The Rumour Thread

They revealed Crowe randomly, might do the same for some things they don't want to hold for a Preview or sit on because the release is soon-ish.
So I imagine the Thousand Sons mini and SCE/KBoyz leftovers. Coming soon and not really worth holding out for another preview, especially since they already did one beyond Dominion show.

Been thinking on the potential Kruleboyz roster so I decided to make a list of what we have and a speculation on what they are about along with rumors/what I think GW has yet to reveal.

Heroes - Special Characters
Confirmed
Swampboss Skumdrek - Monster Mount, Anti-Hero

Unconfirmed
Gobsprakk The Mouth of Mork - Monster Mount, Flying Wizard

Heroes - Mounted
Confirmed
Snatcha Boss on Sludgeraker - Monster Mount, Anti-Hero?

Breakaboss on Mirebrute Troggoth - Monster Mount, Anti-Infantry?

Killaboss on Great Gnashtooth - Monster Mount, Anti-Elite?

Unconfirmed

Shaman on Corpserippa - Monster Mount, Flying Wizard (Non-Special version of Gobsprakk)
Killaboss on Corpserippa - Monster Mount, Flying Hero (Non-Special version of Gobsprakk)

Heroes - Foot

Confirmed

Killaboss with Stabgrot - Support Hero, Tanky.

Swampcalla Shama with Potgrot - Wizard Main, Support

Murknob with Banner - Anti-Magic Hero, some MWs.

Battleline

Confirmed

Guttrippaz - Spear and Sword versions, one for tanking and the other for stabbing?

Behemoth
Confirmed
Swamp Torggoth - Anti-Infantry?

Artillery
Confirmed
Monster-skewer Balista - Anti-Large?

Other Units
Confirmed
Manskewer Boltboyz - Anti-Elite/Foot Heroes? Maybe Conditional Battleline?

Hobgrot Slittaz - Chaaafffff. Maybe Conditional Battleline?

Unconfirmed
Hobgrots on Gnashtooths - Light Cavalry, Objective Stealers.

Terrain

Unconfirmed

STrangler Oak - Terrain that does MWs to enemies? Maybe buffs Shamans?

Edited by Cataphract
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Neverchosen said:

Someone on reddit posted images of new boxes for 3.0. I am not sure if it has been posted on here before. Overall I really like the aesthetic but maybe it is because I think the mini's look better in a proper diegetic space than a white void.

n1uqdl1vkyb71.jpg?width=2880&format=pjpg
vblvkndxkyb71.jpg?width=2880&format=pjpg

Here is the original link:
https://www.reddit.com/r/ageofsigmar/comments/omozla/3rd_ed_rebox_it_seems_wonder_if_it_has_updated/

5 hours ago, Public Universal Duardin said:

I also feel these new boxes have more... visual identity? The white void ones are so...sterile and what it comes to boxes, quite uninteresting. I always liked how you could back in the day from afar differentiate WHFB boxes from 40K ones, and the colour scheme of these AoS boxes are probably a reference (while still having a visual identity of their own) to old Fantasy packaging.

Am I looking way too deep at Warhammer packaging? Y-yes, probably. .

I agree, I really love this new packaging. Cannot wait to see the new boxes.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

I agree, I really love this new packaging. Cannot wait to see the new boxes.

I'd like it a lot more if those Ardboyz were updated...😒 

Still holding out hope for an elite Kruleboyz Murknob unit to replace them now. 

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, GenericEdgyName said:

I've built dominion recently and am fairly certain those sculpts are exclusive to the magazine. It's just that they're not that unique  since they're basic battleline troops

Hey you're right. I mean they're *barely* different but they are different nonetheless. Nowhere near as fun as the alternative mage from AOS 2 mag though.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, PrimeElectrid said:

Leaked post was correct, starter boxes, terrain and repackaged endless spells next week.

what’s the bet for the week after?

Probably the rest of the sisters stuff. Those players have been waiting quite a while. There's also Aeronautica which got previewed at Warhammer fest. I think the big question is whether we see Killteam or battletomes first. 

