The Rumour Thread

46 minutes ago, Greybeard86 said:

Exactly how do they intent to enforce this?

At this point this seems more like their bean counter's wish list than a thoughout guideline to play the game.

my fear is that some tournament organisers (there aren't 10000 happening around here) will read this and think that they should enforce it in their pack. My hope is that everyone will just ignore it and carry on as always. I still find that putting paint schemes under "proxys" is shameful

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Marcvs said:

my fear is that some tournament organisers (there aren't 10000 happening around here) will read this and think that they should enforce it in their pack. My hope is that everyone will just ignore it and carry on as always. I still find that putting paint schemes under "proxys" is shameful

They aren’t Hammers of Sigmar; they are a custom stormhost who use the Hammers colouring in honour of Sigmar first stormhost, but their fluff is that they super hate monsters so use Astral Templars rules. Easy.

Also here is my 10k fanfic to prove it

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Dawnmane said:

that's a somewhat false premise. Those people would be people who bought all of cursed city, not to play the game but to use the enemies part of the game for an army whose battletome wasn't out yet, and who probably also knew about this rule because it was revealed pretty early after release. Also, that logic would, to some extent, apply to anyone who ever purchased models/an army based on the rules at the time of purchase = that logic would mean that changing the rules was always unfair.

I see your point but as mentioned GW isn't transparent in their communication. They say one thing,  then another and in the end it turns up something different. They've just changed Awakened Wyldwood warscroll. Very same warscroll that was published a month ago in BR Kragnos. How can we treat them seriously? It's as if they are bouncing off the wall every five minutes. Would anyone be surprised if GW changed the core rules upside down in a month? After Slaanesh battletome? After Lumineth battletome? After mutually exclusive informations about availability of Cursed City? Seriously it's such a mess I'm not sure if buying new models is safe as they can change its rules 180 degrees before I'm finished painting it.

• Like 1

Am I having déjà vu or did this discussion of "official" paint schemes come up years ago? I can't remember where it was said, but I am certain GW made a similar statement and people really didn't like it then but it didn't amount to much.

• Like 1

• Subscriber
45 minutes ago, Greybeard86 said:

Exactly how do they intent to enforce this?

At this point this seems more like their bean counter's wish list than a thoughout guideline to play the game.

I don't think they do intend to enforce it. They were asked a question and they answered. 

Plus, to me, it really doesn't sound like they're against proxying, but a specific type of proxying mentioned in the question.

To make an analogy with Space Marines, if I have a Space Marine army that's painted up as Ultramarines and turn up to a game without discussing anything before hand and state that today I'm using the Space Wolf rules for it, that would ofcourse be confusing and to avoid that, just speaking to your opponent to check before hand makes total sense. 

Or I turn up with a chaplain model and say, I'm proxying it as a Judicator for this game, then again it's confusing and all it takes is a quick check before hand to ask if that's ok. Most people I imagine would say yes to allow you to try something out, or if it's a custom kitbashed version then again just a headsup before hand.

The sky isn't falling, GW aren't banning proxies, it's just about communication with your opponent at the end of the day. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, SentinelGuy said:

Not much in these updates really, it's mostly just tidying. All they did for CoS was make Freeguild spearmen +1 to wound when charged, and modified the handgunners and sisters of the watch rule. Total letdown. They could have fixed the rest of the useless units while they were at it. It's also impossible to run a Stormcast hero as general unless you play Hammerhal with Aventis. :/

There's one big thing for gyrocopters, since they can now issue commands. Kill on horde your turn and one when your opponent charges. The duardin are slightly pleased regarding the other none existing changes

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Marcvs said:

Really don't like the suggestion that the "correct" way is to repaint my whole army every time I want to play a different sub-allegiance

image.png.94ef0eaacd59e9dfe2ef183123c6c533.png

Worth pointing out, this FAQ is not new!! This was in the Core Rules FAQ from Winter 2018 (Check AoS Shorts' combined FAQ pdf!)

Nothing's changed about this in the last 3 years, exact same wording as always, I don't think it's gonna be a problem.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Hey Warhammer Community finally remembered that tomorrow is Crocodile day!

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2021/07/02/5-ways-to-celebrate-the-new-editions-arrival-in-true-mortal-realms-style/

LunYEEat7VFKksE7.jpg
I like to add pics to these posts and this one was fantastic, plus furthers my hopes that the DOK will adopt Corsairs for real one day. 

Edited by Neverchosen
  • Like 4

6 minutes ago, MothmanDraws said:

Not many changes but they still managed to nerf slaanesh again

Page 122 – Myrmidesh Painbringer, Painbringer Shields Change to: ‘Add 1 to save rolls for attacks made with melee weapons that target this unit.

Tbf, everyone lost rerolling saves (check the S2D FAQ - they lost it a lot) - this isn't targeted against Slaanesh.

