The Rumour Thread

I'm expecting Kruleboyz will get sub-factions like Drakkfoot and Bloodtoofs, perhaps that make some of the monsters Batteline. Really like that the Kruleboyz are monster heavy, gives them their own place in Orruk Warclans alongside Bonesplitterz and Ironjawz. Shaping up to be a great army IMHO.

And with all the extra VP in the GHB for monsters doing stuff, being monster-heavy isn't a bad thing either. I do wish the Bolt boyz were units of 10 though, they are such nice models!

13 hours ago, Starfyre said:

That literally will not happen - Thunderstrike is just a different aesthetic, like Sacrosanct was, like Vanguard was. They're armour types like the SM armour Marks, gravis armour, reiver etc. Other than, they're just going through the archetypical standard armaments - sword & shield, hammer & shield, two-handed sword/axe/hammer/glaive/staves, spear & shield, mace & shield, halberds, etc. Nothing surprising about any of that. Pretty sure the only weapon not covered by SCE from original WHFB is the flail! 

'Primaris' are just the 'true-scales' marines everyone said they wanted. 'Oldcast' is going nowhere.

I think Thunderstrike will be akin to Primaris in that we're not likely to ever see another non-Thunderstrike model going forward outside of event/celebration exclusives but they probably won't go anywhere for a while either.

It's creation was explicitly to mitigate the Cursed Skies and they've mentioned it's only in-universe logistical issues that stop every existing Stormcast putting on a set of it - once Terry gets back to Azyrheim, there's no reason for him not to put on a suit of it, especially since it reduces his chance of catching Covid having his soul devoured by 90%.

Also, look at the Vanguard. The scouts and raiders being chonkier than the Slimcast is a very weird look - if we don't see a Totally-Not-Vanguard wave of Slimcast at some point I'd be surprised and hell, the Vigilors already have some of that.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Warfiend said:

The Mirebrute troggoth seems pretty large tho.

1 hour ago, Lucentia said:

I think the kind of mounted troggoth kits are not going to be that huge in terms of size, certainly the one on all fours with the grot howdah seems more like a chariot-sized piece than a big centerpiece.  My guess would be the sludge-raker builds serving as the main 'big kit,' for the range, and the vulture thing will be more of a mid-sized monster.

I wonder if the Mirebrute will be able to be built as a non mounted version, would count as an addition to Gloomspite and Trogg herds.

• LOVE IT! 1

3 hours ago, Acrozatarim said:

They do seem to lean very monster heavy, yeah.

But since the only battle line this far is gutrippaz and they’re both expensive points-wise and large units, currently the default Kruleboy army is gonna always have a big infantry pile and I’m not sure how many of the cool monsters we’ll even be able to fit in.

They have one battleline for now, mostly because they don't have the pieces that make other conditional battleline options (sub factions, specific hero as general, Kruleboyz allegiance). Hobgrotz will probably be battleline in Kruleboyz allegiance and I wouldn't be surprised if the Boltboyz and the Sloggoth get a sub allegiance or hero that make them battleline as well.

2 hours ago, Clan's Cynic said:

I think Thunderstrike will be akin to Primaris in that we're not likely to ever see another non-Thunderstrike model going forward outside of event/celebration exclusives but they probably won't go anywhere for a while either.

It's creation was explicitly to mitigate the Cursed Skies and they've mentioned it's only in-universe logistical issues that stop every existing Stormcast putting on a set of it - once Terry gets back to Azyrheim, there's no reason for him not to put on a suit of it, especially since it reduces his chance of catching Covid having his soul devoured by 90%.

Also, look at the Vanguard. The scouts and raiders being chonkier than the Slimcast is a very weird look - if we don't see a Totally-Not-Vanguard wave of Slimcast at some point I'd be surprised and hell, the Vigilors already have some of that.

Tbh, with how  easily Teclis was able to just dispel one of the mightiest rituals the mortal realms ever saw, it wouldn't surprise me if this Cursed Skies thing is brushed away as soons as the story progresses again. :D

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Chikout said:

Absolutely no idea what this is. 9h4v8GJIMYZO56Vo.jpg.22c8774b91d46ea051f4bfb99b4f7342.jpg

Curseling got a redesign as the old model wasn't kid-friendly enough. Now it's a dude with a hand puppet that tells him "secrets and stuff".

Edit: My real guess... dawnbringer crusade lunatic with a bird hand puppet. Or you know, 40k backpack.

Edited by MitGas
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Acrozatarim said:

Obviously Kruleboyz are getting the focus with this new release, but I do wonder about (and hope for!) new releases for the Ironjawz and Bonesplittaz to go along with them.

I would be suprised if we ever get a bonesplittaz release again... The range has 2 unit kits, from 2010 (not old, but not new) and a few heros, mostly resin?  I don't think warcry warbands are indicative of future releases.   So not a huge commitment to them from GW perspective.   On the flip side, how many subfactions of greenskins do they want to maintain? in 40k there is really just 1. In AoS you've got a real hodge-podge, split between two books. Add in Kruel boyz, maybe grotbag scuttlers in the future, just seems like too much. and I don't think they all necessarily look great together.

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, sorokyl said:

I would be suprised if we ever get a bonesplittaz release again... The range has 2 unit kits, from 2010 (not old, but not new) and a few heros, mostly resin?  I don't think warcry warbands are indicative of future releases.   So not a huge commitment to them from GW perspective.   On the flip side, how many subfactions of greenskins do they want to maintain? in 40k there is really just 1. In AoS you've got a real hodge-podge, split between two books. Add in Kruel boyz, maybe grotbag scuttlers in the future, just seems like too much. and I don't think they all necessarily look great together.

Bonesplitterz just need their resin heroes in plastic, boss onna pig, and plastic rogue idol (with optional Wurrgog rider).

But I agree, if they don't get them now, they're not getting anything this edition and that stings considering they didn't get anything last edition either (Underworlds don't count).

Savage Orruks and boarboys are from March 2011, not 2010.

1 minute ago, trolemon said:

Bonesplitterz just need their resin heroes in plastic, boss onna pig, and plastic rogue idol (with optional Wurrgog rider).

But I agree, if they don't get them now, they're not getting anything this edition and that stings considering they didn't get anything last edition either (Underworlds don't count).

Savage Orruks and boarboys are from March 2011, not 2010.

yeah, sprue says 2010, usually what i go by for dating kits. 

I am not saying the models aren't good. I'm not saying "the range could be great with a few more kits", I'm just saying it's not likely to happen from the perspective of having a nice, clean, streamlined range. There are just too many other armies it makes more sense to shore up (with too few models or very old models). I think Kruelboyz hurts Savage Orruks chance at seeing more stuff. And Beast Snaggas over in 40k? Yeah, nobody interested in green dudes is gonna have any money left after these upcoming releases. Makes more sense to do literally anything else. 

I'm more than happy that Kruelboyz are a part of Warclans, a third book for Greenskins wouldve been too many in my opinion but I do hope that Ironjawz and Bonesplitterz are added to as well. There is always the chance that with Kruelboyz still having a few unit(s) to show off that Ironjawz and Bonesplitterz may yet get something.