The Rumour Thread

1 hour ago, TheMuphinMan said:

personally I'm wondering about pestilens in Nurgle armies. Also for coalitions, there are point values that are separate for Tzanagors in BoC and DoT so I'm wondering if some of the coalition units will have different point values if used in different armies.

if i recall correctly Coalition units are specifically unit that are not under your armies pitch battle profile 

tzaangors are not coalition units because they exist in both armies pitch battle profile. things like God mark units and CoS 1 in 4 options are coalition units

For those into the AoS Soulbound RPG. Stars and Scales Seraphon supplement is available for purchase at the cubicle7 site. 

They introduce a new constellation that we might see in the next Seraphon book. Chotec's Feather is in Aqshy near the old Anvilgard. 

• Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 2

1 hour ago, Landohammer said:

Its basically the new way that they define situations such as fielding Stormcast in cities or STD/BOC in Chaos armies and vice versa.

Honestly i'd be surprised (in a good way) if there was a reciprocal option for BoC.  They're generally not for the chaos gods, so they couldn't ally them in the past.   While it would be neat to allow yourself to mark your army and then take a coalition of that mark god stuff, it wasn't allowed before even with the battallions, so I doubt it.

More likely, BoC is just going to get coalition with things that have "Beasts of Chaos" as a keyword. .. which I think amounts to just the Slaangors (which have the keyword, but weirdly never made it in to BoC list).  They used to be taken because they have it, but if I understand 3.0 rules that's not good enough now, so a coalition would be the way to go to allow it.

Ofc, coalition with all monsters of chaos or something would be sweet, but I doubt they're thinking that critically about options...

6 minutes ago, Fyrenn said:

Honestly i'd be surprised (in a good way) if there was a reciprocal option for BoC.  They're generally not for the chaos gods, so they couldn't ally them in the past.   While it would be neat to allow yourself to mark your army and then take a coalition of that mark god stuff, it wasn't allowed before even with the battallions, so I doubt it.

More likely, BoC is just going to get coalition with things that have "Beasts of Chaos" as a keyword. .. which I think amounts to just the Slaangors (which have the keyword, but weirdly never made it in to BoC list).  They used to be taken because they have it, but if I understand 3.0 rules that's not good enough now, so a coalition would be the way to go to allow it.

Ofc, coalition with all monsters of chaos or something would be sweet, but I doubt they're thinking that critically about options...

Today's warcom just revealed a bit more. BoC can be taken in other Chaos armies, and they gain the relevant keyword/allegiance abilities. But they are limited to 1/4 and don't contribute to battleline. 

Not sure if BoC could take Khorne units, but I think most competitive BoC guys were piggy-backing on other allegiances anyway. So this makes that possible, at least to some degree. 

2 hours ago, Landohammer said:

Coalition was mentioned in either the GHB or BRB. And it was touched on in one of the Warcom articles. 

Its basically the new way that they define situations such as fielding Stormcast in cities or STD/BOC in Chaos armies and vice versa.

All we know so far is that they don't contribute to battleline,  can gain enhancements, and are distinct from Allies. The full info will be in the upcoming faction FAQs. 

Wanderers were dropped from Sylvaneth allies for the first time in 5 years (despite Dispossessed remaining) so it def looks like Coalition may be more widely available than just Chaos and Cities. 

I did a quick search and saw some discussions about it in the context of the GHB, but nobody seems to really know haha.  

6 minutes ago, Austin said:

I did a quick search and saw some discussions about it in the context of the GHB, but nobody seems to really know haha.  

I saw a leak, but I think it was a page from either the GHB or the actual physical rule book. I don't see it in the free PDF. I am at work otherwise I would post the snip. 

But there have so far been two Warcom articles clarifying bits and pieces. So its def happening. Just a matter of who gets to coalition with who! 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Landohammer said:

Today's warcom just revealed a bit more. BoC can be taken in other Chaos armies, and they gain the relevant keyword/allegiance abilities. But they are limited to 1/4 and don't contribute to battleline. 

Not sure if BoC could take Khorne units, but I think most competitive BoC guys were piggy-backing on other allegiances anyway. So this makes that possible, at least to some degree. 

yeah, what usually happened was people were using BoC battalions in Chaos God armies....

so for example, you can use BoC, then use the brass despoilers battalion, which gave them all the Khorne keyword. The Faq clarified you could use this battalion in either book, so functionally you could run an all beasts or mostly beast khorne army.

What you could not do was ally in Khorne if you kept it as a beasts army.  That means if you are using the BoC Allegience stuff (like herdstone) there was no way to ally in Chaos God stuff... even if you took the same batallion. You'd just have a bunch of khorne marked gors, and the like.. but no allies like StD.

Interestingly, the new coalition is BETTER for Khorne then before;  Brass Despoilers locked out casters (so no shaggoth or Shaman) as well as most of the monsters.  There is nothing stopping Khorne from having a Khorne marked Chimera now, if they so chose... and so on.  

EDIT: what they lose, of course, is cheap battleline ungors and gors and the like, which might be sad.

I would wonder if some of those options might be useful to Slaanesh?

It would be very different for Beasts to suddenly allow coalition gods.  it would be cool, as it opens up a lot of new options in the terms of things we couldnt' even ally in before and frankly would open up the book to a lot of new possibilities.  

Edited by Fyrenn

8 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

https://spikeybits.com/2021/06/rumors-first-4-battletomes-coming-to-aos-3-0.html

Ive heard Spikeybits is the Buzzfeed of Wargaming so this may mean nothing but we are starved for Rumours at this point, they too are saying the first 4 BT's could be Maggotkin, Gloomspite, Mawtribes and Beasts of Chaos.

