurnothi would also be better if they were a standalone faction, they are aelven beasts who belong more in Ghur then they are plant people of Ghyran.

I’d be surprised if the Kurnothi weren’t lumped into the Sylvaneth, since the Oak of Ages is back and the “Lifequake” seems to be a thing this edition. My guess is about 4 or 5 army update tomes in we’ll get a hear something about them.

As for Malerion… pssht, idk. I don’t think DoK would get lumped into them but at the same time I wouldn’t be surprised if they were. I think they will be coming this edition (just so that GW finally has all the armies they’ve hinted to since the start out) but no clue when. Probably near the backend, like the Lumineth.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, JustAsPlanned said:

As for Malerion… pssht, idk. I don’t think DoK would get lumped into them but at the same time I wouldn’t be surprised if they were. I think they will be coming this edition (just so that GW finally has all the armies they’ve hinted to since the start out) but no clue when. Probably near the backend, like the Lumineth.

Yeah, Malerion's a hard one to figure (appropriately, I suppose). I feel like DoK currently has a strong identity narratively, particularly with Morathi's ascension, and I can't see her happily sharing power with her son, or visa versa.

I also agree that Malerion will likely appear later in the narrative. Narratively, it would make sense for him to hold back a bit and wait until he sees what the Era of the Beast has to offer, both in terms of dangers and opportunities.

I don't see Malarion merging with Daughters of Khaine at all. 

Right now the most likely potential merge would be GW remaking Dark Elves by merging the remains of that range with the DoK which they have "soft" done with the campaign book and the narrative. Personally I sort of hope that's as far as they go with the idea. Not because I dislike the idea of restoring the Dark Elf force (seriously its pretty much all there save a few leaders and the repeater bolt thrower); but simply because Daughters of Khaine have a unique identity of their own and I'd feel it would dilute it and change them from what they are to remerge them fully. I'm aware any old DE fans are likely thinking the opposite and would love their full army to be fieldable again. 

Malarion though I see as fully his own force, unique in all ways. It's just been a long time coming; but don't forget Lumineth were just as long hinted at and only just got released this last year. 

As for Total War - Warhammer has done CA a huge amount of good. I can see CA wanting to continue that and doing AoS would be a way for CA to be able to stick with the licence that works and the rough same setting and style; whilst also having al ot of new forces, story, setting and material to work with. Esp since its unlikely that a new Total War Warhammer Old World could be made now for quite a few years - the 3 game series is going to be a king for a long long time.

But who knows perhaps CA will secure the Lord of the Rings licence; or the Malazan Book of the Fallen, or even something else or do their own fantasy game 

25 minutes ago, JustAsPlanned said:

I’d be surprised if the Kurnothi weren’t lumped into the Sylvaneth, since the Oak of Ages is back and the “Lifequake” seems to be a thing this edition. My guess is about 4 or 5 army update tomes in we’ll get a hear something about them.

I would be surprised too.

But I think that would be a good move to truly explore the Kurnothi in depth.

1 hour ago, Overread said:

I don't see Malarion merging with Daughters of Khaine at all. 

Right now the most likely potential merge would be GW remaking Dark Elves by merging the remains of that range with the DoK which they have "soft" done with the campaign book and the narrative. Personally I sort of hope that's as far as they go with the idea. Not because I dislike the idea of restoring the Dark Elf force (seriously its pretty much all there save a few leaders and the repeater bolt thrower); but simply because Daughters of Khaine have a unique identity of their own and I'd feel it would dilute it and change them from what they are to remerge them fully. I'm aware any old DE fans are likely thinking the opposite and would love their full army to be fieldable again. 

I think it would be perfect for a Warclans-style "Shadow Elves" tome. One where you can field either army separately or together without any hassle. It's a win-win for players.

• Like 8
  • Confused 1

16 minutes ago, Mutton said:

I think it would be perfect for a Warclans-style "Shadow Elves" tome. One where you can field either army separately or together without any hassle. It's a win-win for players.

While I think that is likely to happen, this DoK fan does not welcome it. Not because I don't like the idea of dragons and dark elves, but because it reduces.the likelihood that the Greek monster mythology of the DoK is expanded further. While we remain our own faction, we can hope for new models and aesthetics. If we get souped, chances are that updates to the soup will be less DoK flavored. See for instance - said warclans - kruleboyz Kool and all, but they aren't ironjawz.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Benkei said:

If you read the article they basically said nothing is done yet and the game is a long way off, so I'm gonna go ahead and bet 2 years from now is not a realistic date at all, specially with the pandemic and stuff

Before that they said it's 22/23 so who knows - it might take longer due to recent events or they'll still manage within their estimate... TBH I don't really care either way, I'm in no hurry. 

4 hours ago, Overread said:

As for Total War - Warhammer has done CA a huge amount of good. I can see CA wanting to continue that and doing AoS would be a way for CA to be able to stick with the licence that works and the rough same setting and style; whilst also having al ot of new forces, story, setting and material to work with. Esp since its unlikely that a new Total War Warhammer Old World could be made now for quite a few years - the 3 game series is going to be a king for a long long time.

Whfb was a good fit for the existing total war genre and engine. It's about strategically moving around big regiments. And the troops were pretty low fantasy for the most part. I mean sure reskin some armies as skeletons and some as orks, bit it's still just a bunch of infantry. 

AoS is about skirmishes, heroes, monsters, magic, and more out there fantasy. How do you put KO, or Idoneth, or SoB, etc?  

Even if they could sort it out, what's the point? It'd be nearly the same game just with AoS shoehorned in..Hard pass, but I do look forward to other genres of AoS games 

7 hours ago, Sorrow said:

i much disagree. i would love and really hope that malerion and kurnothi merge with DoK/Sylvaneth.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Sorrow said:

Personally I would hope Kurnothi would join Sylvaneth and DOK with Malerion. It makes the same amount of sense with Kruelboyz joining Warclans to me. 

• Like 5
  • Confused 1

Was just checking today's pre-orders. The Vindictors and Gutrippas in the magazine and the two paint sets are all unique sculpts. That's pretty good for anyone who's looking to add a bit of variety especially the shields of the Kruleboyz. 

• Like 1