The Rumour Thread

1 minute ago, The Red King said:

I mean I see what you're getting at but it has to be Charlie Sheen right? Like he's halfway to daemon prince of slaanesh by now.

He is Slaanesh themselves jsut not giving F about Glutos and Sigvald anymore after the twins were born.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Doko said:

If this is true......it gonna be more umbalanced than the old box of ghost(where stormcast were so much stronger than ghosts).

New orcs seems veeeeeery strongth but stormcast are.........USSELESS.

Really every unit is as 40%overcosted,basic unit does a 50% damage from elite units that costs 120 but cost 140????? Even 100 would be expensive. In short does the same damage than lumineths hammerers that cost 100 but these cost 140 and people didnt played hammerers because they were bad

The winged hero is a joke,6 damage median for 300??????? Have stats of 200 or less.

The banner hero,125 points to only bring 3d3 wounds back? So im spending 125 points to revive 6 wounds? For that cost i could bring since the start a unit extra for less points,100% useless hero

The new mage is expensiver than actual mage and is worse,i prefer autocancel one spell every day before the small bubble anti endless spells

The bulku boys have stats of 140\150 units but cost 180

The bodyguards,similar units as seraphons do the same for 100 and not 155 points,but can have a use to avoid snipe heroes

If this is true all in this box gonna be umplayable for stormcast,they arent bad,they are 100% useless and overcosted by 40%. How is posible the winged hero cost 300 and the ork hero cost 200 when have similar stats

Units pts costs are not just decided on damage in melee combat. The stormcast for example can do mw to EVERY unit within 10 when they land (7" with the stormcast leader). They have great saves and some synergies too. Yes the wizard cant cancel a cast but we have been told already several times endless spells will be MUCH more powerful and relevant so an aura of denial may actually be better. 

I have freely joined in criticising the silly bits of this new edition but you have to look at units beyind just the direct damage. Read some stuff from tournament winning players and they highly value great movement for example. 

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Siphon said:

I do wonder if they very subtly answered the question about if AOS will get the 40k second rank engagement rules in this article.  They talk about the 2inch reach of the Symbaresh being useful because more of them can attack.  If we were getting the 40k rules, I’m not sure it would matter.  

probably reading too much into it.  

Right now I'm assuming there's no second rank rule. 1" coherency is enough to get roughly two staggered ranks with 25 or 32mm bases and I think they want people to have to take longer melee weapons if they want to go above that. They're pushing back a bit on big unit anyway.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, sandlemad said:

New Broken Realms story: https://www.warhammer-community.com/2021/06/11/broken-realms-fiction-premonitions/

Seems to be set during the siege of Excelsis, from BR Kragnos. Coming a bit late, clearly.

So first a short story is published, letting us know sigvald and gluttos are going to excelsis to fight. Then they don’t appear in BR Kragnos. And now we get another short story that sigvald and gluttos didn’t make it to the fight? What was the point of setting up this plot line at all? Weird. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, elfhead said:

So first a short story is published, letting us know sigvald and gluttos are going to excelsis to fight. Then they don’t appear in BR Kragnos. And now we get another short story that sigvald and gluttos didn’t make it to the fight? What was the point of setting up this plot line at all? Weird. 

Maybe they would have had more screentime depending on the Broken Realms Allarielle rumors. Like instead of the start of Kragnos being about Allarielle it would have Glutos and Sigvald getting lost in the jungle fighting Seraphon.

For all those that like to divine the future from tea leaves and old parchments, here is the list of factions presented before AoS 2.0 in order:

D Nighthaunt 

O Stormcast Eternals

C Everchosen & Slaves to Darkness

S Ironjawz

O Fireslayers

C Hosts of Slaanesh

C Maggotkin of Nurgle

C Blades of Khorne 

C Disciples of Tzeentch

O Daughters of Khaine

D Legions of Nagash

O Sylvaneth 

C Skaven

D Flesh-Eater Courts

O Kharadron Overlords

O Seraphon

O Free Peoples 

C Beasts of Chaos

S Beastclaw Raiders

O Dispossessed 

S Grots

S Bonesplitterz

D Nighthaunt 2

O Stormcast Eternals 2

S Gutbusters

O Aelves

O Idoneth Deepkin

while the first 4 battletomes for AoS 2.0 were: 

Stormcast eternals

Nighthaunt

Beasts of Chaos

Gloomspite Gitz

while I would welcome a box Gitz-BoC, being first after the starter set would seem too much the same as AoS 2.0…

5 hours ago, Doko said:

If this is true......it gonna be more umbalanced than the old box of ghost(where stormcast were so much stronger than ghosts).

