The Rumour Thread

1 hour ago, Chikout said:

I just don't think last minute shoehorning is something gw is capable of. 

People always seem very confident of GW's inner workings despite the veil of secrecy over it all. The last true insider piece I remember reading was from that fellow who was around for the initial launch of AoS. That certainly gave the impression that pivoting on a dime was definitely the MO for GW management at that time, to the determent of their releases.

I've had conversations with people who have worked for or with GW in the past, they're just like every other corporate outfit at the end of the day. Sluggish thanks to their size but occasionally surprisingly agile thanks to their enormous pool of resources.

And the banner looks like a scare shield. It doesn't look like Kragnos. The one on Kragnos' base looks so tacked on if anything that would only make me more convinced it was a last-minute change.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

Turns out he was just out-of-scale all along. Or is this the start of primaris vampires?

I believe the Crimson Court are also really tall… haven‘t seen them in RL yet (unfortunately, as they are great models) but I‘ve seen that they tower over older models, so I guess Vamps are size-wise up there with Chaos Warriors and SCE and not that much shorter than ogres (which will surely also get taller now)… 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Vasshpit said:

First off there needs to be a proper Ironjawz model in that pic!! 😜

I think with minimal effort you could probably convert Krulez models to Bonesplitterz with simple weapons swaps, a few snips of some of the spikey bits, and some strategically placed skulls. 

Take it up a notch and greenstuff some furs if you're really feeling the waaaagh energies!!

My ardboys are already a hodgepidge of the basic Ardboys kit with different heads, weapons and limbs from a brutes kit and also the Gouged Eye Bloodbowl orks team. Really gives them some individuality and character. 

For Kruelboys, I think i'm going to paint them with a reddish-brown hue instead of classic greenskin. I want to differentiate them from my Ironjawz on the battlefield, Or maybe a yellow simmilar to hobgrots. hmm....

As for bonesplitters...Well I plan on converting a whole bunch of Beast Snagga 40K orks to use as Bonesplitta proxies. But I'm awaiting our new Warclans codex before I dive into that project. Perhaps they'll be another unit in there to convert the beast snaggas to that will make more sense. I just really like thier aesthetic.

Also the new Blood Bowl Black ork team Thunder valley greenskinz would make fantastic brute conversions...but again, unless their stat lines changes significantly in the new codex, I don't really need more brutes at this time. 

• Like 2

Oh and for those wondering if the Kruelboys sculpts will mesh wit the current Orruk warclan hodgepodge of models... Well if you match the shields to your current army main color, I think they will blend in just fine. Could even headswap some brute/grunta heads into the kruelboys line. The heads appear to be the same size. 

I think the weedy muckdwellers are growing on me. 

Here's a complimentary to classic ironjawz color scheme.

What do you guys think of my idea for how I'm going to paint my Kruleboyz?  I was going to do the shields in orange before I realised they looked like  pumpkins.:

• Like 15
  • LOVE IT! 1

"All they need is leadership and suitable allies" "sigmarablum..." 

They're gonna bring an entire race of dragons back to just make them ANOTHER expansion to the stormcast model line aren't they. GW is trying very hard to drive me out of AoS the exact same way they did from 40k with space marines. 

Yes stormcast deserved a new book, no they didn't need another chamber's worth of units that has more kits than some armies followed by MORE stormcast.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, HollowHills said:

I'm so confused as to what the deal is with centaurs now. Are Kurnothi still going to be a thing? Are Beasts of Chaos a dead faction? Will Kragnos ever get an army which actually matches his look?

What do you mean? Has something happened?

34 minutes ago, willange said:

I figured this might happen since they talked so much about them and then gave Kragnos bonuses against them.

Oh Fuggers!!!... I always wanted more dragons in AOS. Now it looks like I'll need stormcast eternals if I wish to use them. 

Still they will be pale shadows of my mighty Mawkrusha! I wish we had a non-mounted sculpt and warscroll for Mawkrushas. Instead it sounds like we're getting a feathery wyvern/vulture thing 

., Sounds like the Chaos cockatrice model. Oh wait, I just noticed tis, the cockatrice has a claw at the end of its tail. Isn't there a recent rumor thread with a weird claw on a tail or other appendage? Could we be getting non-chaos corrupted cockatrice? I doubt it, but Ill take a longshot and say that "claw" rumor engine if from the tail of the new Mouth of Mork beastie. 

image.png.13cbc0cd0b46496c17702fc31f252ce5.png

Edited by Gothmaug
more info
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Starfyre said:

Yep! Which is something some other kits suffer from, because they're designed to be like, contained. Dark Elves are a great example of that. Black Guard are ace, but very static so they can rank. Chaos Warriors too.

Yeah the BB and Underworld Orruks are cool, bet that units looks nice.

Ogors are the same, very rank and file without dynamic posing. 

