The Rumour Thread

3 minutes ago, Tiberius501 said:

This is one of the biggest problems with GW marketing though. It’s fun to a degree getting these little snippets each day, keeps the hype going and gets you looking forward to something each day. And it’s not just a GW tactic tbf, a lot of companies do it.

But you definitely get the problem of seeing things out of context which can lead to some rushed opinions. I am included in this, and imo I don’t see any nerfs like that coming to shooting, I think it’s just gonna be really strong, until maybe they nerf the stats in later tomes. 

I think they are posting more rules like they used to. For indomitus we had leaks or nothing lol. At least here we can see some full warscrolls each day and important rules. +2 articles in per day.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Nuriel said:

Orruk Warclans then. So, bye bye new units for Ironjawz and Bonesplitterz :( I'm wondering if Big Waagh will be still usable in 3rd edition. I have wanted to start a project with Greenskins army for four systems (The 9th Age, Kings of War, Old World and Age of Sigmar) using generic Mantic miniatures and Ironjawz...

If the first battletome we get is orruk warclans revamp that includes ironjaws and bonesplitters i'll be thrilled. It soulds like they are moving toward a more integrated soup army. If my ironjawz get new warscrolls and become the heavily armored 3+ save units, the Kruelboys become the standard 4+ save orruk , and the bonesplitters have a 5+, I'll be fine with that. Give each Orruk lineage a different focus. I'd love ironjaw Brutes to get some buffs to be the heavy hitting elite foot troops, with the kruelboys providing the artillery and archery. 

And some of the previews have said the kruelboys will be bringing in more monstrous units, so perhaps we'll get some massive swamp monsters or other creatures that the bonesplitters players could then use inside this new Warclans assembly. 

• Like 1

Dammit GW gives me a really hard time to Decide which Army I should collect first if they keep teasing such exciting Concepts. So I hope they make a Dawnbringer Crusade Faction with new Models as a propper Age of Sigmar equivalent to the Old Empire but I guess we will find out tomorrow what the Crusade is all about.Meme.jpg.538197818bdff37c9e31a3ce593d75df.jpg

Edited by Udalriki
  • Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 4

11 minutes ago, Udalriki said:

Dammit GW gives me a really hard time to Decide which Army I should collect first if they keep teasing such exciting Concepts. So I hope they make a Dawnbringer Crusade Faction with new Models as a propper Age of Sigmar equivalent to the Old Empire but I guess we will find out tomorrow what the Crusade is all about.

I feel you on that one, I'm currently trying to narrow down 6 armies to 1 for my first. Plus, knowing my luck, when I finally pick one that's when they bust out the rumoured new Dark Elves.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Ahlambra said:

I feel you on that one, I'm currently trying to narrow down 6 armies to 1 for my first. Plus, knowing my luck, when I finally pick one that's when they bust out the rumoured new Dark Elves.

Then just go for DoK and have some "Dark Elves" Vibe

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Xil said:

Then just go for DoK and have some "Dark Elves" Vibe

One of the armies I'm considering is Cities of Sigmar, mainly for Anvilgard or Misthavn with a focus on Dark Elves. Dark Elves and some kind of converted, edgy Steam Tank.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Feii said:

Kinda weird given that Morathi has been updated that with a rule/CA that double shoots the snakes (in a different phase lol) 

dont expect to see a rule like you have mentioned. Maybe we will grt better terrain rules? 

I don't expect that specific rule either, but we literally have no idea what, if any, other restrictions on shooting would be.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, chosen_of_khaine said:

I don't expect that specific rule either, but we literally have no idea what, if any, other restrictions on shooting would be.

And it doesn't even have to be a shooting specific rule.  

The aforementioned rumored limits on (and reductions of) unit size would instantly reduce the power of all buffs and synergies for shooting, including the Morathi CA and similar shoot twice abilities.  It would suddenly be seriously more difficult to focus buffs and then project that synergy across the table via shooting.  

It wouldn't take a lot, and may take many forms.  

53 minutes ago, Indecisive said:

'Nature elf soup' sounds like wanderers are getting taken out of cities. 

So potentially dispossessed will go to 'dwarf soup'.

Which leaves the dark elves and high elves. Har kuron has some recent lore, so that's probably staying.

But I'm getting increasingly worried for my phoenix guard army. Maybe time to look at ebay while they're still worth anything

5 hours ago, chosen_of_khaine said:

Another hot take: The game is better *with* mortal wounds than without them, and having MW represent "non-physical" damage (i.e. magic, poisons, etc) that isn't mitigated by armor is in fact very fluffy.

