The Rumour Thread

9 minutes ago, Aryann said:

That way I can come up with a scenario for Stormcasts-Khorne alliance or Dwarf-Orkz. There can always be a greater evil that needs special alliances to be made. :P

We already know that the Scourge Privateers (Corsairs) are a faction present in the cities of the mortal realm. In "City of Secrets" they are shown as a mafia like organization. Not as highly respected as the Stormcast Eternals but still a vital part of the society in the mortal realms.

Just as a example, the Anvilgard Box can represent the garrison of a lonely naval base deep inside a swamp in ghyran. (Thinking a twisted and darker version of the swamps in louisana.)
A region where nurgles corruption still lingers just beneath the surface. The privateers are trained sailors but even they are struggling navigating the dark waters. Where they are regularly fighting of ambushes from twisted monstrosities. So they request the help of the Judicators. These stormcasts are skilled in finding even the smallest trace of chaos corruption. So together they patrol the waters of the swamp. Slowly fighting back against the things hiding there.
So when they hear unnatural screams and ominous chanting from deep within the swamp, they don't wait for the forces of chaos to hit them first. They assemble a group of the most hardened veterans to search for the origin of this darkness.

• Like 11

11 minutes ago, Aryann said:

That way I can come up with a scenario for Stormcasts-Khorne alliance or Dwarf-Orkz. There can always be a greater evil that needs special alliances to be made. :P

I completely agree, you'd just have to find the greater evil. At the moment there isn't one that could cause Duardin and Orruks to unite, but in the past Sigmar and Gorkamorka did, so it proves that it's possible.

'The enemy of my enemy is my friend' until such time as we don't share an enemy any more!

11 minutes ago, Aryann said:

I completely agree, you'd just have to find the greater evil. At the moment there isn't one that could cause Duardin and Orruks to unite, but in the past Sigmar and Gorkamorka did, so it proves that it's possible.

'The enemy of my enemy is my friend' until such time as we don't share an enemy any more!

All those scenarios you write about can be created and will remain logic. It's just I would've left that for RPG games or maybe video games with plot-driven action. AoS is for me a great number of distinctive, creative and beatufil armies of models which I adore each and every discretely rather than a blend of them. I'm still amazed what they did with generic dwarfs when they created Fyreslayers and Kharadron Overlords. I don't want them to turn back. Think what they can do with Aelfs.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Aryann said:

All those scenarios you write about can be created and will remain logic. It's just I would've left that for RPG games or maybe video games with plot-driven action. AoS is for me a great number of distinctive, creative and beatufil armies of models which I adore each and every discretely rather than a blend of them. I'm still amazed what they did with generic dwarfs when they created Fyreslayers and Kharadron Overlords. I don't want them to turn back. Think what they can do with Aelfs.

They aren't turning back though. This is just an example of the stormcast fighting alongside their allies in the grand alliance - just like that time when they fought against Nurgle with Sylvaneth. An impermanent grouping of forces at best, but it is something Sigmar MUST do to keep his allies happy. An ally that don't help you out is no ally at all - same goes for the corsairs, they either got some favours, or gold out of this, or got strongarmed into the fight. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Aryann said:

Can't agree. This anvilgard box is really anti-thematic. Especially if we remember what emotions where between old empire and dark elves. Yeah I know that now they are in the same grand alliance but just look at them. They don't  match. If i ever buy this box it'll be because i need stormcast minis and privateers minis for my two seperate armies. 

Somebody who came up with allies mechanic earned GW a lot of money. It's almost obligatory if you want to be competetive and they sell old minis. It wasn't made to let people make more thematic armies. 

Oh man, that's a same you feel that way. I personally think it's the best thing they ever did. The execution was lacking but the game mechanic is very cool. But I'm not tournament competitive focused (nor do I think that's the intent of the game). 

