The Rumour Thread

3 hours ago, Still-young said:

If you’re there before 10 you get put in the queue randomly, anyone after 10 gets added on the queue in order. The 10 minutes is once you get through the queue onto the store. 

Does the allocation after 10 come sequentially after the random allocation of the pre 10am sessions? Or are they truely random?

8 hours ago, FFJump said:

Have even more hope!image.png.e18ae7407f3b30aac6013c92445821f4.png

Praised be Hashut!
I like it also the  thing that are more "sort of swindlers\mercenaries"that just get paid by them than just slave overseer\lackeys, it gives some more personality (while i absolutely loved also the old style).
Hobgrots having an empirein the past is interesting though...
Interesting the mention of "clans" i don't remember the term used in the Dawi Zharr society....it seemed less "clan-based" and more composed of "social classes"(i can't explain exactly what i mean).
The love for explosives also is a nice touch.

Edited by Snorri Nelriksson
  • Like 3
  • LOVE IT! 3

21 hours ago, Hellberg said:

in Warhammer preview, they hinted that they trade with chaos dwarfs. 

Grimdark live show also said that chaos dwarfs are coming into AoS. They will have different name though. Their credibility is pretty high after they predicted everything about Dominion box and Kruleboyz

image.png.4c1ccac89ce4c53de0863ab2b9d86b76.png

All of the this ^^^

None of these gully dwarf hairy halflings with a pee pot on their heads thank you ...

image.png.78ef93f9bc4caa73cb6df79533dccbbe.png

• Like 4
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, Still-young said:

The Chaos Dwarfs from Warcry match the aesthetic of the warbands they’re in. A stand-alone faction won’t look like them. 

They will look like the Total War: Warhammer 3 models CA and GW are working on right now and probably release for The Old World. I really doubt they will put ressources into a second army concept for AoS.

10 minutes ago, Bayul said:

They will look like the Total War: Warhammer 3 models CA and GW are working on right now and probably release for The Old World. I really doubt they will put ressources into a second army concept for AoS.

Perhaps they'll diversify to some degree.

Also i doubt we'll see them also in tow...unfortunately.

Edited by Snorri Nelriksson

8 minutes ago, Loyal Son of Khemri said:

Goonhammer's on point with those calls I think. Overal Kruleboys have a lot of potential but it's gonna be conditional on the allegiances they have access to in the Warclans book, since barring the Shaman the warscrolls aren't particularly eye-popping.

Hobgrots deserve a special mention for being singularly terrible, that price tag better mean all cheap trash infantry are getting a massive price increase because holy hell what exactly are you paying for if not a 25mm base tax. Not having access to venom really kills the unit entirely as anything other than a suicidal screen and that pricetag makes it hard to like for that role.

26 minutes ago, NauticalSoup said:

Hobgrots deserve a special mention for being singularly terrible, that price tag better mean all cheap trash infantry are getting a massive price increase because holy hell what exactly are you paying for if not a 25mm base tax. Not having access to venom really kills the unit entirely as anything other than a suicidal screen and that pricetag makes it hard to like for that role.

They're the worst unit we've seen since Slaangors. Probably even worse.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Mutton said:

They're the worst unit we've seen since Slaangors. Probably even worse.

We’re starting a discussion about Slaangors in HoS thread. Some users think there might be something to them in this edition; it tracks with what we’ve heard that the current HoS book was fully designed with 3.0 in mind, and it’s why even though it was playable in 2.0, it was somewhat of a hot mess. 

6 minutes ago, TimeToWaste85 said:

We’re starting a discussion about Slaangors in HoS thread. Some users think there might be something to them in this edition; it tracks with what we’ve heard that the current HoS book was fully designed with 3.0 in mind, and it’s why even though it was playable in 2.0, it was somewhat of a hot mess. 

Interestingly, the other really bad unit from recent memory, Black Knights, might also turn out decent in 3.0 if the gaps between deployment zones shrink to 18" like we have been seeing on a few leaked battle plans.

1 hour ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

Interestingly, the other really bad unit from recent memory, Black Knights, might also turn out decent in 3.0 if the gaps between deployment zones shrink to 18" like we have been seeing on a few leaked battle plans.

Imagine if ...Black Knights and Slaangor were good...

Is that asking too much?

I can see that Black Knights doing mortal wounds is maximised by lots of small units and they take up a relatively large area too so good for screening but boy they're not chea points wise.

I don't really see what Slaangors get from the new rules but might head over to the Slaanesh forum to find out 

18 minutes ago, Whitefang said:

Better read BR:Kragnos instead though.

Do I need to get the magnifying glass out on all the BR Kragnos pages now?

1 hour ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

I can't imagine they'll do 18" for the competitive battleplans. You mights as well deploy both armies directly into combat.

7 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

Congrats on the new job mate hope all goes well!!

I thank you my friend, it always nice to receive encouragment from the mightiest Giants! It was a bit overwhelming particularly as I am working from home for the first time and using a lot of new digital platforms. I will get the hang of it but it was a lot to take in at once. No complaints about learning 3rd edition from me after this. 😇

I am hoping to reward myself with Dominion but since I want support a local store I might miss out, in which case I have my eyes on a KO Battle force or Shadow and Pain. They are all in the same price bracket and all set me up for my 3rd and (hopefully) final faction... 

4 hours ago, Beliman said:

Gimme a bigger hat plis!!

I desperately want there to be multiple head options. I really want classic Chaos Dwarf players to have big hats. Modern ones the option to choose which aesthetic fits their taste. And as for me I will run all the heroes with big hats and their troops with helmets. In my army you'll have to earn the hat*! 🤠

10 hours ago, Brakh said:

Just watched GMG report

Reveal hidden contents

New SCE got has been almost tabled while did completly nothing :D
Yes I know that point cost for KO was still based on 2.0 and they did few mistakes related to CA frequency but geez the power gap was huge!

I learned to play from Ash back when he worked at GW years ago. He is a cool guy and seems to be treating this very much as a demo. He promised more batreps in the Rules review so I expect him to make a more synergistic list and push the strategies more going forward. I just finished watching it and it was a good fun match. Owen also seems like a chill guy and I love his Sky Grots. On to Dark Artisan for me and I also saw MWG uploaded their video.

*sadly I will only be able to afford them if they are an expansion of S2D, probably just some troops, a warmachine and a hero. 😢 

Edited by Neverchosen
  • Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 1