New orcs seems veeeeeery strongth but stormcast are.........USSELESS.

Really every unit is as 40%overcosted,basic unit does a 50% damage from elite units that costs 120 but cost 140????? Even 100 would be expensive. In short does the same damage than lumineths hammerers that cost 100 but these cost 140 and people didnt played hammerers because they were bad

The winged hero is a joke,6 damage median for 300??????? Have stats of 200 or less.

The banner hero,125 points to only bring 3d3 wounds back? So im spending 125 points to revive 6 wounds? For that cost i could bring since the start a unit extra for less points,100% useless hero

The new mage is expensiver than actual mage and is worse,i prefer autocancel one spell every day before the small bubble anti endless spells

The bulku boys have stats of 140\150 units but cost 180

The bodyguards,similar units as seraphons do the same for 100 and not 155 points,but can have a use to avoid snipe heroes

If this is true all in this box gonna be umplayable for stormcast,they arent bad,they are 100% useless and overcosted by 40%. How is posible the winged hero cost 300 and the ork hero cost 200 when have similar stats

180 is fine for the annhihilators. They would be broken at 150 since you would just spam them in MSU then deep strike them and charge to splash mortals onto everything. Between the landing and the charge they're looking at around 5-6 mortals before combat even starts. Plus they do more mortals when they die.

The Orruk gutrippas are pretty unimpressive though, That's the same offensive statline as spider riders (which are awful, even when they get mortals on 5s), with half the move, for 10 less points. The -1 to be hit is interesting, but they'll need something more to give them more gas for them to be good. I suspect there will be a retreat and charge somewhere so they can use their shields every turn though. 2" range would be good but I've heard otherwise.

1 hour ago, AngryPanda said:

image.jpeg.d396983deaec9691169123fc8faa6243.jpeg

I haven’t seen anyone mention this yet, but for the ability icon ‘Magnificent’ it says you can pick an enchantment; anyone have any ideas what this could be? Unit upgrades? Additional special abilities? 

One of the WarCom articles mention extra prayers for priest as one of the enhancements. We can assume is the new version of "+1 Artifact"

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Dreddships said:

IDK vs Maggotkin.

Crabs vs Drowned Men.

Hit me up with that Pirate Nurgle.

They're the only 1.0 battletomes too.

Copium is ingested

Ooooh yes with Monstrous Gibblies!!

1 hour ago, alghero81 said:

For all those that like to divine the future from tea leaves and old parchments, here is the list of factions presented before AoS 2.0 in order:

D Nighthaunt 

O Stormcast Eternals

S Ironjawz

O Fireslayers

C Hosts of Slaanesh

C Maggotkin of Nurgle

C Blades of Khorne 

C Disciples of Tzeentch

O Daughters of Khaine

D Legions of Nagash

O Sylvaneth 

C Skaven

D Flesh-Eater Courts

O Kharadron Overlords

O Seraphon

O Free Peoples 

C Beasts of Chaos

S Beastclaw Raiders

O Dispossessed 

S Grots

S Bonesplitterz

D Nighthaunt 2

O Stormcast Eternals 2

S Gutbusters

O Aelves

O Idoneth Deepkin

Stormcast eternals

Nighthaunt

Beasts of Chaos

Gloomspite Gitz

while I would welcome a box Gitz-BoC, being first after the starter set would seem too much the same as AoS 2.0…

Maybe that's what they are doing? Releasing in the same pattern? I just want that boxed set to be true!! 

2 hours ago, alghero81 said:

D Nighthaunt 

O Stormcast Eternals

S Ironjawz

O Fireslayers

C Hosts of Slaanesh

C Maggotkin of Nurgle

C Blades of Khorne 

C Disciples of Tzeentch

O Daughters of Khaine

D Legions of Nagash

O Sylvaneth 

C Skaven

D Flesh-Eater Courts

O Kharadron Overlords

O Seraphon

O Free Peoples 

C Beasts of Chaos

S Beastclaw Raiders

O Dispossessed 

S Grots

S Bonesplitterz

D Nighthaunt 2

O Stormcast Eternals 2

S Gutbusters

O Aelves

O Idoneth Deepkin

Stormcast eternals

Nighthaunt

Beasts of Chaos

Gloomspite Gitz

What do the letters in front of the armies mean?

