The Rumour Thread

If we wishlist Ogors, I'd love to bring back some Stonehorn Riders for BCR. As much as I love 'entire range in a SC! box', I want more chonky boys on farm animals.

I'm wondering if the Not-Updated-Dracoths will mean a Not-Star-Drake? 

I like the Star Drake. Tbh, one of the better centrepieces GW have made imo. It'd be weird to see how to improve on a pretty solid dragon.

• Confused 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

I'd love it if GW followed up "every one gets a Giant" with "every one gets a Dragon" 😁 And Dragons as a young race finding there place in the realms would be an interesting twist. But they are probably gonna be Stormcast exclusive.

Edited by GBalpha
  • Like 3

25 minutes ago, Raviv said:

The story also mentions one Draconith "in the shadow" or something like that. Malerion dragons?

Is Malerion still part dragon after the Malekith fusion with Seraphon post Apocalypse (the black dragon, not the lizards?

If the plot twist of the dragon egg arc is Dracothion vs Malerion for who gets to adopt the dragon babies I'm in.

5 hours ago, The Red King said:

"All they need is leadership and suitable allies" "sigmarablum..." 

They're gonna bring an entire race of dragons back to just make them ANOTHER expansion to the stormcast model line aren't they. GW is trying very hard to drive me out of AoS the exact same way they did from 40k with space marines. 

Yes stormcast deserved a new book, no they didn't need another chamber's worth of units that has more kits than some armies followed by MORE stormcast.

Think you should chill a bit on the knee ****** reactions my guy.  It was a short story, who knows if and when a number of models are actually being produced.  

Edited by Rhetoric
  • Like 2

Yeeeeessss[/Megatron]... how befitting it would be if there was a nice Chaos Dragon for Tzeentch. How about a new model for the cool version of Archaon? Egrimm Van Horstman on Baudros/Galrauch/unnamed CD. I'd buy 3 kits as I don't wanna use my money for useful stuff anyways! 😎

• Like 1

there is some sway on the short story, like the last one was clearly hinting at the Kruleboyz Mouth of Mork character on a giant vulture. this one could be hinting at the SCE new centerpiece model of some new Dragons for them.

since both of these where release this week, it possibly this is a marketing scheme to hype up the remaining models yet to be reveal

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just be careful with stories. The Daughters of Khaine stories talk of artillery in the form of bolt and flame throwers and yet DoK still have no artillery of their own. There is much told of in stories that is only a dream in the authors mind; or a concept sketch or such that might one day become a model but isn't yet destined too. 

• Like 2

Well I, for one,  am very excited about the possibility of new Stormcast dragons, large and small. The Stardrake is 80% of a great model ruined by some overly bulky armour plates and awkward leg positioning. From this angle it looks great. Screenshot_20210708-080301.png.4e475fb0aa31a16dce424994ed7288d7.png

If we get more dragons that keep this basic shape but add more slimline armour, I will be very happy. 

Of course I can understand that  fans of other races might feel a bit peeved that the Stormcast are getting the attention, but just like last edition, I see them getting 10 or so kits before moving on to the other factions. Unlike 40k we don't have 9 or 10 Stormcast supplements to 'look forward to'. 

Quite simply, I love dragons and if this ends up being the dragon edition with Stormcast dragons, a Malerion/dragon combo, Tyrion riding a dragon and a massive new dragon ogor Shaggoth, I will be over the moon. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

Interesting story about the Seraphon. But if it turns out that Draconith are part of the Stormcast, to me it'll be a missed opportunity to update the Seraphon ranges(Celestial Seraphon with drakes and ancient technology/ Coalescent more savage with dinosaurs).

Also I still don't understand the differences between Stardrakes, Dracoths, Draconiths, etc.. they all came from Dracothion or not ? When did they get their own ways ? AoS dragons' genealogy is a mess to me...

Also also, Kragnos' people and Draconiths fought side by side against Dragon-Ogors ? Or did I misread this part ? 

2 hours ago, Indecisive said:

Plastic-fy

Heroes
-Butcher
-Slaughtermaster
-Firebelly

Units
-Gorgers
-Yhetees
-Frost Sabres

New

Heroes
-Named character
-Gutbuster style centrepiece

Units
-AoS fitting successor to Maneaters

There.
Some meat right there. Rolled in stuff for BCR too because they go together now.

This would be a perfect range update for me.

Globb Glittermaw would fill both the named Character and Centrepiece piece roles within one kit, he is said to be the size of a Gargant. I would assume this would be a Mancrusher sized model. 

A massive Overtyrant Gargant sized Ogor with a mouth full of Realmstone jewels for teeth would be amazing.

• Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

On 7/6/2021 at 6:11 PM, Whitefang said:

We need a hero to paint three subfactions in the same tone, tbh

Then we can truly see the overall effect, the official showcase just doesn’t work.