My guess is that we will see battletome pre-orders as early as the 7th or as late as the 21st of August. 

That leaves plenty of time to do another preview show, though I'd almost prefer if the pics just randomly dropped this week.

9 hours ago, Neverchosen said:

n1uqdl1vkyb71.jpg?width=2880&format=pjpg
vblvkndxkyb71.jpg?width=2880&format=pjpg

Just noticed this after a 2nd glance, so the stormcast have existing terrain in the bsckground of the box pic. Does this mean we just got a leak of orruk warclans terrain from the ardboyz box pic?... 🤔

Edited by Vasshpit
  • LOVE IT! 1

15 minutes ago, Vasshpit said:

Just noticed this after a 2nd glance, so the stormcast have existing terrain in the bsckground of the box pic. Does this mean we just got a leak of orruk warclans terrain from the ardboyz box pic?... 🤔

I can't see very well, but isn't that 40k ork terrain 

Is there any rumors of a Hobgrot HQ? Or will that be saved for the Chorf release?

Alternatively, is it likely Kruleboyz Hobgrots will be a unit that can also be taken by Chorfs?

Edited by Thane
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Laststand said:

I've never really understood the facination with bretonnians. The hook is knights in shining armour and thats it. They seem so bland an idea when compared to all the other weird and wonderful stuff. If they ever did return I imagine their legacy fans wont be happy as GW will have to change them quite a bit so they produce some unique intellectual property. Whether you hate skaven and chaos dwarfs or not you cant deny they have character. 

As others have already said: it's not just Knights, though the appeal of a cavalry army with their unique spear-headed formation was a part of the appeal. And then there's of course the vibe of Arthurian legends with the Lady of the Lake and the ghostly Green Knight. The connection to the Wood Elves and also Ghouls and Blood Dragon Vampires in Mousilion was also interesting. I also always liked the dirty down-trodden peasant side of the army.

Skaven and Chaos Dwarves have a lot of character, I give them that. And they do make great villains. But in contrast to Daughters of Khaine, Gravelords or Kruleboyz they are the kind of villain I desperately don't want to see winning. 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Maogrim said:

Skaven and Chaos Dwarves have a lot of character, I give them that. And they do make great villains. But in contrast to Daughters of Khaine, Gravelords or Kruleboyz they are the kind of villain I desperately don't want to see winning. 

Why not? It's really fun to see a villain wining and then going down because their own greed!! 

Flirting with Hashut blessings to finally become a nice statue of themself or slaving orcs and frankensteining them to see an open war with their own creations... and that's just another monday in Skaven's society!!

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, Beliman said:

Why not? It's really fun to see a villain wining and then going down because their own greed!! 

Flirting with Hashut blessings to finally become a nice statue of themself or slaving orcs and frankensteining them to see an open war with their own creations... and that's just another monday in Skaven's society!!

With Chaos Dwarves it's just my love and adoration for real dwarves. I can't stand to see them corrupted. 

And then with Skaven I feel like we rarely see them lose and even if they do it doesn't seem to matter. They basically always fight on their terms, emerging from tunnels, circumventing city walls and weakening their enemies with diseases beforehand. Their machines can kill multiple warriors with years or decades of training and experience in a single flash, while they don' t really care about their own losses (on a global scale). Sure, civil wars happen regularly but it always ends in the next clan taking control stronger than before. 

If a powerful, centuries-old vampire or Chaos general dies it matters, because there isn't just the next individual on a similar scale right around the corner. If a temple of Daughters loses it matters because their losses aren't so eaily replenished. With Orruks their losses hardly matter, but at least they regularly get outsmarted.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Maogrim said:

If a powerful, centuries-old vampire or Chaos general dies it matters, because there isn't just the next individual on a similar scale right around the corner. If a temple of Daughters loses it matters because their losses aren't so eaily replenished. With Orruks their losses hardly matter, but at least they regularly get outsmarted.

