The Rumour Thread

3 minutes ago, Tervindar said:

Have there been any rumors for an updated BoC battletome? or mostly wishlisting. 

nothing that i've heard besides the fact that we know 'something' chaos is coming in (october?).  There was a rumor awhile ago that it was one of the first four, but I don't think that is reliable...

so sadly not much, other than perpetually keeping fingers crossed whenever something 'chaosy' is being mentioned 🙂

• Like 2

4 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

I fully understand that model is awesome!! Its just a shame that the 2 most recent Ogor models havent been for the Mawtribes themselves!! 

That’s completely fair, here’s hoping Beastclaw Raiders and Firebellies get an expansion soon.

48 minutes ago, Neverchosen said:

I have a small Beast Claw Army and they would love to worship the dark gods and go on a rampage or bring my Dominion SCE up to 2000 points.

You mean vynterbad? I’m pretty sure no one would mind if you use your stone horns as a warshrine. But I get what you mean. We need mercenary rules ASAP!!!

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

58 minutes ago, Tervindar said:

Have there been any rumors for an updated BoC battletome? or mostly wishlisting. 

It is mostly wish listing, but it is tied to some speculation based on the awesome Morghur Broken realm story, and the principal focus of the edition being on Ghur. Essentially it is easy to speculate on the Beasts rising in prominence during this edition but when that will be and if that is going to be felt in terms of narrative, rules or new models is anyone's guess. However, the same could be said about many other armies at this point.

I also think it is safe to assume that there will be some kind of expansion for God Marked Chaos Beasts, to get further support as it feels strange to only have Slaanesh and Tzeentch represented. But I wouldn't willingly wager wether Pestigors and Khornegors would release with BoC or their God Specific tomes.  I also secretly hold out hope for Beasts of Chaos as a faction in 40k to become a thing but that is neither here nor there. 😛

Edited by Neverchosen

2 hours ago, Tervindar said:

Well There have been some rumours, that they would get some updates in their bullgor and doombull models, per a two army boxset with Spiderfang gitz fighting that juicy beef.

(I’m personally hoping that, that is true, considering that I collect both faction next to my main project the skaven)

• Like 1

On 7/19/2021 at 5:34 PM, Dreddships said:

Less replaced - more 'updated with model that is definitely not star drake'. 

Similar to Vindictors 'definitely not' being updated Liberators or Annihiltors 'definitely not' updated Paladins

DW, ya Star Drake is safe

I'd rather have them replace the models than update them with a similar unit. That way I can buy the new ones or keep using the ones I already have. 

I'm still going to keep using my Liberators, becuase I built and paint them. But it doesn't feel good when they release a new unit that fills the same role, but better. 

Hope with the new book all the warscrolls are balanced.

3 hours ago, TenshiHammer said:

I'd rather have them replace the models than update them with a similar unit. That way I can buy the new ones or keep using the ones I already have. 

I'm still going to keep using my Liberators, becuase I built and paint them. But it doesn't feel good when they release a new unit that fills the same role, but better. 

Hope with the new book all the warscrolls are balanced.

It's the same as the 40k primaris approach: add lots of "not replacements" (intercessors/vindictors/new SC dragon) with just enough to differentiate their rules from older minis (tactical squads/liberators/stardrake).

In practice I don't think that they're always better as such but the differences are often very minor and it can feel like an unnecessary addition. Leads to a very bloated range, where you have 3-4 warscrolls competing for the same role in a faction and where which one is best really depends on very slight points differences or buff interactions. The illusion of choice, extraneous detail pretending to be nuance.

I do get that GW doesn't want to invalidate or squat older minis that they're essentially had another pass at, it's just that there's this irritating side effect. Ultimately it's not the end of the world but it must grate to be e.g. an Eldar or Idoneth player watching space marines or SC get their fourth or fifth almost-identical basic infantry option.

Edited by sandlemad
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, Neverchosen said:

I mean along with Radukar these make awesome Maneaters of Shyish!

Wasnt Radukar confirmed to not be an Ogor though? 

3 hours ago, Snorri Nelriksson said:

If the trend of the edition is adding microfaction then/or souping battletomes i could see Firebellies getting expanded.

They worship a specific aspect of Gorkamorka so they should have a different culture. 

Exactly!! I'd love me some Firebellies!!

6 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

Confirmation of some details about The Old World.

• 28mm scale.
  • Square bases.
  • Orc are Orcs (simple as).

Well that news came out of nowhere, thanks a lot for posting. 

Honestly that's my hype set now. The scale is all I wanted to know, absolutely glorious. 

Because that means more minis for AoS!!! 

Cathay 

Kislev, which means a proper Eastern themed Soulblight army with living soldiers lead by Radukar and the likes. 

It means whatever the hell else. 

Lets.....

GOOOOOOO

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ManlyMuppet88 said:

Those poor people who burned their armies when AOS launched.....

I actually find myself significantly less invested in the Old World narrative because I know how it ends. Probably won't stop me getting in to it though - I miss rank and file. It just had such a cool feel.

To be fair if I was angry enough to do that, I doubt I'd be touching a GW game ever again regardless.

Fool me once and all that.

It backs up pretty much everything the previous rumour said, including the fact that it's still a very long time until release. 2024 it is then? 

Square bases and based off old rules has me less than thrilled though. I wish they'd gone for something similar to asoiaf.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Chikout said:

It backs up pretty much everything the previous rumour said, including the fact that it's still a very long time until release. 2024 it is then? 

Square bases and based off old rules has me less than thrilled though. I wish they'd gone for something similar to asoiaf.

"The game that's a continuation of WHFB will be at 28mm/on square bases and be a similar ruleset" isn't much of a stretch to state for a Rumour. I still wouldn't give it much credence beyond educated guesses. 

I do hope the new trays are 'slots' for bases the same way War of the Ring/ASOI&F is (well, round bases on square trays in those cases) So, so much easier to rank up and move.

Edited by Clan's Cynic
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, Chikout said:

Exactly what I was hoping for. ASOIAF is my current favorite game. I was hoping for standardized movement trays that minis could fit in.

WHFB was my main game for 20ish years, and I don't miss making various sizes of trays for my minis.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, PrimeElectrid said:

Because you could realistically predict that 6+ years in the future GW would relaunch the game they abandoned for being commercially not viable.

There's other games that use Fantasy minis. 

When GW killed WHFB, I switched to Kings of War.... which I actually liked more. My Dark Elf army grew. I got a lot of Dark Elves from ebay. Probably from people that decided it was better to sell their army worth hundreds of dollars than burn it. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2