Slaanesh also got a buff with the Dreadful Visage also causing always strike last :)

IMG-20210702-WA0000.jpg

1 minute ago, Ekrund Oath Splitters said:

I think Bonereapers kept theirs with empowered shields? I couldn't see it in their FAQ. 

Ahh yeah, they may still keep it - I don't really pay much attention to OBR :) iirc are their discipline points once per phase now?

1 minute ago, Enoby said:

Ahh yeah, they may still keep it - I don't really pay much attention to OBR :) iirc are their discipline points once per phase now?

I believe so, and they still can't use core rulebook Command Abilities or benefit from certain Core Battalions. I don't play them, but one of the guys down the store does so I thought I'd have a little read up. 

• Like 1

hmm if i am not mistaken BoK can't use Archeon as a coalition unit because he a Wizard and Tzeentch/ Slaanesh

Eh looking at all the FAQ its a bit meh but at least address the not working factors

Edited by novakai
  • Sad 1

43 minutes ago, Enoby said:

Am I having déjà vu or did this discussion of "official" paint schemes come up years ago? I can't remember where it was said, but I am certain GW made a similar statement and people really didn't like it then but it didn't amount to much.

I think this came up back in first edition, back when you needed to take a certain battalion to use a sub faction. I don’t really care at the moment tbh, as like @KingBrodd and @Black_Templar_Lad I’m hyped up for the “slaver crocorhino.” Besides miss @Enoby, they did all of us dirty when they made it clear third party parts won’t end up in White Dwarf(meaning your masterpieces of kitbashing wouldn’t be highlighted).

#GATORGANG

#BayouBoogie 

• LOVE IT! 2

1 hour ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

Is this the end of Warp Lightning Vortex in a bottle?

EDIT: Or was the end when they put out the new faction points tables, and I just did not realize it?

In Spell in a Bottle there is quite important note: "all restrictions are ignored"

• Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, Enoby said:

Multiple times over the last decade, yeah. Usually in reference to space marine colour schemes but I think possibly also with the second stormcast tome in AoS 1.0. The flashpoint is typically the same, a FAQ or a line in a new edition rulebook. It causes a fuss but people do seem to largely ignore it.

The weird thing is, I don't think it's even GW trying to get people specifically to buy new armies. Rather I think it's some sort of strange and needling impulse to cleanly define "X faction must be played X way" in order to bolster the IP; space wolves are like this, blood angels are like that, you can't use their rules unless you do so in this way.

They're not been consistent on it in their design philosophies over the years either, in some editions playing e.g. a successor or offshoot faction means you just use their rules and have 're-skins' or proxies or stand-ins, even for special characters. But then in others (like 9th ed. 40k) you have to note the occcasional hyper-specific rule which says "your faction trait is that you use these other guys' faction trait", an approach that comes off as bizarrely literal-minded.

It's strange and does represent a GW that's seemingly ever pulling away from DIY roots but you're right, it never gets any particular uptake from tournament folks, players, or even GW staff themselves. There's been no lack of WHC featured armies that are explicit about using X or Y rules for their creatively converted force, for example. It'll probably blow over soon.

Edited by sandlemad
  • Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

Also looks like WarCom is going to be doing another preview stream tomorrow during the launch of the new edition. I would imagine it'll be packed with new models for the upcoming SCE and Descrution tomes, then maybe a little teaser trailer revealing other models to come, which would hint at what other battletomes will be released in the near future.

Place your bets! 

13 minutes ago, CaptainSoup said:

Also looks like WarCom is going to be doing another preview stream tomorrow during the launch of the new edition. I would imagine it'll be packed with new models for the upcoming SCE and Descrution tomes, then maybe a little teaser trailer revealing other models to come, which would hint at what other battletomes will be released in the near future.

Place your bets! 

Kruleboyz: more Hobgrots, Calvary, air based war beast, a hero or two, GATORGANG. Oh and the Mouth of Mork character.

Stormcast: wizard, beast hero, more war machines, and probably a new thunder strike unit.

future battletome: chaos dwarfs, updated spider fang, dawnbringer crusades, and finally whatever Grungi is cooking.

That thing looks a lot bigger than the gator/crocorhino in the last one. We can only see what appears to be the structure of a platform or howdah with what looks more like a regular old gobbo (like the Pot Grot) over on the right. Seems like he's a drummer doing the 'one-two-three!' thing and those are some hefty drums in the centre.

The silhouette on the left with a long spear or jabber might be an ork, looks like it could be wearing a similar visored helmet to the Boltboys.

Can't see what it's mounted on though, presumably some sort of monster? Maybe this is the sludgeraker? Are those reins or supports on the bottom left? They seem to be leading upwards a little.

Edited by sandlemad