The Rumour Thread

25 minutes ago, Dukeus said:

There will be a new drake unit but no new stardrake. The Model is not old at all and still awesome. I Just about to finish one. 

That's kind of the thing, isn't it though? It won't be a new stardrake but then Vindictors aren't new Liberators, and 40k Primaris Intercessors aren't new Tactical Marines, and the Storm Speeder isn't a new Land Speeder, and so on.

GW's walking that fine line where they want to put out a re-do of the same concept that will appeal to folks who already have the older mini, but also appeal to folks who ignored the older mini because they didn't like it or it's too old, but GW also doesn't want to outright 'invalidate' or replace that older mini.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Shearl said:

@KingBrodd Are you ready for the royal rumble between the new Stormcast drakes and whatever monsters the Kruelboys have in their swamp?

Is this confirmed or still a rumour? I really always thought if SCE got a chariot it would have been pulled by a Drakoth but I love the Gryphcharger chariot so much. Maybe as a future hero model?

I am hoping we get a small unit of flying wyrms (winged draconic serpents) with stormcast riders.

Edited by Neverchosen

A grinning Kruleboy King-Boss special character lounging on a greasy throne and idly playing with a human skull would be cool.

31 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

Kruelboys for S5 of Underworlds perhaps?

Hope so, I'd like some kruleboys to paint up. I imagine GW wouldn't miss the opportunity to tie this new season in with a new edition of AoS, just as they did with stormcast/nighthaunt in S2.

WHU has already spent two seasons in Ghur doing the whole beast thing so it'll be interesting to see if they do the same again or shift locale. At any rate they could probably do with trimming or otherwise consolidating some of the Ghur-specific rules bloat, all the hunter/quarry/primacy/hunger mechanics. Not entirely sure how they'd reasonably do that but feels like the otherwise excellent WHU rules system is beginning to groan under its own weight.

1 hour ago, Shearl said:

@KingBrodd Are you ready for the royal rumble between the new Stormcast drakes and whatever monsters the Kruelboys have in their swamp?

I will stand by your side @KingBrodd! Necrotect! AWAKEN THE SPHINX!!! All jokes aside I do want to know what big bad centerpiece the Kruleboyz are getting(that’s not Kragnos). I hope it’s a giant alligator but we all know where hope leads.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Scurvydog said:

*Looks at painted Dracoths, Stardrake and Judicators*

I had not imagined you guys would be sent to squat heaven so soon...

Stormcast really do not need more dudes with bows or crossbows, the current ones simply need good rules... We got judicators with 2 different options, bows and crossbows + special versions. We got Castigators with crossbows. Raptors with Sniper crossbows and dakka crossbows. Do we really need another bunch of guys with bows? jeez GW, update some saurus warriors instead ;)

The new units we've already seen aren't replacing anything, no reason to think the other reinforcements will either... until we see both the new reinforcements and the 3.0 tome. I get GW often puts up units/boxes in articles to sell off old stock, but the Vindictors being the same height as Liberators seems like a pretty good sign nothing is squatted yet.

New dragons for SCE in the style of the new Thunderstrike models? No need to necessarily buy Liberators? I am just the sucker that GW wants.The slimmer models and polearms ticked all if my boxes and I've been toying with an excuse to grab dracothians for ages for at least a small force.

Wish they would do a two headed chaos dragon but I will take what I can get at this point. Crossing my fingers that the rumors pan out.

• Like 3

• Subscriber
36 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

A surprisingly very-obviously-Ghur themed General's Handbook this year. I'm surprised how much they're doubling down on the Realm of Beasts thematics.

FpuFIFTGAn2HD4AP.jpg

The more Ghur the better. It was the realm I gravitated towards from the start, so I'm hyped we're getting more info on it and some rules for playing in Ghur. 

1 hour ago, Clan's Cynic said:

A surprisingly very-obviously-Ghur themed General's Handbook this year. I'm surprised how much they're doubling down on the Realm of Beasts thematics.

Since I only came in about half way through 2.0, im excited for the change.  All I have known is Nagash, Death and Shyish.  

Can't wait for my Admiral to travel to Ghur and find new and exciting monsters to introduce his cannons too. 

• Like 2

As a Tzeentch player, can't say I'm sad to see the back of Changehost. Hopefully Tzeentch'll get a revamp this edition to have more viable types of army than just pink horror tarpit and flamer shooting.

It also does annoy me a bit whenever they say things like 'ooh Tzeentch spellcasting is so unrivalled', when what they mean is 'you've got a lot of things that can cast spells, but most of them aren't actually very good at it, especially if you were foolish enough to prefer the mortal side of the army' :P

• Thanks 2

Oh, and, while I'm being annoyed: they say "Beware of miscasts!"

But you can't beware of miscasts. There's nothing you can do to avoid miscasts apart from... not cast spells. On all those characters whose cost is predicated on the idea that they will, in fact, be casting spells.

It's just a random smack to the chops that occasionally crops up and you just have to suck it down and carry on. There's no new layer of strategy or tactics to it.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, KriticalKhan said:

So re we thinking the Forbidden Power ES will get a separate box? I can't imagine the entire supplement surviving into 3e.

Probably the terrain piece is a webstore only expensive piece of terrain, and the endless spells sprues may get repackaged with the malign sorcery ones, or maybe they'll mix em up and put them in some other groupings? (1 or 2 sprues per kit).  I imagine they dont want to keep printing that outdated malign sorcery book. 

They do seem to be digging into endless spells as "here to stay" so I'm sure they've got plans on how to best profit off of these sprues of chinese plastic 

Edited by sorokyl