The Rumour Thread

1 hour ago, Whitefang said:

Better read BR:Kragnos instead though.

Oh whaaaat!? I'll have to re read and comb through those pages once again!! Are we talking pics of minis or references in the lore itself?

27 minutes ago, Neverchosen said:

I thank you my friend, it always nice to receive encouragment from the mightiest Giants! It was a bit overwhelming particularly as I am working from home for the first time and using a lot of new digital platforms. I will get the hang of it but it was a lot to take in at once. No complaints about learning 3rd edition from me after this. 😇

I am hoping to reward myself with Dominion but since I want support a local store I might miss out, in which case I have my eyes on a KO Battle force or Shadow and Pain. They are all in the same price bracket and all set me up for my 3rd and (hopefully) final faction... 

I desperately want there to be multiple head options. I really want classic Chaos Dwarf players to have big hats. Modern ones the option to choose which aesthetic fits their taste. And as for me I will run all the heroes with big hats and their troops with helmets. In my army you'll have to earn the hat*! 🤠

I learned to play from Ash back when he worked at GW years ago. He is a cool guy and seems to be treating this very much as a demo. He promised more batreps in the Rules review so I expect him to make a more synergistic list and push the strategies more going forward. I just finished watching it and it was a good fun match. Owen also seems like a chill guy and I love his Sky Grots. On to Dark Artisan for me and I also saw MWG uploaded their video.

*sadly I will only be able to afford them if they are an expansion of S2D, probably just some troops, a warmachine and a hero. 😢 

Everything takes time mate!! You'll get there.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

Oh whaaaat!? I'll have to re read and comb through those pages once again!! Are we talking pics of minis or references in the lore itself?

Everything takes time mate!! You'll get there.

Can’t be pictures. Unless we all missed it. The stories are pretty good though!

5 hours ago, Mutton said:

They're the worst unit we've seen since Slaangors. Probably even worse.

I am just happy that even after the hard nerfs from removal of stacking modifiers, Gloomspite are not the worst Grots in the destruction alliance. There is something inherently funny about Hobgoblins being worse than normal goblins.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dirkdragonslayer said:

I am just happy that even after the hard nerfs from removal of stacking modifiers, Gloomspite are not the worst Grots in the destruction alliance. There is something inherently funny about Hobgoblins being worse than normal goblins.

It does take a fair amount of effort to make grots even worse so the design team should be commended.

6 hours ago, Neverchosen said:

I thank you my friend, it always nice to receive encouragment from the mightiest Giants! It was a bit overwhelming particularly as I am working from home for the first time and using a lot of new digital platforms. I will get the hang of it but it was a lot to take in at once. No complaints about learning 3rd edition from me after this. 😇

I am hoping to reward myself with Dominion but since I want support a local store I might miss out, in which case I have my eyes on a KO Battle force or Shadow and Pain. They are all in the same price bracket and all set me up for my 3rd and (hopefully) final faction... 

I desperately want there to be multiple head options. I really want classic Chaos Dwarf players to have big hats. Modern ones the option to choose which aesthetic fits their taste. And as for me I will run all the heroes with big hats and their troops with helmets. In my army you'll have to earn the hat*! 🤠

I learned to play from Ash back when he worked at GW years ago. He is a cool guy and seems to be treating this very much as a demo. He promised more batreps in the Rules review so I expect him to make a more synergistic list and push the strategies more going forward. I just finished watching it and it was a good fun match. Owen also seems like a chill guy and I love his Sky Grots. On to Dark Artisan for me and I also saw MWG uploaded their video.

*sadly I will only be able to afford them if they are an expansion of S2D, probably just some troops, a warmachine and a hero. 😢 

people still watch MWG? my gosh besides the nice table and nicely painted mini's those battlereports are awfull.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, dirkdragonslayer said:

It's worth pointing out that some of the soul wars points changed when the battletome came out. Also we might see price changes on all 25mil units. It also will just take a small change to make them playable. They could well be a Hobgrotz hero that buffs them or a subfaction they're good in, or an expanded selection of allegiance abilities. 

1 hour ago, PrimeElectrid said:

It’s SCE dragons. There’s a rumour they are getting more dragon units. So I bet that Kroak hands those eggs over to Sigmar who recruits the dragons to wreak vengeance on Kragnos and the forces of destruction that toppled their ancient empire.

We have a Like from Whitefang people here is the answer!! 

Personally I thought that perhaps the Seraphon would get some more Draconic units from that bit of Lore but hey more Drakes the better regardless of the Faction!!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

Personally I thought that perhaps the Seraphon would get some more Draconic units from that bit of Lore but hey more Drakes the better regardless of the Faction!!

he did mention that SCE were getting something very big... and wide.

