The Rumour Thread

I do like the medieval conversions out there, but personally I love the StormCast death mask and find normal knights a bit too close to reality for me for my immortal lightning riding heroes, but I  really love the bonkers side of AOS.  Otherwise they tend to look like generic WOW / Warmachine paladins. 

I suspect we will see a new chamber one day with a different take, as with Grey Knights changing armour from standard marines over the years. 

Back to rumors, I am hungry for more. Am expecting Stormcast dragon hero and some form of cav and swamp wyvern and possibly wolf riders for cruel boys around the release of the battletomes. My birthday is next month and I'd really like the stormcast charriot, when do we think it will be out for pre-order?

• Like 15
  • Thanks 3

34 minutes ago, edmc78 said:

I do like the medieval conversions out there, but personally I love the StormCast death mask and find normal knights a bit too close to reality for me for my immortal lightning riding heroes, but I  really love the bonkers side of AOS.  Otherwise they tend to look like generic WOW / Warmachine paladins. 

I suspect we will see a new chamber one day with a different take, as with Grey Knights changing armour from standard marines over the years. 

Back to rumors, I am hungry for more. Am expecting Stormcast dragon hero and some form of cav and swamp wyvern and possibly wolf riders for cruel boys around the release of the battletomes. My birthday is next month and I'd really like the stormcast charriot, when do we think it will be out for pre-order?

I'm starving for some new Rumours!! 

• Like 3

15 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

This is a rumour I have heard. That GW wants to rid itself of the metal as soon as possible, not sure on resin and turn them into plastic. Skaven and BOC have quite a lot of metal. 

Yeah that been rumoured for years, but I'm sure its their ultimate aim, they are certainly getting there with quite a few factions. 

On 7/15/2021 at 12:48 AM, Draznak said:

There are no Astra Militarum and Tyranids codices planned for a long time (I'm less sure about Tyranids but anyway, certainly not by the start of the school year).

Yes much as I'd love Nids soon im not expecting anything until Jan/Feb next year along with Octarius 2 book [presuming it comes out about 6 months after the first]. 

Not sure we will see much for AoS before Christmas beyond Kruelboyz, stormcast and the chaos Tome. Skaven would be great and they are due some new models but isn't the rumour for Maggotkin first?

18 minutes ago, silverstu said:

Yeah that been rumoured for years, but I'm sure its their ultimate aim, they are certainly getting there with quite a few factions. 

Yes much as I'd love Nids soon im not expecting anything until Jan/Feb next year along with Octarius 2 book [presuming it comes out about 6 months after the first]. 

Not sure we will see much for AoS before Christmas beyond Kruelboyz, stormcast and the chaos Tome. Skaven would be great and they are due some new models but isn't the rumour for Maggotkin first?

Maggotkin is rumoured and is the oldest so makes sense. I just hope when the Chaos tome drops we at least get teases for the next Battletome waves. 

7 hours ago, SpectralHunter said:

I am half hoping for a BOC or a Chaos dwarves book as if they do Skaven then they will need a massive line refresh. If they do Skaven though I hope they give some more different Eshin specific units. maybe an Eshin sorcerer or an Eshin equivalent to a rat ogre.

Whitefang did suggest several pages back (with text and not reactions) that skaven was coming at some point and insinuated it was eshin.. I suspect even if they did focus on eshin they'd take the opportunity to do a few other kits, similar to the ork release we are seeing right now..  I think skaven and seraphon are so popular, so fantasy and uniquely GW that hopefully they will do them justice.  Kroak is a really good sign for seraphon IMO. I expect he was not designed in isolation. 

• Like 7

20 minutes ago, Sowoky said:

Whitefang did suggest several pages back (with text and not reactions) that skaven was coming at some point and insinuated it was eshin.. I suspect even if they did focus on eshin they'd take the opportunity to do a few other kits, similar to the ork release we are seeing right now..  I think skaven and seraphon are so popular, so fantasy and uniquely GW that hopefully they will do them justice.  Kroak is a really good sign for seraphon IMO. I expect he was not designed in isolation. 

About damn time. 😎

50 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

Maggotkin is rumoured and is the oldest so makes sense. I just hope when the Chaos tome drops we at least get teases for the next Battletome waves. 

Yeah it would be great if we got a roadmap for the next few. There are lots of candidates for the next tomes but I've no idea what might be coming when - personally eager to see new Dwarfs and Kurnothi, Chaos dwarfs are rumoured and I could see Skaven/Seraphon/BOC getting updates this edition. I'd say Dawnbringer Crusades to update CoS are likely as well and probably forgetting a few.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, silverstu said:

I'd say Dawnbringer Crusades to update CoS are likely as well and probably forgetting a few.

Reading the core book, by how much they talk about "dawnbringer crusades", a term they never used before and have retroactively applied to happening ever since the realmgate wars, they've gotta have more planned than some terrain...

29 minutes ago, Sowoky said:

Reading the core book, by how much they talk about "dawnbringer crusades", a term they never used before and have retroactively applied to happening ever since the realmgate wars, they've gotta have more planned than some terrain...

