The Rumour Thread

7 hours ago, The Brotherhood of Necros said:

Just checking in to say I’ve had a really amazing day celebrating the new edition preorder and it looks like lots of others have too!

Thrilled to see people here securing their copies and I can’t wait for the new edition to kick off proper! I mostly hobby and follow lore as opposed to gaming competitively but I can’t wait to try out some new lists and there looks to be so much lore in the core book, too! 🙌🏻

I’m also really happy to see GW seemingly deliver on their promise of having enough supply to meet demand. They’re clearly taking steps to try make the experience better and judging from the overwhelmingly positive responses I’ve seen today, it’s worked. For me, this has to be one of the best parts of the hobby — sharing in the positivity and the excitement and feeling like I’ve found my tribe.

Happy 3.0! 🎉 

I was so happy to come online yesterday to see everyone excited and positive about being able to get their hands on 3.0, like a little Christmas online. It's fantastic to have you a part of the Tribe brother!!

33 minutes ago, Warpfiend said:

Thanks @Whitefang for reacting to my post!

I wonder if it might be worthwhile rereading some of those tactics articles for other factions in case there are potentially other "reveals".

It might explain some of the points value changes if some Battletomes are ready to go soon.

Mate you have summoned the diviner!! Congrats!! It means almost certainly that the Maggotkin Battletome will be amongst the first to drop.

17 minutes ago, Austin said:

Hmm.  I think we are still in the 'wait and see' stage.  If the Grey Knights thing comes true....exciting stuff for AoS on the horizon.

I truly hope it is because the rumoured Battle box with all updated BOC against Spiderfang with a new mounted hero sounds incredible. And it also mentioned the massive Mawtribes refresh...

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Mitzrael said:

On Warhammer YT channel, there is already "Next Week" video, if you are interested. Seems a "bit" early, right?

I only can watch it ( not listen) What does it say about the preview of warhammer +?

thanks

Edited by zamerion

29 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

Warhammer Plus is receiving an Online Preview on Wednesday the 23rd of June. Had a mini freak out it was regular a Preview for a second.

eh not excited, the current streaming plateform war and releasing mediocre product is already bad enough, can't see this being any better

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, novakai said:

eh not excited, the current streaming plateform war and releasing mediocre product is already bad enough, can't see this being any better

I hope that they put out some way of grabbing the individual shows someone may want to watch. I've zero interest in a subscriber or streaming based option. I'd happily buy a Bluray or digital Download of Eisenhorn or if they made a Gotrek & Felix adaptation.

The problem will be is that anything other than a digital release will probably be months before we see a release, as its likely they will want to push W+, meaning anything is going to be spoiled pretty quickly and long before people can buy it on its own.

I absolutely hate the idea of a warhammer+ platform. Theres no way thats going to work in the long run. Even if it released with every single animated + live action show/movie, painting vids, + whatever stuff they have planned it would only have enough content for maybe a solid month.

People love to binge stuff and most people I know turn off all their streaming platforms when they dont use it until something they like comes out. 

The only reason that other platforms like Netflix, Amazon, Hulu, D+ work is due to the enormous library of stuff going back decades. Warhammer media doesnt have that. Not by a long shot

• Like 7

15 minutes ago, Malakithe said:

I absolutely hate the idea of a warhammer+ platform. Theres no way thats going to work in the long run. Even if it released with every single animated + live action show/movie, painting vids, + whatever stuff they have planned it would only have enough content for maybe a solid month.

People love to binge stuff and most people I know turn off all their streaming platforms when they dont use it until something they like comes out. 

The only reason that other platforms like Netflix, Amazon, Hulu, D+ work is due to the enormous library of stuff going back decades. Warhammer media doesnt have that. Not by a long shot

If it was £10 a month and I got access to full digital versions of every battletome and codex, I would subscribe. 

5 minutes ago, JackStreicher said:

I for example would not.

