The Rumour Thread

I love the Brass Orb for Clan Skyre:

You can use this artifact once per battle, in your shooting phase.  When you do roll a dice.  On a roll of 6 or more, the closet enemy model within 6" of this model is slain.

Harkens back to the randomness/craziness of the Skaven.  I can not wait until this thing kills a Stonehorn for me.  It might take me a few tries but I assure you it shall happen.  (Also I am still holding out hope that one of the other items is a Doom Rocket).  

Edited by TheWilddog
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, swarmofseals said:

Super stoked by the Chaos GHB preview for a couple of reasons. For one, all of the abilities previewed seem relatively fun and flavorful. I particularly like the Slaanesh ones -- very flavorful and should lead to some really interesting designs. I also really like the way the Skaven abilities were designed, with each getting the basic Strength in Numbers ability and then a second ability that fits with the clan. Honestly this would be a great design to use with Death and Destruction, too. Give each faction a toned down version of Rampaging Destroyers/Deathless Minions along with a secondary faction specific ability. I think what we saw with Soulblight probably rules this out, though. 

Wasn't the Soulblight allegiance ability exactly that? Toned down deathless minions plus the bloodlines?

40 minutes ago, Arkiham said:

is forgeworld reducing all the points just so their models get used? or are the point alterations just? 

feels a little former rather than latter lol 

Well it follows what weve seen from the GH2017 spoilers.

I firmly believe that GW decided to have a good look at any unit that so far has not seen a competitive representation in an army list and those are actually quite a lot of units. Even those who have seen some play are likely to have some points dropped if they need to be a big unit to become relevant. 

In addition I even think that FW will have their points update probably in the nex month after GH2017 is released. 

Edited by Killax

1 minute ago, Killax said:

Well it follows what weve seen from the GH2017 spoilers.

I firmly believe that GW decided to have a good look at any unit that so far has not seen a competitive representation in an army list and those are actually quite a lot of units. Even those who have seen some play are likely to have some points dropped if they need to be a big unit to become relevant. 

In addition I even think that FW will have their points update probably in the nex month after GH2017 is released. 

they just updated theirs though didnt they? not a month ago i dont think... 

Just now, Arkiham said:

they just updated theirs though didnt they? not a month ago i dont think... 

Certainly but I think that another change is to come aswell. As it's also in the interest of FW to have models be relevant for AoS. While some are overly relevant a lot of them are not. So I think another change is not out of the question, especially if GW wants us to have tons and tons of viable unit options for AoS.

And ... stuff is up in New Zealand for Preorder:

GHB 2017 Warlord Edition

This edition of the General’s Handbook comes with a host of extra content:​

- 25 exclusive battleplan cards, featuring the new battleplans from the book;

- 27 reference cards, covering Coalition of Death, Triumph & Treachery and the new Matched Play Triumphs;

- A sheet of tokens covering terrain markers, wound markers, terrain effects, magic statuses and battleshock;

- 2 victory point trackers;

- 2 summoning rulers;

- A pad of 50 blank rosters for Matched Play games.

In the 2017 GHB

An exhaustive list of Allegiance Abilities for Order, Chaos, Death and Destruction armies, along with a further 15 Allegiances – Fyreslayers, Seraphon, Darkling Covens, Wanderers, Slaanesh, Skaven Pestilens, Skaven Skryre, Slaves To Darkness, Brayherd, Flesh-Eater Courts, Nighthaunt, Soulblight, Ironjawz, Free Peoples and Dispossessed.

"Pitched Battle profiles for each Warscroll and Warscroll Battalion from Battletomes and Grand Alliance books available in the range at time of printing, updated following feedback from the Warhammer community – these are designed to overwrite any published prior to August 2017"

https://www.games-workshop.com/en-NZ/New-Exclusive

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Thomas Lyons said:

What most people haven't seen are the rewritten scroll. Allies are 400 points you say?  Mwahahaha.

Interesting that it has a half wounds taken mechanic that works differently than the Stonehorn (e.g.) one. I'm curious if it's intentional or just the FW writer independently coming up with an IMO more elegant solution. That attack profile is pretty nasty too.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bjarni St. said:

Interesting that it has a half wounds taken mechanic that works differently than the Stonehorn (e.g.) one. I'm curious if it's intentional or just the FW writer independently coming up with an IMO more elegant solution. That attack profile is pretty nasty too.

It's basically what it should've been in the first place. All attack profiles have half damage. It's just GW ruled it that way for quickness of the game I guess.

It does make me wonder whether or not we should be expecting warscroll updates though. Little things like that, and the Dispossessed/Slaves to Darkness Allegiance Abilities crossing over with existing rules on battalions/warscrolls make me wonder.

Probably not high in likelihood, the Rogue Idol only has digital rules after all (So they can do whatever they want basically), but does make me wonder.