Yeah as much as I’d like this to be true it seems to be just them going “this range has a lot of old models so it MUST be up for a new book” and “this faction has an old book so it must be getting a new one soon”. It’s plausible but I wouldn’t take it as gospel truth or fact by any means.

10 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

https://spikeybits.com/2021/06/rumors-first-4-battletomes-coming-to-aos-3-0.html

Ive heard Spikeybits is the Buzzfeed of Wargaming so this may mean nothing but we are starved for Rumours at this point, they too are saying the first 4 BT's could be Maggotkin, Gloomspite, Mawtribes and Beasts of Chaos.

This just seems like a rehash of the false 4chan rumour. 

44 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

Well if Spikeybits is saying it then we know it's 100% confirmed false 

:D

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

I wonder if BoC's update will remove God-Marked units?

Would solve the Tzaangor issue and, with coalitions, a '1/4 units can be a BoC unit from X'. Would also explain why Slaangors ain't appearing in GHB2021 or getting FAQ'd in... 

I'd also wonder if StD will get some form of ruling over it - currently Belakor's big 'chaos daemons in AOS' shenanigans are impossible, but add in some coalition of 'If Belakor is your general, you can include Daemon units from X' could solve that. 

Honestly though, I'm actually really excited.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Dreddships said:

I wonder if BoC's update will remove God-Marked units?

Would solve the Tzaangor issue and, with coalitions, a '1/4 units can be a BoC unit from X'. Would also explain why Slaangors ain't appearing in GHB2021 or getting FAQ'd in... 

I'd also wonder if StD will get some form of ruling over it - currently Belakor's big 'chaos daemons in AOS' shenanigans are impossible, but add in some coalition of 'If Belakor is your general, you can include Daemon units from X' could solve that. 

Honestly though, I'm actually really excited.

I can't imagine they'd remove the tzaangors now, especially after just updating them in GHB.  I think more likely they're going to make new god-gors coalitionable in the future. 

This DOES explain Slaangors, and frankly I think having all the god ones in the book would be unwieldy.  I think tzaangors are already so established, they wouldn't remove them until they have some sort of non-god based alternative, so my hope would be if that's their plan, they have a replacement waiting in the wings.

Anyway, I definitely think they could go in that direction for their new battletome, whenever that may be.  I think the eratta for now will make "Beasts of Chaos" coalitionable, so slaangors get back in (it's the only thing that benefits now, but future pestigors, etc, would be covered as well.

33 minutes ago, Enoby said:

I'm very glad to see god marked BoC - means I can use my converted ones in matched play! 😁

They took a long time to do and I was very disappointed that the battalions were removed, but I'm glad there's another way

Yeah, as a Slaaneshi type, does this change anything for you? 1/4 coalition BoC also includes the stuff not restricted to those old battalions - so like Chimera and Jabbeys and Cocktrice and all that stuff...  so you lose the battleline, but gain access to the entire range.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Fyrenn said:

Yeah, as a Slaaneshi type, does this change anything for you? 1/4 coalition BoC also includes the stuff not restricted to those old battalions - so like Chimera and Jabbeys and Cocktrice and all that stuff...  so you lose the battleline, but gain access to the entire range.

From a personal perspective, I had about 1000 points of converted BoC that I can now use which is nice :P From a competitive perspective, it opens up truly cheap chaff like ungor raiders to screen (battleline or not), as well as things like the Chimera who do good MWs, and many other cheap monsters.

I can't imagine it'll be a massive competitive shaker (unless I'm missing something), but it does help us easily fill up some of our points with cheap screens (which weren't very accessible before) and bait for unleash hell. The ungors not being battleline hurts, but from experience being able to take Painbringers and Twinsouls is usually enough as they do quite nicely (rather than feeling like tax). I'll certainly be giving it a go

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KingBrodd said:

Lol.. they get their rumors from here, usually (and other places), but seems like they don't follow daily.  They posted about sons of behemat on a shipping mainfest 3 weeks after I discovered it (posted on this thread...)

If you follow this thread, i don't think you'll ever see anything "new" there rumor/news wise. 

5 hours ago, Fyrenn said:

More likely, BoC is just going to get coalition with things that have "Beasts of Chaos" as a keyword. .. which I think amounts to just the Slaangors (which have the keyword, but weirdly never made it in to BoC list).  

What they don't have is breyherd or warherd keywords, which is sad because I love the models but they are really bad and we can't get any kind of synergy out of them. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Vaporlocke said:

What they don't have is breyherd or warherd keywords, which is sad because I love the models but they are really bad and we can't get any kind of synergy out of them. 

Well, despite my desire to not be hopeful, Slaangors are maybe the one unit I would hope gets some sort of change this goaround, just because it's been so universally considered the weakest piece of the battletome, and it doesn't clearly have any role to speak of.  If it's meant to be a glass cannon, it simply isn't.  :shrug:

Does that mean they will get the keywords? I think it's unlikely, but even just a warscroll update might make them more interesting.  

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, sorokyl said:

Lol.. they get their rumors from here, usually (and other places), but seems like they don't follow daily.  They posted about sons of behemat on a shipping mainfest 3 weeks after I discovered it (posted on this thread...)

If you follow this thread, i don't think you'll ever see anything "new" there rumor/news wise. 

The cheek of them!!

2 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

Ive heard Spikeybits is the Buzzfeed of Wargaming so this may mean nothing

Yeah, they also tend to lean toward negative commentary and use click bait to get traffic. Not as bad as the cringeworthy Bell of Lost Importance, but still not exactly a friendly site for fans.

3 hours ago, Indecisive said:

GW forget there is a preview this Saturday or something?

yeah they have only mention the preview once in a article last week and made a brief mention in the warhammer TV video and they haven't really talk about it at all since.

not even much fanfare from the Facebook page either, no teaser or countdown poster.

Edited by novakai