The Rumour Thread

2 hours ago, HollowHills said:

So someone on 4chan who "leaked" the reinforcement rule also "leaked" this release schedule for aos 3rd.

2021/2022

Maggotkin, Gitz, Ogors and BoC as the first 4 books after SCE and Orruks. Large releases for Ogors and BoC.

Dawnbringer Crusades (rebooted cities)

Umbraneth and River Temple Lumineth

Chorfs

If this is true I'm quitting aos in protest at Idoneth not getting a new book or models for 4 to 5 years.

It's not uncommon to yoink rumours from somewhere else that hold validity and mix them in with yours when people are making things up. Like some of the earlier rumours where people took Grimdark stuff and mixed in made-up stuff.

• Like 3

So someone on 4chan who "leaked" the reinforcement rule also "leaked" this release schedule for aos 3rd.

2021/2022

Maggotkin, Gitz, Ogors and BoC as the first 4 books after SCE and Orruks. Large releases for Ogors and BoC.

Chorfs

If this is true I'm quitting aos in protest at Idoneth not getting a new book or models for 4 to 5 years.

The amount of arrogant elves is already ridiculously high. We don’t need anymore hat thieves, much less a new army from the king of the Oedipus complex. Idoneth on the other hand are alright, they’re arrogant but they also know how flaws they are. I also find the whole chorfs in 2023 thing to be Taurus ******, since we have Hobgoblins incoming.

• Like 2

2021/2022

Chorfs

Take everything from 4Chan with a grain of salt.  

Also this "release schedule" only really shows what is set for 21/22, I doubt only 3 factions are being updated/released in 2022 and 1 in 2023. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, HollowHills said:

2021/2022

Chorfs

Dawnbringer Crusades as a name for rebooted Cities doesn't sound all that friendly to inter species cooperation. It certainly doesn't fit Covens or Serpentis.

Maybe they dump all non-humans by then, or spread them across new books.

I'd rather have them dump the god's name entirely than intensify Catholic and Imperium similarities.

But then again, xenophobia sells, 40k proves.

• Like 1

Normally, most 4chan rumors are just made-up. HOWEVER, there has been a legitimate leaker on 4chan recently. He (if its even the same person) called Cursed City, the vampire centaurs, hobgrots and a few other things by name in advance. Not only that, but Bob over on War of Sigmar said it fits the few things he knows. I think Bob gets his info from Atia since he's the mod of Atia's site, and Atia's word is always right so just by association these rumors might have some truth to them. Maybe another fake, but not fake like the Reddit ones that Whitefang commented on?

Edited by FFJump

5 hours ago, HollowHills said:

2021/2022

Chorfs

They've only spoiled the FIRST battletomes of the year. I'm sure there will be more.

I understand that people are tired of aelves but one has to admit that the setting feels incomplete as long as we know that Malerion is a god with his own faction but it's not present in minis. GW held his release really long now and to be honest late 2022 is much belated for me.

2 hours ago, Malakithe said:

But I want chorfs now

I also want chorfs but I want them to end up being their own thing that has nothing to do with Chaos Dwarves. 'Yeah, turns out the leaker thought it was short for 'Chaos Dwarf' when really Chorfs are just the new Cat People line.'

1 hour ago, zilberfrid said:

Dawnbringer Crusades as a name for rebooted Cities doesn't sound all that friendly to inter species cooperation. It certainly doesn't fit Covens or Serpentis.

Maybe they dump all non-humans by then, or spread them across new books.

I'd rather have them dump the god's name entirely than intensify Catholic and Imperium similarities.

But then again, xenophobia sells, 40k proves.

Azyr contained dwarves,elves and humans for centuries and these crusaders are their continuation, i doubt they'll dump totally the interspecies units as ,opposed to the 40k imperium, gods are worshipped by various species(for example the Grungni forge-dimension in spear of shadows has some Ogors).

Serpentis and privateers have also faithful and loyal sigmarite in them, and even who do not worship sigmar find common causes in the cities civilization where they belonged for many years.

Still i find strange having Dok helping these efforts and not seen as traitors though.

