The Rumour Thread

48 minutes ago, Skreech Verminking said:

Nah man, it’s the most intense and interesting, while still pretty easy to do job.

nothing beats, painting a 100 or more clanrats per day.

1) mate I could say exactly this for every other non skaven faction,

Why do you think everything non skaven is called a thing?

(b’cause we don’t approve of their existence😝)

2)Skaven are an amazing army, if you removed every part of it except skryre, they would just get boring and uninteresting.

3) I wouldn’t mind sending the new bone-things and the hated poster-things into oblivion (for a week) just to see brets and tomb kings to show up again.

1)yes, there are a lot of other horde unit models, that are easier to paint then clanrats, yet they aren’t as much fun as painting clanrats.

2) nah man, with the new ruleset, playing hordes and hordes of clanrats got a lot more interesting.

With the new coherency rules, having those base-thingies that can move a ton of models at once, can now really be used a lot of the time, without having to be scared of doing too many mistakes.

Also nothing beats the look on a guy who has to fight a 120clanrats.

I love playing hordes and hordes of clanrats, especially in this new edition.

Nah man/mate/thing/ whatever pronoun you like it just not for everyone, from experience it turn off a lot of newbies but why should i argue with the great Biasis @Skreech Verminkingwho like arguing on vermin fetish Bias

• Confused 2

18 minutes ago, novakai said:

Nah man/mate/thing/ whatever pronoun you like it just not for everyone, from experience it turn off a lot of newbies but why should i argue with the great Biasis @Skreech Verminkingwho like arguing on vermin fetish Bias

Certainly It would go nowhere.

my mind can not be broken,

For it has already reached this state😜

ps: just so it is said: you would have (very likely) lost

nothing is-is better then the vial ratman.

Nothing can beat-scurry the skaven to victory!!!!

Yes-yes,

fear-fear the vermitnide!

Edited by Skreech Verminking
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

I know this is the Rumour Thread but I just wanted to shout out all you incredible lads and ladettes for the amazing time I've spent here since I've joined, with that I'm pleased to announce that today I'll be getting married!! KingBrodd will be marrying his Queen ❤

I’m a bit late to the party but, congrats!! 

• LOVE IT! 1

22 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

I know this is the Rumour Thread but I just wanted to shout out all you incredible lads and ladettes for the amazing time I've spent here since I've joined, with that I'm pleased to announce that today I'll be getting married!! KingBrodd will be marrying his Queen ❤

She has found a friendly and positive soul!

Good luck together!

• LOVE IT! 1

6 hours ago, edmc78 said:

Looking at the new core book there is a lot of talk of Clan Eshin bring based in the realm of Shadows. I wonder if we will see Umbraneth Aelfs vs Skaven in 2022? 

I hope we don't see any more elves for a long, long time. This would be the what, 5th entirely new faction for pointy eared larpers?

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Someone on reddit posted images of new boxes for 3.0. I am not sure if it has been posted on here before. Overall I really like the aesthetic but maybe it is because I think the mini's look better in a proper diegetic space than a white void.

n1uqdl1vkyb71.jpg?width=2880&format=pjpg
vblvkndxkyb71.jpg?width=2880&format=pjpg

Here is the original link:
https://www.reddit.com/r/ageofsigmar/comments/omozla/3rd_ed_rebox_it_seems_wonder_if_it_has_updated/

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Neverchosen said:

Someone on reddit posted images of new boxes for 3.0. I am not sure if it has been posted on here before. Overall I really like the aesthetic but maybe it is because I think the mini's look better in a proper diegetic space than a white void.

n1uqdl1vkyb71.jpg?width=2880&format=pjpg
vblvkndxkyb71.jpg?width=2880&format=pjpg

Here is the original link:
https://www.reddit.com/r/ageofsigmar/comments/omozla/3rd_ed_rebox_it_seems_wonder_if_it_has_updated/

I also feel these new boxes have more... visual identity? The white void ones are so...sterile and what it comes to boxes, quite uninteresting. I always liked how you could back in the day from afar differentiate WHFB boxes from 40K ones, and the colour scheme of these AoS boxes are probably a reference (while still having a visual identity of their own) to old Fantasy packaging.

Am I looking way too deep at Warhammer packaging? Y-yes, probably. .

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

Thank you to everyone for the warm messages!! We really appreciate the love and joy you have given us!!

Well deserved my friend, most love and best wishes from the whole community. ❤️ 

Now back to the rumours, has anyone seen these new boxes in person and do we know what to expect for previews today? My guess is that we are getting the new starter sets and the terrain set in the coming week.

Edited by Neverchosen

8 minutes ago, Neverchosen said:

Well deserved my friend, most love and best wishes from the whole community. ❤️ 

Now back to the rumours, has anyone seen these new boxes in person and do we know what to expect for previews today? My guess is that we are getting the new starter sets and the terrain set in the coming week.

They had one at my store when I went last.

• Thanks 1

On 7/17/2021 at 2:13 PM, Maogrim said:

Skaven are just hideous. They are vile and disgusting creatures with vile and disgusting lore and I shall never forgive them for stealing as many fortresses from the Dwarves as they did. 

I don't know, but, with the exception of Clan Skryre, I hate almost everything about them. If someone enjoys them and Skaven make them happy - I guess I'm happy for you and I hope that you get new fun stuff to play with. But I personally would gladly send Skaven and Chaos Dwarves into oblivion if we could get back Bretonnia and Tomb Kings instead. 

