Ironjawz....

Mawkrusha/Gordraak

Megaboss

Warchanter

Wierdknob

Brutes

Gruntas

Ardboys

Kruelboyz have another 3 potential units in a calvary unit and two rumored beasts. 

Edited by Gothmaug

1 hour ago, KingBrodd said:

With a Like from Whitefang I'd say your bang on. We have everything that's in Dominion, the Mirebrute Troggoth and Ballistae. The rumoured cavlary unit and the confirmed Sludgeraker monster and unknown flyer. That's not bad at all!!

Wasn't there supposed to be a Beast-centric preview? Did I miss the reveal of the sludgeraker and Flyer? OR are they still unknowns at this time? Do we know they are for Kruelboyz, or as previously suggested, a new waternding monster mechanic for Ghur, or a general Destruction unit that can be used across armies? 

4 minutes ago, Freypal said:

Also no mention of Sequitors being conditional battleline... I wonder if that's going.

It looks like they will be battleline without the need of a Lord-Arcanum general

5 minutes ago, Gothmaug said:

Ironjawz....

Mawkrusha/Gordraak

Megaboss

Warchanter

Wierdknob

Brutes

Gruntas

Ardboys

Kruelboyz have another 3 potential units in a calvary unit and two rumored beasts. 

Ironjawz dont have a battletome though. They're a sub faction now.

Do they have more units lined up? I mean great if so. Obviously in that instance theres sufficient there on the basis of other times to give them the full faction treatment.

But I was operating on the basis of what we know rather than hypothetical/aspirational scenario. 

I would like them to be their own thing, I'm really won over by them now.

13 minutes ago, Gothmaug said:

Ironjawz....

Mawkrusha/Gordraak

Megaboss

Warchanter

Wierdknob

Brutes

Gruntas

Ardboys

Both IJ and Bonesplitterz should have at least  2\3 new units each other than making plastic wurrgog\wardokk imho.
Kruleboyz having more units could unbalance big waagh style.
But who knows what GW is thinking...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Nos said:

Ironjawz dont have a battletome though. They're a sub faction now.

Do they have more units lined up? I mean great if so. Obviously in that instance theres sufficient there on the basis of other times to give them the full faction treatment.

But I was operating on the basis of what we know rather than hypothetical/aspirational scenario. 

I would like them to be their own thing, I'm really won over by them now.

All the news from GW makes it look like Kruleboyz are a subfaction of Warclans too. Hopefully the new Orruk Warclans battletome will keep the different clans as full allegiances with optional soup allegiance, instead of making them more traditional subfactions.

• Like 1

Looks like some real points jumps there for the Stormcast, rising even higher than the GHB points values - are Stormcast finally gonna become the genuinely elite army they were always portrayed as?

Edit: Though interestingly, the new Vindictor spear-chaps have gone down in points. Wonder if there's hope yet for Hobgrotz and Gutrippaz to see a drop too?

Edited by Acrozatarim

4 minutes ago, Tiberius501 said:

I’m willing to bet that the Vanquishers unit are going to be their new ranged unit.

That was my first thought, but their points are much more in line with the other melee units, and all the ranged units are significantly more expensive. I'm wondering if we might get a more offensive dual-wielding or great weapon melee unit to contrast the spear and shield vindictors. Maybe a unit wielding the axe used on the chariot.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Raviv said:

It says "updated July 2021", so I guess that's the release window for the new SCE battletome.

Awesome!! SCE and Kruelboyz in July, then another 2 in August? Maggotkin?

59 minutes ago, RamsesIII said:

oh my God, I didn't even see the ungors on its head... that's at least twice as ridiculous (scale-wise) as I thought. Yeah, it definitely needs an update.

Yeah mate I hadnt noticed until the article.

49 minutes ago, Gothmaug said:

Wasn't there supposed to be a Beast-centric preview? Did I miss the reveal of the sludgeraker and Flyer? OR are they still unknowns at this time? Do we know they are for Kruelboyz, or as previously suggested, a new waternding monster mechanic for Ghur, or a general Destruction unit that can be used across armies? 

