The Rumour Thread

1 hour ago, Kaleb Daark said:

Can I interest sir in a Daemon flask of Ashak from the original Tamurkhan book?

image.jpeg.41c947e3a32ebb141950d0d9012e770f.jpeg

or failing that, would sir prefer the blood of Hashut from the old legion warscroll?

image.jpeg.4687cc9ced5bcdf04bdee84aee3af7d0.jpeg

I’ll take a potato cam photo if you have it🙃

Edited by Loyal Son of Khemri
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Scurvydog said:

Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment

I wouldn't be surprised if it's just Soulblight and we get all the other FAQs Saturday but I can't imagine that would bring down the whole section.

feel like they haven't really been promoting the next preview stream as much, they barely mention it in the preview article without looking at the warhammer schedule or watching the video, no countdown teaser poster, no easy timezone converter poster, and lack of marketing.

Edit: granted its only tuesday

Edited by novakai

16 minutes ago, novakai said:

feel like they haven't really been promoting the next preview stream as much, they barely mention it in the preview article without looking at the warhammer schedule or watching the video, no countdown teaser poster, no easy timezone converter poster, and lack of marketing.

I bet it will ramp up from tomorrow as its the last army focus.

Wouldnt be suprised if we get the FAQs on Thursday as well. 

8 minutes ago, Ogregut said:

I bet it will ramp up from tomorrow as its the last army focus.

Wouldnt be suprised if we get the FAQs on Thursday as well. 

pretty sure they confirm that FAQ would come days after the launch of the box (july 3rd)

so most likely next week unless they change their minds

Edited by novakai

24 minutes ago, novakai said:

pretty sure they confirm that FAQ would come days after the launch of the box (july 3rd)

so most likely next week unless they change their minds

I believe they said 'within days of launch', which theoretically could mean before or after...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, novakai said:

Yeah we usually get the silhouettes running up until a Preview, hopefully Thursday or Friday that starts.

Guys a thought just struck me. So the poster factions for each GA for 3.0 seem to be Stormcast, Orruks, Soulblight, and Slaves to Darkness. The Stormies and Orruks are gonna get Battletomes very soon with the rest of their waves and Soulblight just got one. So therefore, it’d be reasonable to assume that maybe STD are gonna be the first faction to get a Battletome. It could be like how Beasts in 2.0 only got scenery - Slaves get some scenery as well as updated warscrolls and rules for Be’lakor and the like. Then maybe the factions that actually desperately need a release (IDK, Nurgle, Nighthaunt) will come with possibly a new faction in between. 

Edited by JustAsPlanned

40 minutes ago, JustAsPlanned said:

Guys a thought just struck me. So the poster factions for each GA for 3.0 seem to be Stormcast, Orruks, Soulblight, and Slaves to Darkness. The Stormies and Orruks are gonna get Battletomes very soon with the rest of their waves and Soulblight just got one. So therefore, it’d be reasonable to assume that maybe STD are gonna be the first faction to get a Battletome. It could be like how Beasts in 2.0 only got scenery - Slaves get some scenery as well as updated warscrolls and rules for Be’lakor and the like. Then maybe the factions that actually desperately need a release (IDK, Nurgle, Nighthaunt) will come with possibly a new faction in between. 

i wouldn't bet on it since they did the same thing last edition and it wasn't indicative of anything on the schedule

3 hours ago, JustAsPlanned said:

Slaves to Darkness have always been in a weird state of being both the posterboy faction for chaos, while also being strangely unrepresented in the rules. If I remember correctly Stormcast were on their second Battletome before Slaves even got their first, so I wouldn't take prevalence or focus as any sign of an impending update. 

27 minutes ago, CeleFAZE said:

Slaves to Darkness have always been in a weird state of being both the posterboy faction for chaos, while also being strangely unrepresented in the rules. If I remember correctly Stormcast were on their second Battletome before Slaves even got their first, so I wouldn't take prevalence or focus as any sign of an impending update. 

I am probably projecting as it is my favourite faction, but I really feel like GW was really trying to develop a concrete narrative and aesthetic for all the main God factions before focusing back on the Undivided side of Chaos. 

Slaanesh somewhat broke from this by having the split release, but otherwise GW did a really good job of creating a basis for the God specific factions before working on Slaves to Darkness, and S2D got a fantastic release with great models and ostensibly kick started a great game system in Warcry. Now we are hopefully going to see that love spread to our bestial and rodent brethren. As well as the rumblings of a possible Chaos Dwarf release, I feel Chaos is second only to Death in terms of having a coherent range of minis and dedicated set of rules.

