The Rumour Thread

2 hours ago, Makyou said:

What could it be????

Screenshot_20210713-190558_Facebook.jpg

From the FB page someone commented with this image:

217393400_10158746657473375_257764017563

So it seems that it may hint something related to those new draconith for the stormcast, or something for the duardin. But I feel it's the first.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Murder Pancake said:

I certainly hope it's not a giant, wierd Sigmar face. I'm already carving all of them off my dominion units as it is.

You're carving off WHAT ? ...

Please remain at your current location, the Order of Azyr is on its way for a few.... hobby questions...

• Like 2
  • Haha 14

17 minutes ago, HorticulusTGA said:

You're carving off WHAT ? ...

Please remain at your current location, the Order of Azyr is on its way for a few.... hobby questions...

Sure thing, just let me hide all of these screamers in the back room real quick. 

In all seriousness though, not a fan and trying for some grimdark hullabaloo. So far I have them off the pauldrons and some of the shields so i can do shredded cloth and fail at freehand, and replaced the flag on the vexillor with a less impressive one. Not sure what I will do if this rumor engine is something like a throne or a chair for a mounted unit.

• Like 3

Looking at it a couple times, no matter how much I want it to be, I don't think it's seraphon. I've built quite a few of their models and no where do they have any form of rivets like that. Sure, they could get them as a part of larger visual overhaul.

I'd say it isn't stormcast either. Once again, it's not clean/new-looking enough to be them. They do have these type of small rivets in a couple places, but the cut/tear in the metal isn't their style. Similarly, I'd expect more refined craftsmanship from Grungni's duardin.

Generally, I think it's not an order race. Imo it's either chorfs (especially now that I looked at my hobgrots - their armour, which comes from chorfs, indeed has rivets and is quite battered. Another possibility that comes to my mind is ogors, but that could be just me wanting KingBrodd to be happy lol

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

12 minutes ago, GenericEdgyName said:

Looking at it a couple times, no matter how much I want it to be, I don't think it's seraphon. I've built quite a few of their models and no where do they have any form of rivets like that. Sure, they could get them as a part of larger visual overhaul.

I'd say it isn't stormcast either. Once again, it's not clean/new-looking enough to be them. They do have these type of small rivets in a couple places, but the cut/tear in the metal isn't their style. Similarly, I'd expect more refined craftsmanship from Grungni's duardin.

Generally, I think it's not an order race. Imo it's either chorfs (especially now that I looked at my hobgrots - their armour, which comes from chorfs, indeed has rivets and is quite battered. Another possibility that comes to my mind is ogors, but that could be just me wanting KingBrodd to be happy lol

In all seriousness thanks mate!! I'd love for it to be Ogors but unfortunately, for me at least, it looks either Duardin of some kind or Order.

giphy.gif

• Haha 3

9 minutes ago, GenericEdgyName said:

8 hours ago, Makyou said:

What could it be????

Screenshot_20210713-190558_Facebook.jpg

5 hours ago, sandlemad said:

HASHUT LIVES

HASHUT LIVES

H̸̗̀Ạ̷̊S̴̺̄H̶̢̿U̶̼͐T̸̪̈ ̴̰͂L̵̳̀I̴̮͐V̸̙̓E̷̻̽S̷͖͐

Ḩ̷́̽͒̔͊͗́̅̀̌̌̕A̴̡̛̲̺͉̲̬͈̣͒́͐̇̍͛͂͐̐͊̾̐͂̊̅͋͠S̴̢̨̬͓̠̘͙̙̱͉̖͓̝̥̰̮̈́̄̒̈́̈́̉͐̈́̌͆͝Ĥ̸̘̹͕̖͕̗̤̟͍͗̽͆̈̔̊̇͆̿͝͝Ȗ̸̼̬͙͚͓͎̘̱͔̼̯̤̈͒̃̃̓̏͊̒̆͌̆͗͗̚͘͠ͅT̴̢͉̮̭̝̙̝̞̝̜̞͔̄͗̓̽̊͒̓̀̾͠͝͠ͅ ̵̼͕̎́̂͊̏͐͊͘͝͝L̵̯̻͓̞͗̅͂͑̈̃̿̌Į̵͇͚̪͉̘̈́̀̄̽̀̂̑́́̑̕͝ͅV̶̧̪̺͙̤̫̖̮̖̭̽̂͂̈́̌̂̄̂̐͋͊̀̂̚͝͠͝Ḙ̶̢̡̨̨̧̡̟̼͓̭̳̦̖̹̣̆͂̃͂̈̚͜͠͝Š̷͉̪