If it is a dragon one thing can be certain, and that is that the feet will be aweful like every other dragon and monstrous mount that's come out of the studio at this time.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, PrimeElectrid said:

It’s SCE dragons. There’s a rumour they are getting more dragon units. So I bet that Kroak hands those eggs over to Sigmar who recruits the dragons to wreak vengeance on Kragnos and the forces of destruction that toppled their ancient empire.

Fair enough, but I keep my fingers crossed for a huge new Seraphon centerpiece.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

Feel like I’ve finally made it in the community when you get a whitefang like.

But this is the rumour I saw on (yuck) 4chan:

* Dragon cavalry

* New stardrake

* New bow battleline

This fits the model of post-dominion style box releases too.

• Haha 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

39 minutes ago, PrimeElectrid said:

* Dragon cavalry

* New stardrake

* New bow battleline

It's a right of passage that few can say came away with a Like good sir.

I'm really interested in seeing this new Stardrake.

55 minutes ago, PrimeElectrid said:

* Dragon cavalry

* New stardrake

* New bow battleline

*Looks at painted Dracoths, Stardrake and Judicators*

I had not imagined you guys would be sent to squat heaven so soon...

Stormcast really do not need more dudes with bows or crossbows, the current ones simply need good rules... We got judicators with 2 different options, bows and crossbows + special versions. We got Castigators with crossbows. Raptors with Sniper crossbows and dakka crossbows. Do we really need another bunch of guys with bows? jeez GW, update some saurus warriors instead ;)

Edited by Scurvydog
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

53 minutes ago, PrimeElectrid said:

* Dragon cavalry

* New stardrake

* New bow battleline

I sincerely hope so ... SO MUCH 

That would confirm the Thunderstrike SCE are a reboot of first wave (Warriors and Extremis chambers)

1 hour ago, The Brotherhood of Necros said:

I haven’t read SCE lore directly. Can someone explain how they ride dragons when Kragnos fought the race to extinction? 

Kragnos nearly wiped out the Draconith but not entirely. Their empire was so badly wounded by Kragnos that they basically faded away even after he was locked away in the mountain. They had given the last of their eggs to Kroak though, so that could be a mechanism for them to 'come back'.

That's assuming that these Draconith are going to be the dragons that crop up as Stardrake-reboots or whatever with the new Thunderstrike stormcast.

6 minutes ago, sandlemad said:

Kragnos nearly wiped out the Draconith but not entirely. Their empire was so badly wounded by Kragnos that they basically faded away even after he was locked away in the mountain. They had given the last of their eggs to Kroak though, so that could be a mechanism for them to 'come back'.

That's assuming that these Draconith are going to be the dragons that crop up as Stardrake-reboots or whatever with the new Thunderstrike stormcast.

Ahhh, okay. Thank you! So the drakes were never actually wiped out and the Stormcast have been riding their descendants all this time? And Kroak receiving the eggs, presumably to give to Sigmar at some point in the distant past, is just a new bit of detail to build out the Star-drake’s origins?

I was getting excited that we might have a new kind of dragon or something for a moment! Thanks for explaining. 

11 minutes ago, The Brotherhood of Necros said:

Ahhh, okay. Thank you! So the drakes were never actually wiped out and the Stormcast have been riding their descendants all this time? And Kroak receiving the eggs, presumably to give to Sigmar at some point in the distant past, is just a new bit of detail to build out the Star-drake’s origins?

I was getting excited that we might have a new kind of dragon or something for a moment! Thanks for explaining. 

I'm pretty sure that it's not all draconic beings that were wiped out by Kragnos, just the "Draconid Empire" (whatever that is). There can still be other types of dragons around in the mortal realms, such as the Stardrakes we know and love.

29 minutes ago, The Brotherhood of Necros said:

Yeah @Neil Arthur Hotep covered it but basically the stormcast have been riding stardrakes all this time, who are children or worshippers of the god Dracothian and never died out.

These Draconith mentioned in BR Kragnos are another different... breed or whatever of dragon-like creatures who had an empire in Ghur and also worshipped Dracothian. They were almost entirely wiped out by Kragnos, apart from these eggs. They're depicted in some of the cave art shown in BR Kragnos, they look sort of serpent-like in some of the images and seem to have forked tails.

AfhCTYB1qySiblpv.jpg

The speculation/rumour is that this is a seed GW planted to introduce these Draconith as a new stormcast mount to go with these Vindictors/Annihilators/other thunderstrike dudes, not to replace the stardrakes but to have a new plastic kit of some sort.

Tbh it's a bit inelegant, even if it ties them into Kragnos's background. An excuse for having another pass at the same "stormcast hero on dragon-beast" concept in much the same fashion as all the chaos storm stuff from BR Be'Lakor is an excuse to roll out a revision or refreshing or second pass at the stormcast infantry concept in Dominion, primaris-style.

• Like 2