The Rumour Thread

1 minute ago, Ogregut said:

New broken realms story is awesome! 

Links back into the very first one and hints at something very good for IJ players! 

Bring it on!! 

Yeah I thought it looked pretty good for the Iron Jaws..

2 minutes ago, Sarouan said:

Oh Grungni sure thinks so, or he wouldn't tell Grombrindal this to justify he needed someone else to reunite the duardins. ;)

Pretty cool that Grimnir is just out there chilling until he fancies coming back...

15 minutes ago, Acrozatarim said:

I still really hope we see the return of Valaya, that possibly being the instigator for Grimnir's restoration in turn.

Yeah Valaya, or even the mention of her possible return would add a lot to the duardin pantheon.

21 minutes ago, King Under the Mountain said:

Interesting that we will have the Avatar of Grungni and the Avatar of Grimnir running around. 

I really love that actually -rather than the gods themselves their Avatars make a lot of sense, plus both those characters have a lot of love from dwarf players/collectors. The prospect of a Grombrindal model of the same quality as the Gotrek model is an excellent possibility .. as my old mate Harry used to say BRING IT ON!

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

25 minutes ago, Snorri Nelriksson said:

So he could return?

Nice confirmation of that.

The Virgin Daughters of Khaine

• Their true god isn't coming back
  • Led by a fraud, their sacrifices are for nothing
  • Had to steal the 'reviving our god' schtick 
  • Can barely hold onto their captured City
  • The leader has to be bailed out by an actual Dwarf god (sad!)
  • So pasty they'd probably combust if they came within an inch of a Fyreslayer

The CHAD Fyreslayers

• Their god is real and coming back eventually
  • Their sacrifices and successes have real benefits
  • Made richer by the Age of Chaos
  • Many impenetrable Magmaholds
  • Great banter between cousins
  • Suns out, guns out

Edited by Clan's Cynic
  • Like 6
  • Haha 6
  • LOVE IT! 4

30 minutes ago, Scurvydog said:

Orruks never got the nice 2.0 treatment, so did not really have anything to lose, but still as a pure Ironjawz player getting the Warclans book with just 3 very similar sub factions, no terrain, no spells or anything, with the tradeoff of having Bonesplitterz stuff in my tome I had no interest in, was a poor tradeoff. 

As Ironjaws is what got me started in this hobby, I was also less than thrilled with the bonesplitters/ironjawz combination from an army aesthetics point of view. But I recently came up with a work around. Have you seen the newest Orks comming for 40K? The Beast Snaggas? I'm planning on picking up their army box upon release and converting all the savage looking  Ork boys to use as bonesplitters in my Big waagh! lists. They've got a nice savage appearance, and their aesthetic seems like a great intermediate between ironjawz and bonesplitters. Just got to convert the weapons, which isnt that hard. And as a bonus, I will also end up with Orks on Squigs as Gore Grunta proxies! 

I did split a box of Dominion with a local stormcast player, the value was too good to pass up. I'll use the Kruelboyz in a big waagh or as allies to an ironjawz list. At least until the new warclans book comes out and we see what the new options are. I've always wanted some ranged capability, siege weapons, and big monsters in my ironjawz lists, so Kruelboys may fit the bill. Heck I got a bunch of crossbow wielding brutes (inspired by Chris Tomlin's fantastic black ork army) that I used to use as proxies for gitmob spear chukkas, that will soon be making a return as Manskewer boltboyz.  

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Ogregut said:

New broken realms story is awesome! 

Links back into the very first one and hints at something very good for IJ players! 

Bring it on!! 

Absolutely howling at Kroak being referred to as "the big frog lad" 

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Gothmaug said:

I will also end up with Orks on Squigs as Gore Grunta proxies!

I was thinking of grabbing those squig riders for the exact same purpose. I like their lighter armour to have a unit that's closer in look to the the Kruleboyz.

1 hour ago, Sarouan said:

Basically, Grombrindal is the plan. That's why Grungni forged him anew as he did teach Sigmar to make Stormcast Eternals. He's the one to reunite the duardins together, since Grungni knows a lot of its children will need time to get over about him leaving them for so long.

That's why I think Grombrindal was actually the one appearing in the Kharadron fleet. Grombrindal isn't Grungni, but the WD story says they're almost equals. So I wasn't that far by saying Grombrindal is an avatar of Grungni. ;)

And I'm pretty sure it means Grombrindal will be the one having a miniature, not Grungni (he still believes he has to stay aside).

