The Rumour Thread

Did the maths

SCE sit at around 1350

Kruleboyz sit at around 1050

If you play w/o Yndrasta, would be a balanced box points wise.

BoC vs Gitz box seems a little bit unusual. Appreciate new releases for BoC and Ogors tho.

That release schedule feels sparse though. Out of the factions that need an update, I'd have thought Skaven would be one rather than DElfs and Lumineth.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Tiberius501 said:

So Orruks look bad, Stormcast look good? Seeing how 40K went with space marines, that sounds quite plausible lol. 

How do you get that?

It looks like 10 Gutrippaz and 3 annihilators cost the same 180 pts. In pure damage output we can see the potential below. 5 Vindictors included although they are a bit cheaper at 140 pts for 5.

image.png.315e70a5af75c959c2aa22368bece82d.png

Then we can take into account the Gutrippaz are 20 wounds and 10 models, where the stormcast get 9 wounds for the same points and 3 models. If we imagine a straight up fight between the units the Annihilators will also be at -1 to hit from the Gutrippaz ability, reducing their damage against a 5+ save to around 5,5. We can then easily see that the Orruks will grind down the Annihilators in most cases, expect of course in an ideal scenario where the Annihilators deep strike and get a good charge in and strike first etc. But of course a good setup from the Orruk will have them walk all over the Annihilators, mortal wounding them down, especially if they get the 5+ MW poison buff.

Let us just say in a straight up fight to the last man, they are pretty evenly matched. However the Orruks have more models and wounds total, so can more easily take mortal wounds themselves pt for pt, they have more move and can more easily hold an objective.

Of course we do not know all allegiance abilities yet, and this is very much in a vacuum, but there is little reason to outright call the orruks bad and the stormcast the greatest ever. I'm sure the box will be quite evenly matched if Yndrasta is removed from the equation, if anyone even cares about that.

• Like 4

GW trying to plug the leak with an official post on Core Battalions. 

O2mvdKRiLb9nHa3Q.jpg

LCQOWrOHaLhqAcdK.jpg

BpjZmgjHaIblBdf2.jpg

EpulgMEERegYUNQG.jpg

D1V8Js7DqMJcJX2C.jpg

3 hours ago, HollowHills said:

On the credibility of these rumors.

In favour:

They leaked the reinforcement rules on Wednesday before the pages were put up elsewhere.

Bob on War of Sigmar claims these line up with the rumors he has heard. Given that war of sigmar tends to get info from Atia and she is reliable this is quite strong evidence.

4chan has seen accurate leaks lately.

Against:

It's 4chan.

The story leaks don't seem to make much sense when the theme of the edition was more about destruction and beasts. Aos 2 followed the Soul Wars theme all the way until the last BR book which transitioned into 3rd.

They use the name "Umbraneth" which I'm fairly sure was shown to be a fake leak previously. 

Was this actually the same person, or an Anon going "hello fellow fa/tg/uys, it is I, Anon who leaked the reinforcement rules. Trust me I am him."?

Edited by Clan's Cynic
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Kaleb Daark said:

Sir might want to look at the toad dragon..

The saddle is just right for an ogre as well.

image.png.b1bf63cbf7299a0dcee5eaa0c6e3569b.png

I forgot about this brute!! Yes let's get something like this for the Sludgeraker!!

1 hour ago, Dreddships said:

Did the maths

SCE sit at around 1350

Kruleboyz sit at around 1050

If you play w/o Yndrasta, would be a balanced box points wise.

BoC vs Gitz box seems a little bit unusual. Appreciate new releases for BoC and Ogors tho.

That release schedule feels sparse though. Out of the factions that need an update, I'd have thought Skaven would be one rather than DElfs and Lumineth.

BOC and Gitz could with it being Spiderfang. Spiderfang are in the forests of the Realms as are the Beasts of Chaos. I'm loving these boxes that just arent Order Vs ? 

I agree on the rumours, I believe the first of them regarding the Battletomes and updates to Mawtribes and BOC but the others are so far off I've less faith in them. If anything I would hope for a sizeable update for Mawtribes, BOC, Skaven and Seraphon this Edition. 

Everything is else gravy.

• Like 1

If I'm understanding this correctly, does that mean that there's no "Battleline" distinction anymore? So for example, Skaven Stormfiends would now be considered "Troops" and I could take them to fill out my battalion? Sort of like mono-Skyre now, but I can take other clans units too?

1 minute ago, Ahlambra said:

If I'm understanding this correctly, does that mean that there's no "Battleline" distinction anymore? So for example, Skaven Stormfiends would now be considered "Troops" and I could take them to fill out my battalion? Sort of like mono-Skyre now, but I can take other clans units too?

no there is a difference for the battalion composition (where battleline doesn't count but where you check the unit "icons") and army composition (where you differentiate the unit roles : leader, batteline, behemoths ...)

2 minutes ago, Ahlambra said:

There are still battleline its just in core battalions the word isnt used at a distinct point. So you can use Hurrakan spirit of the wind that has 8 wounds and no tags as a troop in that core battalion or you could use Vanari wardens who are battleline. But like now you need 3 battleline units in 3.0

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Ahlambra said:

No, what this means is that in a mono-Skryre army you can take units of 9 stormfiends (2 reinforcements out of your total 4 @ 2k pts) because they're battleline. But in a mixed skaventide army you can only reinforce stormfiends once because they aren't battleline (still using up 1 of your reinforcements)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, LegolasisKing said:

There are still battleline its just in core battalions the word isnt used at a distinct point. So you can use Hurrakan spirit of the wind that has 8 wounds and no tags as a troop in that core battalion or you could use Vanari wardens who are battleline. But like now you need 3 battleline units in 3.0

My bad, I somehow completely glossed over that Contest of Generals picture. It's clear as day there.

