The Rumour Thread

3 hours ago, zilberfrid said:

So you mean you need more different Stormcast units to obsolete old ones? And do you really think designers from human looking tiny LotR sculpts would be any good at making Stormcast, of all things?

Not literally Stormcast, no.

Resources are finite.  People,  time,  money,  and so on.  I know that plenty of folks like the LotR stuff from GW. I don't hate it or anything,  nor do I think those who love it are somehow wrong to do so. I just think that the resources of GW could make more stuff I like if they didn't get used on LotR. Purely a personal want, not a judgment of the views of others.  So, for me, news that more LotR may be coming is a disappointment.

I also want Gotrek to just go away already. Not a popular opinion, sure, but it is the one I hold. :)

Edited by Sleboda

Does anyone know if Warhammer Total War models ever predicted reworked AoS models? Because the Beastmen and Lizardmen models are quite good. Even the Jabberslythe!

With the Chameleon in Underworlds and the models in TWW2, we might see some of the oldest servants of the old ones in new plastic (after Kroak, of course).

3 minutes ago, zilberfrid said:

Does anyone know if Warhammer Total War models ever predicted reworked AoS models? Because the Beastmen and Lizardmen models are quite good. Even the Jabberslythe!

With the Chameleon in Underworlds and the models in TWW2, we might see some of the oldest servants of the old ones in new plastic (after Kroak, of course).

Not AoS but I know they are working with GW with things such as Kislev and Cathay, so they are a decent indicator on things we might see in the Old World. 

To be determined how much cross-flow between AoS and TOW will take place since we know so little about the game still. 

2 hours ago, Joseph Mackay said:

This nonsense has being going around since the very start of the Middle-earth SBG, and is absolutely false. Middle-earth has ALWAYS had a seperate team of rules writers and model sculptors from the other games. Neither impacts releases of the other

It takes up factory production time. How much more AoS or Cursed City or whatever else could be pressed if they were not spending effort and time on LotR? How much more profitable could the bottom line be (and thus more value to my stock) if this extra team of folks didn't take up salary budget? (Note: not wishing unemployment on anyone - just looking at the raw numbers of it).

It eats up shelf space in stores. This could hold more stock for mainline product or perhaps allow for smaller stores with less expensive rent and utilities. This would also increase profits and shareholder value.

Perhaps worst of all, it forces store staff to learn the system, teach it, and otherwise divert away from time and effort that could be put into teaching new folks AoS. I already know managers who are heavy 40K or heavy AoS and have to really psyche themselves up to be enthused teaching the other to customers or talking with them about it. Throw in LotR and you are looking at staff who aren't  as good at recruiting as they could be.

There is an impact.

But again, more power to those who love it. I just don't. I have painted dozens of the models and played the game a bit. I really didn't like the rules at all. Just my opinion. I liked it more than the misery that was Warmaster, but not by much. "Oh look, it's Aragorn ... again. Ugh." It really wasn't fun at all for me. Also, FWIW, I can't recall ever seeing a pick up game of it being played at any store. Ever. Event participation is pretty tiny as well compared to 40K or even AoS/WFB. It really doesn't appear to be popular at all, comparatively. I really do think the only reason they keep it alive is just to keep the license away from other companies.

Edited by Sleboda
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

9 minutes ago, zilberfrid said:

Doubt we will see much overlapping, possibly for Old World but AoS is moving further away from the old world look each time a faction gets refreshed. It also sounds like the Old World game will be exploring a different era than the old warhammer fantasy, so I would expect that to look quite different as well.

24 minutes ago, Sleboda said:

It takes up factory production time. How much more AoS or Cursed City or whatever else could be pressed if they were not spending effort and time on LotR? How much more profitable could the bottom line be (and thus more value to my stock) if this extra team of folks didn't take up salary budget? (Note: not wishing unemployment on anyone - just looking at the raw numbers of it).

You could do that for literally anything though and it would still be just as grubby and unworthy a sentiment.

"I don't like Beastmen. Developing/casting/stocking beastmen takes up time that could be devoted to actually good factions that I like. Only a handful of people actually play them, we shouldn't be giving that minority an inch. I don't know anyone that even likes them. Every staff member that has to think about beastmen is wasting effort that could be more profitably spent selling stormcast. Think of the poor innocent shareholders. Oh look, it's beastmen ... again. Ugh. Why can't we just squat them and be done with it."

Insert faction/game/whatever here, I'm going for beastmen as an example because I don't personally find them compelling but would never be so shabby as to try and dress that up as a whine about GW catering to people with interests that diverge from mine. It's peak solipsism, a race to the bottom and a push for a narrow monoculture where only the least common denominator stuff is worthy of effort. Dressing it up as 'just my opinion, no offence' doesn't make it any less selfish.

• Like 18
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, Gaz Taylor said:

+++ Mod Hat On +++
Can we please get back to Age of Sigmar rumours!

+++ MOD HAT +++

Come on folks, Gaz posted up asking you to get back on topic and some of you have continued the conversation - you're taking the mickey and starting to test our good nature

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

Oh it's not out yet mate I'm just speculating what today's could be. 

Ah! Draxed that one. I’m really hoping we get to see the Vanquishers, which I think is a new battleline unit I saw on the Pitched Battle Profiles list for SCE in the GHB2021

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, zamerion said:

From BOB (war of sigmar)

the description i was given was "slaver crocorhino" ^^

Crocorhino...that's epic as hell I hope we see the full beast!!

#cyalateralligator #makemesmilecrocodile

Edited by KingBrodd
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

Crocorhino...that's epic as hell I hope we see the full beast!!

#cyalateralligator #makemesmilecrocodile

Nothing scares me more than Orruks in Crocs. Or anything in Crocs really.

That said I really really hope for FAQs today!

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, zamerion said:

From BOB (war of sigmar)

the description i was given was "slaver crocorhino" ^^

Getting some real Avatar: the last airbender vibes from that. Looking forward to seeing how it pans out, there's always a degree of slippage between second/third-hand descriptions and what eventually comes out.

Ogres for TWWH2 is also exciting.