The Rumour Thread

36 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

2.0 for Order was the time of the Aelves and now 3.0 seems to be the time of Duardin with Grungni stepping into the light and Chaos Duardin on the horizon!!

Every time my excitement level has reached the max, you come along and find a way to get me more excited.

I would love Chaos Duardin, it would be the first Chaos aligned army that I would ever own in the many many years of playing Warhammer. 

• LOVE IT! 2

18 minutes ago, King Under the Mountain said:

Every time my excitement level has reached the max, you come along and find a way to get me more excited.

I would love Chaos Duardin, it would be the first Chaos aligned army that I would ever own in the many many years of playing Warhammer. 

Spreading the positivity and hype is what I do mate!! Let's get these Furnace Kings their crown!!

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

We are getting some actual battle reports with 3.0 rules:

Dark Artisan and Guerrilla Miniature Games are both wonderful content creators so I am pleased to see them getting these batreps out and I am happy to share that love here. Sadly I will not be able to watch either until much later tonight as I am thankfully starting a new job today.

Edited by Neverchosen
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Magnus The Blue said:

Thanks for posting, but what does 'Priority' mean in 3.0: going first or choosing who goes first?

It means choosing who goes first. The rule for that is in section 4.1:

At the start of each battle round, the players must roll off. This is called the priority roll. The winner has priority in that battle round and must decide who will take the first turn and who will take the second turn

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Grimrock said:

It means choosing who goes first. The rule for that is in section 4.1:

At the start of each battle round, the players must roll off. This is called the priority roll. The winner has priority in that battle round and must decide who will take the first turn and who will take the second turn

That's a shame, one of the things I like least about 2nd Ed is that one play knows they will have the choice of first turn, soooo powerful.   Thanks for clarifying!

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Mikro said:

Anyone has any rumours about point changes in AOS 3.0?

just that apparently everything but Soulblight and Slaanesh is getting adjustments more or less. It's a bit weird the GHB hasn't been shown but everything else is at this point.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Tiberius501 said:

Am I the only one a little worried about the balance between Kruleboyz and Stormcast? I’m fine with armies getting rolled back a bit, that’s great for the game. But compared to the Kruleboyz, the Stormcast look scary. The Hobgrots seem pretty lacklustre as well without any army traits. Much concern 🤔

I think the battletome will be when it all comes together! the starter box is a model selling vehicle. I really want them to have a strong ruleset as well as I think they have nailed the models!!

4 minutes ago, Austin said:

Did we ever sort out whether the digital editions of AoS would survive into this new edition?

That's still a big if. They haven't mentioned the app at all which is actually somewhat encouraging. 

On the rumour front I really hope we get a hint of the next releases for Stormcast and Kruleboyz before pre-orders go up. It would help me decide whether I'm going to fully commit to one of these factions. 

2 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

Sounds like LFGS' are only getting very limited number of Dominion.

It's like this company just does not want to sell their own product sometimes...

Preorder day expectations is mostly just a lot of frustration and disappointment at this point, although I would love to be proven wrong.

2 minutes ago, Scurvydog said:

It's like this company just does not want to sell their own product sometimes...

Preorder day expectations is mostly just a lot of frustration and disappointment at this point, although I would love to be proven wrong.

Something something, definition of insanity, something something

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Neverchosen said:

We are getting some actual battle reports with 3.0 rules:

Dark Artisan and Guerrilla Miniature Games are both wonderful content creators so I am pleased to see them getting these batreps out and I am happy to share that love here. Sadly I will not be able to watch either until much later tonight as I am thankfully starting a new job today.

Just watched GMG report

Spoiler

New SCE got has been almost tabled while did completly nothing :D
Yes I know that point cost for KO was still based on 2.0 and they did few mistakes related to CA frequency but geez the power gap was huge!

Edited by Brakh
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Scurvydog said:

They do. But how do you balance making enough vs making too many that they are still on the shelf when they release the 3 tiers of introduction box in another months time.

9 minutes ago, Scurvydog said:

Because they don't, considering that their margins on Dominion vs selling you individual kits + books are probably much lower. They want to sell enough to bring in new players and create FOMO, so that those a portion of those who can't get the box will jump on the kits once they are available. Please note that while I find this incredibly frustrating as a consumer, it doesn't strike me as evil or anything.

As an aside: the GW store of my region (medium-size but serving a pretty big population) has put on a video to explain that they will receive 14 boxes and giving tips on how to order online. Depressing stuff :D

10 minutes ago, Brakh said:

Just watched GMG report

Reveal hidden contents

New SCE got has been almost tabled while did completly nothing :D
Yes I know that point cost for KO was still based on 2.0 and they did few mistakes related to CA frequency but geez the power gap was huge!

That + bad dice rolls. ^^

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, MarkK said:

Any speculation on what will be in the starter boxes? 

Not sure I'll be trying to get a dominion box.

Looking at the points I think they maybe will just drop the winged sce hero, since without her they are pretty balanced points wise. The smaller boxes will then probably star dropping the bigger heroes and elites

5 minutes ago, AlmGandix3 said:

Looking at the points I think they maybe will just drop the winged sce hero, since without her they are pretty balanced points wise. The smaller boxes will then probably star dropping the bigger heroes and elites

If the starters are anything like the 40k ones, they’ll drop a lot of stuff for the cheaper 2, and the expensive one will be the middle one plus terrain. The difference in actual models between the command starter and indomitus is pretty drastic.