The Rumour Thread

Played another game today with my brother with our dominion box. We both have pretty much house ruled out the double turn haha, but we’re still having heaps of fun.

Even though it isn’t the best game by any means, there’s just something very characterful and fun about AoS. And 3rd Ed with the new models are so far great.

My only gripe now really is Mortal Wounds continuing their prevalence. Otherwise I’m so freaking ready for the full Kruleboyz release. Me and my bro are mad keen to begin our Path to Glory campaign. 

Edited by Tiberius501
  • Like 12
  • Sad 1

10 minutes ago, Tiberius501 said:

My only gripe now really is Mortal Wounds continuing their prevalence. 

The generic artifacts include a 5+ ward. Seems better than a lot of what's in older battletomes, so I'm hopeful new battletomes will have additional defensive artifacts for heros just as good.  Doesn't help your troops tho... 

• Like 1

I have to say, I'm really enjoying 3rd edition so far. Only had a couple of games but it feels much more involved. I like the new command point system a lot, although I would like to see new battletomes unleashing some more characterful reactive abilities for specific units rather than everyone spamming all-out-attack/defence every turn. 

I can't find fault with the models (shamelessly reposting my Skyrim-inspired Kruleboyz) which has always been the biggest draw for me, but now I'm finding the game system more engaging, I feel busier and my heroes feel more impactful which creates some really cool narratives within battles which is something I always loved. Loving my hobby at the moment.

Krule.PNG

• Like 20
  • LOVE IT! 16

1 hour ago, NorthernNurgling said:

I have to say, I'm really enjoying 3rd edition so far. Only had a couple of games but it feels much more involved. I like the new command point system a lot, although I would like to see new battletomes unleashing some more characterful reactive abilities for specific units rather than everyone spamming all-out-attack/defence every turn. 

I can't find fault with the models (shamelessly reposting my Skyrim-inspired Kruleboyz) which has always been the biggest draw for me, but now I'm finding the game system more engaging, I feel busier and my heroes feel more impactful which creates some really cool narratives within battles which is something I always loved. Loving my hobby at the moment.

Krule.PNG

This is gorgeous!! Are they Falmer inspired?

i have a feeling the rest of the SCE and Kruleboyz are going to be release around the same time as the Warhammer Plus app (and the Beta Sigmar app) since it seems they are really focus on that service and really want all the stuff on it at launch.

wouldn't be surprise they pull an Orktober and preorder was the last possible week in August

13 minutes ago, novakai said:

i have a feeling the rest of the SCE and Kruleboyz are going to be release around the same time as the Warhammer Plus app (and the Beta Sigmar app) since it seems they are really focus on that service and really want all the stuff on it at launch.

wouldn't be surprise they pull an Orktober and preorder was the last possible week in August

Yeah i agree. It looks like a slow July is ahead

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, JustAsPlanned said:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2021/07/11/sunday-preview-launch-your-beast-snagga-waaagh-next-week/

As expected, it’s just the Beast Snagga box. I reckon if you’re skilled enough at conversion, it might be worth picking this up if you want a load of Ironjawz/Bonesplitterzto go with the KB.

I think a couple of the heroes would work well as kitbashes, but not enough to warrant buying the whole kit. 

Certainly I could see Zodgrodd Wartsnagga making a nice shaman from chamon or that had been modified by some evil dwarves. 

57 minutes ago, novakai said:

💯 

If it was going to release in August they’d have said so. The fact they just said available for order is pretty much confirmation that it’s September.

11 hours ago, Feii said:

even many new 30k HH sculpts are labelled as no longer available atm. they are making internal changes at FW arent they? 

FW confirmed the stocktake they're doing and changing numbers over means things are flagging as No Longer Available on the system that're just temporarily OOS.

The dkok dudes could work as Handgunners in Greywater Fastness. Love the orcs, but AoS's swamp orcs are better (except for their faction name). Could work instead of boars though, if you want to have a touch more squig in your army.

Edited by zilberfrid

1 hour ago, Clan's Cynic said:

FW confirmed the stocktake they're doing and changing numbers over means things are flagging as No Longer Available on the system that're just temporarily OOS.

There's also the issue that apparently there's an error on the system that can cause out of stock to get miss shown as sold out. It's likely been there for ages ,but its only in the last year or so that we've regularly drained FW's stock enough to spot it. That said there are also some things vanishing here and there too. Which is always a pain because its rare for GW/FW to be up front and inform us when things are vanishing or when they've gone. You just sort of wake up and its gone. Like how many were taken by surprise that Balewind Vortex was now gone from the game because the model vanished sometime last year from sale; but there was no real notice about it.

It's one annoying thing - its a pain to lose models; its even more when its a "stealth" loss.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, SunStorm said:

I think a couple of the heroes would work well as kitbashes, but not enough to warrant buying the whole kit. 

Certainly I could see Zodgrodd Wartsnagga making a nice shaman from chamon or that had been modified by some evil dwarves. 

I agree, gonna get a box myself to turn to chamon themed ironjawz.

gonna get this guy to represent a mega boss with metalrippers-claw (going to remove his "hair" and squig-gun tho:
mrcfEA2DYl7DmLMY.jpg.5d69a403e399614628edb9f822d43fb0.jpgalso going to get the squig hero twice for both his versions so I can make 2x3 squiggrunta units from the box.

add some of the kruleboy shields from dominion to the boys to make some good looking ardboyz(couldn't find a good screenshot of a normal beastboy):
krulejawz.png.5d0d0af892d934311271727485ebcd7c.png

Edited by Warfiend
  • Like 6
  • LOVE IT! 2

4 hours ago, PrimeElectrid said:

💯

If it was going to release in August they’d have said so. The fact they just said available for order is pretty much confirmation that it’s September.

Not necessarily. When GW announces a date it's always the pre-order date. They said the Kill Team box is coming in August too but that also means pre-order. 

My guess is that we'll see Beast Snaggas, Sisters part 2 and aeronautica in the next three weeks then we'll have a multi week AoS pre-order in August perhaps separated by Kill Team.

7 hours ago, Overread said:

There's also the issue that apparently there's an error on the system that can cause out of stock to get miss shown as sold out. It's likely been there for ages ,but its only in the last year or so that we've regularly drained FW's stock enough to spot it. That said there are also some things vanishing here and there too. Which is always a pain because its rare for GW/FW to be up front and inform us when things are vanishing or when they've gone. You just sort of wake up and its gone. Like how many were taken by surprise that Balewind Vortex was now gone from the game because the model vanished sometime last year from sale; but there was no real notice about it.

It's one annoying thing - its a pain to lose models; its even more when its a "stealth" loss.

We have also seen intentional hiding of "no longer available" on the main site (Warpriest on altar in US in the culling of 2019). It might be a bug, but on FW it neatly slots into never giving information hen stuff will be dumped, so you can dupe customers into buying stuff that isn't supported, which is especially prevalent for Forgeworld AoS.

Edited by zilberfrid

43 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

I wonder if GW will speed up the rate Battletomes are released. I thought we would get one every 2 months so I crunched the numbers, (2 × 24, Zoggin Big Brainz ova 'ere!!) And that would put us well over 3 years before every Faction is updated.

The October battletome will be the 7th of the year. One more in November or December makes 8 for this year which is perfect timing to do every battletome in 3 years. 

34 minutes ago, Chikout said:

The October battletome will be the 7th of the year. One more in November or December makes 8 for this year which is perfect timing to do every battletome in 3 years. 

Oh snap this is my first time at the start of an Edition for AOS, which tomes will count as 'Made for 3.0'?