The Rumour Thread

51 minutes ago, Nos said:

Chances of them being model reveals linked to having a subscription is pretty high I'd say 

MiniCrate has been very successful and things like Kickstarter Exclusives and limited boxsets (from GW) have shown that people will go to very expensive lengths for a bit of plastic that's advertised as rare enough.

3 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

MiniCrate has been very successful and things like Kickstarter Exclusives and limited boxsets (from GW) have shown that people will go to very expensive lengths for a bit of plastic that's advertised as rare enough.

Heck just go to Ebay, type "Tomb Kings" and select buy now: an unopened box of skeletons alone costs the same as some of the new marine kits. Let's not even start on Chaos Dwarfs now that the Legion of Azgorh is squatted.

Edited by Loyal Son of Khemri

1 minute ago, Dreddships said:

If it is like 'hey a free exclusive model a month/quarter' then i'd be down. £5/£20 a few months for a fun piece seems alright.

If it's 'subscribe and you can have the chance to buy' ? 

Jog on

Unfortunately that's how I see it happening. I'd say that it'll be something like linking your Warhammer and Warhammer + account to gain access to buy the exclusive minis.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

Unfortunately that's how I see it happening. I'd say that it'll be something like linking your Warhammer and Warhammer + account to gain access to buy the exclusive minis.

And it'll be one of the few times it's limited to 1 per account too - because this time, no scalping the exclusives. If the people want *exclusive cool space marine man from tv show or something*, they will pay the monthly fee

56 minutes ago, Black_Templar_Lad said:

People are laughing but I honestly expect this to happen.

Seriously though, do you expect me to allow myself to be bribed by GW with a free model to subscribe to Warhammer+?

Of course I would. 

Yeah I wasn't joking 

Of course GW are going to lock certain mini behind a subscription. I think silence on the AOS app and digital editions for 3rd edition is related to the subscription model as well.

• Like 2

So if all of the digital editions, Updated rules, faqs&errata and points etc were behind a subscription plus the TV content  and was priced at like £2.99/$3.99 a month? I think I would go for that. 

Anything over a fiver is a hard no for me.. price is everything on this

Edited by CDM
  • Like 2

55 minutes ago, Dreddships said:

If it is like 'hey a free exclusive model a month/quarter' then i'd be down. £5/£20 a few months for a fun piece seems alright.

If it's 'subscribe and you can have the chance to buy' ? 

Jog on

Its very likely that is exactly going to be what it is- pay the sub to be allowed to pay for a model. Its likely to be seen as a reward system that might convince people not to pirate the shows.

I'm still hesitant with the whole thing- I'd love to be completely wrong, but I see this as a move to move 'free' hobby content off things sites like youtube and paywall it. I much prefer hobby content that's made for fun over the 'I do this full time from the support of my patrons' content and expect this to affect both massively in the long run.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, CDM said:

So if all of the digital editions, Updated rules, faqs&errata and points etc were behind a subscription plus the TV content  and was priced at like £2.99/$3.99 a month? I think I would go for that. 

If they were to put FAQs, Errata and points behind a paywall then I'd be out of the game. There's already a yearly fee for the GHB, a fee every couple years for the army book, and a fee every 3 years for the edition change. Now if they say something like "you pay 8 bucks a month and you get full digital access to all codexes and army books and rulebooks and everything is kept up to date with all erratas and FAQs" then I think we're in business. Of course that sounds like way too much to hope for. 

Ok so my guess is that WH+ will give access to

• the animations
  • the twitch channel stuff
  • all the BT/Codex/Supplemental content
  • and maybe some other perk? exclusive looks at upcoming content earlier?

For all this, hopefully it’ll be about £5-7 a month. If it’s any more money for any less content, then it’s a bloody scam that I’d advise against buying into.

I know Grungni was involved on the (re)forging of the new type of Stromcast, but when I read this I immediately thought a new Duardin faction could be in the works.

20210622_204716.jpg.aad7fc8e19acd9a1c972ce8e7117ecb2.jpg

Shaking up the balance of the pantheon? Sounds more than just him helping Sigmar. That wouldn't really be shaking up the balance. And by this point the new Stormcast have already been talked about, so is this something else...?

Rumours for the Rumour Throne! Uh, rumour thread, sorry.

From this, by the way, bottom right on the penultimate spread:

20210622_205636.jpg.a401e729d8e8f00c76fe08c03bc2d713.jpg

• Like 6
  • LOVE IT! 1

35 minutes ago, CDM said:

with the monthly cost of the 40k App I don't think it will be less than 5 per month

my guess is 15-20, with GW store discount, faster shipping, access to exclusive models, preferred/no queue in the shop etc. moving the other stuff over from twitch/YT and the anime just being a bonus

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, Gothmaug said:

squigs, kruelboy shields are squig faces. Kragnos was an afterthought tossed into the line. 

I’m not convinced the kruelboy shields are supposed to be squigs. They’re reminiscent of the old hammer face shields which weren’t based off squigs. Plus many of the shields have details like studs which directly correlate with the face/helmet of the orc carrying it. I think they’re just supposed to be brightly painted faces to scare their foes.

• Like 2