5,99€ would be the most I would pay

Fair enough. I buy about 6 books a year and I prefer digital so that would make it worth it for me. One the other hand if they introduce a 40k style app for AoS and drop digital battletomes, there's no price I would pay. 

• Like 1

I would have loved it if GW contacted some of the larger hobby streams from Youtube and hosted their content on Warhammer+. I'm thinking Season of War, MWG and Tabletop Titans for example - professional outfits that would need the minimum of investment from GW but could still benefit from a collaboration. That would give them plenty of content and could be mutually beneficial.

Forgot to say that I mainly enjoy bat reps, but there's lots of painting/basing tutorials etc that use all GW products which could be added too. 

Edited by NorthernNurgling
  • Like 2

So people were upset for days that they wouldn’t be able to buy the dominion box. Then everybody got the box without much problems. A few happy and positive post later people start complaining about warhammer+ 

can we go back to being positive? 

• Like 18

2 minutes ago, elfhead said:

So people were upset for days that they wouldn’t be able to buy the dominion box. Then everybody got the box without much problems. A few happy and positive post later people start complaining about warhammer+ 

Please 💖

• Like 5

17 minutes ago, elfhead said:

My blood is solidified salt

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

16 minutes ago, elfhead said:

My apologies. I will be absolutely delighted if they can come up with a compelling offering on Wednesday. Gamepass and Audible are both great services which I'm happy to subscribe to. I hope GW can come up with something similar. With their wide range of digital media in the form of novels, audiobooks, battletomes and Codexes, they could do something very interesting. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, elfhead said:

I'm looking forward to seeing what warhammer + is about. My guess is it will have battle reports, interviews, way more in depth painting guides along with the animation side. 

I wouldn't be suprised if they move away from twitch as well eventually. 

Really does feel like the beginning of a new era, new AoS which is looking to be the best one yet, massive potential for armies old and new, a new way to get your warhammer fix with warhammer+ and its still only June! 

This is a great hobby to be involved in! 

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

3 hours ago, Dawnmane said:

I love the game, but I don't really understand why it isn't made with pre-painted miniatures. Those minis are ridiculously detailed and modeled in such a way that you really need to do sub-assemblies to even put paint on everything (looking at you, Mr. Sinister), and there's a certain way you're expected to paint them... I just don't see a lot of joy in painting them for anyone but semi-pro instagram painter heroes. 

I actually found the MCP stuff really fun to paint during lockdown as a sort of refreshing, no-pressure side project, think the fact that they're slightly bigger scale allowed me personally to be a bit more adventurous in approach and helped me be more confident with painting AOS stuff again after. Also the colour schemes are sort of naturally prescriptive yes, but the fact that you can use any model in the range you want to means you still get to jump around and use a variety of schemes, aesthetics and techniques if you want to. Never actually played the game

On topic: I got excited when I saw a blood bowl high elf on the preview image, but it's just a made to order of the weirdly proportioned 90s team (which I'll probably buy who am I kidding)

1 hour ago, elfhead said:

I mean you could be happy about one and not the other?  I got my rulebook- very glad I was able to do that.  The new book looks amazing.  But, I am worried about the lack of digital option.  I have seen many people ask about it on various platforms and they've been ignored by GW.  As others have said, the 40k app is poor compared to AoS.  I very much enjoy the format and full digital books.

So, what is on my mind right now is concern about an upcoming preview by GW, which seems appropriate for the rumor thread.  

And can I just offer that people being happy they were able to give GW money for a new product is sort of a sad state of affairs in general?  When did it become praiseworthy for a company to provide product when they say they will provide product?  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Chikout said:

My apologies. I will be absolutely delighted if they can come up with a compelling offering on Wednesday. Gamepass and Audible are both great services which I'm happy to subscribe to. I hope GW can come up with something similar. With their wide range of digital media in the form of novels, audiobooks, battletomes and Codexes, they could do something very interesting. 

Unlikely wildcard, what about exclusive STL files?