Dawnbringer Crusades are represented in terrain for now. I expect future CoS expansions to include „Dawners“ as a playable subfaction with an expansion on flagellants/devoted and a new kit or two.

2 hours ago, Sowoky said:

Some units would come and others would be squatted.

TBF if GW where to go back to Roadmaps, it just be here is the next 3 tomes and their GA (Order, Destruction, Death) and three vague pictures to go off of. so it still be a guessing game of which army is coming out, but at least it something

though i am not sure if GW are hesitant to go back to roadmaps considering that they got of schedule in 40k and stoped doing it.

4 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

I'm starving for some new Rumours!! 

We all are my liege, You for Mawtribes(also while we're discussing ogres, has anyone summoned an ogre camp in Total War yet?), me for Chaos Dwarfs and Bears(Kislev). @Neverchosen is praying for new Slaves to Darkness stuff, @MitGas is waiting for the TKsons portion of the new box set to drop, and we're all waiting to see the rest of the Kruleboyz and Stormcast be previewed so we can collectivley praise and b!t(h the new designs. It's been a rough week, but here's hoping it will get better.

Edited by Loyal Son of Khemri
  • LOVE IT! 2

11 hours ago, SpectralHunter said:

I am half hoping for a BOC or a Chaos dwarves book as if they do Skaven then they will need a massive line refresh.

Chaos Dwarves vs. Skaven…

enough of this monster magic mayhem, let’s build some rockets, cannons and crazy machines and see who invents the fines boom for your buck 

😈👍

Legions for the win

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Loyal Son of Khemri said:

We all are my liege, You for Mawtribes(also while we're discussing ogres, has anyone summoned an ogre camp in Total War yet?), me for Chaos Dwarfs and Bears(Kislev). @Neverchosen is praying for new Slaves to Darkness stuff, @MitGas is waiting for the TKsons portion of the new box set to drop, and we're all waiting to see the rest of the Kruleboyz and Stormcast be previewed so we can collectivley praise and b!t(h the new designs. It's been a rough week, but here's hoping it will get better.

I'm waiting more for Tzeentch Mortals actually. 1k Sons got pretty much everything they need anyways. 😍

5 minutes ago, PrimeElectrid said:

That’s actually sooner than I expected. So release July 31st.

Are we thinking SCE & OWC the week after that (August 7th)?

I think they just want to release starter set out, so the general public can buy cheaper options once Dominon is gone, they did the same thing with 40K where the starter set where roll out after Indomitus but the codices still didn't come out until September.

it really depends on when they officially reveal the rest of the SCE/ Kruleboyz model and then at best it probably two weeks after that when they announce the preorder weekend.

Edited by novakai

28 minutes ago, PrimeElectrid said:

That’s actually sooner than I expected. So release July 31st.

Are we thinking SCE & OWC the week after that (August 7th)?

There was any preview announcement on the page? I doubt they will announce the tomes without revealing the last models.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Arzalyn said:

There was any preview announcement on the page? I doubt they will announce the tomes without revealing the last models.

From time they announce preorder they have a week or so to reveal the last models before the books start hitting retailers. I don't see why they need to reveal the models before the "preorder announcement"(2 weeks before it's on sale)

8 hours ago, edmc78 said:

I disagree. I think AoS/Stormcast have far more in common with Warcraft/Warmahorde's art style than Warhammer Fantasy ever did. Both of those IP use bright, colourful, hugely proportioned figures who harken back to knightly designs, but never quite imitate them directly the way something like Gothic-style Knights did, or Greatswords did with more grounded, gritty faux-historical designs. 

This or this.

Looks more like this or this.

Than this or this.

Compared to most IPs, gritty/grungy Stormcast in more knightly attire would look less generic than the popular Warcraft IP imo. It's like when people say "Tolkien-esq fantasy is generic" what they actually mean is "Forgotten Realms-esq fantasy is generic."

Edited by Clan's Cynic
  • Like 8
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Sowoky said:

From time they announce preorder they have a week or so to reveal the last models before the books start hitting retailers. I don't see why they need to reveal the models before the "preorder announcement"(2 weeks before it's on sale)

isn't that because Preorder Announcement usually have all products listed that goes on Preorder the next week.

they have traditionally reveal everything before influencer get their early book copies to review on their youtube channels and spoil everything to the public

• Like 1

On 7/15/2021 at 3:51 PM, KingBrodd said:

This is a rumour I have heard. That GW wants to rid itself of the metal as soon as possible, not sure on resin and turn them into plastic. Skaven and BOC have quite a lot of metal. 

GW's priority of phasing out resin/metal in AoS seems to favor major "face" characters and keystone heroes.

Using the BoC example, I could see them replacing the Beastlord since he is necessary to how the army functions, or giving someone like Ghosteater or Morghur a model, but I don't see the Shaggoth or Cockatrice being replaced since the aren't important (relative to the scope of the whole army).