The Rumour Thread

10 minutes ago, CeleFAZE said:

I don't expect that the FAQ's or erratas will change much. For most armies I think it will just be a spell lore clarification for unique characters and minor changes to one or two rules where there are obvious issues (like pink horrors and the cap on squad sizes).

If it ends up being more than that I'll be pleasantly surprised. Though considering my own army's history with post-hoc revisions (Slaanesh nerfs) in many cases lean FAQ's are better than heavy-handed rebalancing.

Hoping for Hobgrots as battleline, maybe conditional with an option in the box.

• Like 4
  • LOVE IT! 1

1 minute ago, zilberfrid said:

Hoping for Hobgrots as battleline, maybe conditional with an option in the box.

New armies I can certainly see more significant updates for. Kruleboys and the new stormcast will likely have something for sure. Older armies probably won't see much of a change, however. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, CeleFAZE said:

New armies I can certainly see more significant updates for. Kruleboys and the new stormcast will likely have something for sure. Older armies probably won't see much of a change, however. 

For me it's mostly so the Destruction side of the box is playable. I love those orcs, and I want to see the internet flooded with them painted.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Aeryenn said:

In my opinion faq won't help much. Almost everything is clear in the new rules. Only few armies really need explanation like Ossiarch Bonereapers. What is needed is errata to fix few problems that new edition creates. Unless you are talking about both errata and faq 

yeah that's what I meant, but it's good that you correct it. It's definitely the errata I'm looking forward to.

3 minutes ago, Scurvydog said:

Old FAQs are back up on the community site. Only odd thing is a Beasts of Chaos FAQ listed as 02/07 however the content in it is from October 2018

Yeah I noticed that. Clearly they are getting ready to post the FAQs but there may be a bit of craziness in the mean time. I remember foreign language FAQs going up earlier in previous versions. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Chikout said:

Yeah I noticed that. Clearly they are getting ready to post the FAQs but there may be a bit of craziness in the mean time. I remember foreign language FAQs going up earlier in previous versions. 

Or... 

I fully expect this development to be GW telling us BoC players that the faq errata for this year is no faq errata for you this year 😛

Set expectations low, and all that.

• Haha 2

From AoS RPG

“Most disturbing of all is the fate of Barak-Durmmaz, a sky-port entirely overwhelmed by the Nighthaunt advance. Death has not abated their hunger for aether-gold, and now sky-fleets must contest with undead Duardin in the race for airborne resources”

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 7

5 hours ago, CeleFAZE said:

I don't expect that the FAQ's or erratas will change much. For most armies I think it will just be a spell lore clarification for unique characters and minor changes to one or two rules where there are obvious issues (like pink horrors and the cap on squad sizes).

If it ends up being more than that I'll be pleasantly surprised. Though considering my own army's history with post-hoc revisions (Slaanesh nerfs) in many cases lean FAQ's are better than heavy-handed rebalancing.

I think the majority of the material in FAQs will be regarding the "Coalition" rules mentioned in the GHB. There were some pretty suspicious changes to allies so I'm thinking Coalition options will be added. (Sylvaneth and Wanderers and BOC/STD/Chaos are the most obvious examples)

After that, its probably just spell clarification, command ability cleanup, and probably some clearer faction terrain verbage. 

1 minute ago, Dawnmane said:

Do you expect the webstore to be overloaded by people preordering Blood Bowl pitches? It's not really a big preorder weekend ;)

What if they are mass updating Warscrolls, or something?

I dont believe that for a second, but it would be cool.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Drezden said:

From AoS RPG

“Most disturbing of all is the fate of Barak-Durmmaz, a sky-port entirely overwhelmed by the Nighthaunt advance. Death has not abated their hunger for aether-gold, and now sky-fleets must contest with undead Duardin in the race for airborne resources”

Wasn't there an entry in the Nighthaunt Battletome about them turning a Kharadron fleet as well?

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Scurvydog said:

About as likely as a surprise Chaos Dwarf army appearing for preorder with a new tome, as well as a second print of Cursed City boxes going out at half price ;) 

If you are talking about impactful warscroll rebalancing I agree, but they might be unifying the language on existing warscrolls. Making sure all unit champions are listed as champions, making the ability of that one skink priest an actual prayer, that sort of thing.

A snippet from the new Khorne article that explains how coalition rules will work:

The new coalition rules allow you to take units from Slaves to Darkness with the Mark of Khorne, and one in every four units can be from the Beasts of Chaos faction. These gain the Khorne keyword, meaning Beasts of Chaos can be easily added to a Blades of Khorne army and can even have Artefacts of Power. 

We are all Cities of Sigmar now.

Edited by Neil Arthur Hotep
  • Like 5

Just now, Austin said:

I think I missed something. The coalition rules are in the GHB?

Coalition was mentioned in either the GHB or BRB. And it was touched on in one of the Warcom articles. 

Its basically the new way that they define situations such as fielding Stormcast in cities or STD/BOC in Chaos armies and vice versa.

All we know so far is that they don't contribute to battleline,  can gain enhancements, and are distinct from Allies. The full info will be in the upcoming faction FAQs. 

Wanderers were dropped from Sylvaneth allies for the first time in 5 years (despite Dispossessed remaining) so it def looks like Coalition may be more widely available than just Chaos and Cities. 

• Thanks 1