I'm really hoping the new faction abilities will make it a tough choice to go faction specific (with it's inherent drawbacks) or go grand alliance (but don't get a cool ability). But it's also a relative new game. So i will try to be patient, as long as I'm having fun ;) 

• Like 1

Y'know at first I was all "wtf is this @Aryann guy talking about, he's such a whinge" but now I get what he means. It's not that these aren't cool boxes that you can maybe get some nice discounts on.

It's the theme.

I for one can imagine a theme you'd apply that'd make each work in its own right using a few conversions and some fine, fine colour schemes but the box uses the models they have already so I can feel that mismatch idea.

Further, new models with the new aesthetic will always be cooler than reboxings (no matter how cool the blend).

At the same time, there's no reason to imagine a cool reboxing precludes the release of an even cooler new, aesthetically different faction. So there's that!

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Turragor said:

At the same time, there's no reason to imagine a cool reboxing precludes the release of an even cooler new, aesthetically different faction. So there's that!

No, it doesn't at all. I think that's the issue here, some seem to see it as a 'step back' or whatever, when really it uses very few resources for GW to rebox models into a bundle, so it's not stopping anything new being made. 

On 8/14/2017 at 1:00 PM, TheOtherJosh said:

The@scrollbuilderdude would be potentially able to answer scheduling for updating the "Warscroll Builder" app on the GW website. (Unless that has been entirely taken over by GW.)

I am still the guy updating it. :)

Unfortunately I don't have any exact dates at the moment, but when we do it will be announced on the Warhammer Community site. 

• Like 8

Its only matched play that prohibits you allying orruls with duardin or whatever you like! It was only acouple of months ago the battle report in white dwarf was ironjaws and rotbringers vs fyreslayers and kharadrons. In any game of triumph and treachery i'd expect to see any number of unlikely alliances (along with the inevitable betrayals of course!)

For the most part GW wants you to be able to play with whatever mix of models you want. Its only in matched play that this is limited to being from one of 4 grand alliances. Viva diversity and all that!

• Like 2

Love the new video, couldnt spot anything new personally but the artwork did give us Plaguebearer Maggot Riders, which is very likely what we've seen in the spoiler pictures months ago.

RumourEngineApr12Content.jpg

Female Stormcasts are obviously great aswell, I for one welcome them :) 

giphy.gif

++ MOD TALK ++

We're obviously all excited about the new releases. But if you're just going to say something negative, back it up with some solid arguments or don't say anything at all. We're here because we LIKE the game. Let's keep this place either positive or filled with constructive criticism.

• Like 10

So as everybody has been getting excited about the AOS stuff off the GW site, theres a small event happening right now called Gencon. GW are there showing off something amazing and we have a release date for it. Can I ask you all to get excited about Shadespire......

DHdG2HfVYAAdmtX.jpg

Image from Domus Twitter Feed.. https://twitter.com/ginger_buddha/status/898264558191751169

• Like 9

1 hour ago, Gaz Taylor said:

So as everybody has been getting excited about the AOS stuff off the GW site, theres a small event happening right now called Gencon. GW are there showing off something amazing and we have a release date for it. Can I ask you all to get excited about Shadespire......

DHdG2HfVYAAdmtX.jpg

Image from Domus Twitter Feed.. https://twitter.com/ginger_buddha/status/898264558191751169

pretty nuts day today 

images.jpg

• Like 1

9 hours ago, polarbear said:

Noooo?? give something for the people that want dark elves, duardin or free peoples!! Not every order player wants stormcast, even if theyre good. Dont mess it up with SC wich everyone who wants already has! Why couldnt these armies just get start collectings? Now with GH2 and allegience ab. itd be great timing

• Like 1

DHdG2HfVYAAdmtX.jpg

That female Liberator remains one of my favorite GW models, I can't wait until November...

Looking forward to trying out Shadespire, but the reason no1 why I'll be buying a few boxes of that game is that lovely lady.

DHdG2HfVYAAdmtX.jpg

I hope this is a success but I'll hold out and hope my community starts playing it

• Like 1