The Rumour Thread

1 minute ago, Clan's Cynic said:

You have to subscribe for a year (£60) and only get one of them for 'free'. 

£50 if you get it one year at a time. Still, it's pretty much right on the bubble of what I would pay for a dedicated Warhammer streaming service.

• Like 1

I'm disheartened that people are being won over by a 'free' model they're clearly leading with when the service itself will only start with a few episodes of two shows.

Even the digital library it sounds like they're going to timegate with 'new titles added every week'. Looking at the screen cap, none of the books are current edition stuff either, just outdated splatbooks for 7th 40k/Realmgate Wars.

Edited by Clan's Cynic
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 1

Looks like you'll be able to buy the exclusive minis, "for a few teef" probably after they get delivered to customers. SO at least a year out. 

The new ironjaw model is wonderful, but its just a megaboss resculpt. So no new warscroll. for a moment I was hoping for a unique named character, or a new warscroll to add some utility to the line. But hey, at this point all take anything new and shiny for ironjawz. Not sure if I want a digital subscription though. we'll see..

12 minutes ago, King Under the Mountain said:

Not trying to be negative but most of this I can get on YouTube for free (not the model obviously). 

They really need off the chart production quality to really sell the whole thing as a paid service. 

Or to vastly reduce the access to their products they have been giving to other Streamers up to this point

Nothing GW does is out of altruism

I think it's probably worth a look at after it's proven itself - once there's a proven wealth of content. For example, if they only release one battle report a week and it's alternating between 40k and AoS, and they don't cover the armies you're interested in, it's probably not worth it. If they do a high quality battle report a day on the other hand and vary armies considerably, it could be.

I think the service needs to prove itself.

So £50 to access a platform that has a tiny amount of content compared to YouTube. The animations do looks cool though and the mini you can just whack on eBay if it’s not to your fancy and get some of that £50 back. Devil will be in the detail for me. How much content will be released each week? Will the army apps be built into that price? Most importantly can this be watched off an XBOX or PlayStation so I can enjoy the content properly on the TV or will it just be a website?

• Like 2

free model came with the yearly White Dwarf Abo in the past, nothing I am excited about

will include the App, for similar price and the Animations as well as the the former free content

I guess we are done with stand alone e-books in AoS as well and you get all the old books with the App/WH+ and the new ones if you buy the physical one

7 minutes ago, Gothmaug said:

Looks like you'll be able to buy the exclusive minis, "for a few teef" probably after they get delivered to customers. SO at least a year out. 

The new ironjaw model is wonderful, but its just a megaboss resculpt. So no new warscroll. for a moment I was hoping for a unique named character, or a new warscroll to add some utility to the line. But hey, at this point all take anything new and shiny for ironjawz. Not sure if I want a digital subscription though. we'll see..

If I was a subscriber paying for that model and then it got released a year later I wouldn't be subscribing again 

• Like 1

Overall, I'm neither pleasantly surprised nor grievously offended by the offering. It's about what I expected. Basically just putting stuff that the community already does for free behind a paywall, but rent-seeking off of their largely captive audience is pretty much the norm for GW. The price is neither a truly good deal, nor outrageously extortionate. If masterclass and battle report are high quality, I could see it being vaguely worth the price of admission.

Edit: With the apps included, I'll probably at least give it a month to check it out.

Edited by EnumaEilish

1 hour ago, Vasshpit said:

Link to story, pleassssseeeee!!!

https://www.warhammer-community.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/06/RbqM77rLccEl9n85.pdf?utm_source=CUSTOMERS&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=GW_23rd_June_Broken_Realms_ENG_&utm_content=&utm_term=&m_i=3Gh3RmfBzx_LTNFmiu844lcY5rtGI_zo0XCZs1xxeVkznnH9gSVBwN0h0kAaB_CCXBJ8Z5Fq_QgJ7ekA6aXgdhVnXqPxOqh339

This is a good story. From how Gordrakk thinks of Kragnos

Spoiler

He’d seen an opportunity when that god-thing had turned up, the horse-looking one with the earthquake hooves that Skragrott had called Krag-Nostrils or something. Seemed like a decent asset, so Gordrakk had offered him a proper fight to test him out.
It’d been a good scrap, one of his best, and he smiled at the recollection. At the end of it, when the Bad Moon had called it a draw, Gordrakk had grudgingly agreed to let the god live – just like when Gorkamorka had joined forces after his duel with Sigmar. One battering ram was good, but two was better, and he had a city to smash.

to 'Mork' trying to convince Gordrakk to do what he wants. Whatever about what it suggests for future directions in the background, it's just fun.

Spoiler

‘You know wot,’ said the orruk warlord, looking up at a sky already lit by the light of a new dawn as the Bonesplitter shuffled off. ‘I might just do that. Thanks, Gork.’

😀

• Like 4
  • LOVE IT! 2

I'm a big fan of Louise's painting style so cautiously optimistic for the masterclass. The idea of Warhammer+ seemed real dumb to me when it was first announced, but now seeing the full scope of what's included it seems like a reasonable deal for anyone who is actually going to use a good portion of what is included. But no epubs for AoS 3 battletomes is a bummer.

Edited by frostyeel
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, King Under the Mountain said:

Okay, the Vault with the White Dwarfs is pretty cool.  

If it was every issue up to the end of 2020 it might even been a done deal for me.  Loved the ones from what I was a wee lad and would like to revist. 

I figure they'll steadily add more, however at some stage I suspect its more and more work for them to dig up the old issues. Then again GW has an impressive collection of their material archived. I've really loved their reprints of the old Inferno Magazines. 

I'm tempted to drop my WD and get Warhammer + instead; esp as the painting and battle reports might be a touch more in depth than what WD currently offers. Though I do prefer things in paper and the art covers are very nice on the WD.