972577964_Screenshot2021-07-13at14_16_43.png.4df16c259656fb080ff7b5bce139700d.png

I agree with @GenericEdgyName in that it is something Chaos Dwarfs related(especially since we can see what appear to be horns curling underneath it), but as to what unit it is a part of? well now we've entered the realm of speculation. 

I honestly want the new line to be capture a Persian/Middle Eastern feel in contrast to both the rest of the dwarf models and most of Chaos(Slaanesh and Tzeentch are the exemptions, just ask @Enoby and @MitGas). Bring me Shedu and Lammasu riding sorcerer kings, Zulfiqar wielding bull centaurs, and by god some form of Ifreet bound to Hashut. If any of my predictions are correct then I think it's the Shedu/Lammasu one, as it looks like a headdress on a pair of horns. 

And if it turns out to be Mawtribes, then let it be something related to Beastclaw Raiders or the Firebelly. I'm pretty sure @KingBrodd would be happy with that.

• Like 5
  • LOVE IT! 1

i am not sure its chaos dwarf since looking at the Hobgrot armor it has those iron nubs and spikes.

and i don't think the rumor engine is spiky enough and it seem more clean look then Crude which i would expect from Chorfs

Edit: Not Assyrian enough i guess

Edited by novakai

15 minutes ago, novakai said:

i am not sure its chaos dwarf since looking at the Hobgrot armor it has those iron nubs and spikes.

and i don't think the rumor engine is spiky enough and it seem more clean look then Crude which i would expect from Chorfs

Edit: Not Assyrian enough i guess

To be fair, the hobgrots are equipped with their absolute garbage armor(still better then any human smith(much less a Greenskin one) could make).

As far of TOW goes, after reading the rumors and theories:

1. I don't think they will give rules for ALL the WHFB units. They've stopped producing most of those and while I guess it's possible (unlikely) they may bring a couple of select kits or a faction back, they certainly aren't going to start producing that whole range again!  And they've indicated (at least with AoS) they don't want to put rules for models you can't currently buy.  You can play WHFB with your old minis, or you can play AOS with legends rules. There's no need for a 3rd ruleset for those old models... 

2. I don't think they can or want to avoid "AoS" models completely.  First because, most of those kits came from the old world, so why would they?! And a lot of the newer models for those armies are just updated versions or additional models that don't necessarily clash.  I have noticed that many recent releases in AoS have not been as "far out" AOS fantasy as, say, KO or Idoneth, but instead more classic, toned down fantasy like Lumineth (minus giant cow man) or Vampires. 

if 30k is 5% as popular as 40k, and AoS is 25-50% as popular as 40k (i just made up these numbers) then GW knows they can't get away with creating an entire new range of miniatures for TOW, so I think some strategic reuse of AOS kits where it matches the aesthetic (particularly where the AOS minis are designed with TOW in mind!) is probably their plan.  But we shall see! 

1 hour ago, Loyal Son of Khemri said:

I agree with @GenericEdgyName in that it is something Chaos Dwarfs related(especially since we can see what appear to be horns curling underneath it), but as to what unit it is a part of? well now we've entered the realm of speculation. 