2 hours ago, MitGas said:

I believe the Crimson Court are also really tall… haven‘t seen them in RL yet (unfortunately, as they are great models) but I‘ve seen that they tower over older models, so I guess Vamps are size-wise up there with Chaos Warriors and SCE and not that much shorter than ogres (which will surely also get taller now)… 

I'm really hoping that Ogors get scaled up a bit. It's so odd seeing this brute that's described as almost twice the size of a man and thrice as wide, have a Duardin come up to his chin. 

49 minutes ago, The Red King said:

Guys whitefang laughed at my post and I don't know what that means for my release predictions lol

Perhaps sometimes people are genuinely trying to indicate they enjoyed or disliked your post and not trying to convey secret messages. Can we stop making posts every time dude clicks a reaction button like it's breaking news? 

• Like 12
  • Thanks 4

47 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

I'm really hoping that Ogors get scaled up a bit. It's so odd seeing this brute that's described as almost twice the size of a man and thrice as wide, have a Duardin come up to his chin. 

I hope this as well and i dont even collect them. Im thinking rockgut troggoth size. 

• LOVE IT! 1

2 hours ago, The Red King said:

They're gonna bring an entire race of dragons back to just make them ANOTHER expansion to the stormcast model line aren't they. GW is trying very hard to drive me out of AoS the exact same way they did from 40k with space marines. 

Yes stormcast deserved a new book, no they didn't need another chamber's worth of units that has more kits than some armies followed by MORE stormcast.

Dude relax, it’s probably just gonna be a singular cavalry unit or something, with maybe a Lord-something-ant on a bigger one. The fact that they were with the Seraphon (and that Kroak banished Kragnos) indicates to me at least that the Lizards are gonna be a lot more prominent as things go on. Also this is the first big release the Stormcast have had since 2018 (discounting the myriad underworlds warbands and Gardus) so it’s not like they’re actively shoving Stormies down your throat or anything

• Like 4

i mean do Gutbuster Ogors really need an update outside of more plastic heroes?

their plastic range holds up pretty compare to other older armies and i don't think GW are going to do anything massive with them unless they really want to make that Firebelly expansion

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, novakai said:

their plastic range holds up pretty compare to other older armies and i don't think GW are going to do anything massive with them unless they really want to make that Firebelly expansion

I don't think the ogors will get anything new for quite a while except a plastic butcher and possibly some endless spells, Some new maneaters, gorgers or yetis would be cool though to bolster that line of the Ogors, the gutbusters and the beastclaw stuff is pretty good with nice plastic kits that still hold up I think, even if a little bit static. I would really like to see what modern day GW could do with yetis and gorgers...

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, The Red King said:

I'm kinda getting annoyed of how the Stormcast treadmill runs. Every 3 year brings a new aesthetic and you end up with a hodge podge of designs that don't really fit each other. It ends up feeling like every 3 years they roll for a new aesthetic.
Thunderstrike looks nice, but did we really need to revisit 1.0 already, and now all the 1.0 stuff looks so weird if you use it.

• Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, sorokyl said:

Perhaps sometimes people are genuinely trying to indicate they enjoyed or disliked your post and not trying to convey secret messages. Can we stop making posts every time dude clicks a reaction button like it's breaking news? 

Speaking of taking someone's post too seriously...

37 minutes ago, Vasshpit said:

I hope this as well and i dont even collect them. Im thinking rockgut troggoth size. 

Yes!! Somewhere between where they are now and that of a Rockgut 

Just now, novakai said:

I'd love nothing more than a Firebelly expansion, I just hope that the resin is updated and give more dynamic poses to their troops.

The Gluttons, Leadbelchers and Ironguts all share the same legs and body in a rank and file pose. If they gave them a more dynamic pose like the STD SC they would be even more amazing.

Also scale them up a little to look more like what they represent size wise. 

29 minutes ago, Scurvydog said:

I don't think the ogors will get anything new for quite a while except a plastic butcher and possibly some endless spells, Some new maneaters, gorgers or yetis would be cool though to bolster that line of the Ogors, the gutbusters and the beastclaw stuff is pretty good with nice plastic kits that still hold up I think, even if a little bit static. I would really like to see what modern day GW could do with yetis and gorgers...

Modern Yhetees and Gorgers are one of the things I'm most excited to see!! Its a kit that I wouldnt be suprised to be released as a dual kit though.

I'm just hoping that for 3.0 Destruction does get the lions share of updates as 2.0 was for Death, with Kruelboyz going into Warclans and Gloomspite having a big update 2 years ago it would make sense for Mawtribes and Sons of Behemat to be updated.

27 minutes ago, The Brotherhood of Necros said:

I’d love to see some Gorgers or Yetis with that  uncanny Sloggoth aesthetic, crawling hungrily towards their prey or climbing over outcrops… 

Yes!! Almost like a Carnivorous, barbaric, roided up Gollum!!

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, novakai said:

Plastic-fy

Heroes
-Butcher
-Slaughtermaster
-Firebelly

Units
-Gorgers
-Yhetees
-Frost Sabres

New

Heroes
-Named character
-Gutbuster style centrepiece

Units
-AoS fitting successor to Maneaters

There.
Some meat right there. Rolled in stuff for BCR too because they go together now.

• Like 3
  • LOVE IT! 1