The Rumour Thread

1 hour ago, Neverchosen said:

You can always switch the head for a helmeted option. Sounds like Dominion will have a few options for heads. I really like that Stormcast seem to have gone for a somewhat standard build with additional heroic flair, as it makes kit-bashing them a lot simpler as sizes are generally pretty similar.

I personally really like the head but I am a true millennial hipster dirtbag. I think people will appreciate the sculpt more when they see different paint jobs though. Maybe you could trade someone for Astreia Solbright's head?

Iirc Yndrasta does not have the dual option for head,the sprue has the head locked with the shoulder some guys at the stores said.

@MothmanDrawsidk i don't have sisters so idk how much taller is still the heads seems pretty "humansized" it should go fine...but wait some comparison first.

Edited by Snorri Nelriksson

1 minute ago, Jagged Red Lines said:

I take it back over my earlier gripes on availability, credit to GW for actually making enough copies of this to meet demand.

I am still risking the Local Game Store purchase route, but they said that they will get a small order followed by a much bigger order in a few weeks... however, if I miss it I might impulse buy the Kharadron Battleforce as some sky dwarves will be mighty tempting...

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

35 minutes ago, Deakz28 said:

I think it’s not the amount since it’s a similar number of copies to indomitus! I think it’s their anti scalper system has actually worked! 

More likely it's down to 40k/Marines being far more popular than AoS. According to ICv2's charts, Star Wars: Legion and Marvel Crisis Protocol actually overtook AoS in Q4 so it doesn't seem to be quite the juggernaut of it's sister game.

The queueing system didn't really stop the Gaunt's Ghosts LE from flying out of stock last week.

• Thanks 1

Yeah, when the new 40k edition was posted on the general games reddit it exploded with interest like a big videogame reveal. AoS3's post got average results you'd see on a indie game people are excited for. Still great but not as great as the triple A boi.

Which is a blessing really. That signaled the scalpers to attack 40k in droves. Age of Sigmar now benefits from having the majority of it's playerbase and new players get the box instead of fakes so next year AoS can jump up again to take it's place back on top of the charts next to 40k. :)

2 hours ago, Nos said:

Has there been any word on cheap Easy to Build stuff ala the old Castigator and Gryphound box? They were good to practice on before committing to an army.

I think the SC chariot and archer hero, as well as the Kruleboys ballista and boss on a swamp troll, are probably going to be ETB kits. That’s more like the Dreadblades or Reikenor or Asteria Soulblight though.
No sign yet of smaller cheaper ETB kits but I’d be very surprised if there weren’t e.g. small sprues of two to three Gutrippas or Vindictors for inclusion in paint sets, magazines, etc.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, sandlemad said:

I think the SC chariot and archer hero, as well as the Kruleboys ballista and boss on a swamp troll, are probably going to be ETB kits. That’s more like the Dreadblades or Reikenor or Asteria Soulblight though.
No sign yet of smaller cheaper ETB kits but I’d be very surprised if there weren’t e.g. small sprues of two to three Gutrippas or Vindictors for inclusion in paint sets, magazines, etc.

Man, I hope the troll is easy to build, it’s the model that convinced me to get the Kruleboyz and if it’s easy to build it’ll be a good lot cheaper than it would otherwise. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Adamcbutton said:

Man, I hope the troll is easy to build, it’s the model that convinced me to get the Kruleboyz and if it’s easy to build it’ll be a good lot cheaper than it would otherwise. 

Unfortunately, all of the easy to build stuff released lately (all the stuff from Indomitus for 40K) has been released at the same cost as full kits. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Clan's Cynic said:

More likely it's down to 40k/Marines being far more popular than AoS. According to ICv2's charts, Star Wars: Legion and Marvel Crisis Protocol actually overtook AoS in Q4 so it doesn't seem to be quite the juggernaut of it's sister game.

The queueing system didn't really stop the Gaunt's Ghosts LE from flying out of stock last week.

