The Rumour Thread

Ward Saves, Miscasts, Shorter spell ranges forcing mages to get in the action, new objective holding mechanics? I feel like this new edition was designed with my personal hopes in mind. I also even like the more regimented unit formations, even though I think they are a little unwieldy in combat or for certain base sizes and I am a huge fan of the new table sizes. 

Edited by Neverchosen
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, JonnyTheKing said:

I knew this would be coming from a Lumineth player

It is because of comments like this that I have stopped collecting the Army....
All this whining about Lumineth Players makes me want to quit honestly. 
Anyway the new edition can't come soon enough so people can find something else to complain about.

• Like 6
  • Sad 2

I really like the single statue atop the broken wall section but to be honest the "under construction" look is not what I hoped for personally, even if there's a reason behind it. :D Would've preferred pristine already constructed buildings (that block LOS, that's something we kinda don't have).

Edited by MitGas
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Tiberius501 said:

Okay now that I’ve gotten my major disappointment that they aren’t chilling on mortal wounds or shooting out of the way, I’m mad keen on getting these figures anyway. The game is fun enough how it is, and the models and fun with friends are still worth it.

My last concern has me pretty worried though. I have a bad feeling that they’ll use a new edition as an excuse to get rid of the cheap PDF’s and make the books more expensive, like they did with 40K 9th.

If they don’t do that, I’ll be fine. If they do do that, I may try to insight a riot. 

At least with the Kruelboys I can finally get some shooting and siege weaponry into my Ironjawz lists. I used to use various customized  orruks as proxies for Gitmob artillery pieces until they got squatted. I have a bunch of Orruk Brutes holding Vanguard Raptor Crossbows with goblin attendants carrying bolts that I used to use a proxies for Grot Spear Chukkas. Now I can dust them off and bring them back as Man-Skewer Boltboys 

• Like 2

This sounds like those Crusades are just a new Allegiance to choose for Stormcast with some Cities of Sigmar to reinforce and that it's focus is building settlements.

I was hoping for an army, like a crusade with Flaggellants and Witch Hunters and Lord-Veritants to burn some witches, more destruction focussed. But oh well, there was that rumor engine with a w like witch on the skeletons skull, might still be happening. I like the two new Witch Hunters (although I think 40€ is steep) and I've got a painted Jelsen Darrock, so I really want more religious fanatics to follow my Stormcast into battle. Like the one Fluff text in the Battletome next to the Celestial Vindicators :D

3 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

I love that the scenery is under-construction rather than just a ruin. Having buildings that're hollow, but not because they've been smashed to pieces is definitely going to diversify a lot of boards without drastically changing unusable space too much.

Well, that's a record to find someone that disagrees with me. 🤣👍

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, MitGas said:

I like the fluff and new scenery pieces. It's like GW made the bespoke for the Cities army I already have, so I guess I have a nice, ready-made backstory for them and the option to buy some nice terrain now.

6 minutes ago, Neverchosen said:

Pretty building the forces of order are building, sure would be a shame if someone came and smashed it 
bc3MANBqqc2cQkun.jpg

Aaaaand now that you've successfully summoned KingBrodd, we'll have to listen about something-Gargants again. ;)

• Haha 3

Just now, Clan's Cynic said:

Don't get me wrong, I'd prefer complete buildings as well, but GW don't seem to want terrain that is fully enclosed whilst taking up large space.

Nah, all cool, bud 💖.   Maybe we'll get old-fahsioned buildings with roofs and other stuff next edition, when they're done? But since these are the new backdrops for battles, I'm not sure if the completion date will hold.

From the lore video, it sounds like the Thunderstrike Stormcast are different individuals with souls less vulnerable to being eroded, rather than Thunderstrike armour just being something the existing Stormcast wear?

Primaris Stormcast, if you will.

;^)

Edited by Clan's Cynic

35 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

Me too. Phil Kelly on Twitter did point out the terrain yesterday, which makes me think it will be the terrain in detail.