I feel Destruction is getting close, whereas Order feels like it will need to make a few more soups and possibly strain a few others to strike a more reasonable balance... 

Edited by Neverchosen
  • Like 4
  • LOVE IT! 1

43 minutes ago, Neverchosen said:

I am probably projecting as it is my favourite faction, but I really feel like GW was really trying to develop a concrete narrative and aesthetic for all the main God factions before focusing back on the Undivided side of Chaos. 

Slaanesh somewhat broke from this by having the split release, but otherwise GW did a really good job of creating a basis for the God specific factions before working on Slaves to Darkness, and S2D got a fantastic release with great models and ostensibly kick started a great game system in Warcry. Now we are hopefully going to see that love spread to our bestial and rodent brethren. As well as the rumblings of a possible Chaos Dwarf release, I feel Chaos is second only to Death in terms of having a coherent range of minis and dedicated set of rules.

I feel Destruction is getting close, whereas Order feels like it will need to make a few more soups and possibly strain a few others to strike a more reasonable balance... 

I can foresee order condensing a bit, for sure. I'm not a dwarf player, so I'm not as attached to the core identities of the various flavors, but I could see them souped into something like warclans, and I wouldn't be terribly surprised if they took the lazy way out with Kurnothi by souping the wanderers from CoS into the Sylvaneth book. I've been debating diving into playing Living City, but the prospect of an eventual kurnothi release for Sylvaneth has me hesitant.

It would be nice to know what kind of roadmap there is for future releases, as I really think it would do more good than harm for sales if people could get an idea of what's on the horizon.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, CeleFAZE said:

I can foresee order condensing a bit, for sure. I'm not a dwarf player, so I'm not as attached to the core identities of the various flavors, but I could see them souped into something like warclans, and I wouldn't be terribly surprised if they took the lazy way out with Kurnothi by souping the wanderers from CoS into the Sylvaneth book. I've been debating diving into playing Living City, but the prospect of an eventual kurnothi release for Sylvaneth has me hesitant.

It would be nice to know what kind of roadmap there is for future releases, as I really think it would do more good than harm for sales if people could get an idea of what's on the horizon.

Everyone's always talking about Souping Dwarfs...

I say we Soup the 14 Factions of Elves then Squat them. 

:D

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 14

Reddit is looking for deeper meaning in a photo of a German brochure from the Dominion. In short, German speakers translate that the grungni is creating a completely new army (not a squad in new armor). Everyone is dancing and rejoicing at the new gnomes.

oumAbt4epGY.jpg

Edited by Drezden
  • Like 5

8 minutes ago, Drezden said:

Reddit is looking for deeper meaning in a photo of a German brochure from the Dominion. In short, German speakers translate that the grungni is creating a completely new army (not a squad in new armor). Everyone is dancing and rejoicing at the new gnomes.

oumAbt4epGY.jpg

Translation:

"A new deity takes his place in history: Kragnos, the End of Empires, God of Earthquakes, driving force behind the Grand Alliance of Destruction. Meanwhile, an old friend returns in the background - Grungni, the Great Creator, Maker-God of the Duardin. He has returned to readjust the balance of the pentheon. And as a first step he sets out to create a completely new army..."

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

Translation:

"A new deity takes his place in history: Kragnos, the End of Empires, God of Earthquakes, driving force behind the Grand Alliance of Destruction. Meanwhile, an old friend returns in the background - Grungni, the Great Creator, Maker-God of the Duardin. He has returned to readjust the balance of the pentheon. And as a first step he sets out to create a completely new army..."

Pretty sure we were talking about this exact quote over a week ago. 

46 minutes ago, Dawnmane said:

oh man if the FAQs drop today I will be so happy. It's the first day of my summer holiday.

In my opinion faq won't help much. Almost everything is clear in the new rules. Only few armies really need explanation like Ossiarch Bonereapers. What is needed is errata to fix few problems that new edition creates. Unless you are talking about both errata and faq 

I don't expect that the FAQ's or erratas will change much. For most armies I think it will just be a spell lore clarification for unique characters and minor changes to one or two rules where there are obvious issues (like pink horrors and the cap on squad sizes).

If it ends up being more than that I'll be pleasantly surprised. Though considering my own army's history with post-hoc revisions (Slaanesh nerfs) in many cases lean FAQ's are better than heavy-handed rebalancing.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Aeryenn said:

In my opinion faq won't help much. Almost everything is clear in the new rules. Only few armies really need explanation like Ossiarch Bonereapers. What is needed is errata to fix few problems that new edition creates. Unless you are talking about both errata and faq 

FAQ and Errata are basically the same thing in this context as GW don’t release one without the other, although they are technically 2 separate documents