Still WIP and not sure if someone already did this but 'ere you go...

Grot, savage, kruleboy, Ardboy, brute, lullabies, megaboss....waaagghhh!!! 

IMG_20210707_204324.jpg

• Like 15
  • Thanks 2
  • LOVE IT! 6

3 hours ago, Harioch said:

Interesting story about the Seraphon. But if it turns out that Draconith are part of the Stormcast, to me it'll be a missed opportunity to update the Seraphon ranges(Celestial Seraphon with drakes and ancient technology/ Coalescent more savage with dinosaurs).

Also I still don't understand the differences between Stardrakes, Dracoths, Draconiths, etc.. they all came from Dracothion or not ? When did they get their own ways ? AoS dragons' genealogy is a mess to me...

Also also, Kragnos' people and Draconiths fought side by side against Dragon-Ogors ? Or did I misread this part ? 

from what i remember Dracothion is the progenitor of all of them.

Draconith (the race that Kragnos almost kill off) where also one of his children according to the End of Empire short story

i am guessing that Draconith are more serpentine like dragons judging by some of the Kragnos artwork while Stardrake and Dracoths are more traditional dragons

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, MitGas said:

Yeeeeessss[/Megatron]... how befitting it would be if there was a nice Chaos Dragon for Tzeentch. How about a new model for the cool version of Archaon? Egrimm Van Horstman on Baudros/Galrauch/unnamed CD. I'd buy 3 kits as I don't wanna use my money for useful stuff anyways! 😎

I want each major Chaos faction to have their Sigvald equivalent of a reimagined Old World mortal hero turned into a mighty champion to rein destruction on the realms. I also want a storyline featuring them answering the call of Archaon and taking part in a massive campaign with constant rivalries back stabbing and arguing whose god is the best. Each of these heroes would represent their god within the narrative and lead their forces in the name of their respective faction. Some already have their version of an appropriate equivalent but here is my list, I will also include a secondary choice if I feel the hero I pick might diverge to far from the Sigvald mold.

The Lieutenants of Chaos:

Blades of Khorne: Valkia, reimagined with a plastic kit and slightly more imposing presence. I know she still has a model in AOS but it could do with a refresh like Be'lakor and Kroak. She could be designed to be a rival of Sigvald and posed in a way to showcase their similarities and differences. I also think visually she would help diversify the mortal side of the line which is currently different degrees of Conan the Barbarian. As a demon prince she might break from my mortal rule in which case my second choice is Arbaal the Undefeated.

Maggotkin of Nurgle: The Glottkin, this horrifying trio already capture the essence of a Nurgle champion and have a fantastic model to represent the lord of Decay's blessings. The Glottkin are slightly more of a behemoth styled centre piece model (much like Glutos) and as such Feytor the Tainted could be a potential alternative.

Disicples of TzeentchEgrimm Van Horstman on Glaurauch, this is a stroke of genius I always considered the two as alternate builds but to take both characters together would be a great way to show an evolution of these champions. I can imagine the sheer scale and terror inspired by the first chaos dragon taking the field in the mortal realms. I would proxy Horstman and Glaurauch as Archaon and mark my Slaves to Darkness as Tzeentch in a heartbeat if this release took place. Despite being my most vaunted and hoped for champion(s) they fall within the Glottkin styled behemoth centre piece. As such Aekold Helbrass with some additional mutations and avian wings could be a cool Sigvald styled Lieutenant. 

Hedonists of Slaanesh: Sigvald, his return elicited a great deal of excitement and his model is a stunning representation of how the former champions of chaos can be reimagined within the mortal realms and brought to the fore in the narrative. Alongside Valkia and the Glottkin he is one of the champions I am suggesting that has an existing model and gives me hope for this becoming a trend within the hosts of chaos. 

Slaves to DarknessVardek Crom, the herald of Archaon reborn and the mightiest champion of the Lieutenants of Chaos. Quickly rising through the ranks and being brought to the throne of the Everchosen Archaon recognizes the talents and power that could only be the second coming of his most faithful champion and herald. I want to see him returned and as Lord-Commander Bastian Carthalos' rival in rules and model. Much like Guilliman and Abaddon in 40k, I want to see these two models facing one another down in front of a might Stormhost and Horde of Chaos. In terms of a new model I want him to be as terrifying as Varanguard and have rules that greatly benefit Undived marked units. I feel like his classic pose will need to be updated with a Lord Celestant helmet under his boot. 