You only have to look at how LE versions of books sells between the two games.

Recent LE versions of battletomes and BR books often take around 1-2 weeks to go OOS. An LE 40K codex will go OOS on the day of its release, even for a less popular army like Drukhari.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Tiberius501 said:

Unfortunately, all of the easy to build stuff released lately (all the stuff from Indomitus for 40K) has been released at the same cost as full kits. 

Why is that unfortunate?

The kits still look awesome, they are indeed "full kits" as well, and they have the added bonus of being easier to build.

I totally don't get why folks think that something with additional features should cost less than the things without them.

🤷‍♂️

Edited by Sleboda
  • Confused 2

Just now, Sleboda said:

Why is that unfortunate?

The kits still look awesome and they have the added bonus of being easier to build.

I totally don't get why folks think that something with additional features should cost less than the things without them.

🤷‍♂️

Unfortunate for them, as they are hoping for it to be cheaper. I don’t think it’ll even be EZ build. 

2 minutes ago, Sleboda said:

Why is that unfortunate?

The kits still look awesome and they have the added bonus of being easier to build.

🤷‍♂️

Lack of bits for conversions is one reason, but personally I love etb and ptf stuff. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Bosskelot said:

You only have to look at how LE versions of books sells between the two games.

Recent LE versions of battletomes and BR books often take around 1-2 weeks to go OOS. An LE 40K codex will go OOS on the day of its release, even for a less popular army like Drukhari.

Actually, I think that's changing up a bit now, thankfully :)

While the LE Lumineth book took a while to shift, the LE DoK, Slaanesh, and Soulblight books all disappeared in hours. 

Broken Realms takes more time to shift, but I think that's because the narrative is harder to sell still in AoS (even though, imo, BR was vastly superior to PA)

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, Sleboda said:

Why is that unfortunate?

The kits still look awesome, they are indeed "full kits" as well, and they have the added bonus of being easier to build.

🤷‍♂️

If it's something like a redemptor dreadnaught, where there is an ETB and a multipart kit, that's great.  A unique hero like Astrelia Soulbright is also great. 

What I am struggling with in modern warhammer is when you have a unit that you want to have multiple of in your army, but there's only 1 kit, and it's ETB. I really can't stand the idea of having 2 of the same sculpt on the table.  It's not fun from a hobby perspective, and it's immersion killing on the table. 

• Thanks 1

Personally I‘ll just paint both sides, build some terrain for Ghur and a new & smaller battlefield. When I‘ve done that, I‘m pretty sure reinforcements will be out and so I‘ll go from there. If not, I‘ll get like 5 brutes and some IJ hero. New stuff should really be announced and out by then. :D

11 minutes ago, Beer & Pretzels Gamer said:

In the Queue for Dominion.  What is the latest on Start Collecting contents to build from there?  Can fill in with Warclans in interim but hoping for some efficient options to fill out battleline and points (after of course that giant Trogg! Or Two?).

New stuff doesn't get start collecting for a long time... Sacrosanct SCE still doesn't have a SC box.   

There will be starter sets of various sizes if you want the exact sprues you're already getting in dominion... Otherwise you're looking at seperate kits that will be released later. 

24 minutes ago, Sowoky said:

really can't stand the idea of having 2 of the same sculpt on the table.  It's not fun from a hobby perspective, and it's immersion killing on the table. 

Interesting. One of my mid-level gripes about how the hobby has evolved since the early 90's is how you used to be able to buy, individually, 40 of the exact same model and build a regiment that looks like, well, a regiment as opposed to a mob. People who wanted variety could buy other poses or convert (and rather easily in the old days of wonderful, lovely, delightful lead models).

Now you get a box of bits that pushes you into making a unit that looks like they are not part of the same unit.  Not my cup of Death Wish Coffee.

Can't folks still just convert the ETB models to get the variety they want?

• Like 2
  • Confused 1