The coolest thing that Grombrindal IS a Grungni. As far as I understand Grungni was a white-bearded wanderer for all centuries and he slowly forges Grombrindal from his memories after each time he returns from his journey. Grungni even says that he (Gromrindal) remembers more than him (Grungni). So Grungni purposefully forged the legend about white-bearded Duardin who helping all of his keens and use it as a unification factor for all duardins. The living legend that leads all duardins to reclaim what was once theirs!

Edited by cofaxest
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Dreddships said:

I'd hope we'd get Sigmar over Grungi as the CoS/Stormcast god model.

I mean - the himbo is right there with his hammer and, frankly, its a travesty I can not make He-Man vs Skeletor happen on the tabletop.

He'd probably be half the size of the other god centrepieces - I'd imagine about Robute Gulliman size for that Primarch Conversion possibility - but undoubtably it's an Emperor of Mankind situation were the one important guy never shows up...

I would rather they have Sigmar vs Azazel (instead of Nagash). Bring about the ORIGINAL personal enemy of Sigmar. Plus two new models that way. 

• Like 1

So based on white fang reacts it seems like there will be new models for Ironjawz and Fyreslayers per se, as well as the continued souping of warclans and Duardin featuring new models for the soup. It seems increasingly unlikely that we are only getting new factions with no new model to the souped components.

3 minutes ago, PJetski said:

Im gonna take a wild guess and suggest Mouth of Mork is flying around on a swamp eagle

I feel eagles have too much symbolism with stormcast/cities of sigmar. I don't think we'll get a bird for Kruelboyz. Nor a bat, as Death faction has those firmly in their grasp.  Flying dinosaurs are the purview of Seraphon, so my guess is the Kruelboys flying beast will be something with no real world analogs, a mythical beast of some type. I guess they could go giant insect, though that steps on Alariels toes.  Swamp encounters in fantasy literature often depict lots of reptilian beasts (snakes crocodiles, giant frogs, etc) so perhaps a new wyvern model or swamp drake? If the kruelboys took their inspiration from the old edition orks, then a wyvern would be a decent nostalgia pick. 

• Like 1

Find the gate you lost, then find yerself the Mouth of Mork. Two heads is better than one, Gordrakk. I should know

Hmm find the gate you lost sounds like it implying Gordrakk needs to find the Mawgate. its the gate that leads to the Allpoints from Ghur that is on  Fangathrak the World-Worm which was freed from chaos when Gordrakk and the Ironjawz attack them in the realmgate wars

21 minutes ago, Nadure said:

So based on white fang reacts it seems like there will be new models for Ironjawz and Fyreslayers per se, as well as the continued souping of warclans and Duardin featuring new models for the soup. It seems increasingly unlikely that we are only getting new factions with no new model to the souped components.

Which reacts indicate the new Fyreslayer models and the Duardin soup?

2 minutes ago, Snarff said:

Which reacts indicate the new Fyreslayer models and the Duardin soup?

Yeah I haven't anything suggesting new models for Fyreslayers, just that Duardin Nations will be a thing .. we are all assuming new Duardin models but lets not get too far ahead of ourselves. 

Just now, silverstu said:

Yeah I haven't anything suggesting new models for Fyreslayers, just that Duardin Nations will be a thing .. we are all assuming new Duardin models but lets not get too far ahead of ourselves. 

I'd be really sad about a Duardin soup personally, but some new models for both KO and FS could soften the blow a bit. So far it unfortunately just seems to be a Grombrindal model, which is not particularly interesting to either faction.

didn't hear any rumor about Ironjawz outside of that one 4chan rumor that that Orruks where getting more models that was suppose to be sooner but got delay because of COVID-19 and now its sometime next year,

don't know how that suppose to happen now unless the honest wargammer is right that GW is starting to roll out Supplements for AoS like they do for 40K 

31 minutes ago, Gothmaug said:

I feel eagles have too much symbolism with stormcast/cities of sigmar. I don't think we'll get a bird for Kruelboyz. Nor a bat, as Death faction has those firmly in their grasp.  Flying dinosaurs are the purview of Seraphon, so my guess is the Kruelboys flying beast will be something with no real world analogs, a mythical beast of some type. I guess they could go giant insect, though that steps on Alariels toes.  Swamp encounters in fantasy literature often depict lots of reptilian beasts (snakes crocodiles, giant frogs, etc) so perhaps a new wyvern model or swamp drake? If the kruelboys took their inspiration from the old edition orks, then a wyvern would be a decent nostalgia pick.

While a Wyvern seems reasonable, this is AoS we are talking about. If Gordrakk can have a who-knows-how-that-fly dragon cabbage hybrid the mount of the Mouth of Mork need to be just as awesome and swamp evoking! I would expect nothing less than a giant Squirrel-Alligator hybrid with dragonfly-like wings!