SkavenThanquol and Boneripper, much like Nurgle and Slaanesh, I feel like Skaven have their champion already. From both the narrative prominence of Thanquol in the world that was to his ongoing presence in AOS I can hardly think of a character more befitting as the face of Skaven and chief Lieutenant of the Great Horned Rat. Despite being a large model I feel like Thanquol and Boneripper, do not run into the same problem presented by Engrimm and the Glottking as due to the looser connection of Skaven to the other Chaos hosts they will not need to be balanced or priced accordingly to their humanoid conterparts. Also, I absolutely love the model and see no reason for an update.

Beast of Chaos: Morghur: I feel of all the unreleased models I have listed this is the most obvious choice to be released. However, much like Thanquol and Boneripper I see Morghur as a much larger model. But once again the loose affiliation with the more humanoid Chaos worshippers places Morghur outside of the more stringent character choices I placed earlier. However, alongside Krakanrok the Black I can see Morghur as a god tier character that goes in a tier beyond my list of champions. As such I feel like Khazrak One-Eye or Gorthor can duke it out to be champion of the beasts. 

Narratively: I would love a black library series in which the champions are all summoned by Archaon to help wage war upon Katakros' forces in the Eightpoints. I would want the novels to be self contained and independent but happen concurrently with each other. Each novel will showcase the cunning and power of the champions while indicating that the stakes of this war are much higher than previously thought as the forces of death have penetrated deeper and deeper towards the Varanspire.  Their duplicitous nature and rivalries will also be on display but above all else their personalities and ideologies will get a chance to be explored in greater depth. Plus I think it would be great to have each novel begin with a war meeting in the Varanspire with the internal monologue of one of the retinue of champions. Whether the Skaven and Beast representatives would feature in that narrative or have their own separate side stories would be up to the authors. I would prefer the idea of two alternate stories as that way order and destruction could also feature into the collected narrative series of the Chaos Champions.

With all of this in mind do we have any specific Chaos related rumours, I know there is talk about Chorfs and possibly an early chaos battletome. There was also that rumour about a dual box of Grots and Beasts from awhile back. However, beyond that the rumours for chaos factions feel particularly slim in these early days of 3.0. I would argue that it is because Chaos seems to be in a good spot but Skaven and Beasts feel like such a natural fit for the setting of Ghur and are both drowning in resin. 

Edited by Neverchosen
  • Like 6
  • Confused 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

6 hours ago, Dreddships said:

Is Malerion still part dragon after the Malekith fusion with Seraphon post Apocalypse (the black dragon, not the lizards?

I followed AoS since day 0 (technically, since early 8th edition) and I've never read any oficial source that said that Malerion was fused with Seraphon. Imho, it was just a fan-made rumor based on that old Malerion pic.

• Like 2

People really seemed to like this conversion in particular from today's article of Dominion stuff.
Sorry GW, people still aren't sold on the masks. Personally I think the ones that look good, like Retributor mask/helmets, are ones where something sits over atleast some of the mask.

Dwwzfed4NnEndnXZ.jpg

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

7 hours ago, Chikout said:

Well I, for one,  am very excited about the possibility of new Stormcast dragons, large and small. The Stardrake is 80% of a great model ruined by some overly bulky armour plates and awkward leg positioning. From this angle it looks great. Screenshot_20210708-080301.png.4e475fb0aa31a16dce424994ed7288d7.png

If we get more dragons that keep this basic shape but add more slimline armour, I will be very happy. 

Of course I can understand that  fans of other races might feel a bit peeved that the Stormcast are getting the attention, but just like last edition, I see them getting 10 or so kits before moving on to the other factions. Unlike 40k we don't have 9 or 10 Stormcast supplements to 'look forward to'. 

Quite simply, I love dragons and if this ends up being the dragon edition with Stormcast dragons, a Malerion/dragon combo, Tyrion riding a dragon and a massive new dragon ogor Shaggoth, I will be over the moon. 

Wait, is this the new dragon? It looks just as fat as the old one.

21 minutes ago, Indecisive said:

People really seemed to like this conversion in particular from today's article of Dominion stuff.
Sorry GW, people still aren't sold on the masks. Personally I think the ones that look good, like Retributor mask/helmets, are ones where something sits over atleast some of the mask.

Dwwzfed4NnEndnXZ.jpg

While I like this guy, I think he's a lot more generic looking than a regular Stormcast. Which is not bad, it's certainly what some people want. But the masks definitely are a stronger, more recognizable aesthetic.

• Like 7

43 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

While I like this guy, I think he's a lot more generic looking than a regular Stormcast. Which is not bad, it's certainly what some people want. But the masks definitely are a stronger, more recognizable aesthetic.

Completely. I already made a test to prove that: I passed that conversion to some whatsapp groups (previously removing Warhammer Community's logo). All praised that "generic pike-men" and asked to know the company behind it.

What a surprise when they discovered it was a Stormcast Eternal...

Edited by Beliman
  • Haha 4