2 hours ago, AngryPanda said:

I haven’t seen anyone mention this yet, but for the ability icon ‘Magnificent’ it says you can pick an enchantment; anyone have any ideas what this could be? Unit upgrades? Additional special abilities? 

I wouldn't be surprised if the extra artifact becomes a enchantment, just like drop reduction isn't something universal anymore.

6 hours ago, novembermike said:

Right now I'm assuming there's no second rank rule. 1" coherency is enough to get roughly two staggered ranks with 25 or 32mm bases and I think they want people to have to take longer melee weapons if they want to go above that. They're pushing back a bit on big unit anyway.

There are a lot of large base units (even larger than 32mm) that don't have greater than 1" weapon options; if there is no fight in ranks rules, as I said elsewhere, GW primarily nerfed model sales.

Take, for instance, Ogor Gluttons. Why would you ever, ever, ever, ever run them in anything more than 3s with a 1" range on those bases? Without fight in ranks, it's min units or don't even take them.

7 minutes ago, Reinholt said:

There are a lot of large base units (even larger than 32mm) that don't have greater than 1" weapon options; if there is no fight in ranks rules, as I said elsewhere, GW primarily nerfed model sales.

Take, for instance, Ogor Gluttons. Why would you ever, ever, ever, ever run them in anything more than 3s with a 1" range on those bases? Without fight in ranks, it's min units or don't even take them.

You wouldn't and that is the point. GW is trying to disincentivize running large units in favor of minimum size this edition.

But a lot of people, you included, seem to think that because a person is discouraged from running them in large blocks, that person will opt not to run them at all instead of in small units.

And I think that is a silly train of thought. 

Lots of people use MSU already. Raging that this change will "primarily nerf model sales" is just howling at the moon.

• Like 1

I don’t remember, but I’m pretty positive WHFB commonly had MSUs. Usually cavalry, but even infantry did 10 man units. ESPECIALLY ranged combat. This feels like bringing back ranks without square bases and wedge format units. Didn’t people want Bretonnia back? They skipped the knights, and kept their formations!!

just saying MSU has some basis in history. 

Edited by TimeToWaste85

The problem are the units that are 10 as msu, like idk baldys, u cant take them as 5 and they are totally useless with new rules. Since only 5 each 10 will fight but u will pay full price.

Only thing that could fix that would be that every 6+ msu unit with base bigger than 21, with only 1" get changed to 2" in faqs released with new eddition

• Like 1

Gluttons are just in a really weird spot with the new coherency rules, combined with the fact that they don't get command options (where most of their rules and abilities come from) until they are at 6 man. Its going to be hard to justify taking them at all over Ironguts (get full command at 4 models, and have 2" reach for larger units), Leadbelchers (come in 2s, likely 4s in the new update, and contribute during the shooting phase while hitting harder in melee than gluttons without command), Mournfangs (can be run in 2s or 4s with full command, and hit harder than comparable gluttons without command).

Gluttons are just in an odd spot. They either need command options in a 3 man unit, 2" reach, or to be made into minimum 6 with a significant points decrease.

Edited by AverageBoss
  • Like 3

I have liked almost everything they have shown about the new edition so far, with the exception of the new coherence rules. This could all go away if they reveal some method for models stuck in back ranks to fight. The fact that this hurts 32 mil bases more than any other base. Personally I would have wrote the rule so that every model must be within 1" of another model and must be within 12" of ever other model in the unit. There now there are no overly long stringed out units, and a 10 man 32 mil unit could fit end to end with a little wiggle room leftover. Still going to hope for some alteration to engagement range.

The only thing I’m struggling to understand is if a 3man unit (greater than 25mm base) needs to be in a triangle shape in order to retain coherency. Which would be stupid. Other than that, feels like WHFB returning with ranks. We used to fight only front rank, unless you had spears (aka 2”-3” reach). The more they change ApS, the more it feels like we’re getting WHFB back, but on round bases. 

7 minutes ago, TimeToWaste85 said:

The only thing I’m struggling to understand is if a 3man unit (greater than 25mm base) needs to be in a triangle shape in order to retain coherency. Which would be stupid. Other than that, feels like WHFB returning with ranks. We used to fight only front rank, unless you had spears (aka 2”-3” reach). The more they change ApS, the more it feels like we’re getting WHFB back, but on round bases. 

coherency applies over 5 models, so you're okay.

7 hours ago, elfhead said:

well the skink priest said they aren't there yet and now they'll be weaker when they do except the walls will already be down when they do get there. 

Edited by Nagash42