The Rumour Thread

1 hour ago, Black_Templar_Lad said:

I thought I read their comment as only the sludgeraker (?) was incorrect and was instead a hawk? 

I'm going to pretend that's the case because I really really really really really.... 

Really really really really want a giant gator swamp monster. Like, really want, a giant gator swamp monster. 

So...Giant Gator yes?!

1 hour ago, Fuchur said:

There is a like from Whitefang on this post so I think there is at least hope for #teamgator. On the other hand a hawk instead of a giant bat would still be a downgrade in my opinion   😀

Sweet baby Behemat...are we going to get a Kruelboyz Leatherhead!?

5945758-tmnt57_cvr-mockonly.jpg

• LOVE IT! 3

On 6/23/2021 at 3:56 PM, Deepkin said:

I mean no offense to anyone in this situation, but do you perhaps work for GW or something? 

Asking because you consistently shill pretty hard for them, which is understandable if they pay you to do so.

I guess you don't read many of my posts (understandable! Lol.).

Then again, you say I consistently shill for them, so I guess that implies you do read them?

Anyway, no, I no longer work for them. I did for almost 12 years back in the 90's and early 2000's, but that ended somewhat bitterly. It took me a while to get over that. I also was a playtester back in 6th (7th?), even got my name in the book and several Army Books. That ended, too, much to my chagrin.

If there's one thing I do consistently when talking about GW it's present a fair view (edit: I will acknowledge that some emotion - good and bad - creeps in now and then). Even beyond GW, I've always believed in listening to alternate views, seeing other perspectives, etc. Sure, I have some nigh-unshakable views (NMM has almost zero place in painting 3D objects, for example), but there's an idea I pretty much live by:

"Have an opinion on everything. Be prepared to change it when persuaded by new info, but start with an opinion on everything."

Often my views on GW are supportive. This is due in part to my time there, but it's more due to understanding marketing, believing in IP and other businesses rights, hating piracy in all its forms, and understanding that they sell a hobby as opposed to food, clothing, or shelter.

I do have my (often voiced) criticisms of them, including a number of pricing and product decisions. In fact, I've had temp bans and warning points here, likely due in part to being aggressively critical of GW. 

And that brings me to the last point. The rules of this forum very heavily lean into presenting positive takes on the hobby, and since we choose to participate in a private forum knowing these rules going in, I try to operate within that spirit.

Edited by Sleboda
  • Like 16
  • Confused 2

3 hours ago, Fuchur said:

So, am I right that the person who leaked "Mouth of Mork" before it was released in the story did say, that the leaks about the Kruleboyz monsters are wrong? So maybe there is no giant gator and no giant bat with scorpion tail? That would be a huge disappointment tbh...

These leaks sound really solid to me both description and rules :

Sludgeraker : is a  huge crocodilian that's more of a force of nature than a unit.
16W, 2+ save, ignores wounds or mortals on a 6, main weapon (it's jaws) is 5/+3/+3/-3/D4. +1 to wound rolls if it charged.
After the first time it fights it *MUST* charge the nearest enemy if able for the rest of the game, although a Breaka-boss can check it for a command point.

Skyrippa : is a giant bat with a scorpion tail ride by a killaboss.
8W, 3 up save, 16 move. Can deep strike. -1 to be hit.

Giant Hawk really does not fit Kruleboyz style and from last BR short story "Mouth of Mork" seems to be  an artefact not a charachter.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Gothmaug said:

Or add a special ability to the ogre foot units: "Front Of the Line" A hungry horde of ogres is a chaotic  jumble of teeth and flesh contantly shifting as each ogre fights its way to the front. "single reinforced units of ogres  are treated as a 5 man unit for the determination of model coherency"

But A string of 18 ogors is not what GW wants... ifs goofy and does not look great on the tabletop either

I think a much more simple, elegant fix for Ogors (and other 40mm models, like Blightkings) is to give them a 2" attack range. You can attack 2 deep with 40mm base if you have 2" attacks.  And honestly, if a grot can reach 2" with a spear, an ogor can reach 2" with a club.  Go ahead and get your caliper and measure those arms and weapons!   32mm would still be in an odd spot. 

If they don't take a new Warclans book as an opportunity to release Foot of Gork as an endless spell, they're nuts.

That spell surely seems like the original endless spell to me.

I want a giant, glowing, disembodied foot floating around on my tables!

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

18 minutes ago, Sleboda said:

If they don't take a new Warclans book as an opportunity to release Foot of Gork as an endless spell, they're nuts.

That spell surely seems like the original endless spell to me.

I want a giant, glowing, disembodied foot floating around on my tables!

I'm hoping for that, plus something like Forbidden Power with a couple more Ghur-specific spells. Amber Spear could be a classic predatory "D3 mw on a unit it moves over + some other effect". Maybe something like one with a big fissure in the ground that can push units around (like the Alarith power). Also they'd *need* to have something like the Gnashing Jaws that goes around and eats other endless spells. A predatory endless spell that is a predator to other endless spells is the most Ghur-ish endless spell you can get!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cyrus said:

These leaks sound really solid to me both description and rules :

Sludgeraker : is a  huge crocodilian that's more of a force of nature than a unit.
16W, 2+ save, ignores wounds or mortals on a 6, main weapon (it's jaws) is 5/+3/+3/-3/D4. +1 to wound rolls if it charged.
After the first time it fights it *MUST* charge the nearest enemy if able for the rest of the game, although a Breaka-boss can check it for a command point.

