The Rumour Thread

1 hour ago, Ekrund Oath Splitters said:

I believe so, and they still can't use core rulebook Command Abilities or benefit from certain Core Battalions. I don't play them, but one of the guys down the store does so I thought I'd have a little read up. 

The mortek guard's shield wall didn't change, though only one unit can use it a turn.  All of the core battalions that let you use one of the command abilities free once a game now allow OBR to get a free RDP once a game.

• Like 1

Just now, Chikout said:

Unless this is one model with two builds, we might be getting a slightly bigger preview than 40k had. Presumably whatever we see for Kruleboyz will be matched by something for Stormcast. So at least 4 kits then?!!?

I still hope to have a cavalry unit.

And by dreaming, an elite infantry unit.

3 hours ago, Enoby said:

Random nerf (and then a random buff) on Slaanesh - how weird...

(Painbringers no longer reroll saves, get a +1 instead, and one of the endless spells grants Always Strike Last. Bizarre changes)

Seems like Slaanesh can't have nice things

2 hours ago, novakai said:

hmm if i am not mistaken BoK can't use Archeon as a coalition unit because he a Wizard and Tzeentch/ Slaanesh

The StD FAQs say he is a Warmaster and can be taken in BoK, Maggotkin, DoT, and HoS armies

Edited by Zamik
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

This is insane!! Are we possibly getting 2 big beastie or war machines Previewed tomorrow!? 

7L7yw8.gif

I hope we're getting the modern rendition of this beauty on a mega-gargant!

KingBrodd this ones for you!

Actually...I may build this out of a mega-gargant anyhow, and load it with Man-squewer boltboys!

image.png.a211ba670acb08c525a7c985146eb4fa.png

Edited by Gothmaug
  • Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 5

38 minutes ago, Benlisted said:

Just a question in case I've missed anything - what's the status of Forge World models?  I know we've not seen points for them yet, but I had also heard that the Acarnum was listed as a legal rules source still?

yes the FW Monsterous Arcanium is listed as a valid publication  under the Pitch battle profile book

• Thanks 3

9 hours ago, Scurvydog said:

Doubt we will see much overlapping, possibly for Old World but AoS is moving further away from the old world look each time a faction gets refreshed. It also sounds like the Old World game will be exploring a different era than the old warhammer fantasy, so I would expect that to look quite different as well.

I don't necessarily agree with this.  There are factions and models that certainly don't fit in the old world, but Lumineth and Soulblight I had a hunch were designed to work in The Old World.

You can maybe say a giant cow monster guy doesn't fit in TOW, but you can't say a nice, modernly sculpted elf in stereotypical elf armor doesn't fit.

I expect/hope they don't want to maintain two completely seperate ranges, and have more overlap than they do between 30k/40k. 

Because of the need to make more "TOW friendly armies", I hope we soon see updated ogor, human, skaven, seraphon sculpts for the base infantry. 

• Like 2

Damn OBR got done dirty. I get that buffing mortek guard to the moon with CA stacking, and chucking +1 attack on multiple catapults, was no fun, but limiting Unstoppable Advance to one unit per turn is *savage* given you can’t CA run rolls of 6 or reroll charges.

Not getting to use Redeploy or Rally for no discernible reason sucks too.

11 minutes ago, PrimeElectrid said:

Damn OBR got done dirty. I get that buffing mortek guard to the moon with CA stacking, and chucking +1 attack on multiple catapults, was no fun, but limiting Unstoppable Advance to one unit per turn is *savage* given you can’t CA run rolls of 6 or reroll charges.

Not getting to use Redeploy or Rally for no discernible reason sucks too.

True that, OBR does seem very boring now considering how much interesting play commands does for other armies, it will be extremely limited in options and flexibility.

At least Petrifex Elite got buffed to reduce rend by 1 now :s

Catapults will be really poor with their 0 rend and everyone getting access to all out defense.

2 hours ago, Gothmaug said:

I hope we're getting the modern rendition of this beauty on a mega-gargant!

KingBrodd this ones for you!

Actually...I may build this out of a mega-gargant anyhow, and load it with Man-squewer boltboys!

image.png.a211ba670acb08c525a7c985146eb4fa.png

If we get new Ogor sculpts I'm tempted to recreate this with a Gatebreaker Mega Gargant with Ogors on top!!

5 hours ago, novakai said:

hmm if i am not mistaken BoK can't use Archeon as a coalition unit because he a Wizard and Tzeentch/ Slaanesh

Eh looking at all the FAQ its a bit meh but at least address the not working factors

Also Disciples of Tzeentch is the same for the other keywords, so it seems Archaon is out of all these tomes in one fell swoop

3 minutes ago, Scurvydog said:

Also Disciples of Tzeentch is the same for the other keywords, so it seems Archaon is out of all these tomes in one fell swoop

Archaon doesn't use the coalition rules to join Chaos armies - he gets in with his own WARMASTER (tm) pass. Check the StD FAQ.

Edited by Bregor
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1