Hopefully Thursday we'll get a big beast preview. I'd like to see a general monster that can be taken by any Destruction force, and gains that allegiance' keyword(s). Some massive megafauna like a Rhinox, a giant predator perhaps (cat, baer, etc), some weird drakespawn would be cool (but directly clash with Kragnos lore, so probably a no),  Or just some huge, terrible beast made of nightmare fuel. There's all these giant bones scattered around Ghur, I want to see what they belong to!. (and then put a howdah on its back and cover it with Orruks and Grots waving banners)

12 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

From the lore video, it sounds like the Thunderstrike Stormcast are different individuals with souls less vulnerable to being eroded, rather than Thunderstrike armour just being something the existing Stormcast wear?

Primaris Stormcast, if you will.

;^)

We finally fixed the flaw in the geneseed reforging process!

9 minutes ago, Gothmaug said:

Hopefully Thursday we'll get a big beast preview. I'd like to see a general monster that can be taken by any Destruction force, and gains that allegiance' keyword(s). Some massive megafauna like a Rhinox, a giant predator perhaps (cat, baer, etc), some weird drakespawn would be cool (but directly clash with Kragnos lore, so probably a no),  Or just some huge, terrible beast made of nightmare fuel. There's all these giant bones scattered around Ghur, I want to see what they belong to!. (and then put a howdah on its back and cover it with Orruks and Grots waving banners)

Massive cat creature that randomly falls asleep, counting as impassable terrain and anything that flies over it gets swatted?  Also if within 6" of the board edge pushes a model off the edge and it's instantly slain 😁

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

1 minute ago, Maidros said:

I like how there is so much emphasis on Grugni. He's mentioned everywhere. I hope it's not limited to his help in creating new Stormcast and we finally get his faction.

I just hope that when we get Grungi's model he is a stressed out engineer with a coffee and some blue prints stuck under his arms.

He should have a special rule "Do it yourself". Whenever an opposing Order God issues a command Grungi rolls a dice, if he rolls a one he can no longer contain his anger and he tells them off! They can no longer issue commands for the rest of the match for fear of Grungi quitting. Even when facing Grungi in battle the Order Gods realize he is the only one keeping things together. 

• Like 5

I'm not wild about this new additional emphasis on crusades and colonisation in the AoS 3.0 background, all these paragons of light forging out from civilisation to "settle in new lands across the Mortal Realms" stuff, to literally purify the dark lands of their monstrous inhabitants. All this stuff about taming the frontier.

It's a shift of emphasis from the idea of reclamation and freeing people from the yoke of chaos domination we got at the start of AoS 1.0. This new angle has some strong undertones of settler-colonialism and manifest destiny as noble and vital things. As ever it's going to depend on the implementation, it's entirely possible it won't done coarsely and uncritically, but eh. We'll see.

Edited by sandlemad
  • Like 14
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 7

2 minutes ago, sandlemad said:

I'm not wild about this new additional emphasis on crusades and colonisation in the AoS 3.0 background, all this forging out from civilisation to "settle in new lands across the Mortal Realms" and literally purify the lands of darkness of their monstrous inhabitants. All this stuff about taming the frontier.

It's a shift of emphasis from the idea of reclamation and freeing people from the yoke of chaos we got at the start of AoS 1.0. This new angle has some strong undertones of settler-colonialism and manifest destiny as noble and vital things. As ever it's going to depend on the implementation, it's entirely possible it won't done coarsely and uncritically, but eh. We'll see.

GW is not endorsing any kind of idea in the real world when they write fiction. They don't endorse 15th century European colonialism just because they write stories about Dawnbringer Crusades, nor do they endorse real world examples of genocide, slavery, or cannibalism when they write about the Age of Chaos.

A fantasy setting is a good place to explore ideas without making moral judgements about their real world similarities. You can stop clutching your pearls ;)

• Like 23
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1