Edited by Ahlambra

1 minute ago, Cosmicsheep said:

No, what this means is that in a mono-Skryre army you can take units of 9 stormfiends (2 reinforcements out of your total 4 @ 2k pts) because they're battleline. But in a mixed skaventide army you can only reinforce stormfiends once because they aren't battleline (still using up 1 of your reinforcements)

That makes more sense. Totally missed the Battleline requirement on the Contest of Generals picture. Looks like Stormfiends can fill out Troops slots in a Core Battalion but you still need to go mono-Skryre for them to be considered Battleline.

24 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

GW trying to plug the leak with an official post on Core Battalions. 

O2mvdKRiLb9nHa3Q.jpg

LCQOWrOHaLhqAcdK.jpg

BpjZmgjHaIblBdf2.jpg

EpulgMEERegYUNQG.jpg

D1V8Js7DqMJcJX2C.jpg

Was this actually the same person, or an Anon going "hello fellow fa/tg/uys, it is I, Anon who leaked the reinforcement rules. Trust me I am him."?

I don’t think anyone was using tripcodes or anything in the verified leak. I’d take the massive 3-year plan leak with a grain of salt.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

(...)

It wasn't the same post, just the same-ish thread. 

The leaks about the release schedule is probably fake news, as is the description of the Sldugeraker and the Not!Wyvern for the Kruleboyz. 

Probably someone taking the opportunity given by the Core Book leaks to start a rumor / lie / whishlist ...

__

The new Battlepack rules are really interesting ; I lost interest in AOS (ruleset) at the end of second edition and played only Warcry and Warhammer Quest. I really want to dive back in with 750 or 1000 points games now! 

From the way the leaks seemed to read, the double reinforcement rules only seem to apply to units that are non-conditional battleline. 

There was something about it being warscroll based rather than condition based. Sure it's mentioned somewhere in the reinforcement rules that were leaked. No 'death stars' seemed to imply it too.

If so, think its a max 6 Stormfiends. Also really hits Pestilens too. Plague Monks are conditional too.

Now I think of it, there is a very small group of factions who benefit from that if it is 'core battleline' reinforcement.

EDIT : I've reread the leaked rule. It specifically says 'battleline battlefield role'. Whether this includes conditional battleline or units explicitally battleline on the warscroll isn't too clear. I'm hoping it's the former, but the way it seems to be phrased by WarCom would make me believe it's only for unconditional battleline.

Edited by Dreddships
Clarification

3 hours ago, Scurvydog said:

How do you get that?

It looks like 10 Gutrippaz and 3 annihilators cost the same 180 pts. In pure damage output we can see the potential below. 5 Vindictors included although they are a bit cheaper at 140 pts for 5.

image.png.315e70a5af75c959c2aa22368bece82d.png

Then we can take into account the Gutrippaz are 20 wounds and 10 models, where the stormcast get 9 wounds for the same points and 3 models. If we imagine a straight up fight between the units the Annihilators will also be at -1 to hit from the Gutrippaz ability, reducing their damage against a 5+ save to around 5,5. We can then easily see that the Orruks will grind down the Annihilators in most cases, expect of course in an ideal scenario where the Annihilators deep strike and get a good charge in and strike first etc. But of course a good setup from the Orruk will have them walk all over the Annihilators, mortal wounding them down, especially if they get the 5+ MW poison buff.

Did you count with mw charge?

Spoiler

Gutrippas do 3.89 dmg (one anihilator down). But, if Annihilators  charge (average 7 rolls) means 10.91,  that means 5 Gutrippas down and only 5 of them will return dmg. If Annihilators come down with Scions, that means 2 mw more for at least 13 wounds average to Guttrippas, and only 4 models will attack Annihilators.

With -1 to hit, that will be 9 wounds average (still good dmg), but SCE can use +1 to hit with All Out Attack (vs mortal wounds and having a 2+ save, pointless to use an All Out Defense). Of course, Guttrippas could use +1 defense and it could save at least one model to die.

Conclusion: Guttrippas need models to do any dmg to Annihilators, Annihilators need to charge Guttrippas.

Edited by Beliman
  • Confused 1

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2021/06/11/how-the-new-edition-of-warhammer-age-of-sigmar-affects-every-faction/

Khorne will be the last faction that gets an article: Either we get some nice reveals or gw needs all this time to come up with at least some points why Khorne is worth playing, before abandoning the idea and writing about how good allied Slaves to Darkness are :D:D:D

Edit: Sorry, meant to write this in the Salt-Containment-Threa...I mean in the Khorne Faction Thread!

Edited by Charleston
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

5 minutes ago, Charleston said:

Fyreslayers and Kharadron Overlords are separate articles, means completely nothing but ill convince myself that it means we will stay separate. 

Also can't wait to see their articles!  Moving soon and plan on being the scourge of the skies in Germany. 

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, HorticulusTGA said:

The new Battlepack rules are really interesting ; I lost interest in AOS (ruleset) at the end of second edition and played only Warcry and Warhammer Quest. I really want to dive back in with 750 or 1000 points games now! 

I don't see much talk about this, but I like that GW took the time to implement better scaling for point levels. At lower point levels, you will not have fewer max size units and smaller tables, which should go a long way towards making them more playable.

• Like 2