The Rumour Thread

The limited-edition core book was just 150€ in Sweden. But the dominion box at 144€ seemed like a offer too good to not take. I think this was the same price as the lumineth box last year, but in this box, you get 60 miniatures and a core book.

I wonder how much you save on the dominion box vs buying all the sets separate. 

Edited by Howdyhedberg

Worked over here as well.... I only got the GHB as what am I supposed to do with SC and Orruks when I could just play more Tzeentch instead but the system worked just fine - and apparently there are still enough copies available. Good luck to all who want it!

5 minutes ago, Austin said:

The real question is what will happen to the 25 digital battletomes/campaign books I have on their current app.....

Well GW need to honour the contract and transfer them to the new platform free of subs or keep the current app up.

Personally, I probably sunk £1k into digital comics. I hope they keep the platform up there. 

My job involves licensing digital content (Academic Librarian) and we have industry agreements in place to retain content if a platform goes under.  

• Like 2

Darn it I've got to wait a whole 2 weeks before excess rulebooks (at cheaper than brand new from GW) hit ebay! That or the listings are taking their time coming through from the box splitters. 

This is what I get for not caving to pressure and buying new armies I don't need! These are the pains of being moderately responsible! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Lets not forget last year with Indomitus GW saw their sales rate double from the previous year without any warning and 2 months prior to Indomitus they had to shut down. So yeah I'm not surprised they've managed to handle the stock a bit better this time around. Of course AoS is a different beast and sells less than Space Marines will so there's that to factor in as well. 

That said I think the system on the website at least stopped it crashing this time, which means people didn't feel as pressured when trying to buy. So it removed some of the panic. 

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Austin said:

The real question is what will happen to the 25 digital battletomes/campaign books I have on their current app.....

something to show your grandkids on their holovids playing virtual AoS , amazed that grandpa actually had to read words instead of having them fed into his neural implant and push planet killer plastic around on dead tree boards.  It must have been barbaric back in the old days.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Sad 1

Just went to get the digital edition of White Dwarf 465 and realised it doesn't exist. Did they announce they were dropping digital editions anywhere? Looks like you buy the physical copy or you risk having a permanent hole in your series of flashpoint articles when it becomes unavailable. Maybe this is something else they're going to roll into Warhammer+ when it launches, but I'm very unhappy about it at present. I absolutely do not want to have to buy  issues in a different format to avoid missing articles, with no guarantee of a return to digital support in the future. This sucks.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Snorri Nelriksson said:

Seeing the models at the store made me think to not gives away the stormcasts.

The only model still don't like much is Yndrasta,i'd change the head with a sister of 40k.She's shorter than i thought also.

The Killabos is really huge,i thought otherwise but is a really gorgeous model. 

You can always switch the head for a helmeted option. Sounds like Dominion will have a few options for heads. I really like that Stormcast seem to have gone for a somewhat standard build with additional heroic flair, as it makes kit-bashing them a lot simpler as sizes are generally pretty similar.

I personally really like the head but I am a true millennial hipster dirtbag. I think people will appreciate the sculpt more when they see different paint jobs though. Maybe you could trade someone for Astreia Solbright's head?

Edited by Neverchosen

13 minutes ago, Snorri Nelriksson said:

Seeing the models at the store made me think to not gives away the stormcasts.

The only model still don't like much is Yndrasta,i'd change the head with a sister of 40k.She's shorter than i thought also.

The Killabos is really huge,i thought otherwise but is a really gorgeous model. 

do you know how big she is compared to a 40k sister, im thinking of converting her to be a living saint, she looks about a head taller to me which should be fine. 

I think my issue with her head is I dont think the side cut matches her lore, the lore is making her out to be semi wild with implied she is a little twisted by khorne. I think a more wild haircut or a head like blacktalons. 

Edited by MothmanDraws
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Seems to me the got a lot more stock up for this.

I said to myself I would only but one from element games if it wasn't going to be a complete pain in the ass. Rocked on about 5 past, sailed through easily, the site was a little slow, but otherwise very easy.

Very much looking forward to getting my new toys now

Edited by mojojojo101

2 hours ago, HollowHills said:

I hope this queue system doesn't impact my ability to sell splits at £100 per half.

Only joking. Bought one copy from LGS and picking it up launch day.

No no no I think you meant you bought one for all 20 of your mates as Christmas presents but they actually already bought a copy too so here you are, egg on your face, and if anyone wants to buy one off you it's only a 50% upcharge for uhhh shipping yeah that's it, shipping.

Has there been any word on cheap Easy to Build stuff ala the old Castigator and Gryphound box? They were good to practice on before committing to an army.

I been practicing speed painting for my Kruleboyz on some of their Grandads wot I bought 21 years ago but would like a go at some proper Y Generation greenskins before fully going ahead 

20210618_185919.jpg

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1