The Rumour Thread

anyone heard anything about what's happening with the Soul Wars exclusive models now those boxes are on the way out?

You've got the mounted Lord Arcanum, Knight Incantor, mounted Knight of Shrouds and Guardian of Souls that never got solo releases. Those two nighthaunt models are on the same sprue I think, the mounted Lord Arcanum has a random Evocator on theirs I think.

there aren't Sacrosanct or Nighthaunt Start Collecting boxes so could see those turn up at some point maybe 

• Like 4

We hope that GW learned from Island of Blood and those models will turn up in a starter set/boxed set or otherwise get sold on their own from now on. At least that is the expectation and hope. 

Also interesting to note that this months free(?) model is uniquely sculpted and not just a regular model pack split down. So that's bound ot be way more popular than in the past where it was just a regular warrior model from a box. Makes me wonder if there will be others coming (and slightly sad cause Slaanesh and DoK have both had their month so if this is a chance those armies won't see anything new in that line fo raaaaaaaaaaaaaages)

7 minutes ago, Overread said:

We hope that GW learned from Island of Blood and those models will turn up in a starter set/boxed set or otherwise get sold on their own from now on. At least that is the expectation and hope. 

Also interesting to note that this months free(?) model is uniquely sculpted and not just a regular model pack split down. So that's bound ot be way more popular than in the past where it was just a regular warrior model from a box. Makes me wonder if there will be others coming (and slightly sad cause Slaanesh and DoK have both had their month so if this is a chance those armies won't see anything new in that line fo raaaaaaaaaaaaaages)

When aos released they also had a “unique” stormcast model on a single sprue, got one from my flgs back then. I said “unique” because it’s probably the plainest liberator in existence.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Beliman said:

Completely. I already made a test to prove that: I passed that conversion to some whatsapp groups (previously removing Warhammer Community's logo). All praised that "generic pike-men" and asked to know the company behind it.

What a surprise when they discovered it was a Stormcast Eternal...

I like it far better. But then again, I like my gooffiness tempered with a high dose of sobre design.

56 minutes ago, JPjr said:

anyone heard anything about what's happening with the Soul Wars exclusive models now those boxes are on the way out?

You've got the mounted Lord Arcanum, Knight Incantor, mounted Knight of Shrouds and Guardian of Souls that never got solo releases. Those two nighthaunt models are on the same sprue I think, the mounted Lord Arcanum has a random Evocator on theirs I think.

there aren't Sacrosanct or Nighthaunt Start Collecting boxes so could see those turn up at some point maybe 

I suspect that they may get released as start collecting sets to tie in with a new Nighthaunt battletome at somepoint.

10 hours ago, Megaboss Badgash said:

Still WIP and not sure if someone already did this but 'ere you go...

Grot, savage, kruleboy, Ardboy, brute, lullabies, megaboss....waaagghhh!!! 

IMG_20210707_204324.jpg

Love the color scheme you chose, the Orange goes surprisingly well with the iron, black, and pink undertones. Some people have mentioned the striking differences between the orruks; imo savage orruks and ‘ardboyz are can use a re-sculpt, but the newer megaboss and brutes look pretty good. 

My favorite is easily the Kruelboy Killaboss on foot with the shield. The model feels and looks great, and doesn’t seem over burdened with the high fantasy design that GW has mostly released. I’m not so much a fan of the smaller Gutrippas; their too plain for my taste, but to each their own. I prefer the more armored, elite look of the Killaboss. My fingers are crossed that GW releases the equivalent of Nobz for these guys, the bigger and more elite variants for Kruelboyz to take.

Speaking of which, has anyone heard any rumors regarding anymore Kruelboyz releases? A month ago I heard that there was going to be some sort of calvary option, and GW has heavily hinted at the release of some flying bat/wyvern unit. 

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, MitGas said:

And I really don't want these super guys to lead the whole factions. Let them do their own thing, be really important, but the current storytelling trend with only the "big guys" doing stuff is precisely what I don't like - there needs to be room for your "own guys" to shine. I found the narrative of some old Imperial leader holding out against hope against some threat more engaging than "old ribitty frog and clownish aelf do stuff together.... and skeletor and tryhard Archaon got bamboozled again!".

It should be something truly special to see these uber-figures in the lore or on the battlefield. But well to each their own.

The reason I choose these specific figures was not to lead the whole faction but to work as mortal emissaries of their respective gods. I liked the idea of seeing the various champions as sort of iconic representatives of the aspects of the gods and not to be on the level of a 'Primarch' or God. However, it was a long winded ramble about how I think your idea of Egrimm van Horstmann is a great way to bring back two of the coolest chaos champions of all time. I personally would not likely run any of them as I typically do not use named characters but I like the idea of them existing as they typically have amazing models that can be proxied for more generic styled heroes. I was really excited for Be'Lakor as he is a cool character with a fantastic model and I could proxy him for a greater demon or even Archaon in a pinch. But I still did not purchase him as it is a relatively expensive model for me and I can wait for a character and most of the time will be run as a regular demon prince and I already have a regular demon prince. 

However, my wish listing was mostly set up for the final paragraph in which I stated that I have sadly seen very few chaos related rumours.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AngryPanda said:

Love the color scheme you chose, the Orange goes surprisingly well with the iron, black, and pink undertones. Some people have mentioned the striking differences between the orruks; imo savage orruks and ‘ardboyz are can use a re-sculpt, but the newer megaboss and brutes look pretty good. 