Spoiler

image.jpeg.9d72cbe84d0b25c90c6de724790cf331.jpeg

I don't know what you mean by armor not protecting from Mortal Wound damage. Mine seems to be doing an excellent job to the point I say pile more MW into the game.  They're easier to save than Rend -2.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

If i read it well,with this new overwatch ca i gonna can shoot with  tye magmadroth or blackdragon breaths ignoring the -1 hit?

That would be cool for the weak blackdragon also a unit of 3 gyrocopters doing 3 shoots for each enemy model sound fun lol

35 minutes ago, Acrozatarim said:

I'd assume Phoenix Guard etc get souped into Lumineth when Tyrion arrives, since he's supposed to be associated with the phoenix.

I wouldn't think so.  Any player with a large enough High Elf army would be better served to turn them into a count-as Lumineth army if CoS doesn't keep them.  Any Lumineth player isn't likely to want to bother with obviously old models that only tangent-ly match aesthetics unless they happen to be a power gamer and high elves offer more power.  This might have worked before the Lumineth wave 2 model release, but LRL aren't hurting for choices anymore. 

The only player this could work for is a hypothically displaced City of Sigmar player that likes the few high models they have but don't have enough for a full army, so they start now collecting Lumineth.  I don't see this working out well either as such a player is probably going to be pretty sore at losing their faction and forced to collect some of the most expensive, fiddly/fragile models GW produces.  And I say that as a Lumineth player.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Gothmaug said:

If the first battletome we get is orruk warclans revamp that includes ironjaws and bonesplitters i'll be thrilled. It soulds like they are moving toward a more integrated soup army. If my ironjawz get new warscrolls and become the heavily armored 3+ save units, the Kruelboys become the standard 4+ save orruk , and the bonesplitters have a 5+, I'll be fine with that. Give each Orruk lineage a different focus. I'd love ironjaw Brutes to get some buffs to be the heavy hitting elite foot troops, with the kruelboys providing the artillery and archery. 

And some of the previews have said the kruelboys will be bringing in more monstrous units, so perhaps we'll get some massive swamp monsters or other creatures that the bonesplitters players could then use inside this new Warclans assembly. 

More monsters are definitely needed. I'd imagine we may get a smaller Gnashtooth type species but maybe we could turn up the AOS to 11 and get some Tapir cavlary!!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jagged Red Lines said:

Which leaves the dark elves and high elves. Har kuron has some recent lore, so that's probably staying.

But I'm getting increasingly worried for my phoenix guard army. Maybe time to look at ebay while they're still worth anything

There are also humans in Cities. These don't seem to go anywhere.

I think cities will kinda go away but also stay.

Right now they’re a pot of old models stuffed into honestly pretty awesome lore. In the near future I see mankind get its crusade army book, elves their three big factions, just like the dwarves will get theirs. 
Cities, at that point, will only contain new models (including AoS updates to old ones, where they suit the general theme), but on the other hand allow for a wild mix of AoS (not old world) armies to give each city its own flavor.

4 hours ago, Jagged Red Lines said:

Mind I'd take all that with a large spoon of salt. Both Bob and Hastings are mostly going off of lore hints and what other rumors are saying.

Seeing that both he's mistaken on that zone being named Athel Loren (it's a vague scene of the new clean woods sparking that memory in Alarielle) and the big reddit leak they follow was only half right about the Stormcast & Orruk release (it said slender Stormcast dragons & hobgoblin army with wolves) it's very likely there's more stumbles on the way.

Personally expecting Kurnothi and new Grungni duardin to replace the old models ala Lumineth but I think it'll all depend on what the Dawncrusade entails.

If it's a new Order of Azyr book then it won't affect much.

If it's the Soulblight Gravelords treatment for CoS then it'll thin the forces down more to make room for new AoS races.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

More monsters are definitely needed. I'd imagine we may get a smaller Gnashtooth type species but maybe we could turn up the AOS to 11 and get some Tapir cavlary!!

I say go old fashioned, give me a giant squiggly swamp beast that inspired all the Kruelboys shield. Or some other massive beast. Ghur is the land of beasts for goodness sake, give us something other than a mawkrusha. I think the Orruk riding the troggoth is a good place to start (especially since I made one last year with an old Greenskinz chariot mounted as a platform on the shoulders a Dankhold, that I use as My Rogue Idol Proxy :)

• LOVE IT! 1

Haha, to me she was the opposite with being their death sentence.