3 minutes ago, Bjarni St. said:

Interesting that it has a half wounds taken mechanic that works differently than the Stonehorn (e.g.) one. I'm curious if it's intentional or just the FW writer independently coming up with an IMO more elegant solution.

Good spot, that is a neat way of doing it. The Wight King with black axe has a wounds halving ability and the way it’s written leaves it a little too ambiguous as to how you halve non-mortal wounds for my liking.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TheOtherJosh said:

And ... stuff is up in New Zealand for Preorder:

GHB 2017 Warlord Edition

This edition of the General’s Handbook comes with a host of extra content:

- 25 exclusive battleplan cards, featuring the new battleplans from the book;

- 27 reference cards, covering Coalition of Death, Triumph & Treachery and the new Matched Play Triumphs;

- A sheet of tokens covering terrain markers, wound markers, terrain effects, magic statuses and battleshock;

- 2 victory point trackers;

- 2 summoning rulers;

- A pad of 50 blank rosters for Matched Play games.

In the 2017 GHB

An exhaustive list of Allegiance Abilities for Order, Chaos, Death and Destruction armies, along with a further 15 Allegiances – Fyreslayers, Seraphon, Darkling Covens, Wanderers, Slaanesh, Skaven Pestilens, Skaven Skryre, Slaves To Darkness, Brayherd, Flesh-Eater Courts, Nighthaunt, Soulblight, Ironjawz, Free Peoples and Dispossessed.

"Pitched Battle profiles for each Warscroll and Warscroll Battalion from Battletomes and Grand Alliance books available in the range at time of printing, updated following feedback from the Warhammer community – these are designed to overwrite any published prior to August 2017"

https://www.games-workshop.com/en-NZ/New-Exclusive

Already placed my order :-)

This is from the reviews coming out of GHB2017.  

29f51e9824d96e048aa7e9aceda4017da504efb17a50d4115b11e218944238ff.jpg.31b2b6346c55365cd4347dced135c723.jpg

So those of us who purchased 10 boxes only 4 months ago are screwed.  

Edit: And for posterity, here's the unit that I just finished yesterday.  All 10 boxes of my thunderers are missing 1 model right now. 

DHcBRhmWsAEws_9.jpg.ad453b36a97edfd2a571c60fa114fe8e.jpg

Edited by Thomas Lyons
  • Like 7

15 minutes ago, chord said:

I don't understand what changed ,but I'm not familiar with the overlords

You use to be able to all equip them with the same weapon (hence my painted unit of Aethercannons).  Now, they force you to have 1 of each weapon, so those individuals who purchased 10 boxes (to get full units of 10 with a single weapon) 4 months ago (!!!) are screwed.  I can't even return the boxes since they are each missing one model.  How did this not make it to the community site ahead of time?

They used to be able to each have whatever weapon they wanted (all Mortars, all Cannons etc instead of rifles).

Now, for every five they can have one each of the non-rifles (the kit only has one of each per five) but have some cascading buffs if they fire them in order (and like taking five minutes to resolve one unit's shooting). To keep the profiles cohesive they also 'adjusted downward' the range of the Mortar from 36" to 12".

Another significant side-effect is that the unit now synergises extremely poorly with the Chemist buff that grants one weapon profile +1 Attack.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Gaz Taylor said:
19 hours ago, Sete said:

I just don't think that the Empire look fits AoS. 

Personally I think it does and the fact they are on round bases now means you can see all the lovely detail of the models! I see the AOS setting as a place of almost infinite possibilities, so I think having the Empire models as Free Guild works well.

This, this, and this! If each of the mortal realms are individually larger than the entire planet that was the old world, how can there be just one 'look' to the setting of AoS? There's room for literally thousands of unique cultures, who's to say at least one of them might resemble the old empire? Especially the ones who built their civilization under the shadow and with the guidance of nostalgic ol' Sigmar, and potentially in his image? History repeats itself, and the Warhammer world is cyclical, no? I understand the desire for a more 'AoS-ish' human faction though.

The changes to the Rogue Idol scroll are very interesting. Love the rewrite of the 'halve damage' rule for clarification. Didn't the 'Spirit of the Waaagh' rule previously give the ability to run+charge, but had the caveat of 'this unit must charge if able?'

Will definitely be looking to get that special edition GHB, however I am ever-so-slightly disappointed that the book itself seems to be the same with no new special edition cover art or such. All those doodads it comes with should be worth it though!

1 hour ago, Thomas Lyons said:

So those of us who purchased 10 boxes only 4 months ago are screwed.  Edit: And for posterity, here's the unit that I just finished yesterday.  A

Honestly it was simply silly that you could pick 10 of the best weapons for free like that. Sucks you bought 10 boxes but frankly that kind of cheese is bad for the game so I'm happy they're making the change.  Great paint job on those guys though, very impressive. I especially love the basing.

• Like 11