Edited by Snorri Nelriksson
  • Like 2

More leaks (or rumors?). Don't know the source:

Vindictors 5 / 140 Battleline
Annihilators 3 / 180
Praetors 3 / 155
Imperatant 160
Vexillor 125
Knight Arcanum 150
Yndrasta 300

Killaboss with Stabgrot 140
Killaboss on Great Gnashtoof 200
Murknob with Belcha-banna 115
Swampcalla Shaman 125
Hobgrotz 10/95
Manskewer Boltboyz 3/120
Guttrippaz 10/180

Stormcast Eternals:

Spoiler

Yndrasa:
12" move, 8 wounds, 3+ save
4 attacks, 3+/2+/-2/3
MONSTERS within 3" are treated as having 10 less wounds when looking at damage brackets
4+ ignore
Once per turn revive a STORMCAST model with 3 or less wounds from a nearby unit
Stormcast and Cities units within 12 dont take battleshock

Vindictors:
2 wounds, 5" move, 3+ save, 7 bravery
2 attacks, 3+/3+/-1/1 damage
hit rolls of 6 cause 1 mw and attack sequence ends

Vexillor:
6 wounds, 3+ save, 5" move
4 attacks, 3+/3+/-1/2
Banner: Once per game choose 3 SCE units. Heal d3 wounds or revive d3 wounds worth of models from each unit. If you picked the same unit 3 times, roll 3d3 for that unit and heal or restore models

Praetors:
3 wounds, 5" move, 3+ save
3 attacks, 3+/3+/-1/2
When a nearby stormcast hero takes a wound roll a dice. On a 2-4 the Praetors take the wound instead. On a 5+ the wound is ignored.

Krule Boyz:

Spoiler

Manskewer Boltboyz:
5" move, 2 wounds, 6+ save
Aimed Shot: 24" 1 attack, 3+/3+/-1/2
Hasty Shot: 12" 2 attacks, 4+/3+/-1/2
Can only use Aimed Shot if you didn't move and there are no enemies within 3"

Gutrippaz:
5" move, 2 wounds, 5+ save
2 attacks, 4+/4+/0/1
At the start of the charge phase if this unit is >3" from an enemy unit, pick an enemy unit within 12" that isnt a HERO or MONSTER. Roll 2d6 and add 1 to the roll for every model in this unit. If the result is higher than the enemy units bravery, subtract one from hit rolls when that enemy unit fights this unit until the end of the turn.

Murknob with Belch-banna:
6 wounds, 4+ save
3 attacks, 3+/3+/-1/2
KRULEBOYZ wholly within 12" ignore spells on a 5+
At the start of the combat phase roll a dice of each enemy unit within 3". On a 2-5, they suffer 1 mortal wound. On a 6 they suffer d3 mortal wounds.

Hobgrots:
5" Move, 6+ save, 1 wound, Bravery 4
Grenade: 1 attack 4+/3+/-1/1
Melee: 4+/5+/0/1
6 on hit cause two hits

Sludgeraker (Krule Boyz Dragon):

16w with 2+ saves. Ward save 6+
5 attacks at 3+/3+/-3/D4 (damage 4?)
Is a huge crocodilian that's more of a force of nature than a unit.
+1 to wound rolls if it charged. It's also about 150 points less than it ought to be. What's the catch? After the first time it fights it MUST charge the nearest enemy if able for the rest of the game, although a Breaka-boss can check it for a command point.

Skyrippa (Krule Boyz Bat-Like monster with Killaboss rider):
8w with 3+ saves, move 16", DS and -1 to be hit
Is a giant bat w/ a scorpion tail rode by a killaboss. Can deep strike. -1 to be hit.

Edited by Beliman
Grammar and diferent sources merged
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 1

Remember when converting prices, you have to deduct some when going to Gbp, since we don’t pay import, I think big box is 125/130, rulebook 40, etc. So don’t worry, prices are basically the same as 40k release!

Edited by Deakz28
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, Snorri Nelriksson said:

Azyr contained dwarves,elves and humans for centuries and these crusaders are their continuation, i doubt they'll dump totally the interspecies units as ,opposed to the 40k imperium, gods are worshipped by various species(for example the Grungni forge-dimension in spear of shadows has some Ogors).

Serpentis and privateers have also faithful and loyal sigmarite in them, and even who do not worship sigmar find common causes in the cities civilization where they belonged for many years.

Still i find strange having Dok helping these efforts and not seen as traitors though.

We'll have to see. I don't have faith (...) in GW's writing for this or dwarf mashup.

They could have named it Lucifer's Jihad, which means about the same with the same subtlety.

Edited by zilberfrid
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Hmm. Not sure I entirely believe those, seem a bit like safe bets and wish listing. Yndrasta counting them has having 10 less wounds seems odd when Sigmar has traditionally counted how many wounds they’ve taken.

That said they could be legit, they seem interesting.

7 hours ago, HollowHills said:

2021/2022

Chorfs

Now, as much as I wish this to be true (so that we Lumineth Realm-chads can keep on winning 😎) I take issue with the fact that it fails to mention any other new Destruction armies in what’s meant to be the destruction edition. Death got like what, 3 in 2e? So you’d expect there to be more.

Plus, I’m not gonna put it here but I saw the leaks on /tg/ itself and they get more and more unreasonable, claiming to know the exact way 3e is gonna end - which is just plain unrealistic, GW might plan model release far in advance, but not the story. So therefore, this is probably a fake.

• Like 3