Imho, that's all about how GW can create interesting and engaging characters. Even if GW killed Karl Franz (pre-End Times), they could make a campaign to find a new emperor or whatever and the empire could continue without any changes at all (or just small ones). But that would still be a big emotional impact for all Empire or just Fantasy players/fans.

Same with Skavens: Queek or even Thanquol could have had a bit more impact on the whole Skaven Society. GW could just wrote more things about Council of 13th with maybe models to play with and that would turn (in some time with a more engaging characters even if their society is all about backstabbing). Btw, I don't know if the Council are still active in AoS.

Edited by Beliman

47 minutes ago, Beliman said:

Imho, that's all about how GW can create interesting and engaging characters. Even if GW killed Karl Franz (pre-End Times), they could make a campaign to find a new emperor or whatever and the empire could continue without any changes at all (or just small ones). But that would still be a big emotional impact for all Empire or just Fantasy players/fans.

Same with Skavens: Queek or even Thanquol could have had a bit more impact on the whole Skaven Society. GW could just wrote more things about Council of 13th with maybe models to play with and that would turn (in some time with a more engaging characters even if their society is all about backstabbing). Btw, I don't know if the Council are still active in AoS.

See, this is where my perceived invulnerability of Skaven comes into play: If Karl Franz were to be assassinted, the Imperium's enemies would immediately launch an attack because the realm is weakened. So the campaign wouldn't just be about finding a successor but also about desperately defending against outside enemies. If the Skaven Council would be slain, Skaven society would just react as they always do: infighting until successors emerge. But no outside enemy would really threaten them. 

That's what I liked about Wrath of the Everchosen. Chaos were just as invulnerable as Skaven most of the time, and then Katakros marched in, kicked some ass and made camp. There were finally real stakes for Archaon.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Vasshpit said:

Nay , those are "classic" orc studio scenary 

Spoiler

Y1Ylkhqjs2rEbptX.jpg

• Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, Maogrim said:

See, this is where my perceived invulnerability of Skaven comes into play: If Karl Franz were to be assassinted, the Imperium's enemies would immediately launch an attack because the realm is weakened. So the campaign wouldn't just be about finding a successor but also about desperately defending against outside enemies.

"Enemy's can immediately launch an attack", that's one of a lot of other possibilites.

If the Skaven Council would be slain, Skaven society would just react as they always do: infighting until successors emerge. But no outside enemy would really threaten them. 

Maybe they could write something diferent this time? Maybe reunite the whole Skaven race behind a unique character? I'm talking about this kind of stuff.

That's exactly my point, the writers are the ones that will chose the next step. The weight that characters have on this story is completely linked to the writers.

That's what I liked about Wrath of the Everchosen. Chaos were just as invulnerable as Skaven most of the time, and then Katakros marched in, kicked some ass and made camp. There were finally real stakes for Archaon.

That's exactly what I'm talking about. If it was an "immovable object", Katakros could not threaten Archaon.

11 hours ago, Charleston said:

I am a bit shocked that the large starter doesn't contain the full hardcover rulebook

GW did a great job to normalize bulky and impractical rule books to create more profit. Now people are shocked that they get their rules in a convenient booklet.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Maogrim said:

This is something I agree with, but fundamentally disagree on the premise that it makes them bad villains. Reason why I love Skaven and CD so much are because they both are such irredeemable factions.

You're absolutely correct that neither's world would be one anyone would wish to live in - but it doesn't make them any less interesting for it. I'd even argue that there's satirical elements of societal critique in both - every Skavenslave being a temporarily embarrassed Warlord, not to better the station of other Skaven but to be able to one day bully others like they have been bullied. Chaos Dwarves are absolutely despicable - an industrial evil that instead of constant expansion (like Skaven) focus on more local acts of cruelty and casual, banal evil. They hold slaves and are industrialised polluters, weaponmakers for Chaos and in every way people you'd never want to encounter IRL. Anyone trying to humanise both misses the point of them. But that doesn't mean that they aren't fundamentally interesting villains.

Edited by Public Universal Duardin
Formatting
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 3