There was and they just showed off the Great Gnashtooth in more detail whilst mentioning the Sludgeraker and Flyer. No word yet on which Faction they're for or if they're wandering Beasts, though I would guess the Sludgeraker is for Kruelboyz.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, EnumaEilish said:

That was my first thought, but their points are much more in line with the other melee units, and all the ranged units are significantly more expensive. I'm wondering if we might get a more offensive dual-wielding or great weapon melee unit to contrast the spear and shield vindictors. Maybe a unit wielding the axe used on the chariot.

Oh boy, my first Whitefang react! (To my knowledge anyway!)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, discoking said:

I'm Battle Bunker and it was a calculated gamble based off Indomitus(I shifted 90 copies in 2hrs). It didn't pay off so rather than having 4k sitting about doing nothing and taking up huge amounts of space I decided to get rid. Money has to work for you and sitting about selling 1 or 2 a week is not working. I've got my money back now and can invest in other things. if someone wants a Dominion then I can just order one as it seems GW aint gonna run out anytime soon.  

As for taking a register of interest, some might find it useful but it doesn't work for me. next weeks pre-orders are revealed on a sunday evening and I have to order the monday morning to guarantee I get what I think I'll need before  pre-orders even go up. My gut told me 30 copies of Dominion but incase demand was high I opted for an extra 30 as I could absorb that if it went pear shaped. And as it happens it did go pear shaped but I've got my money back so I'm happy.  

And I'll also add the reason I sold them so cheap was to ensure I sold em fast and second so when other stores(who have lots of unsold copies) inevitably follow suit people don't cancel their pre-orders and buy the cheaper box elsewhere....as I've already witnessed, getting in 1st was important. 

Interesting how you can keep your GW reseller agreement while offering below standard discounts.  I thought they were rather strict about that, especially brand new release... 

2 hours ago, armisael said:

Just guessing, Vanquishers may be a renamed Vanguard Hunter

I bet this is the case. It would be weird for Sequitors to become full battleline while VH remain conditional. They seem to be in the same points spot -- just a little over Libs but less than Seqs.

I doub't there will be ANOTHER ranged kit -- maybe Judicators get a new kit with Thunderstrike to match the new Knight hero, maybe that would account for some of that big points hike?

• Confused 1

40 minutes ago, boyadventurer said:

I bet this is the case. It would be weird for Sequitors to become full battleline while VH remain conditional. They seem to be in the same points spot -- just a little over Libs but less than Seqs.

I doub't there will be ANOTHER ranged kit -- maybe Judicators get a new kit with Thunderstrike to match the new Knight hero, maybe that would account for some of that big points hike?

I'm just surprised they're called VanquishOrs (and spelling be damned!) for the naming convention...

14 minutes ago, Chikout said:

Anyone else notice that Kragnos gained some new keywords? That secondScreenshot_20210622-055233.png.4cfd60b50f7bf1e882665c9e2f125414.png one is particularly interesting. 

Edit it's not very be clear in the pic but it's Drogrukh. He's also a totem now. 

Oh!? Perhaps Kragnos will recieve his own Faction after all? Or more of his kind are going to show up?

5 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

Oh!? Perhaps Kragnos will recieve his own Faction after all? Or more of his kind are going to show up?

Species keywords are pretty standard, though I'm not sure we've seen a unique one before. I'm not sure it's necessarily indicative of us getting more Drogrukh.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Enoby said:

I do wonder if the limited edition book will sell out. It looks lovely, and I'd have bought one at £50-£75, but at £125 it's just far too steep... 

That book was my target item for the day. I was so sick of other limited items selling out and really wanted this one. The price gave me exactly zero hesitation. I placed my order for it (along with loads of other stuff) and declared victory. After completing the order, I paused and reflected on having just spent more on that book than I did in on the whole boxed set ... and realized I probably would have paid even more if they asked for it.

I don't know what the lesson here is. I just thought I'd share. Maybe it's that I just really love cool books. :)

• Like 1
  • Confused 2