The Rumour Thread

22 minutes ago, Acrozatarim said:

Oooh.

Mork Sez No is potentially brutal depending how many unbinds Gobsprakk gets a turn.

I'm a little sad the alternate build is a Killaboss, as I'm really hoping for another generic spellcaster alongside the Swampcalla, and going by the existing Killabosses it's unlikely to have very interesting rules beyond being a flying hammer unit.

The bit at the end suggests we'll be seeing whatever form the Stormcast dragon takes next week.

Ive only eyeballed the 3rd edition rules a bit but isn’t there some sort of Enchancement that makes a hero a wizard? 

13 minutes ago, Chikout said:

Sorry. Couldn't resist.  https://youtu.be/MMiKyfd6hA0

This was my first thought as well!

Love the new model! I picked up dominion, mainly for the core book, but thought I might hang onto the minis and maybe start Kruleboyz. This model has definitely pushed me further in that direction. I love the severed Lord of Change hand on his back. Funny that the standard shaman has a metal hand shaped banner, this guy has the real thing. Love it!

4 minutes ago, Cataphract said:

Ive only eyeballed the 3rd edition rules a bit but isn’t there some sort of Enchancement that makes a hero a wizard? 

There is an artefact, yeah, but for me it's not as interesting as seeing the faction-specific manifestations of the ways they practice their magic.

25 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

These four Rumour engines are clearly Kruleboyz and they are an incognita yet.

The spear is obviously Kruleboyz, but could just be an option in the multipart Gutrippaz we haven't seen yet.

The bit of metal the vulture is perched on looks a lot like the spikes on the Boltboyz and vultures definitely follow given the new releases, but it's less certain than the spear by a good margin, could easily be Ogors, or a bit of scenery in Chaos or Death. They feel like scenery flourish on a big centerpiece model, which we already have two of for Kruleboyz, so I doubt there's another big monster waiting. Maybe we get a Kruleboyz falconer hero, or get the vultures as a gryphhound style beast, but I'm not as confident that these are Kruleboyz.

The arrows feel like a big reach, and wouldn't be out of place in any number of factions. The binding on the arrows looks very destruction, but doesn't match the fletching on the Boltboyz. My first guess would be some kind of Ogor unit, but it could just as easily be some sort of Chaos unit. It could even be a wilder order unit, the pelt gives me WHFB White Lion vibes.

1 hour ago, Verminlord said:

Are you honestly calling skaven a Mary Sue faction? The faction where everyone is either stabbing each others back, high on Warp-crack or enslaved and thrown to their deaths on the front lines?  The faction where every single grand scheme crumbles without fail? Do you know what a Mary Sue is? 😂

They are a Mary Sue because even when we are told how bad their society is and how they are constantly sabotaging themselves (supposedly) somehow all of that never amounts to anything real because they always succeed in whatever they do without anybody being able to oppose them. So yes, they are quite the Mary Sue and yes, I know what a Mary Sue is, thanks for the attempt at discrediting me because you don't like my opinion. 

Edited by Benkei

2 minutes ago, Benkei said:

They are a Mary Sue because even when we are told how bad their society is and how they are constantly sabotaging themselves (supposedly) somehow all of that never amounts to anything real because they always succeed in whatever they do without anybody being able to oppose them. So yes, they are quite the Mary Sue and yes, I know what a Mary Sue is, thanks for the attempt at discrediting me because you don't like my opinion. 

Thats not really what a Mary Sue is. A Mary Sue is a flawless character (or group in this case) that always seems to win and be better than the others due to author favoritism/self-insert. You could say Skaven are unrealistic in how they operate due to their backstabbing nature ingrained into their society, but I wouldn't say they succeed all the time, in stories they tend to be the irredeemable bad guy who loses in the end. Sure they get stuff done due to espionage and such, but they definitely aren't one of the "winner" factions in lore at least.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 5

6 minutes ago, Benkei said:

what have they actually done in aos?

stopped nagash, along with everyone else trying to stop nagash?

drowned themselves so that gw could make more elves?

almost kill a few named characters but don't?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Thane said:

Thats not really what a Mary Sue is. A Mary Sue is a flawless character (or group in this case) that always seems to win and be better than the others due to author favoritism/self-insert. You could say Skaven are unrealistic in how they operate due to their backstabbing nature ingrained into their society, but I wouldn't say they succeed all the time, in stories they tend to be the irredeemable bad guy who loses in the end. Sure they get stuff done due to espionage and such, but they definitely aren't one of the "winner" factions in lore at least.

Exactly right. Skaven are a faction defined by their flaws. I would argue skaven are the furthest you can get from a "Mary Sue." 

In the old world they lived beneath human cities and served symbolically as a dark reflection of human nature. They represent all the worst aspects of human nature. Greed, pride, envy, fear, all of it.

The few times they are successful, if you can call it that, can be summed up into one phrase: chaos is a ladder.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Again, as this release continues I keep seeing more Lotr being used for the inspiration. Far from a complaint but rather ingenious as the dark thin orc style is possibly one of my favourote fantasy tropes and asthetic.

I see a lot of Ted Naismith Fell beast art in the Vulcha. 

C60E7471-2412-4D55-8224-0E1B92BCD65D.jpeg

Edited by Kronos
  • Like 7