I honestly want the new line to be capture a Persian/Middle Eastern feel in contrast to both the rest of the dwarf models and most of Chaos(Slaanesh and Tzeentch are the exemptions, just ask @Enoby and @MitGas). Bring me Shedu and Lammasu riding sorcerer kings, Zulfiqar wielding bull centaurs, and by god some form of Ifreet bound to Hashut. If any of my predictions are correct then I think it's the Shedu/Lammasu one, as it looks like a headdress on a pair of horns. 

And if it turns out to be Mawtribes, then let it be something related to Beastclaw Raiders or the Firebelly. I'm pretty sure @KingBrodd would be happy with that.

Thanks mate!! I too hope for your sake it's the Chaos Duardin you are hoping for.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Loyal Son of Khemri said:

I really, really hope (happy bird noises) that whatever they're doing, it will do the CDs and fans expectations justice. I've always liked the older designs (more than the somewhat generic FW stuff too TBH).

Personally I do hope that they manage to create their very own look out of the design language they already had and steer away from too many throwbacks to babylonian design but I'm very optimistic there as CD already were more than that. Kinda like I don't want Tzeentch to lean too much into the egyptian aesthetic - it works for 1k Sons but doesn't really feel fitting for general Tzeentch (IMO they should be knightly Mysterio-esque guys). It's always coolest when they mix and match different styles instead of going for one obvious historical reference as their "sole thing". 

Anyways, keeping my fingers crossed. But with a bit of luck, this edition will introduce/reinvent/update some very cool races. Duardin, rats, lizardmen, maybe even dragons, beastmen, Malerion.... that is promising.

And I'm in a kill team fever too.

Only thing missing now is a remake of the guys that are truly egyptian - Tombkings! I find it a bit of a missed chance that OBR didn't reference those more as the general theme wouldn't be too bad for that and they could've made a cool fusion out of what we got and TKs.

Oh, I'm writing too much, sorry, that's what you get for dropping my name!

• LOVE IT! 1

For the rumour engine, at first glance, I saw the silhouette and thought seraphon, but as soon as I looked closer I could see that it isn't. What looked like feathers are actually blades. It is made of riveted metal plates, which lizzies don't use. If it were a triceratops head then i wouldn't expect tusk like spurs at the sides. The workmanship is also far too crude. Seraphon designs are all solid stone with geometric patterns in bass relief. Metal takes the form of gold plaques and squares set into the stone design. It may be cracked and weathered, often overgrown. However it is never rough or crude. Which this is.

i think that chaos dwarfs are possible. Its hard to tell as they have had so many dIfferent aesthetics over the years. This doesn't match the ornate and ritualistic grandeur of classic big hat chaos dwarfs. Their iconography was all sharp arrows and clean lines. However, that hasn't been the dominant look for them since the Hell cannon, which is all about jagged beaten metal plates. The legion of azgirh models are covered with rivets, and their banners have the same idea of being made from riveted rough plates. The design has a bit of a look of a dwarven ancestor gid face, but cruder and less ornate. If the spurs at the sides are tusks then that could also fit, since that is the chaos dwarfs most common mutation.

So as someone who has painted almost all Lizardman and Chaos Dwarf sculpts ever over the years, I'm coming down strongly on the CD side! It also has echoes of some of the warcry chaos architecture, maybe. 

Could be some thing completely different like a new gang for necromunda though you can never tell.

as for TOW and cross compatibility, I think its telling that Lumineth and vampires have both had two distinct components to their army. Both have a block of core troops which update classic units, and wouldn't look out of place in the old world. Then both have some weird and wacky stuff to give them the AoS flare. Leave those model s aside though, and you have High Elves and Vampire Counts. All TOW needs to do is release a few hero figures and they have a functional army by cherry picking the appropriate bits of the AoS range. 

As things stand I reckon you could field Empire, High Elves, Dark Elves, Lizardmen, Ogre Kingdoms, Vampire Counts, Skaven, Beastmen, Warriors and Demons of Chaos, and Night goblins without too much trouble.

If a dispossessed update is coming soon that would sort out Dwarfs, and then really you only need a handful of factions to get the lumineth treatment before you are there.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1