The Rumour Thread

1 minute ago, Chikout said:

Fantastic box art! All three boxes look interesting. I guess these are coming the week after Ghb2. Looking forward to seeing the prices.

Well the Tempest on is at least £150 worth of kits, so hopefully some saving.  Anyone want to do a proper price breakdown?

Certainly don't like the direction wich is to mix armies. Firstly this ally mechanic from ghb2, now this. I'm afraid we might be seeing less thematic armies like Fyreslayers and Kharadrons in favour of some big, old, boring dwarfs empire. Hope this is made as somethind additional to new concept armies. 

37 minutes ago, Aryann said:

Certainly don't like the direction wich is to mix armies. Firstly this ally mechanic from ghb2, now this. I'm afraid we might be seeing less thematic armies like Fyreslayers and Kharadrons in favour of some big, old, boring dwarfs empire. Hope this is made as somethind additional to new concept armies. 

I think these particular boxes are very much in keeping as a representation of defenders of Sigmar's cities (they're old school faction plus stormcast rather than the other way round).  I can see what you're saying, but would guess that as they're being brought in for what appears to be a narrative expansion it's not necessarily going to be the "norm" - though time will answer that one.

• Like 4

It's a lady Stormcast. Shame I would love to have the pelt/cape option for a male hero, if it is the lion head one, Need to have a look at the sprue for a conversion.

Disappointed with the box sets. I have no interest in old miniatures.

Edited by Sete
  • Like 1

58 minutes ago, Aryann said:

Interesting because I feel that mixed armies are more thematic than mono-allegiance ones. 

• Like 7

Spoiler

By the Emperor, why can't I have more money to spend?

Seriously, the Tempest's Eye and Hammerhal sets are like exactly what I was wanting to grab for my Order army!  I'm glad that I didn't back a few months ago, and I seriously hope that these sets stick around for a while and aren't limited release.  The savings on these will be awesome.

16 minutes ago, BURF1 said:

And I'm just sitting here like 'FEMALE STORMCAST OMG!!!'

I don't play/collect Stormcast Eternals but I may very well buy her just to encourage GW to produce more powerful female characters, especially badass armor wearing women.

Edited by The Golem
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, chord said:

Interesting because I feel that mixed armies are more thematic than mono-allegiance ones. 

Can't agree. This anvilgard box is really anti-thematic. Especially if we remember what emotions where between old empire and dark elves. Yeah I know that now they are in the same grand alliance but just look at them. They don't  match. If i ever buy this box it'll be because i need stormcast minis and privateers minis for my two seperate armies. 

Somebody who came up with allies mechanic earned GW a lot of money. It's almost obligatory if you want to be competetive and they sell old minis. It wasn't made to let people make more thematic armies. 

Edited by Aryann

8 minutes ago, Aryann said:

Can't agree. This anvilgard box is really anti-thematic. Especially if we remember what emotions where between old empire and dark elves.

But but but... the Stormcast and the scourge privateers have nothing to do with the World that was... The empire of Karl Franz and the druchii of Naggaroth don't mean anything in Age of Sigmar now.

• Like 10

3 minutes ago, The Golem said:

But but but... the Stormcast and the scourge privateers have nothing to do with the World that was... The empire of Karl Franz and the druchii of Naggaroth don't mean anything in Age of Sigmar now.

Even despite their story they are way too much different in design of minis. Pirates and winged paladins? Nah. 

Edited by Aryann

It probably wasn't made to make more competitive armies, either. The allies mechanic was likely made for profit potential.

Can't fault them for making business decisions. I'm a fan of the allies system. I think it will make armies just as competitive and I love the fact that I can roll armies in countless varieties rather then suffer with the monotony of the same army. It I'll be fun to see more variety in list composition.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

19 minutes ago, Aryann said:

Can't agree. This anvilgard box is really anti-thematic. Especially if we remember what emotions where between old empire and dark elves. Yeah I know that now they are in the same grand alliance but just look at them. They don't  match. If i ever buy this box it'll be because i need stormcast minis and privateers minis for my two seperate armies. 

Somebody who came up with allies mechanic earned GW a lot of money. It's almost obligatory if you want to be competetive and they sell old minis. It wasn't made to let people make more thematic armies. 

None of these races know anything about the old world though.  These boxes make sense in the lord of the Mortal Realms.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Aryann said:

How do you know this? The Allies rules haven't even been released.

Also there is no such thing as empire and dark elves. They all died.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Aryann said:

What if the theme is an uneasy alliance, based on the need for both to exploit a Realmgate, without the cost of destroying each other? An uneasy alliance based on necessity, based on being able to conduct a war on many fronts without being weakened and without unwittingly making Chaos' job easier?

Edited by Tzaangor Management

11 minutes ago, Tzaangor Management said:

What if the theme is an uneasy alliance, based on the need for both to exploit a Realmgate, without the cost of destroying each other? An uneasy alliance based on necessity, based on being able to conduct a war on many fronts without being weakened and without unwittingly making Chaos' job easier?

That way I can come up with a scenario for Stormcasts-Khorne alliance or Dwarf-Orkz. There can always be a greater evil that needs special alliances to be made. :P