Skyrippa : is a giant bat with a scorpion tail ride by a killaboss.
8W, 3 up save, 16 move. Can deep strike. -1 to be hit.

Giant Hawk really does not fit Kruleboyz style and from last BR short story "Mouth of Mork" seems to be  an artefact not a charachter.

Didnt the shortstory talk about a teamup since its herald of mork tagteaming with the herald of gork? Double the power and some more brains? Never saw an artefact in it... Before he mentioned the mouth he was talking about an artefact but afterwards he clearly mentioned an ally that could aid him in an alternative plan since he messed up by not bringing the artefact

Edited by Aturox

I dont know how put the spoiler window so i gonna alert.

SPOILER of last white dwarf next......

Last white dwarf have told us that grugnir have reforged(revived) to grombrindal.

And he have done so grombrindal gonna be who gather together every dwarf race in a same army all together.

And he have told us the reason from lore to do it:

Fyreslayers: was a huge surprise but he told us that grinnir is alive but isnt ready to come back yet,so in place of his brother he gonna help them.

Kharadrons: he know that dwarfs dont forget grudges and he got a huge grudge when he left alone to the kharadrons in the era of khaos,this is the reason that he revived to grombrindral,because they wont follow him(grugnir due to grudges), but they gonna follow to the white dwarf.

So i think is 100% for sure we gonna get a next dwarf soup tome with the new mini of grombrindall and kharadrons and fureslayers togethers,i hope dispossesseed and ironweld too but they havent said anything of them in the history.

As dwarf player im veeeery happy and i cant wait to know more

• Like 6
  • Sad 2

5 minutes ago, Doko said:

Last white dwarf have told us that grugnir have reforged(revived) to grombrindal.

And he have done so grombrindal gonna be who gather together every dwarf race in a same army all together.

Fyreslayers: was a huge surprise but he told us that grinnir is alive but isnt ready to come back yet,so in place of his brother he gonna help them.

Kharadrons: he know that dwarfs dont forget grudges and he got a huge grudge when he left alone to the kharadrons in the era of khaos,this is the reason that he revived to grombrindral,because they wont follow him(grugnir due to grudges), but they gonna follow to the white dwarf.

So i think is 100% for sure we gonna get a next dwarf soup tome with the new mini of grombrindall and kharadrons and fureslayers togethers,i hope dispossesseed and ironweld too but they havent said anything of them in the history.

I hope Dispossessed stay an option in Cities of Sigmar even if they get combined into a dwarf list. :/ Getting tired of constantly having to reforge my armies into something entirely different every couple of editions.

It kind of feels like GW twisting the knife - first they insist on breaking the old Fantasy armies up, then they kill off most of the units and put the leftovers together in Cities of Sigmar. Now GW have decided to merge them back into racial armies once again. 

i wouldn't be at all surprised if 4th edition AoS uses square bases.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Whitefang said:

Grungni has hidden a lot of ancestor spirits away from Nagash for purpose unknown

WHITEFANG DONT THIS TO ME, I CAN ONLY FILTER THROUGH THE BONES AND GORE FOR SO LONG. YOU'RE MUSINGS GIVE ME BOTH LIFE AND PAIN THROUGH ANXIOUS WAITING.

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

I was sure that a new army was coming,because they told us how he was for hundreds of years working in his forge,but then they tell us that he was working all this time in give form to the historys(some bizzarre) of the white dwarf and reforge him.

At one point he describe how some big flying ships come to the rescue of the last dwarfs(i think this history is speaking about how the dispossessed went to the air and became kharadrons so nothing new and only the firsts kharadrons ships) and how these ships dont use steam engine as gyrocopters but he used the endrills with the waste of grugnirs forge.

But they said that the fumes of his forge are called aethergold and that can keep for 50 years in the air the biggest kharadrons citys,so i think they are soeaking bout the first kharadrons ships.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Doko said:

Trying to tempt Kharadron with a Dwesus? What are his mehrets then?

I got a chance to read the short story and its honestly amazing. 

Spoiler

Pretty much has Grungni wandering the realms near the beginning of the Age of Chaos and interacting with several gods while witnessing everything going to (literal) hell. It's dark and the author did a good job painting the individual scenarios with such limited space.  He talks with Sigmar as he watches the Fyreslayers slowly losing a siege.  He meets up with Tyrion after the big disaster in the realm of light while the local Dwarfs evacuate.  Nagash speaks to him through the body of a dead Dwarf (and I do think that the fact Grungni is keeping a realm of Dwarf spirits around is a new reveal).  He witnesses Khorne himself destroy a magical floating city.

But the best part is the end.  Grungni is at the scene for the fall of the biggest Dwarf hold still standing in Chamon and Tzeentch is mutating and transforming the area.  This is the darkest moment and full of despair but Grungni starts to smile.  He looks up and sees his children fleeing in custom endrin ships, something he never created.  His children have finally surpassed him.  There is still hope. 

God I loved Dwarfs and especially Kharadron.  Gave me goose bumps to read. 

Edited by King Under the Mountain
  • Like 15
  • LOVE IT! 7