They could've easily made her a Wanderer (the Kurnothi short story even mentions animal mutations can occur in normal aelves) but instead they did everything to clarify she was Sylvaneth from keyword to giving her a stomach seed and being from a sub-realm only Sylvaneth are allowed in.

So though it can still be up to speculation that seems very intentional they're doing more and more to push them out of the lore ever since Lumineth took over the niche of nature aelves that heal the land and commune with animal realm spirits.

• Like 2

Anyone else thinking we might see more of the "uber-leaders" for factions come out in 3e?

Most armies have a structure where there's a smaller force that players can fluff out as "their's" that's beholden to a larger organization comprised of many of the smaller ones. I'm talking stuff like Stormcast Chambers to Stormhosts, Flesh Eater Kingdoms to Empires, BoC Beasterds to Greatfrays, etc.

In the case of the Flesh Eaters, we already have an example of this, with (get this) Ghoul Kings leading Kingdoms that are subservient to the Empires of Archregents. 

In the case of Ogres, we have Tyrants (who have a model) that lead armies that are under the wider command of Overtyrants (who don't). Stormcast have Lord-Celestants, Aquilors, etc. who lead Chambers that are parts of the wider Stormhosts, headed by Lord-Commanders, who have no table-top presence.

Given that we have examples of this with Archregents and plenty of god-level characters on the field already, I can't see a legitimate reason other armies don't have access to these leaders who exist in the lore, and the whole system seems like an easy way for GW to squeeze out a bit of extra dosh from players with armies that aren't likely to see real releases for a while. Great potential for alternate builds as named characters, too.

• LOVE IT! 2

1 hour ago, KriticalKhan said:

Anyone else thinking we might see more of the "uber-leaders" for factions come out in 3e?

Most armies have a structure where there's a smaller force that players can fluff out as "their's" that's beholden to a larger organization comprised of many of the smaller ones. I'm talking stuff like Stormcast Chambers to Stormhosts, Flesh Eater Kingdoms to Empires, BoC Beasterds to Greatfrays, etc.

In the case of the Flesh Eaters, we already have an example of this, with (get this) Ghoul Kings leading Kingdoms that are subservient to the Empires of Archregents. 

In the case of Ogres, we have Tyrants (who have a model) that lead armies that are under the wider command of Overtyrants (who don't). Stormcast have Lord-Celestants, Aquilors, etc. who lead Chambers that are parts of the wider Stormhosts, headed by Lord-Commanders, who have no table-top presence.

Given that we have examples of this with Archregents and plenty of god-level characters on the field already, I can't see a legitimate reason other armies don't have access to these leaders who exist in the lore, and the whole system seems like an easy way for GW to squeeze out a bit of extra dosh from players with armies that aren't likely to see real releases for a while. Great potential for alternate builds as named characters, too.

That'd be nice.
Some people dislike named characters, but I do like factions having some sort of fieldable bigshot. Gives you something for you to really rally behind and follow their narrative threads. Without such a character you sort of feel like you are on the sidelines.

If your faction is all nameless, they tend to not do much in narrative.
Ogors need something. As do Beasts. FEC has their guy, the deadbeat just needs to turn up someday.

• Like 3

I'd like uber-leaders in the sense of Kragnos and Nagash(probably Archaon & Belakor too, I don't bother much with Chaos) taking advantage of the Grand Alliances so more different armies can form up behind them.

It's a cool thematic look to see so many diverse races lead by a god/demigod leader to show why they came together for their pantheons and would be great in both boosting Grand Alliance armies and giving a link to build off of for other armies.

That's why I'm hoping it's the case with the Azyr Lord too. It'd already fit Stormcasts wanting to ally with all races and her coming from the higher tiers of Azyrheim means she has connections to the Grand Conclave which has representatives from multiple races on it's council to back up her authority.

Okay now that I’ve gotten my major disappointment that they aren’t chilling on mortal wounds or shooting out of the way, I’m mad keen on getting these figures anyway. The game is fun enough how it is, and the models and fun with friends are still worth it.

My last concern has me pretty worried though. I have a bad feeling that they’ll use a new edition as an excuse to get rid of the cheap PDF’s and make the books more expensive, like they did with 40K 9th.

If they don’t do that, I’ll be fine. If they do do that, I may try to insight a riot. 

• Like 2