If reading this made someone sad or angry - I'm sorry! I just felt like I needed to put this out there. And it's not like there's not lots of hating on Stormcast or Lumineth, so.. 😅

I've never really understood the facination with bretonnians. The hook is knights in shining armour and thats it. They seem so bland an idea when compared to all the other weird and wonderful stuff. If they ever did return I imagine their legacy fans wont be happy as GW will have to change them quite a bit so they produce some unique intellectual property. Whether you hate skaven and chaos dwarfs or not you cant deny they have character. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 4

41 minutes ago, Laststand said:

I've never really understood the facination with bretonnians. The hook is knights in shining armour and thats it. They seem so bland an idea when compared to all the other weird and wonderful stuff. If they ever did return I imagine their legacy fans wont be happy as GW will have to change them quite a bit so they produce some unique intellectual property. Whether you hate skaven and chaos dwarfs or not you cant deny they have character. 

Honestly the Arthurian vibes are the main reason I looked at old Bretonnian lore, and the fact that that The Lady of The Lake in this setting is actually an Elf goddess using the humans as a shield was really funny in a dark manner. As for Chaos Dwarfs, don’t let my profile name fool you I post about them as much as @KingBrodd did for Sons of Behemat. I need those Mesopotamian beard loving, ancient middle eastern monster riding industrialists to be made in plastic crack ASAP.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, PrimeElectrid said:

Leaked post was correct, starter boxes, terrain and repackaged endless spells next week.

what’s the bet for the week after?

40k Ork Codex and the rest of the beast snaggas, Thousand Sons teased, and a Preview for the rest of the year(preferably one with Chaos Dwarfs and the rest of the Kruleboyz).

"Expect floods of informative articles, exclusive model reveals, and all the biggest news from the bleeding edge of all things Warhammer right here on Warhammer Community. "
   SCE and Kruleboyz models reveals without a preview? Or something totally different?

• LOVE IT! 2

1 hour ago, Laststand said:

The knights were the main draw, but there were others as well. It was a more or less historical army set in a fantasy setting - so that in itself was rather neat. Very classic fantasy. They also played differently than any other army and the Lady of the Lake and weird relationship with Wood Elves led to them feeling shrouded in mystery. 

But I really think all of the WHFB armies had plenty of character. That was never the problem. 

49 minutes ago, Loyal Son of Khemri said:

Honestly the Arthurian vibes are the main reason I looked at old Bretonnian lore, and the fact that that The Lady of The Lake in this setting is actually an Elf goddess using the humans as a shield was really funny in a dark manner. As for Chaos Dwarfs, don’t let my profile name fool you I post about them as much as @KingBrodd did for Sons of Behemat. I need those Mesopotamian beard loving, ancient middle eastern monster riding industrialists to be made in plastic crack ASAP.

Whenever I see you posting mate I know its either Tomb Kings or Chaos Duardin related!!

12 minutes ago, Mitzrael said:

"Expect floods of informative articles, exclusive model reveals, and all the biggest news from the bleeding edge of all things Warhammer right here on Warhammer Community. "
   SCE and Kruleboyz models reveals without a preview? Or something totally different?

I could see them bringing back New Model Monday for the Kruelboyz and SCE.

11 minutes ago, dmorley21 said:

The knights were the main draw, but there were others as well. It was a more or less historical army set in a fantasy setting - so that in itself was rather neat. Very classic fantasy. They also played differently than any other army and the Lady of the Lake and weird relationship with Wood Elves led to them feeling shrouded in mystery. 

But I really think all of the WHFB armies had plenty of character. That was never the problem. 

This is what I loved about Bretonians, just the idea of Knights fighting the undead, Orcs and other monsters.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Mitzrael said:

Possibly the Thousand Sons hero that has yet to be shown, or if Grey Knights are actually getting an update? Unlikely though, would like it to be more SCE and OW model reveals rather

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Loyal Son of Khemri said:

40k Ork Codex and the rest of the beast snaggas, Thousand Sons teased, and a Preview for the rest of the year(preferably one with Chaos Dwarfs and the rest of the Kruleboyz).

40k Orks Codex won't be released until at least the 21st as they said in a WarCom article that it won't be out for the Orlando leg of the US Open which happens on 14th of August

1 hour ago, PrimeElectrid said:

what’s the bet for the week after?

Stormcast and Warclans Battletomes will be in August same as Kill Team and probably orks for 40k which as stated above won't be until the 21st

So I would expect the 31st to be a filler week maybe the 40k sisters models that are still missing

I don't think both Battletomes and all their models will just be one week so it could either be 7th and 14th for our battletomes, 21st and 28th for orks and kill team or 7th for our Battletomes and the four originally shown models with the 14th for kill team and the 21st for 40k orks and the rest of Stormcast and Kruleboyz coming after that

Edited by Matrindur

2 hours ago, Laststand said:

I can't speak to others, but for me there are a couple of factors that make me like Bretonnians in addition to some of the things already mentioned upthread.

• They are one of the few armies where you can really paint each model in a very different way and still have it look great. There are also some really awesome sculpts. The Green Knight is a timeless classic, and the 6th edition Questing Knights are so full of character.
  • They have a nostalgia factor. I first thought that my introduction to the hobby was through the free model that I got with my copy of the Dark Omen PC game, but then I realized I had already been primed by HeroQuest and Battlemasters (not realizing those were GW games at the time). And then I realized that this too isn't quite right. When I was young kid I loved collecting those little pre-painted plastic knights that had small grey weapons that you could pop in and out of their hands. I would make mock battles with them and such, of course. So if I'm truly honest, those classic figs were my origin in the hobby, and Bretonnians have that similar feel to them.

1 hour ago, Mitzrael said:

I doubt we will get much more than 2 kits each for SCE/Kruelboyz, so they could do a article preview rather a online show.