The Rumour Thread

8 hours ago, Deakz28 said:

We got a lot of hints from Whitefang over the past month or so about dragons coming, the almighty even pointed out one in the Kragnos cave painting and mentioned it’s forked tail specifically :) exciting times ahead! 

unfortunately i got a sad react to the quoted post so... 😭

I'd be cool with an alligator or frog, but I wonder if they'd go in a different swamp-y direction. Something like a giant catfish or leech? Maybe cross the catfish with a whale shark, it just glides across the ground with it's mouth open. It just swallows people, never chews.

34 minutes ago, Arzalyn said:

While a Wyvern seems reasonable, this is AoS we are talking about. If Gordrakk can have a who-knows-how-that-fly dragon cabbage hybrid the mount of the Mouth of Mork need to be just as awesome and swamp evoking! I would expect nothing less than a giant Squirrel-Alligator hybrid with dragonfly-like wings!

GW doesn't do many wierd and unique creature creations, most of their non-chaos designs are grounded in real world creatures to a degree.  I'd love to see some new strange magical beast of Ghur, but chances are it will be something recognizable and familiar to us in the real world. 

Personally I'd love to see a modern GW version of Lewis Carols Jabberwocky from Alice in Wonderland. 

Jabberwocky - Alice-in-Wonderland.net

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, EnumaEilish said:

Someone posted a screenshot. Not a ton of info.

1624461134436.jpg

Since they’ve named something we’ve just heard gordrakk going to there could be some real credibility to this, of course it could’ve been an epic fluke! 

Can someone point me to a post (in this thread or elsewhere) that discusses the new table sizes as outlined in the Battlepacks? I'm lucky enough to have access to a fabulous room in a shared workspace I recently started helping to run and plan monthly AoS game days starting next month.

The problem (if it is a problem) is that the two tables I have to work with are each 49" x 59," so no the 4' x 6' I believe was standard in previous editions. I've heard a lot of talk about smaller tables, but is this going to prevent me from offering anything larger than 1,000 point games? I have ideas for workarounds that might get me up to 4' x 6' but I don't want to go to the trouble if I don't have to.

54 minutes ago, Snarff said:

I'd be really sad about a Duardin soup personally, but some new models for both KO and FS could soften the blow a bit. So far it unfortunately just seems to be a Grombrindal model, which is not particularly interesting to either faction.

Oh anything could be coming just nothing has been lauded to -not even a Grombrindal model so wait and see. They might be a way off anyway so could be ages before we see anything. But don't think its out of the question for KO or Fyreslayers to get a model or two under a Duardin Nations [I hate calling it soup] release. And as someone said the design of new Duardin could sit them very well beside KO and Fyreslayers so might not be the disappointment many are expecting. The current dispossessed don't sit incredibly well beside some of the new stuff but they are older kits with a different design ethos. bets not to lose hope just yet. ;)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Gothmaug said:

GW doesn't do many wierd and unique creature creations, most of their non-chaos designs are grounded in real world creatures to a degree.  I'd love to see some new strange magical beast of Ghur, but chances are it will be something recognizable and familiar to us in the real world. 

Yeah, I was mostly joking as people usually say AoS is full of weird stuff. My beat would be on the Wyvern too, as they want to keep the "old orks" nostalgia.

11 minutes ago, EnumaEilish said:

Someone posted a screenshot. Not a ton of info.

1624461134436.jpg

Really hope we get more beasts for the boyz, Destruction need more beasts! As this one was posted two days ago (rather than on the same day the new information came out) it's possible it has some legs...

2 minutes ago, Christopher Rowe said:

Can someone point me to a post (in this thread or elsewhere) that discusses the new table sizes as outlined in the Battlepacks? I'm lucky enough to have access to a fabulous room in a shared workspace I recently started helping to run and plan monthly AoS game days starting next month.

The problem (if it is a problem) is that the two tables I have to work with are each 49" x 59," so no the 4' x 6' I believe was standard in previous editions. I've heard a lot of talk about smaller tables, but is this going to prevent me from offering anything larger than 1,000 point games? I have ideas for workarounds that might get me up to 4' x 6' but I don't want to go to the trouble if I don't have to.

New table size is 44" x 60" for 2000 point games, just like 40k. Either call the 59" good enough or put a foam board on top and accept a minimal overhang.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, silverstu said:

Oh anything could be coming just nothing has been lauded to -not even a Grombrindal model so wait and see. They might be a way off anyway so could be ages before we see anything. But don't think its out of the question for KO or Fyreslayers to get a model or two under a Duardin Nations [I hate calling it soup] release. And as someone said the design of new Duardin could sit them very well beside KO and Fyreslayers so might not be the disappointment many are expecting. The current dispossessed don't sit incredibly well beside some of the new stuff but they are older kits with a different design ethos. bets not to lose hope just yet. ;)

A model or two would not be much though. Both those factions have so much more potential that would be wasted if they get souped, seeing that Ironjawz and Bonesplitterz so far seem to still be getting nothing. I like Fyreslayers and KO because of their separate aesthetics and cultures, playing them alongside each other would not only be a giant mess rulewise, but the two aesthetics don't merge well. Even with a connecting faction (which would be disappointing too since there's so much more interesting stuff they could be doing with Duardin). The prospect of a single Duardin tome while Lumineth, Sylvaneth, Idoneth and Daughters are all separate (with Umbraneth and some Kurnothi rumours going around as well) feels super bad, like they've just given up on FS and KO.

8 minutes ago, Arzalyn said:

Really hope we get more beasts for the boyz, Destruction need more beasts! As this one was posted two days ago (rather than on the same day the new information came out) it's possible it has some legs...

When you sift through the Destruction catalogue, they have shockingly few non-hero Monsters. Or even just Monsters in general for an allegiance dedicated to rampage.

Edited by Mutton

45 minutes ago, Dreddships said:

With the very classic WFB Greenskin inspiration, I could see something akin to the Wyvern for Kruelboyz.

Extend the jaw and it's an alligator too

s-l600.jpg

I still have that guy on my "up next" painting bench, where he's been for at least 10 years. At least he's basecoated! :P

Just now, Clan's Cynic said:

'Free' probably means you have to subscribe for X period of time, likely long enough for what you'd pay at retail anyway.

But that also means I get all of the other stuff for free in that timeframe if I want the model anyway so could be way worse

7 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

So nothing most people weren't predicting.

• Exclusive models
  • Battle reports
  • Advanced painting tutorials
  • Animations

I think the only thing I hadn't seen predicted were the lore videos

Not trying to be negative but most of this I can get on YouTube for free (not the model obviously). 

They really need off the chart production quality to really sell the whole thing as a paid service. 

Edited by King Under the Mountain
  • Like 3

Just now, Matrindur said:

image.png.71c0c43c862f91a9edc1ea54bf1b4dd6.pngBetter image

Lovely looking git right there.

5 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

So nothing most people weren't predicting.

• Exclusive models
  • Battle reports
  • Advanced painting tutorials
  • Animations

I think the only thing I hadn't seen predicted were the lore videos

Seriously I would rather have an actual warhammer preview than this. My disappointment is grudge worthy.

To be honest something about the Killaboss on Great Gnashtoof's helmet gave me Witch King of Angmar vibes (maybe a bit influenced by mischievous, leaner kruleboyz reminding me of LOTR orcs), so someone similar with a wyvern mount somewhat reminiscent of a fellbeast would be a perfect fit for me.

• Like 1