My favorite is easily the Kruelboy Killaboss on foot with the shield. The model feels and looks great, and doesn’t seem over burdened with the high fantasy design that GW has mostly released. I’m not so much a fan of the smaller Gutrippas; their too plain for my taste, but to each their own. I prefer the more armored, elite look of the Killaboss. My fingers are crossed that GW releases the equivalent of Nobz for these guys, the bigger and more elite variants for Kruelboyz to take.

Speaking of which, has anyone heard any rumors regarding anymore Kruelboyz releases? A month ago I heard that there was going to be some sort of calvary option, and GW has heavily hinted at the release of some flying bat/wyvern unit. 

The Wyvern type creature was recently mentioned in the BR short Kunnin. 

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2021/07/05/broken-realms-fiction-kunnin/

In the last Preview they also stated there would be more for the Kruelboyz so I'm expecting an Online Preview the weekend before they go up for Pre Order in August.

We should see the Mouth of Mork/Generic build there alongside hopefully the rumoured Cavlary option. 

• LOVE IT! 1

36 minutes ago, Neverchosen said:

The reason I choose these specific figures was not to lead the whole faction but to work as mortal emissaries of their respective gods. I liked the idea of seeing the various champions as sort of iconic representatives of the aspects of the gods and not to be on the level of a 'Primarch' or God. However, it was a long winded ramble about how I think your idea of Egrimm van Horstmann is a great way to bring back two of the coolest chaos champions of all time. I personally would not likely run any of them as I typically do not use named characters but I like the idea of them existing as they typically have amazing models that can be proxied for more generic styled heroes. I was really excited for Be'Lakor as he is a cool character with a fantastic model and I could proxy him for a greater demon or even Archaon in a pinch. But I still did not purchase him as it is a relatively expensive model for me and I can wait for a character and most of the time will be run as a regular demon prince and I already have a regular demon prince. 

However, my wish listing was mostly set up for the final paragraph in which I stated that I have sadly seen very few chaos related rumours.

Guess the only big releases we can always count on are SCE (the new ones do look great though) and Lumineth (surely there‘ll be a gigantic Tyrion release)… 🙈

I like your list (not sure Aekold needs wings, the dude got the Wind Blade after all that lets him fly… plus the thought of him swirling that huge piece of ****** sword around flying off like Inspector Gadget beats wings anyways, it‘s hilarious) and I do enjoy heroes - I just don‘t like those super-heroes/half gods/whatever else you wanna call them that more or less are the personified factions themselves. I like them as part of epic battles but if every battle is of titanic proportions and they‘re everywhere, none are. I might lack the right words to convey my point but I‘m sure you‘ll understand. 

Ideally we‘ll see all around updates to existing factions (especially those that pretty much got nothing so far) and get the last few missing key players done… if Chaos (outside of Beastmen and Skaven - they deswrve some love!) gets a few cool kits, that would be nice indeed, even if it‘s not a priority.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just to note, if I'm correct, Morghur has been stated in Age of Sigmar as a minor Chaos God, so maybe an "avatar" of him would be a realistic option.

At this point I just want the next wave of BoC to be full-on mutation and chaos spawn themed ^^'

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 3

13 hours ago, Megaboss Badgash said:

Still WIP and not sure if someone already did this but 'ere you go...

Grot, savage, kruleboy, Ardboy, brute, lullabies, megaboss....waaagghhh!!! 

IMG_20210707_204324.jpg

Unbelievable how much better these models look together painted in the same scheme. Amazing job my guy! Waaagggghhhhhh

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, HollowHills said:

Aren't Lumineth meant to get a dragon at some point? It seemed like Tyrion would have a dragon with him just like Teclis has his weird cat waifu. 

I'm not ready for round 3 for Lumineth! Let my wallet rest! Wouldn't be shocked if gw released a new battletome though...

5 hours ago, JPjr said:

Haven't heard anything, but in 40k they've just started releasing the starter box sprues even though they have the awkward contents. For example the poxwalkers box they just released a few months ago still has a half a plague marine on it from the 8th edition starter. They've also released the indomitus specific models as grouped kits. The Necron one has the skorpekh lord, plasmancer, cryptothralls and reanimator while the marine one has the chaplain, judicator, bladeguard ancient, bladeguard, and eradicators. I wouldn't be surprised to see them do the same thing in AoS, easier to sell the awkward bonus models/parts than it is to do a fresh sculpt for all the heroes. Honestly after all these years I'm really surprised they're still making the same mistakes when they create the boxes in the first place.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Grimrock said:

Haven't heard anything, but in 40k they've just started releasing the starter box sprues even though they have the awkward contents. For example the poxwalkers box they just released a few months ago still has a half a plague marine on it from the 8th edition starter. They've also released the indomitus specific models as grouped kits. The Necron one has the skorpekh lord, plasmancer, cryptothralls and reanimator while the marine one has the chaplain, judicator, bladeguard ancient, bladeguard, and eradicators. I wouldn't be surprised to see them do the same thing in AoS, easier to sell the awkward bonus models/parts than it is to do a fresh sculpt for all the heroes. Honestly after all these years I'm really surprised they're still making the same mistakes when they create the boxes in the first place.

Not to mention they just released Radukar the Wolf and the Cursed City gang for AoS. I think chances are good that we will see other box-exclusive models released online in the same way, as well.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, AlmGandix3 said:

I'm still hoping for my bonesplitterz wyverns, especially with this picture in the core book but I'm probably reading too much into it

IMG-20210708-WA0000.jpeg.3587b91540b1653bf934c6e40c2dcc8a.jpeg

It would be really cool if the mouth of mork is a reincarnation of wurrzag dancing on top of a big feathery wyvern

• Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 2