The Rumour Thread

1 minute ago, edmc78 said:

New Vulture is amazing, mild preference for the boss build as the horned helmet on the vulture is totally crackers. 

I am sure nobody is gonna refuse to play you because you swapped bird heads if you want the shaman!  fortunately both the rider and bird head seem like they are a super easy magnetization 

Just now, HollowHills said:

I know everyone is (rightfully) hyped about the bird, but I was hoping the stormcast dragon would be more than one kit. Like a centerpiece  and some cavalry. A bit sad if it is just one hero.

I'm assuming we've got two SC and one KRB left - between the expected Star Drake replacement and 'Dragon riders' for SC and likely the Gnashtoof calvary?

• Subscriber

Nice surprise to see this on a baking Monday afternoon.

The 2nd build for the boss is the better looking one (from those photo angles anyway), so think that's the way I'd build him. 

Now off to look at pictures of vultures and other carrion birds to find a suitable colour scheme...

• Like 1

Just now, Dreddships said:

between the expected Star Drake replacement

Why are we expecting the star drake to be replaced? They aren't replacing the Cabbage with the Bird, likewise I think the two SCE dragons will exist side by side. The kit is only 4 years old.... Unless i missed some rumor 

Thats a great model, although it's a bit too much of a departure from the older more trad fantasy aesthetic of the Dominion set for me to add it to my project I think. I've been painting mine around an 80's old hammer vibe. There's quite a less is more quality to the Dominion models but these vulture types are very much on the more is more spectrum.

I adore the skareshields and general silhouette of the new Greenskins, but they're definitely a range looking for an identity I think. Basically fall right between the Gorilla orcs of Warhammer and the pointier outlines and practices of the Gitz, but they're missing something. I was hoping the shaman/vulture might have been the missing link but it has the same issues.

Edited by Nos
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Tervindar said:

I love the vulture so much! I really hope we get some KRB's cavalry as was rumored before. Need moar Gnashtoofs!

It make me wonder if we will get any cavalry in the end, if they are showing the remaining centerpieces on articles it probably mean they are the last thing they had to show... Really hope I'm wrong on this, I would love to have smaller gnashtoofs!!

6 minutes ago, sorokyl said:

Why are we expecting the star drake to be replaced? They aren't replacing the Cabbage with the Bird, likewise I think the two SCE dragons will exist side by side. The kit is only 4 years old.... Unless i missed some rumor 

Less replaced - more 'updated with model that is definitely not star drake'. 

Similar to Vindictors 'definitely not' being updated Liberators or Annihiltors 'definitely not' updated Paladins

DW, ya Star Drake is safe

• Like 3

The big vulture is lovely! I like that so far every named character has also had a generic Killaboss counterpart as well, because one of my biggest pet peeves is when a special character gets a unique Mount that nobody else can use *cough dread abyssal Mortarchs cough Horticulus and his snail cough cough*

58 minutes ago, PJetski said:

I wonder if they'll make any new Start Collecting boxes for oldcast. If they don't make one for Sacrosanct it I think it's a strong signal that the Thunderstrike are meant to be a reboot of the line.

god i hope so, those unit numbers in oldcast boxes make me mad.

6 minutes ago, Ogregut said:

I can't see the vultures from the rumour engine on either of these models, unless Im going blind. 

You're right it doesn't seem that the vulture rumour engines have been solved. 

Very interesting. 

Yet more beautiful miniatures. 

Yano that boss vulture variant would make a great savage looking Lord of Change with some Beasts of Chaos or something. 

Oooh.

Mork Sez No is potentially brutal depending how many unbinds Gobsprakk gets a turn.

I'm a little sad the alternate build is a Killaboss, as I'm really hoping for another generic spellcaster alongside the Swampcalla, and going by the existing Killabosses it's unlikely to have very interesting rules beyond being a flying hammer unit.

The bit at the end suggests we'll be seeing whatever form the Stormcast dragon takes next week.

5 hours ago, Benkei said:

I think the problem comes more from the fact Skaven are the elves of the bad guys, i.e. Mary Sues that always come out on top because reasons

Are you honestly calling skaven a Mary Sue faction? The faction where everyone is either stabbing each others back, high on Warp-crack or enslaved and thrown to their deaths on the front lines?  The faction where every single grand scheme crumbles without fail? Do you know what a Mary Sue is? 😂

• Like 2

Damn these are cool. I was kind of hoping for something more along the lines of a shaman-king for Gobsprakk but his being the guy who “creatively interprets” Kragnos’s will is brilliant. I like all his extra gubbins and how even the fanciest of them (like the LoC hand for a staffhead) doesn’t really elevate him all that much above his fellow shamans.